Trouble Restoring Backup of Money 2002 to 2004

Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit.  My HD 
crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk.  But now I 
can't restore my old data that goes back years.  When I double click on the 
old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert for a few 
seconds.  Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase the floopy 
can't be read for some reason.  Am I screwed?  Your thoughts are valued!

Bob 


0
9/7/2004 5:53:08 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

7 Replies
433 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 45

Can you copy the backup floppy to your hard disk? Try that and then try 
restoring from there.

-- 
Regards
Bob Peel,
Microsoft MVP - Money

For UK tips & fixes see 
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
For wishes or suggestions see 
http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"Bob Guzman" <bguzman007@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message 
news:e4EZz7JlEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit.  My HD 
> crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk.  But now I 
> can't restore my old data that goes back years.  When I double click on 
> the old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert for a 
> few seconds.  Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase the 
> floopy can't be read for some reason.  Am I screwed?  Your thoughts are 
> valued!
>
> Bob
> 


0
SPAM5796 (251)
9/7/2004 6:56:30 AM
Nope, when I try it says the floppy is corrupt.  What a coincidence that the
HD and floppy would fail at the same time!  I would take it to work but my
new computer at work (Dell) has no floppy drive!  BTW my floppy Money backup
spanned two disks, i.e. it was over 1.44 MB.  An extra wrinkle.  Thanks for
your help.

"Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_PeelNO SPAM@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:%23wvsXfKlEHA.2820@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Can you copy the backup floppy to your hard disk? Try that and then try
> restoring from there.
>
> -- 
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> For wishes or suggestions see
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>
> "Bob Guzman" <bguzman007@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:e4EZz7JlEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit.  My
HD
> > crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk.  But now
I
> > can't restore my old data that goes back years.  When I double click on
> > the old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert for a
> > few seconds.  Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase the
> > floopy can't be read for some reason.  Am I screwed?  Your thoughts are
> > valued!
> >
> > Bob
> >
>
>


0
9/7/2004 5:38:16 PM
Ouch!!

Do you still have the Money version that you used to create the .mny file? 
Might be worth installing that and seeing if it is less picky than M2004.

BTW when M2004 started converting it should have made a backup labelled 
*.mxx. Copy this again (and again) and rename to *.mny and load that into 
the original version of Money. If that works make a backup or 6 to your hard 
disk ;-)) Then try a salvage on the *.mny file and see what happens. Then 
try feeding the repaired/salvaged file into M2004.

-- 
Regards
Bob Peel,
Microsoft MVP - Money

For UK tips & fixes see 
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
For wishes or suggestions see 
http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"Bob Guzman" <bob.guzman@ga.com> wrote in message 
news:uUnH3FQlEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Nope, when I try it says the floppy is corrupt.  What a coincidence that 
> the
> HD and floppy would fail at the same time!  I would take it to work but my
> new computer at work (Dell) has no floppy drive!  BTW my floppy Money 
> backup
> spanned two disks, i.e. it was over 1.44 MB.  An extra wrinkle.  Thanks 
> for
> your help.
>
> "Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_PeelNO SPAM@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:%23wvsXfKlEHA.2820@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Can you copy the backup floppy to your hard disk? Try that and then try
>> restoring from there.
>>
>> -- 
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For UK tips & fixes see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>> For wishes or suggestions see
>> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>>
>> "Bob Guzman" <bguzman007@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> news:e4EZz7JlEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> > Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit.  My
> HD
>> > crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk.  But now
> I
>> > can't restore my old data that goes back years.  When I double click on
>> > the old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert for a
>> > few seconds.  Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase the
>> > floopy can't be read for some reason.  Am I screwed?  Your thoughts are
>> > valued!
>> >
>> > Bob
>> >
>>
>>
>
> 


0
SPAM5796 (251)
9/8/2004 4:46:10 PM
If I install M2002 on the same computer as M2004, will that cause problems?
Should I install M2002 an a machine w/out M2004?  What do you think?


"Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_PeelNO SPAM@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:%23eEsbNclEHA.3816@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Ouch!!
>
> Do you still have the Money version that you used to create the .mny file?
> Might be worth installing that and seeing if it is less picky than M2004.
>
> BTW when M2004 started converting it should have made a backup labelled
> *.mxx. Copy this again (and again) and rename to *.mny and load that into
> the original version of Money. If that works make a backup or 6 to your
hard
> disk ;-)) Then try a salvage on the *.mny file and see what happens. Then
> try feeding the repaired/salvaged file into M2004.
>
> -- 
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> For wishes or suggestions see
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>
> "Bob Guzman" <bob.guzman@ga.com> wrote in message
> news:uUnH3FQlEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > Nope, when I try it says the floppy is corrupt.  What a coincidence that
> > the
> > HD and floppy would fail at the same time!  I would take it to work but
my
> > new computer at work (Dell) has no floppy drive!  BTW my floppy Money
> > backup
> > spanned two disks, i.e. it was over 1.44 MB.  An extra wrinkle.  Thanks
> > for
> > your help.
> >
> > "Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_PeelNO SPAM@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message
> > news:%23wvsXfKlEHA.2820@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> Can you copy the backup floppy to your hard disk? Try that and then try
> >> restoring from there.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Regards
> >> Bob Peel,
> >> Microsoft MVP - Money
> >>
> >> For UK tips & fixes see
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> >> For wishes or suggestions see
> >> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> >> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
> >>
> >> "Bob Guzman" <bguzman007@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> >> news:e4EZz7JlEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> > Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit.
My
> > HD
> >> > crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk.  But
now
> > I
> >> > can't restore my old data that goes back years.  When I double click
on
> >> > the old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert for
a
> >> > few seconds.  Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase the
> >> > floopy can't be read for some reason.  Am I screwed?  Your thoughts
are
> >> > valued!
> >> >
> >> > Bob
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>


0
9/8/2004 11:24:48 PM
If you have a spare PC that would be a good idea or uninstall M2004 from the 
original PC.

-- 
Regards
Bob Peel,
Microsoft MVP - Money

For UK tips & fixes see 
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
For wishes or suggestions see 
http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"Bob Guzman" <bob.guzman@ga.com> wrote in message 
news:%23w%23eLsflEHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> If I install M2002 on the same computer as M2004, will that cause 
> problems?
> Should I install M2002 an a machine w/out M2004?  What do you think?
>
>
> "Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_PeelNO SPAM@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:%23eEsbNclEHA.3816@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Ouch!!
>>
>> Do you still have the Money version that you used to create the .mny 
>> file?
>> Might be worth installing that and seeing if it is less picky than M2004.
>>
>> BTW when M2004 started converting it should have made a backup labelled
>> *.mxx. Copy this again (and again) and rename to *.mny and load that into
>> the original version of Money. If that works make a backup or 6 to your
> hard
>> disk ;-)) Then try a salvage on the *.mny file and see what happens. Then
>> try feeding the repaired/salvaged file into M2004.
>>
>> -- 
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For UK tips & fixes see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>> For wishes or suggestions see
>> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>>
>> "Bob Guzman" <bob.guzman@ga.com> wrote in message
>> news:uUnH3FQlEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> > Nope, when I try it says the floppy is corrupt.  What a coincidence 
>> > that
>> > the
>> > HD and floppy would fail at the same time!  I would take it to work but
> my
>> > new computer at work (Dell) has no floppy drive!  BTW my floppy Money
>> > backup
>> > spanned two disks, i.e. it was over 1.44 MB.  An extra wrinkle.  Thanks
>> > for
>> > your help.
>> >
>> > "Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_PeelNO SPAM@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
> message
>> > news:%23wvsXfKlEHA.2820@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> >> Can you copy the backup floppy to your hard disk? Try that and then 
>> >> try
>> >> restoring from there.
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Regards
>> >> Bob Peel,
>> >> Microsoft MVP - Money
>> >>
>> >> For UK tips & fixes see
>> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>> >> For wishes or suggestions see
>> >> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>> >> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>> >>
>> >> "Bob Guzman" <bguzman007@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> >> news:e4EZz7JlEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> >> > Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit.
> My
>> > HD
>> >> > crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk.  But
> now
>> > I
>> >> > can't restore my old data that goes back years.  When I double click
> on
>> >> > the old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert 
>> >> > for
> a
>> >> > few seconds.  Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase the
>> >> > floopy can't be read for some reason.  Am I screwed?  Your thoughts
> are
>> >> > valued!
>> >> >
>> >> > Bob
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
> 


0
SPAM5796 (251)
9/9/2004 6:51:31 AM
Thanks a lot.  Looks good so far, I was able to bring back my old backup 
file now I need to merge my old with my new money file.  Any way to merge 
two money files??

