Treasury Direct email and replies

Did any other acount holders get an email from Treasury Direct asking
to update your email and home addresses and phone number, and then get
a bunch of replies to that email from other recipients?

Someone at Treasury Direct claimed it was a server error.  Still
wondering why "Jane Doe's", "John Smith's" and "Barney Fife's" response
to that email was sent to me.

Lena

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

The new Treasury Direct? Or the Legacy one?

--
Michael Gordon
MVP

"Lena" <lenagainster@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Did any other acount holders get an email from Treasury Direct asking
> to update your email and home addresses and phone number, and then get
> a bunch of replies to that email from other recipients?
>
> Someone at Treasury Direct claimed it was a server error.  Still
> wondering why "Jane Doe's", "John Smith's" and "Barney Fife's" response
> to that email was sent to me.
>
> Lena

0
gordonm (1013)
9/18/2006 9:46:21 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Lena wrote:

>Did any other acount holders get an email from Treasury Direct asking
>to update your email and home addresses and phone number, and then get
>a bunch of replies to that email from other recipients?
>
>Someone at Treasury Direct claimed it was a server error.  Still
>wondering why "Jane Doe's", "John Smith's" and "Barney Fife's" response
>to that email was sent to me.

What caused you to think this was not a "phishing" email?

If you click on links in emails you receive and then enter your
personal data, you should re-think your actions. You should also
consider having your computer checked for "worms".
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/18/2006 10:42:45 PM
Michael Gordon, MVP wrote:
> The new Treasury Direct? Or the Legacy one?

The original email had in the "From" line
<TreasuryDirect.Mailing@bpd.treas.gov>

(TreasuryDirect.Mailing -at-bpd.treas.gov)

Called the number for Legacy Treasury Direct (found that thru 'contact
us') and was told of the server error.

Later got an "apology" email for the mistake.

Not a 'phishing email' , no worms in my computer, a genuine screw-up by
Treasury.

Lena

In microsoft.public.money, Lena wrote:

>The original email had in the "From" line
><TreasuryDirect.Mailing@bpd.treas.gov>

That itself should not make you feel that it is genuine.

>(TreasuryDirect.Mailing -at-bpd.treas.gov)
>
>Called the number for Legacy Treasury Direct (found that thru 'contact
>us') and was told of the server error.

However that does.

>Later got an "apology" email for the mistake.
>
>Not a 'phishing email' , no worms in my computer, a genuine screw-up by
>Treasury.

Good. I am glad this was not a fake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server)
Hi. I don't know whether this is possible or not, but I would like to set up an unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server) on a remote computer. Right now, I have to wait until both the remote users and I are available, log on the remote computer using GoToMyPC, and set up the email accounts. If there was a way to set this up so that Outlook email accounts would be configured automatically the first time the user logs on (or the first time they use Outlook), that would simplify things a bit. If anyone knows how (or if) this can be done and has an example of how to do...

Outlook Email #2
Need help with my emails. I am receiving "double" emails. I get 2 of each email. I have removed all wizard rules. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Email flashes rapidly and pc locks up
MS Office Professional, Outlook 2002 SP3 - Occasionally when I try to forward or copy a received email, the body of the email flashes continuously and the pc locks up. I must use task manager to end the process. Why does this happen/how to fix? ...

Deleting infected emails
I have Norton AV 2002 set up to delete infected emails ariving in Outlook. Normally it delets them just fine but for some reason every now and then it pops up a message to say that it can't delete an email message and that "this email it's still infected". I can delete the message manually so what stops Norton doing the same? ...

Email reply from Outlook
Hi, If user A sends email to User B by using CRM web client, user B will get the email in his/her outlook client (not SFO). Then user B replies the email using outlook client. Will the replied email be recorded on CRM as activity? As my understanding, if the email is still attached with GUID, it should be recorded on CRM. Am i correct?? If not, what should i do if i want to track all the email activities? Thanks Carrie if the emailconnector is tied to your exchange-server incoming mails will be triggered and in case of a valid GUID attached to the proper crm objects otherwise your ...

Meeting requests arriving as emails
Since January, all meeting requests I've received arrive as emails, all starting as "BEGIN:VCALENDAR METHOD:REQUEST"... Outlook is not recognizing the email as a meeting request. The meeting organizer is sending from Outlook 2003 and I am using Outlook 2007. Again, this configuration used to work just fine, but for some reason now it does not. Is there a setting that may have been inadvertantly changed on my computer or some patch I need to install? Thank you, Don B. The problem could be with the sender's computer, either mail server, or your antiv...

