Twice Monthly Deposit Question

I get paid twice a month, on the 15th and the last day of
the month. However, if either of those dates falls on a
weekend or holiday, we're paid the first workday before
that date. How do I set this up in Money 2004? Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)
8/7/2004 1:18:21 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Set it up for a 31st and tell it twice a month. Money will then get the
15th/last day part right. The weekends and holidays have to be adjusted by
hand. There is no better way.

> I get paid twice a month, on the 15th and the last day of
> the month. However, if either of those dates falls on a
> weekend or holiday, we're paid the first workday before
> that date. How do I set this up in Money 2004? Thanks!

Thanks, Dick, I'll try that. Perhaps MS will include this
rather mundane task in one of their future upgrades--I'm
sure I'm not the only one who has this issue.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/8/2004 10:29:22 PM
My wife's paycheck has this problem. The Money recurrence scheduler
basically is lame and essentially unchanged for a decade now. Maybe M05 or
M06? I see where Q05 has made some great strides here, but the write-up on
the web would not lead me to believe it's gotten smart enough to shift
around weekends and holidays.

> Thanks, Dick, I'll try that. Perhaps MS will include this
> rather mundane task in one of their future upgrades--I'm
> sure I'm not the only one who has this issue.

Before I found the Newsgoups I found the problem
reporting link for Money, and I posed the same question
there. The MS rep didn't make the suggestion you made,
which actually works pretty well--I only had to adjust
two or three dates over the next year. He did suggest I
submit it to their "wish list," so perhaps one day....
But I'm not going to hold my breath! Getting Money to
recognize holidays might be difficult since its calendar
doesn't include holidays, and many of those dates change
from year to year. But I wouldn't think it would be a
great feat of programming to get it to recognize
weekends. I guess we'll see. Thanks.

0
anonymous (74722)

Redeploy question regarding databases
We just finished the redeploy of CRM 1.2 to 3.0 in a new server. Everything is good but we need help with SQL. The databases need to be updated with the data that employees enter in the old server running 1.2. What is the best way to do it? Do the table structures of both Databases are the same? ...

A question about Outlookexpress backup file (.dbx)
Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a lot! "Jerry" <chance912@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:18e201c4a252$09d330b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the > compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a > lot! From where? Jerry <chance912@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the > compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a > lot! DBX files are NOT "Outlook...

Exchange OWA question
All, Two questions on OWA: 1. Do I need a Front End server to enable OWA from outside for my users? I only have one Exchange 2003 server running Windows 2003. 2. When I access OWA from inside my network, the public folders are view on a different screen. I am not able to use the move items option to move or copy items from my inbox to a public folder as they are not available in the Pick Folder list. Can this be changed? Thanks, Rafael 1. No; OWA can run on that server - but be cautious in allowing connections to the server. I'd be sure to use SSL connections only. 2. I thin...

Question: Before you Buy
Hi All, Concerning the new Microsoft Money version, may be coming from Quicken Deluxe 2006. Question: For the newest version of Microsoft Money, does it support Direct Downloading from Banks? Question: For Backing up your Data Files that you are working with, does Microsoft Money support backing up to DVD Media that you can re-write to, like DVD+RW Disks that are pre-formatted with Nero's InCD program, so you can use the DVD Disks more than one time? -- thecreator In microsoft.public.money, thecreator wrote: > > > Question: For the newest version of M...

Simple Question
Can anyone tell me how to prevent the annoying 'Security Warning' form from appearing everytime I open/load a new database file in ACCESS 2003. Go to: Tools | Macro | Security and set the dialog to Low. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <trekgoes2malaysia@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b80879f9-3e62-4e20-b234-6691e32afffe@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone tell me how to prevent the annoying 'Security Warning' ...

Handle recurring interest deposit?
Hi. I receive a CD monthly interest check which is direct deposited to my investment account. Is there any way in Money 2007 to set this up as a recurring deposit? None of the existing "scheduled transaction" options (bill, deposit, transfer, investment purchase) have all the correct fields. Thanks much. -- Rick Are you looking to schedule an Investment transaction for an Investment Account for Interest paid to a Cash account? You'd like to think that Money, having had Investments for 14 or 15 versions now, would have tumbled to the requirement to schedule this kind of ...

forwarding question for exchange 2k3
I have a new Exchange 2k3 server up and running. I am looking to add email addresses for folks in our sister company and route the messages to them. For example I wish to have johndoe@xyz.com (my domain) route to johndoe@xyz.de (sister domain). Can this be done without creating full mailboxes for those users? Thanks JP You can add Active Directory contact objects into your domain for the sister company. If there are shedloads you can consider using something like SimpleSync www.cps- systems.com to do regular synch ups between the two domains. If the two domains are only liked via the...