That is a head scratcher...
"Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_PeelNO SPAM@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:%2304g0ljlEHA.3896@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> If you have a spare PC that would be a good idea or uninstall M2004 from 
> the original PC.
>
> -- 
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see 
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> For wishes or suggestions see 
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>
> "Bob Guzman" <bob.guzman@ga.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23w%23eLsflEHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> If I install M2002 on the same computer as M2004, will that cause 
>> problems?
>> Should I install M2002 an a machine w/out M2004?  What do you think?
>>
>>
>> "Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_PeelNO SPAM@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in 
>> message
>> news:%23eEsbNclEHA.3816@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>> Ouch!!
>>>
>>> Do you still have the Money version that you used to create the .mny 
>>> file?
>>> Might be worth installing that and seeing if it is less picky than 
>>> M2004.
>>>
>>> BTW when M2004 started converting it should have made a backup labelled
>>> *.mxx. Copy this again (and again) and rename to *.mny and load that 
>>> into
>>> the original version of Money. If that works make a backup or 6 to your
>> hard
>>> disk ;-)) Then try a salvage on the *.mny file and see what happens. 
>>> Then
>>> try feeding the repaired/salvaged file into M2004.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Regards
>>> Bob Peel,
>>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>>
>>> For UK tips & fixes see
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>> For wishes or suggestions see
>>> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>>> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>>>
>>> "Bob Guzman" <bob.guzman@ga.com> wrote in message
>>> news:uUnH3FQlEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>> > Nope, when I try it says the floppy is corrupt.  What a coincidence 
>>> > that
>>> > the
>>> > HD and floppy would fail at the same time!  I would take it to work 
>>> > but
>> my
>>> > new computer at work (Dell) has no floppy drive!  BTW my floppy Money
>>> > backup
>>> > spanned two disks, i.e. it was over 1.44 MB.  An extra wrinkle. 
>>> > Thanks
>>> > for
>>> > your help.
>>> >
>>> > "Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_PeelNO SPAM@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
>> message
>>> > news:%23wvsXfKlEHA.2820@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>> >> Can you copy the backup floppy to your hard disk? Try that and then 
>>> >> try
>>> >> restoring from there.
>>> >>
>>> >> -- 
>>> >> Regards
>>> >> Bob Peel,
>>> >> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>> >>
>>> >> For UK tips & fixes see
>>> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>> >> For wishes or suggestions see
>>> >> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>>> >> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>>> >>
>>> >> "Bob Guzman" <bguzman007@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>> >> news:e4EZz7JlEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> >> > Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit.
>> My
>>> > HD
>>> >> > crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk.  But
>> now
>>> > I
>>> >> > can't restore my old data that goes back years.  When I double 
>>> >> > click
>> on
>>> >> > the old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert 
>>> >> > for
>> a
>>> >> > few seconds.  Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase 
>>> >> > the
>>> >> > floopy can't be read for some reason.  Am I screwed?  Your thoughts
>> are
>>> >> > valued!
>>> >> >
>>> >> > Bob
>>> >> >
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >
>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
9/17/2004 4:13:31 AM
See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=90.

"Bob Guzman" <bguzman007@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message 
news:ubagvyGnEHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Thanks a lot.  Looks good so far, I was able to bring back my old backup 
> file now I need to merge my old with my new money file.  Any way to merge 
> two money files??
>
> That is a head scratcher... 


0
9/17/2004 12:26:51 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Backup & restore
I want to backup outlook 2002. I am unable to locate the .pst file. I am using windows xp. Pls advise. And where can I locate bookmark file for backup? Thanks The default location of your pst is: C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Note: Substitute ***** with your own username profile. You may also have to set your folder options to SHOW HIDDEN FOLDERS AND FILES because the LOCAL SETTINGS folder is hidden. The file you want is OUTLOOK.PST >-----Original Message----- >I want to backup outlook 2002. I am unable to locate >the ...

Update MSN Services with Money 2007
How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 Deluxe version ??? Thank you. Bye. Paolo B. Italy In microsoft.public.money, Paolo B. wrote: >How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 >Deluxe version ??? Transactions that you enter yourself into Microsoft Money 2007 would not be forwarded out to MSN Money. This keeps that info on your own computer. For institutions with their own OFX servers, you would have to set up those accounts to download into MSN Money also. Accounts where the data comes in via "third party" ...

2004 trial, how do I get rid of it?
My trial is over, and I want my Money 2002 back. Does anyone know how I can do that? The easiest way is to use control panel->add/remove programs to remove the 2004 trial pieces (there are two programs to uninstall). Then reinstall 2002 and use the backup file created when you first installed Money 2004 - it'll be named something like My Money.M10. Any transactions entered in the trial which you want to keep will need to be re-entered into the 2002 version, as you can't downgrade a file from 2004 to 2002. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.co...