Synchronization of email accounts...how do you stop the download?
How do you stop the auto-downloading of inbox messages from the default (earthlink) accounts. This happens every time I open Windows Mail. Tools, Options, and on the General tab uncheck "Send and Receive messages at startup". Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "leebc" wrote in message news:AA6E4253-10B1-4A7C-88BE-8E5AB210C19D@microsoft.com... How do you stop the auto-downloading of inbox messages from the default (earthlink) accounts. This happens every time I open Windows Mail. ...

Blocking outgoing email?
This one is a bit of mystery to me... When User A sends an email to User B, it just vanishes. User B never receives it, and User A doesn't get it bounced back. If I set up User A's email account on a different computer, it works fine. This makes me think that it's something specific to User A's computer, rather than to her email account. User A is running Outlook 2002 and can send emails to everybody else fine and can RECEIVE emails from User B fine. The only thing I can think is that User A's computer/Outlook is somehow blocking her sending emails to User B ...

How do I read saved email from Outlook Express
I saved my emails and address book with Outlook Express before getting a new computer with Outlook 2003. Outlook 2003 will not read those files. How can I recover the information? Clint <Clint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I saved my emails and address book with Outlook Express before > getting a new computer with Outlook 2003. Outlook 2003 will not read > those files. How can I recover the information? You have to configure those messages into Outlook Express on the new computer (see http://www.insideoe.com/ for the method) and them export them to Outlook from ...

Exchange 2003 sends multiple emails
I just discovered that when a user sent email to a specific distribution list or group of people, the email was recieved by the recipients over four times. I can see in the logs that the Exchange server did send roughly this many, but I dont know why. any ideas? thanks ...

Some users cannot have replied E-Mail activity? Why?
Hi, It is really strange, in our company, some users's replied e-mail activity will not be put into CRM system by that router. I tested everybody by my internet mailbox. But meanwhile, some other users without problem. Anybody know that? Thank you very much. Raymond From what I understand... if you reply using outlook - it will not go through the CRM router and be placed in CRM... you must reply outside of outlook.... (i.e. hotmail, external account)... I think there is a TK on this... "Raymond" <xin421@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:015d01c3dc66$e19ca420$a401...

Prove someone is reading someone else's email...
Domain Admins have full control over all mailboxes in our Information Store. I suspect a user with Domain Admins is reading email inappropriately. How can this be proven when the security log displays the same event for viewing someone's calendar as it does when someone opens their inbox? I already turned up Mailbox logon DL to no avail (unless I need to restart system attendant to enable this setting). Any suggestions? You can always get a keylogger. "coyboy84" <coyboy84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1E7955A-0CB6-45AC-B8EE-43C82A0A85B4@micr...

Sending email from source Excel spreadsheet
I need to send out a distribution to all of our clients. There email addresses all happen to be in Excel. What is the best way emailing these addresses, ie: cut and paste in or Outlook to read from Excel or Excel to Export to Outlook...??? Thank you. Richard Richard Edwards <do.not.use@do.not.use.com> wrote: > I need to send out a distribution to all of our clients. There email > addresses all happen to be in Excel. > > What is the best way emailing these addresses, ie: cut and paste in or > Outlook to read from Excel or Excel to Export to Outlook...??? I was un...

Sending email "though" ISP/host
I have an Exchange '03 box with a dynamic IP address. I noticed that some email are bouncing back as undeliverable. I was advised to configure exchange to send the mail through my ISP/host so the reverse DNS will resolve correctly. Any ideas are appreciated On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:40:43 -0400, "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrote: >I have an Exchange '03 box with a dynamic IP address. I noticed that some >email are bouncing back as undeliverable. I was advised to configure >exchange to send the mail through my ISP/host so the reverse DNS w...

Cannot receive email from some servers
I have a SBS 2003 server, sp1 installed, exchange server sp2 installed. The problem starts since last week, I can receive email, like from Hotmail, Yahoo, and from people they are using MS Exchange Server. It seems that I can't receive email from those people using a mail server other than Exchange server, like Unix server. The sender receive NDR like that: JohnS@somervilles.com>: lost connection with 61.9.200.112[61.9.200.112] while sending end of data -- message may be sent more than once. Anyidea Ted Li <TedLi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a SBS 2003 ser...

cant send email #3
when I set up email accounts and do the test it all passes ok, but when I try to send an email it wont allow me to compaose an email, as the tool bar will not highlight to allow me to write new message. Then I get a message about a server problem, but the test shows all as ok? maggie@dsl.pipex.com <maggie@dsl.pipex.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when I set up email accounts and do the test it all passes ok, but > when I try to send an email it wont allow me to compaose an email, as > the tool bar will not highlight to allow me to write new message. > Then I get ...

