Trouble getting Bill Pay to work with Money 2005

I upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium
this evening.  I had Bill Pay working in the 2004 version.

I went to enable the "Access your Money data on the Web"
option in Settings.  It said that I had to disable Bill
Pay first before it would continue and that it would
enable Bill Pay again once the process was complete.
Unfortunately, now I can't get Bill Pay enabled again.  I
can go to the Bills screen and see my scheduled bills,
but I can't do ePay through Bill Pay in Money anymore.

When I go to Manage Online Services, I see my bank
accounts that are enabled for direct banking.  I also see
MSN Bill Pay listed under Bill Payment Provider.  On that
same Bill Pay line, there is nothing listed under Payment
Accounts, and under To Do it says "Set up online
services".  Now if I click that, I am taken to the MSN
Bill Pay site where it asks me to enter my PIN.  I do so,
and I'm logged into the Bill Pay website with no further
instructions.  I went to Settings and clicked on
Microsoft Money where it says to click to integrate with
Money.  I am then asked to enter a temporary password.
Above that it says that once I enter the temporary
password, that Money will ask me for that password when I
am returned to Money.  I enter the temporary password and
am taken to the scheduled payments (Bills) screen in
Money.  I'm not asked for any passwords and I'm in the
same boat I was before that big circle.

Does anyone know what I need to do to correct this?  I
really need to be able to monitor and pay my bills from
within Money.  It's funny how dependant I have become of
this feature.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike
0
anonymous (74722)
9/17/2004 5:29:38 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Mike,

I can imagine your frustration.  Unfortunately you're on the cutting
edge and I suspect we'll be looking to you for pointers in the very
near future.  Meanwhile, one possibility is that it was just a case of
bad timing as a later post has indicated MSN Bill Pay was down (no
doubt fine tuning for the nonsense you experienced).  See below and
best of luck to you (let us know how you make out)...

Regards,
JB

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<2ad901c49c77$5376ea80$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> I upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium
> this evening.  I had Bill Pay working in the 2004 version.
>
> I went to enable the "Access your Money data on the Web"
> option in Settings.  It said that I had to disable Bill
> Pay first before it would continue and that it would
> enable Bill Pay again once the process was complete.
> Unfortunately, now I can't get Bill Pay enabled again.  I
> can go to the Bills screen and see my scheduled bills,
> but I can't do ePay through Bill Pay in Money anymore.
>
> When I go to Manage Online Services, I see my bank
> accounts that are enabled for direct banking.  I also see
> MSN Bill Pay listed under Bill Payment Provider.  On that
> same Bill Pay line, there is nothing listed under Payment
> Accounts, and under To Do it says "Set up online
> services".  Now if I click that, I am taken to the MSN
> Bill Pay site where it asks me to enter my PIN.  I do so,
> and I'm logged into the Bill Pay website with no further
> instructions.  I went to Settings and clicked on
> Microsoft Money where it says to click to integrate with
> Money.  I am then asked to enter a temporary password.
> Above that it says that once I enter the temporary
> password, that Money will ask me for that password when I
> am returned to Money.  I enter the temporary password and
> am taken to the scheduled payments (Bills) screen in
> Money.  I'm not asked for any passwords and I'm in the
> same boat I was before that big circle.
>
> Does anyone know what I need to do to correct this?  I
> really need to be able to monitor and pay my bills from
> within Money.  It's funny how dependant I have become of
> this feature.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> -Mike
0
johnbusc (409)
9/17/2004 8:55:42 PM
Thanks JB.  I was on the phone with Microsoft Support
with someone in India for about an hour just now and they
were unable to resolve the issues.  They said that they
are going to research the issue and call me back tomorrow.

He did say that they were having some issues with Money
2005 synchronizing with MSN Money which was being worked
on.  I have no ETA on when that will be fixed.  I'll be
sure to post an update here once I hear back from them
tomorrow.

-Mike

0
anonymous (74722)
9/18/2004 12:00:46 AM
Mike,

Just to let you know, I am having the EXACT same
problem.  I was lucky enough to have a recent backup file
to retore and have MSN BillPay active again.

Along with this problem, I am also unable to set up
online ervices for new accounts.  Everytime I attempt to
set up a new account to use online services it tells me
that I need to disable MSN BillPay, etc.. etc.. and won't
allow me to just setup the service.