Money 2005 Crash and Unusable Myisam05.dll
My Money Deluxe 2005 cannot open my file, nor can it open any of the 3 backups. The crash references "Myisam05.dll." I read the KB and the one post I found here, but I do not use investment toolbox. I cannot get to MS support, because I cannot even open Money for more than a few seconds before it crashes. I did try the Money 2006 Trial and it was able to open the file without an issue. However, I cannot figure out why 2005 no longer works. One other observationis that the current files have balooned in size, whereas the old, outdated backups and new 2006 backup are simil...

Upgrading
I want to upgrade from Microsoft Money Financial Suite OEM Edition Version 11.0 to latest version but on trying to open the money file in Microsoft Money 2007 I get the following error message: File was created by an incompatible version Question 1: As the old version was pre-loaded into the Computer when I bought it in India, I don't know which country US/Canada/UK/Australia this software belongs to. So how can I confirm which country is it for? Question 2: And, how can I upgrade it to a version of Money from US or UK. -- Kapil ...

Restore Mailboxe
Hi to all is there any way to restore from database a mailbox in exchange2003 that was deleted ? thanks Assuming you have backups look at the recovery storage groups http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ue2k3rsg.mspx simon "Microsoft" <essam@bk.co.il> wrote in message news:OQOsck1mGHA.4216@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi to all > > is there any way to restore from database a mailbox in exchange2003 that > was deleted ? > > > thanks > ...

Can't open Money 2002
Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. When I tried to open it, a window popped up (maybe showing a registry or something) for about 1 second, then... nothing. I even did a reinstall and at the end of the installation when Money is supposed to open, the same weird window popped up and then again... nothing. I have Norton antivirus with automatic updates. All other programs seem to be working fine. Any suggestions from all you experts out there? Thanks. Byron In microsoft.public.money, Byron wrote: >Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. >When ...

Error 1606 Money Service Pack 2002
I have tried all of the suggested fixes that I've seen on these boards for the error 1606. I now have no money program, I can not reinstall the money program and the error still pops up in my Turbo Tax and it is driving me crazy! I can not delete the service pack from the add or remove programs applet. I would very much like to finish the taxes before the 15Th. Does someone know what is going on? I've deleted registry keys, done clean boots, tried to eliminate every vestige of the program that can be found yet, when I try to reinstall from the disk, I'm stymied by Error...

Outlook 2002 Address Book #2
New entries do not appear in address book contents list. Thought it might be a space problem, but have deleted all extraneous data (i.e. deleted items. However, when I try to re-enter the contact, Outlook asks if I wish to replace the earlier entry for the same contact. Any ideas? Explain more accurately what you mean. Where are entries not appearing that you expect them to? Are you selecting the correct Contacts Folder from the "Show names from..." dropdown? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lulu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88020...

Backup Money 2007 to DVD
I can backup Money 2007 H&B via CD using C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\MY Money Backup but I want to backup with DVD. How do I do this?????? When exited from Money, use your favorite burning software and burn a DVD from the file? "Chris109" <Chris109@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64AEF5D0-105A-4392-BA6D-369A7F31FEF8@microsoft.com... >I can backup Money 2007 H&B via CD using C:\Documents and > Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\MY > Money > Backup...

Converting Money 2000 Canadian to Money 2006 Canadian
Hi, Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don't want to drop the money on it to find out it doesn't work. Thanks in advance, In microsoft.public.money, smurfgun wrote: > >Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to >convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 >Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don'...

I need help restoring Public Folders
Hi I've been having issues getting Public Folder replication going between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. Prior to doing any work I performed a Backup using Veritas Backup Exec and this completed and verified correctly. I screwed things up and managed to delete some of the public folders on my original server. I'm not 100% sure what I did but it is a mess and the only backup I have is the Exchange backup I created before doing any work. The public folders contain a number of Contact Lists and a very important Event Calendar. I have restored the public folders but when the restore c...

2002
PS Ive used the tools menu, send/receive all and that doesnt work either anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > PS Ive used the tools menu, send/receive all and that > doesnt work either What message was this supposed to amend? -- Brian Tillman ...

Online Restore using NT Backup has no edb.chk or edb.log files
I have a single site with four servers running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a. I am using an internal 35/70 Compaq DLT. When I back up two servers at the same time using online method, I am missing the edb.log and and edb.chk files when trying to restore the db's. Is there a known issue for this? Thanks, Jim When you make online backup, you are backing up the database content perse, the logs files will be skipped because ntbackup cannot back up open files. I recomend you to adquire a third party backup software with open files and exchange database options, like Veritas to ensu...

Personal Folder Error when opening Outook 2002
When opening Outlook 2002, I receive the message that the Personal folder was not closed properly and needs to be checked. I allow the check to run, and all is fine. But this error message reappears after I close and reopen Outlook. Please Reply. thanks. ...

unicode format files for Outlook 2002
I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? thanks, Huck No OL 2003 & 2007 only "Huck Rorick" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:epYUYAl4IHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). >I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can >unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? > > than...