I have a question about using a function in a form
I have used the "workingdays2" function in a query to calculate the number of working days between two days like so... WorkingDays2([SLA_Date3],[SLA_Date4]) I have tried using this in a text box in a form but the calculation won't work. Any ideas? Another stupid moment. Date4 was earlier than Date3, duh! "SteveM" wrote: > So I assume WorkingDays2() is a user-defined public function? > SLA_Date3 and SLA_Date4 are fields on your form? > > Try putting = sign first: > > =WorkingDays2([SLA_Date3],[SLA_Date4]) > > Steve > > &quo...

SFO connection question
On SFO I am connected to a MSCRM server 1. Now I want to connect to another server. Where do I have to specify the server ? Or is it only at the client installation time I can specify it ? Does that mean I have to uninstall and install again. Please help. There are registry entries under hkey localmachine, software, microsoft,mscrm which point to the web server. I have never tried changing the web server address. As long as the new web server is still using the same database it may work. Honestly I would reinstall "Arch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

A Tricky Question! Macro & Chart
Hi All I have a very tricky problem here. I have a column chart which has sa 4 columns - namely, A, B, C and D. First Issue - I would like to check is it possible to assign a specifi macro for A, B, C, and D to their respective columns? Second Issue - And as each macro has its own codes, would it b possible for the macro to be so smart that if I click on the column fo A, A macro will run... Please note that the order of the columns will change over time as will sort the values and put the one with the highest value as th first column. Kindly advice me whether the above are possible.....

excell sorting question
does anyone know how to do a sort for how close a list of numbers com to a designated cell with a index number in that cell?? example: a 39 b 40 c 51 d 44 e 43 sort by being the same or the closest to "44" results should be: d 44 e 43 b 40 a 39 c 5 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Twosix, You can add a helper column... In the column next to that one (assume A1:A5) enter =ABS(44-A1) and drag down to fill the series. Select both columns and choose Data -> Sort and sort according to the helper column. Dan E "twosix >" <<twosix...

MultiCurrency Question
Hi: I am in a situation where a canadian based company whose Products and Product List is in Canadian Dollars wants to create a Quote in US dollars. It seems that we cannot add the products with Canadian Dollars Currency in a USD Price List when we are using a Percent method of pricing. If that is the case, how can it be handled? I cannot create 2 sets of the same Product because the exchange rate is not fixed. Typically, CRM should be calculating the currency in USD using the exchange rate that's provided, but CRM simply is refusing to allow me to add a product with a different c...

Question about modal userform.....
My userform has various controls which allow the user to enter data. (i.e textboxes, calendar control, etc...). I load the userform as follows: Userform1.Show ' ' Code here runs after userform is closed! ' My question is....will the Visual Basic stop and wait at the "Userform1.Show" line until the user is done entering data and they close it out??? I'm just worried that the form is loaded and that VBA continues exiting the code below the "userform1.show" line. thankx No, you are okay, the code flow is passed to the code in the fo...

Extract the month name from a month
Hi there, I have a month column with just a number like 1 , 7 etc. I'd like to see Jan instead of 1 and Jul instead of 7. Is there a formula for function for this. There is only one number in a column at one time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tx Grd Hi, With numbers (1 - 12) in column A us this and drag down =DATE(2010,A1,1) Format these cells with a custom format of mmm -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. &qu...

Question about win32 exe format.
Is there a method or class/construct in MFC which can give me information about an Win32 exe file? I've done *some* reading and have learned *some* stuff, like determining if a file IS a Win32 exe, but I was wondering about all the other stuff that you get when you right click on an exe and select 'properties' such as 'Description', 'Copyright', 'Comments' etc. If nothing in MFC, can someone provide a link/article/resource where I might learn such info? Paul The values you are referring to have nothing to do with knowing how to read the executable. Y...

