two versions running side by side

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to run both MS Money 2005 and 2006
on the same PC without a conflict?  The Money 2006 install suggests
uninstalling the older version, but what if someone prefers to run both
versions until they are sure they want to buy 2006?

Thanks!

Thanks,
Shelley
http://financialsoft.about.com

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, aboutfinsoft@gmail.com wrote:

>Can anyone tell me if it is possible to run both MS Money 2005 and 2006
>on the same PC without a conflict?  The Money 2006 install suggests
>uninstalling the older version, but what if someone prefers to run both
>versions until they are sure they want to buy 2006?

Yes.  You can have both 2005 and 2006 on your computer at the same
time, installed into different folders.  You can have them open, one
at a time. Tell Money 2006 to not uninstall the other version.

The only caveats I can think of are the last-installed is set up
with the file associations, so when you download an OFX or QIF, the
last installed gets fed the file.  To feed the file to both, save
the file to disk, and do File->Import to both.  Just clicking a
link sends the file to the last-installed.  You could manually
adjust the associations, or could reinstall 2005 to reset the
associations.

Copy your Money 2005 file to another filename such as Mon06.mny.
If there is a Passport on the file, open the copy with Money 2005
and remove the passport before converting.  It may not be good to
use the same Passport on both.  There may be no problems with that.
I am just not sure.  You can add a DIFFERENT Passport to that file
if you like, but I would not have the same Passport on both files.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/8/2005 8:17:49 PM
Thank you very much!

What not have the same Passport?  I've ran two Money programs side-by-side
in the past and never noticed anything other than pymt transactions made in
one version were auto downloaded to the other version.  Just curious.

> In microsoft.public.money, aboutfinsoft@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>Can anyone tell me if it is possible to run both MS Money 2005 and 2006
>>on the same PC without a conflict?  The Money 2006 install suggests
>>uninstalling the older version, but what if someone prefers to run both
>>versions until they are sure they want to buy 2006?
>
> Yes.  You can have both 2005 and 2006 on your computer at the same
> time, installed into different folders.  You can have them open, one
> at a time. Tell Money 2006 to not uninstall the other version.
>
> The only caveats I can think of are the last-installed is set up
> with the file associations, so when you download an OFX or QIF, the
> last installed gets fed the file.  To feed the file to both, save
> the file to disk, and do File->Import to both.  Just clicking a
> link sends the file to the last-installed.  You could manually
> adjust the associations, or could reinstall 2005 to reset the
> associations.
>
> Copy your Money 2005 file to another filename such as Mon06.mny.
> If there is a Passport on the file, open the copy with Money 2005
> and remove the passport before converting.  It may not be good to
> use the same Passport on both.  There may be no problems with that.
> I am just not sure.  You can add a DIFFERENT Passport to that file
> if you like, but I would not have the same Passport on both files.

0
noemail1 (157)

Add the contents of two sheets together
I am looking for a way to add the content of two sheets or even 1 shee together. I have a large list of part numbers with quantities. Som of the part numbers are repeated. I would like to add the duplicat part number quantities together and have just 1 line with the par number and the total quantity. Does anyone have any insight? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Sounds like a job for a pivot table. See here for an intro: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm -- Andy. "mwiggins367 >" <<mwiggins367.16x77f@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote...

Canadian version??
I just bought MS Money 2004 the "Canadian" version, however all of the banks that are listed in the program and that can be accessed are American, as well most other things are American (spelling, the way that a debit card works in the US as opposed to Canada, ie: more like a cheque). Can anyone tell me what is Canadian about this version or did I get the wrong one? Thanks. Susie in BC In microsoft.public.money, Susan wrote: > Can anyone tell me what is Canadian about this >version or did I get the wrong one? The basis for stocks will be the average basis rather tha...

Client-Side Lookup Question
Hello, We have a routine that runs when certain attributes on the order are filled in. So when the attributes are filled in and the users press the save button a message pops up confirming that they want to run this routine. One of the citeria for running the routine is that the opportunity that the order is associated to must be closed. Right now there is no checking for this. Is there a way through jscript that when they try to run the routine it will first go out and check if the associated opportunity is closed. If it is still open it pops up a message saying they must close ...

Running out of memory?
How do I increase the file size allocated to my Outlook 2002 emails? If I download, say, 5000 emails I will quickly run out of room in the Outlook file. How do I increase the Outlook file size? Thanks. rush ...

Outlook 97 won't run on my Windows xp
Hi I recently installed office xp on my system every program works except for Outlook , which starts and says building outlook bar then just quits please help, or is there another contact program that I can use with active sync so I can get data onto my pocket pc , thanks garygthompson@gmail.com <garygthompson@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi I recently installed office xp on my system every program works > except for Outlook , which starts and says building outlook bar then > just quits In the subject you say "Outlook 97" and in the body you say "Office XP", whi...