I guess that's what we get for being MS beta testers.
Someday they might realize that fixing bugs in programs
is more important than adding features.. we can only
hope...

0
anonymous (74722)
9/18/2004 9:14:40 PM
I worked on this problem all day yesterday.  I did find
the key. When you leave MSN Bill pay and are back in Money
2005. go to manage passwords and put in your temp.
password in for MSN Bill pay. then click Advanced and it
will ask you to change your password.  Then it should
work.  On setting up Online services, I found out that
there is a file missing something to do with FI partners.
I'm hoping that MS does an update to add the missing files
in the right directories.

I hope this helps.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/20/2004 1:25:09 PM
I'm not quite sure where that manage passwords option
is.  I don't see it anywhere in the Bills screen.  Thanks
a lot for your help!

0
anonymous (74722)
9/21/2004 6:19:32 AM
File -> Manage Passwords

> I'm not quite sure where that manage passwords option
> is.  I don't see it anywhere in the Bills screen.  Thanks
> a lot for your help!

0
johnbusc (409)
9/21/2004 4:44:57 PM
Jack,

Your response is the Shizzle~!!!  :)  Now I finally have a working
product!!!!!  Geez, why did it take two months to get here--step by
excruciating step!

Chris

"Jack" wrote:

> I worked on this problem all day yesterday.  I did find
> the key. When you leave MSN Bill pay and are back in Money
> 2005. go to manage passwords and put in your temp.
> password in for MSN Bill pay. then click Advanced and it
> will ask you to change your password.  Then it should
> work.  On setting up Online services, I found out that
> there is a file missing something to do with FI partners.
> I'm hoping that MS does an update to add the missing files
> in the right directories.
>
> I hope this helps.

0
cbm_flyer (2)

Junk Mail Filter
Environment: WinXP, Outlook 2003, both SP2/fully patched. Symptom: Some messages are incorrectly identified as Junk, even after both the Sender and the Sender's Domain have been added to the Safe Sender's list. This is verified by reviewing the Safe Senders list. The entries are not on the Blocked Senders list. One is an English language message from Germany. The ..DE domain is permitted, and confirmed on the International tab of Junk E-mail options. The protection level option is set to, Low. One of the messages is a Microsoft newsletter... Questions: 1. Why? 2. What...

get paid now!!!
when you subscribe you'll be rewarded 10$$$ Check it now,don't wait!!!!!!! http://e-mailpaysu.com/members/index.cgi?andrusko ...

Money 2007 fails additional update
I am trying to use Money 2007 Premium on my new computer (Windows XP SP2) and it installs fine, but when I start Money it notifies me that an additional update is required. It looks like it downloads the files properly but fails the add'l install. I have tried the following: uninstall and install again turn off all virus protection (Panda) firewalls, etc. download directly from the web None of these have helped. I saw one article on this problem that said to remove a Core File, but I can not find it on my computer. Please help. -- Josie In microsoft.public.money, Josie wrote...

how do i get font style back on toolbar?
new to this...when i started my document the font style was displayed on toolbar...now it is not...what do i do and thanks to those who help!!!!!!1 Melissa, try view, toolbars, and check formatting -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "melissa" <melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:852099EC-03A0-4B0F-91AD-0B9F61CF8C4B@microsoft.com... > new to this...when i started my document the fon...

Get Mallika Sherawath Bathing Videos in all Angles
Get Mallika Sherawath Bathing Videos At http://blogcreationandhosting.blogspot.com/2009/11/1-per-click-in-adsense-programs.html < Due to some issues,I have hidden these videos inside an image.In that website , click on the big vertical Image on right side of website & get the videos, Enjoy it > ...

Can I get my Dialog's background color already? :) Just can't figure it out
I'm trying to get the background color for the basic Dialog created using the Wizard GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOW) isn't working (returns some other color) GetBkColor() for the DC isn't working (returns white) Where can I trap that? The dc->GetBkColor in OnPaint returns a white color I finally did GetSysColor(COLOR_3DFACE) because I noticed they are the same, but that's not really what I want Thank you. "Yasoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FF1E6B-C815-41B0-92FA-846EDC82FBAE@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the ba...

paying purchase orders with credit cards
I think it would be great to have the ability to pay for a purchase order purchase with a credit card upon the entry of the invoice. This would be whether doing a shipment/invoice receipt or enter/match invoices. Without this functionality, the best suggestion I can give a customer is to enter/match the invoice and then enter a manual payment of a credit card type and apply the payment to the invoice. It is a two-step process that could be consolidated into one with the addition of this feature. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the ...