Unable to receive External email
Hi, I tried to do testing as following. I create email using crm domain account. email is sent to yahoo/hotmail account. When i check the yahoo/hotmail account, i can see the message. then i reply the message. but this message will never come into my crm domain account. Can someone help me out on how to solve this issue? Thx Carrie Check the event log on your exchange server. please also provide additonal information like: CRM version : Router = Installed/not-installed Exchange server : ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ Hi Aamir, I did not see any error on e...

Word as email editor #6
I'm using Outlook 98 and Word 2000. I want to use Word as my e-mail editor in Outlook 98. When I go to Mail Format to turn on Word as my e-mail editor, it doesn't allow me to choose Word AND also choose HTML as my message format. One without the other basically is useless, i.e. why bother to use Word as the e-mail editor if I can't send elements other than text. ALSO, when I try to send an e- mail directly from Word, under File, New there is no "General" tab which means I can't choose "e-mail message." It's as if a chunk of something is mis...

Why do I keep getting repeated copies of the same incoming email
I have just upgraded to Outlook '03 and I have received 4 or 5 new separate emails, but have received numerous copies of each one - 310 copies at last count. Does anyone know why this is happening? On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 04:41:03 -1000, tcav80 <tcav80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just upgraded to Outlook '03 and I have received 4 or 5 new > separate > emails, but have received numerous copies of each one - 310 copies at > last > count. Does anyone know why this is happening? Do you have rules set up that make copies? What anti-virus software ...

Cannot Send nor Receive Emails
I am using Live Mail 14.0.8089. This evening I emailed 5 messages only to find them stuck in the Outbox. Then I discovered emails were neither going out nor coming in. LiveMail started freezing on "Receiving Mail...working online." I clicked "Sync All Email Accounts" and it would begin "receiving mail...working online" again, only to freeze again. I uninstalled and reinstalled Live Mail but nothing changed. What else can I do? Thank you. -- Stick to one thread ? --=20 ....winston MS-MVP[Mail] "Nissi1" <Nissi1...

Email open underneath Outlook (2002) window
When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, but places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this new window to open on top of the Outlook window? see if updating your display drivers helps. "Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:636AB801-7D0D-46C8-B6D9-3F891C25B8A8@microsoft.com... > When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, > but > places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this > new window to open on ...

open email #2
is there anyway i can automatically open an email sent to me from my family without having to search for them -- live long and prosper "Squibbly" <anti@spam.com> wrote in message news:q4SdnWDZA70G4fHeRVnyvw@pipex.net... > is there anyway i can automatically open an email sent to me from my > family without having to search for them > > -- > live long and prosper Not sure what you mean by "open", nor why you have to "search for them". If you leave all your emails in your inbox, you might be better creating some folders and filing...

Business domain vs. Public (free web email domains)
Business domain vs. Public (free web email domains) I am in search of some documents that detail on why a business (corporation) should block its exchange users from email from their business domain accounts (@mybusiness.com) to public email entities using @yahoo.com, @hotmail, @freeemail.com and so forth you can use Recipient Filtering... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Sender-Recipient-Filtering.html -- "Mr. Backup" wrote: > Business domain vs. Public (free web email domains) > > > > I am in search of some documents that detail on why a busine...

email messages dissappear
In outlook express, emails that have been read automatically delete from the inbox. The view is set to "Show All Messages" but only unread messages are viewable. ...

Emailing daily agenda to multiple people
After much searching I've not been able to find any ability to automate sending a daily email with my agenda on it to multiple recipients. Previously I've used Google Calendar tool to sync OL2007 with Google Calendar and it sends out a daily agenda, similar to the following: Tue Nov 17, 2009 All day Tue Nov 17 – Fri Nov 20 Marking Exams (Office) 09:00 – 10:00 Call Margaret Carney 18:00 – 21:00 Pacioli Society Meeting but as I am currently trialling OK2010 beta the google sync tool no longer works. But this was a clumsy way of achieving the above result anyway. Any...