Merge cells in two columns
Hi I have a worksheet with 300 rows Is it possible to merge 2 adjacent columns in one or two steps without having to do each one individually I've just learnt how to merge 2 adjacent cells to include all data in the range in the merged cell column C has the word 'dist' in ever row column D has numbers from 1 to 14 in random order using Excel 2000 Martin ���� >>Is it possible to merge 2 adjacent columns in one or two steps without having to do each one individually Easy, but you have to use a menu choice not shown on the menus by default. Do a View, Toolbars, Custom...

Synchronising two copies of Outlook 2003
I don't think it has ever been possible to synchronise Outlook on two PCs before. Is there any improvement to this in Office 2003? I'm not using Exchange or anything, just using a PC and a laptop at different times to access the same POP3 account. >-----Original Message----- >I don't think it has ever been possible to synchronise >Outlook on two PCs before. Is there any improvement to >this in Office 2003? I'm not using Exchange or anything, >just using a PC and a laptop at different times to access >the same POP3 account. >. >If you are using...

how to calculate seconds elapsed between two moments?
I need the number of seconds between two moments. A1: 14:10:00 A2: 14:15:00 Difference is 5 minutes = 300 seconds. What formula(/cell format) do I need to use to get the number 300 in the result cell? When I use the formula A2-A1 I get a 00:05:00 (in time format) 0.003472222 (in General format) When I use Second(a2-a1) I get 0 how to get 300 ?? Wim Custom format the cell containing the formula to: [ss] The square brackets prevent the seconds from rolling over to minutes and / or hours when they're greater then 60. -- HTH, RD =====================================================...

CRM International Versions
I understand that in v1.2 that each language must be its own server/db - anyone have any prescriptive guidance or "block diagram" on how these seperate servers "roll up" for Sales Management? Is this handled by the organizational/business unit structures? Also - will the requirement for seperate systems hold true in version 3.0? No multi-lingual support in the upcoming v3.0, although Microsoft says they are committed to doing it some day. Any aggregation of the separate CRM implemenations would have to be done by you, or a third party - likely a data warehouse of s...

Macro to run when opening doc
Hi all Is there any way to make a macro run when opening a specific document?? Tks in advance António Hi Antonio, Yes, you can name the macro 'AutoOpen' or call it from a macro so-named in a normal code module. Alternatively, you can use a 'Document_Open' macro in the document's 'ThisDocument' module, instead of the 'AutoOpen' macro. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Antonio" <Antonio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:965EBAAC-A781-4163-9530-8454EDE1832B@microsoft.com... > Hi all &g...

Run Code in General Module Upon Activation of Other Sheets
I have VBA code residing in a general module of a workbook. The outpu from the code updates several sheets in the workbook. I would like t automatically Run the code in the general module if any of thes several sheets are activated (by clicking on the sheet�s tab). How ca I do this? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Steve You can use the folowwing events in the sheet module(not a normal module) Right click on a sheet tab and choose view code. Paste the events in there and press Alt-Q to go back to Excel. You can copy the code in the event or type the macro name ...

Copying pst file while Outlook running
Is it possible to copy my local pst file to backup while my Outlook is running? Any program I try to touch it (including DOS bat files with the copy command) result in an error message that another program is using it. No. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:exWWl9FQFHA.1528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to copy my local pst file to backup while my Outlook is > running? > > Any program I try to touch it (including DOS bat files with the copy > command) result in an error message that another program is usi...

two linked files maintained by Sharepoint
Currently, I have one excel file which has both data entry and charting in it, Roughly about 3Mb file. I would to split this document into two pieces: the data entry portion and the charting portion, where "chart.xls" would reference the cells in tdataEntry.xls" The data entry portion is too complex, to store just as a complex list in Sharepoint. But we don't need to have each use check in/check out the entire 3 MB each time. 1. It is possible to have two linked Excel documents in Sharepoint? Thus, a user could to check out only the "dataEntry.xls" or both...

PDK in two companies
We are setting up a second company within PDK. Can I be an administrator/delegate for other time sheets if I am not an employee of this company? We are on GP 10 Can anyone please reply with an answer to this question? My payroll person posted this and we need to get this answered ASAP. "ASMAIL" wrote: > We are setting up a second company within PDK. Can I be an > administrator/delegate for other time sheets if I am not an employee of this > company? > > We are on GP 10 Still no replies here? Anyone? "DavidM" wrote: > Can any...