Money 2003
I've set-up mortage loan account connected to hause asset account. I'm downloading bank transactions reports through internet. Beside others there are loan payments. How I can declare those payments aftewards as loan payments regarding specyfic loan account? Could I define split beetwen principal and interest? Dref ...

Money 2005 won't accept my Passport login
My Microsoft Passport is associated with my user name (first@firstlast.com). WHy won't Passport accept this? ...

SHRINK TO FIT doesn't work properly
The subject above says it all: Since switching to Excel 2003, text that USED to be displayed correctly (via the 'shrink to fit' in cell formatting)now doesn't appear to get shrunk at all. Rather, it bleeds over into the next column. Duuno how it got broken, but it would sure be nice if it could be fixed! Did you try re-formatting the selection? Sometimes that will fix the conversion problem. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As a matter of fact, YES, SEVERAL times. This is VERY peculiar behavior. The columns on either side of it are formatted as number...

System Cleanup not working
I have a few 2003 enterprise servers which are all on the same Recipient & Mailbox Policy's. Mail does not move to system cleanup folder which is past msg age limit and mail is not being deleted from Deleted Items folder past msg age limit. I checked out the old msgs that should have moved and they meet the requirements noted in http://support.microsoft.com/?id=302804: • PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME • PR_CLIENT_SUBMIT_TIME • PR_LAST_MODIFICATION_TIME I up'd the logging on server to max and I see no errors. The time between events 1206 & 1207 for "Cleanup of items pa...

Multi touch does not work sometimes
I'm developping the HID KMDF minidriver for USB multi touch device. This driver uses continus reader for sending the multi touch report. This driver works correctly in normal way but when plug and unplug USB with PC repeatly (many times), multi touch does not work. I traced the driver on WinDBG, driver response the IOCTL_HID_READ_REPORT correctly. I should resolve this problem. Please advice me. I think this problem is caused by communicatiion between driver and continous reader. My driver store report id should be read by continuos reader on first 2 IOCTL_HID_READ_REPOR...

CRM Email delivery not working
1. I have CRM 3.0 on an SBS2003 box. 2. I have an account support with an email address of support@mydomain.com 3. I have created a CRM support account with the name techsupport and email of techsupport@mydomain.com I have applied the custom attribute CrmMailEnabled to the Exhange advanced settings, and disabled the user in AD 4. I have created a queue called Email Support with the email address in 3. above. 5. I have run the Exhange Rules Wizard supplied with CRM and chosen the CRM mailbox to be the user/email in 1. above, and run the rule on the Queue created in 4. above. 6. No ma...

Help!!Getting audio files to play continuously during slide show?!
I have Powerpoint 2002, and i am having a hard time getting the music file to play continuously during the slide show. it plays on the first slide (which is the only slide that has the little speaker picture on it), but then it doesn't transition to the next slide until after the song is done, when i want the song to play while the slides are transitioning. HELP please! Mega, Have a look here and see if it helps, there are tuturials in video demonstrating the process. http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "MegaB86" <MegaB86...

2005 only store on moneycentral??!!
I was barely OK with giving money my bank account logins to autoupdate the bank transactions, but did it because its a cool feature and makes it really useful. But after playing around for 2 days I realised that ALL my information, including bank account logins and passwords are being stored online at moneycentral! Yeh, they say everything is protected, blah, blah. But the web is prone to hacking. And the only other option is to turn off ALL the online options (except the ads in money), to wipe the data from moneycentral. Is there a way that I can keep autoupdating my accounts, WITHOU...

Error? Missing banks in Money 2005...
I am missing my bank for downloading in Money 2005 even though it is listed as supported on the Money website. In fact it appears that the list in Money 2005 is about 25% that of what appears on the website. Am I doing something wrong or is Microsoft false advertising their product? Thanks There appear to be a number of missing banks now, but our understanding is that the list will be updated soon. -- "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:414501c49f60$13cb3da0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I am missing my bank for downloading in Money 2005 even &g...