Average Question Again
I am trying to average a column of numbers on Control Group 1 say I1 t I300. Some cells are empty. I am using sheet 1 to do my averaging. Fo what ever reason I keep getting error messages. I am not sure why i won't calculate. Formating is set to number. I have tried severa suggestions from a previous post. I am open to any and all suggestions. Please Help ASAP!!!! Thank You In Advance Mik -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http:/...

Advanced month deposit should be shown in the statement after PTR
Posting for Kenny Wu Of Professional Advantage PTY LTD. Details: After running PTR on a given cut-off date (e.g. 8/31/2007). Transaction's Apply date field like 9/31/2007 should still be shown in the RM statement eventhough you have posted them on or before the PTR's cut-off date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-...

subtotal for due bills of current month
Is it possible to have a total for the bills due in the current month with money 2006 deluxe? Thanks is advance. Gip ...

Sum by month and year
I am trying to get daily totals sumed and put into a monthly worksheet. I have been using SUMIF comparing the month and year of each payment. Here is the formula. =SUMIF(MONTH(Payments!b7:b3000)&YEAR(Payments!b7:b3000), MONTH(B39)&YEAR(B39),Payments!F7:F3000) Excel is saying there is an error but when I look art the edit formula area is seems to calculating correctly. Can you help me? Steve You can use sumproduct without the CSE =sumproduct((month(dr)=month(b39))*year(dr)=year(b39))*sumrng) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Steven Robilard" <stev...

Sales Process Question 08-02-06
Is it possible to create a sales process based where stage progression is based on a field value - for example a pick list rather than the status of an activity? I want to create a pick list with sales stages and have a process evaluate the picklist value before progressing to the next stage. ...

Anyway to Combine Customer Deposits
Using Money 2006 Small Business, how can I combine customer deposits? ie, in my company receivables section there’s an option to “Receive payment for Invoice” but you can only group together payments for the same customer. If I receive payment for $500 from one customer and $400 from another how can my total deposit equal $900? I'm not speaking from experience (I haven't tried this yet) but I have been researching this a bit, and think I've figured out how to get around some of MMSB shortcomings. First off (as discussed in the Money 2005 thread) when you receive a payme...

Set up a Certificate of Deposit / Forex account
What is the best way to set up a CD in Money? -as an investment (in an investment account) with the interest "reinvested" each month? -as an investment account using only the cash portion and adding "interest" each month? -as a "savings account" under "banking"? Also, how should a forex account be set up? Thank you for any help you can provide I have set up CD's as either investments within an investment account or as individual savings accounts. It all has depended upon how the FI treats them. When I did not have anything but manual entry...

Questions on Document/View architecture
Hi, I've gone over several books that I bought off-shelf on MFC. But even now, I can't understand what the document is used for. The most confusing element is OnOpenDocument and serialize For onopendocument, the book indicates that you can initialize array elements and other stuff. However, what happens when I want to load stuff from disk amd initialize it on Onopendocument, I guess it is coming from the serialise method. But I did not find a place you can find the file's name.... Please help. Jack Jack wrote: > Hi, > I've gone over several books that I bought o...

Excel question...
I've got a monthly report that I have to run, based off of data coming from a Unix server via Simba Serv. Once I have the data, I've got formulas I run-one column plus or divided by another column equals data I enter in a new column & so-on. My question is can I automate this & if so, how? Macros? VB Script? Looking for a nudge in the right direction. Thanks in advance- Hi the best way may be to start with recording a macro whilde doing this manually (goto 'Tools - Macros - Record macro). After this have a look at the created code and clean it up. A good starting point ...

POST A QUESTION
Formula is in cell A3 which is =A1+A2. If I don't put any numbers in A1 or A2 cell A3 displays #value! Is there a way to not have the #value! show in cell A3? Hi, if you are doing a sum shouldn't give you that result anyway you can use =if(A1="",A2,if(A2="",A1,A1+A2)) "dwolf" wrote: > Formula is in cell A3 which is =A1+A2. If I don't put any numbers in A1 or A2 > cell A3 displays #value! Is there a way to not have the #value! show in cell > A3? Check to see if A1 or A2 is formatted as something other than a number, o...