Throwing two dice and print out the total of each throw
in the days of line numbers i build a short programme to simulate the throwing of two dice with a screen print out the number of times, a particular number randomly came up . My question is can this run using Access VB ? Any constructive advise would be most welcome . The old code is as follows: REM THROWING 2 DICE CLS INPUT "How many Throws", N Dim A(12) FOR M = 1 TO 12 A(M) = 0 Next M FOR T = 1 TO N X = int(6 * rnd (1)) + 1 Y = int(6 * rnd (1)) + 1 Z = X + Y A (Z) = A(Z)+1 NEXT T CLS PRINT TAB(5); "Total" ; TAB(25); " Frequency" PRINT...

Running on low free space
That little monster alert keeps popping up every two minutes when I am on the console. I have gotten it so that I have 161 MB of free space, but when I start to do a virus pattern update with Trend Micro it drops down to about 45 mbytes, and the update craps out with a statement that the update is 80 per cent and the action is uncompleted. What can I do to get more free disk space from this hog. There is 18 Gigs in the system partition and I am at SP1, and not going any further. Can I get rid of all the uninstall points related to KB? There are three log files that are rea...

Run Excel file on a Server
I have an 8 meg excel file that needs to be shared with a whole team who connects to our web site with a very slow connection. Is there a way to "run" an Excel file on a server, so that the user is actually only loading the "tab" that they are using vs. loading the entire file everytime they want to look one thing up. This Excel file is updated regularily. Sadly, it won't work to just distribute it on CDs. Thanks in advance! Jon ...

Routine to run/export queries
Looking for some links to examples that do the following (or something close): 1. user would create a whole bunch of queries themselves (using Access) 2. form that lets the user runs these queries to display results and/or export 3. Would be good if user could select multiple queries and get multiple resultsets to display or be exported to an excel file with multiple worksheets. Example: user selects 5 queries and wants an excel file made with 5 tabs with the 5 different outputs of the queries, or the outputs of the 5 queries show in a form with multiple tabs in Access (hide...

Running total field
I have built an education assistance database for tuition reimburstments. The running total field I have on the data entry form needs to reflect how much each employee has received in the current calendar year. The school information, semester and dollars are in a sub-form of the data entry form for employee information. I have a running total control on the employee form that pulls from the subform school, however I can not get it to calculate only between dates of 1.1.2008 and 12.31.2008. Any help will be appricated. Thank you Michael S. On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 06:48:01 -0800, Michael ...

Still unable to run successful query
I've used the IFF suggestions given but it returns only Not Active results. I'm working on a case problem that reads: Create a query to display all matching records from the tblProgram and tblMember tables, selecting the ProgramType and MonthlyFee fields from the tblProgram table, and the FirstName and LastName fields from the tblMember table. Add a calculated field named MonthlyFeeStatus as the last column that equals Active if the MembershipStatus field is equal to Active and equals Not Active otherwise. -- jj Assuming MembershipStatus is a string (varchar) data field,...

Data Migration Framework for MS CRM 3.0 doesn't run
I've downloaded and installed the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Data Migration Pack, which contains the Data Migration Framework for CRM 3.0, from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d36ac8e-b485-4f0c-9dec-c9bacbad1a73&DisplayLang=en But, when I launch the DMF by going to: Start-> Programs-> Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Pack-> Data Migration Framework I get a busy mouse cursor that changes back to a regular arrow pointer and nothing happens. When I try to launch DMF again, I get a windows error saying that a copy of the DMF framework is alread...

How do I set a macro to run at specific times?
Hi I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could someone tell me how I do this You can read about the scheduling procedures at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm Nick123 wrote: > > Hi > > I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could > someone tell me how I do this -- Dave Peterson ...

What version of Outlook for Windows 98
I am currently running Windows 98 with OE v 6 Does anyone know what is the latest version of Outlook I can install to work with 98. Thanks Outlook Express 6SP1 + additional hotfixes or Microsoft Office Outlook 2002 2 complelty separate programs by the way Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slips...

Can not run money2004, Need Help!
I installed money2004 standard in my laptop with windows xp OS (SP1) successfully. But when I can not run it. The money report "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". And the error detail is "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: ofdutil.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0000ce2d". I try every thing I can,"restart windows","uninstall it and installed it again","uninstall it and install money deluxe demo (download from microsoft website). But it is still not reporting th...

Macros failing in different language versions of Word
My company wants to standardize on templates across several countries - we have offices in many countries, but for simplicity I will just talk about UK and Sweden. My problem is that some features in the English version of Word do not work in the Swedish version of Word. For example, StylRef. I use StyleRef in the header margin to refer to "Heading 1" style. The problem is that it is not called "Heading 1" in the Swedish version of Word. It is called "Rubrik 1", which translates back to "Heading 1" of course. In the UK we use many macro...