Get Access Data into Excel
Hi All, I am using excel macro to get data from access database. My sql query gives me 5 records or more than that. I am able to pull it different cells. But I want all the 5 results in single cell. Please help im not exactly sure what your trying to do, but maybe something like this will do the trick dim accval as string accval=rs!:XXX rs.movenext accval=accval & " " & rs!:xxx loop it till rs.eof=true hth dmoney "fi.or.jp.de" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using excel macro to get data from access database. >...

queries written inside MS-Access are getting deleted
Some of the queries I have written inside MS-Access are getting deleted automatically. And while I run the queries through code, I get this error 'Query should have one destination field' Explanation: I created a query in MS-access. Ran it from the code. Closed the database. Started it again, and now for that particular query, it is showing 'SELECT ;' only. Strange. I am in panic mode now What can be the possible reason? My first thought is that the database file is corrupt. Unfortunately it's a type of corruption that Compact and Repair probably won...

Please help! Outlook not working at all!
Hi! I have been working with Outlook for years - it was always a great feature - but now it is critical since I have an Ipaq that I need to sync to it. Outlook somehow is no longer working/on my computer. I have tried repeatedly to reinstall - to "fix" - anything with NO luck. I get an icon to click on for Outlook and then it goes directly to personal folders (nothing actually happens). Every other component of Office 2000 is working perfectly. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I am desperado!!!! Have you run "Detect and Repair" from under help in Outl...

Outlook 2002 auto send/receive no longer working
For some reason my pop3 dailup no longer sends/receives automatically when launching outlook, or at timed intervals. Can someone help with suggestions on reseting this feature? XP Pro I'm using. I even did a repair of Office XP and a clean install. Thanks for any help! What are your Send/Receive group settings? Have you checked in the File menu to see if you have set your installation to Work Offline? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "circuit slave" <sh101@earthling.net> wrote in message news:2aee226c.0308230131.2914b6b5@posting.google.com... > For some reason my pop3 ...

Money 2004 corrupts on a restore
I backedup my 2004 database I restored from my 2004 database backup and all the total fields are about $555,729,300,950,923.43. Did i just miscalculate how rich i am, or is that a bug. Ie it appears to have maxed out the totals fields. any ideas on how to solve this? should i reinstall 2004 and then try to restore again? or should i hang out for a SP? John The last thing to ever do on a Money problem is wait for Microsoft to fix it. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q85 and http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. "John Reid" <john.reid@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message...

Money 2004 and Epay
Hello, I am using the free MSN Billpay that came with my Money 2004 Deluxe. Today is Saturday, Nov. 22, 2003. I would like to pay my insurance bill which is due on Dec. 2nd. When I try to pay the bill today through Money, I get a message that says that the earliest it can be paid is 12/01/2003. Is that the date the payment should arrive or the date it will be processed? I'm a little confused. Thanks, ....Will ...

Unable to restore MS Money 2000
My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd. Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate or it might be a read-only attribute." Hoe to i restore? See if you can copy it to the harddrive and restore from there. "Dan" <dan420@optonline.net> wrote in message news:11b3101c383d5$3dcfd810$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd. > Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive > a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate ...

Money 2006 + Canadian bank acct downloading
Does ms money 2006 actually let you download from any canadian banks, or do you have to do the manual import? Quicken let's you download from within the program, I'm sure money must allow this as well, I don't see any canadian banks listed when I got to setup online services...I do have my regional settings set to Canada, and my base currency is set to Canadian. And MS shows that they support my bank TD Canada Trust. I am wondering if that means they just support importing?? Hopefully not. Are you using Standard version of MOney 2006? Only Standard version supports mode...

Running sql server 2000 and/or sql server 2005 on sbs 2003
My ultimate questions will be: Can SQL SErver 2000 and 2005 run on the same ssbs2003 server? and, regardless, Should I/ can I uninstall SQL Server 2005 and go back to SQL Server 2000. Moving from SBS2000 Premium to SBS2003 Premium on a new server. We were using SQL Server 2000 on the old server for a few things: Backup Exec, Prolog (construction mgmnt software), Great Plains (MS financial), etc. During the install, I kind of just followed directions and installed R2, which I guess installed SQL Server 2005. I wasn't really aware of options. Since then I have had a number ...