Help-- Having trouble opening Word & Entourage
I have to keep restarting my computer to be able to open Word or Entourage. The icons just bounce a little but won't open. I was getting a request from Entourage to rebuild the database which I did about 6 or 7 times. I got another warning which I ignored. I am on a MacBook Pro (Intel based). I am using office 2004. My Entourage database is 3.2 gb. I ran Disk Utilities a couple of times. I also had a problem a couple of times with FileMaker Pro but not sure if related. Thanks Christina On 22/8/06 20:01, in article 1156273266.788654.318170@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "...

Error while backup SystemState via DPM 2010
Hi.. we backup the SystemState of our Server via DPM 2010. Since we're upgrade from DPM 2007 RTM to DPM 2010RC (now we use DPM 2010 RTM) on the Server DPM is hosted a eventlog error occured every day after the backup is finished: Source: FilterManager, Event ID: 3 "Filter Manager failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume....'. This volume will be unavailable for filtering until a reboot. The final status was 0xc03a001c." Server Version: Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 any ideas? Alex ...

ebay - ereseller stook my money
a terrible thing happenned to me on ebay. i am a disabled woman in and eresellers took my money and never sent my washer. his email address is david@tropivision.com. anything that you can do to help would be nice. ebay is doing nothing. i can give a reward This group is for discussing the Microsoft Money computer program. Does it really sound like an eBay buyer complaint forum? Do a google search on ebay and you will find a couple of groups, one of which may reply to your problem. That ebay seller has been selling on ebay for over 5 years. arthur -- On 1 Jun 2004 13:50:08 -0700, (An...

Toolbars Created in Excel 2002 not available in 2003
I have not been able to get a toolbar created in Excell 2002 to be visible in Excel 2003. I have copied the excel10.xlb file to the appropriate location. I have attemped to follow Help instructions (IE> open .xlb file). I have even attempted to simply rename the Excel10.xlb file to Excel11.xlb. In any scenario, it does not appear upon opening Excel, nor is it listed as an option to activate(make it visible) from the list of toolbars. I appreciate any suggestions. ----VBA Fun Open excel 2003. Tools|customize|and create a new toolbar close excel windows start button|search look ...

Cannot install Money Plus
I have Money 2002 and uninstalled it. Wanted to upgrade to a new version of Money. Tried to install Money Plus Deluxe (trial version) and keep getting error Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money. Try installing Money again. Its HP M9300t Vista Home Premium system. I tried the software on my XP computer and it work fine. So there must be a problem with Vista. Any help would be appreciated. I am having the same problem, but mine is in XP. I need a resolution quickly, because having had to uninstall Money 2003, I am now left without any checkbook regist...

Backup a users mailbox in Exchange 2003
We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? -- Chuck On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:36:02 -0800, chb12 <chb12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a >copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? Exmerge is always a good option. What I normally do is open their mailbox on my outlook, then create a PST (name it the users name). Once the PST is created I copy the contents of their mailbox into the PST. From there you ...

Re: Money class and Fixed Decimal Class in C++
I am rewriting code that utilized Rogue Wave Money class and their fixed double class. Where can a find code to use for this. I assume that there are millions of applications written that have required rounding of numbers to represent currency. Thanks for your assistance That's a pretty vague question. Lacking any specifications of the classes involved, figuring out how to reimplement them is problematic. I first learned how to do this in 1965. It is old technology. Just figure out where you want the trucation and keep the value in those units, e.g., cents, millicents, etc. The...

Office 2004 and Languages
I had the office test drive in my new PowerBook that runned in Spanish. Then I've bought the full version and installed it in my computer but launches the app in English. Then I explored the office folder in both the testdrive and the full version and found out that there is a plugin (Microsoft Component Plugin) that tells office to run in a specific language. However, as this plugin also seems to contain the testdrive expiration date, once the Office program launches, it closes again. Does some body knows how I can activate other languages in Office, as it is clear that contains all the...

Money 2003 wants to install again
I upgraded from Money 2000 to Money 2003 online. I wanted to get rid of all the works files so I used the Works 2000 cleanup tool. Now, whenever ANY window opens, it's preceded by Money 2003 wanting to install. And the knowledge base give a link to the money store and it asks for the product activation key. To add insult to injury, I called on 8/2/04@ 5:00 PM ET and recording said they were closed, even tho' the hours are until 10:00 PM> Sheesh!!! What next? Any one have any suggestions to stop the install? ...