Transfers from one account to another.

I am using Money 2003. I have about 8 accounts at 2
different banks. I update MS Money online only, I never
input any other transactions any other way. I often
transfer money from one account to another digitaly or
via cheque deposit or other means. I can recognize
transfers that happen to both accounts as being money
deposited in one account and removed from the other. How
do I tell MS Money that this is a transfer and that these
amounts should not be added to my total income and total
expenses. I do find a transfer option under 'Catagory'
but if I select the apropriate Transfer option, MS Money
adds in extra fields, as if I am asking it to transfer
this transaction to the other account. Do I need to
create transactions this way then delete the originals?
Is this really the way MS suggests we do this? Is this an
abnormal transaction?
0
anonymous (74722)
1/8/2004 6:43:40 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Sorry, don't have an answer but I want to know the answer
to your question too.  All my statements are downloaded
and if I tell Money this is a transfer, it makes an
additional transfer that I don't want it to.

Mick

0
anonymous (74722)
1/8/2004 5:16:59 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Mick wrote:

>Sorry, don't have an answer but I want to know the answer
>to your question too.  All my statements are downloaded
>and if I tell Money this is a transfer, it makes an
>additional transfer that I don't want it to.

This was my response to  BGuthrie when he made the identical posting
on another thread:

:In microsoft.public.money, BGuthrie wrote:
:
:>To Clarify:
:>I am using Money 2003. I have about 8 accounts at 2
:>different banks. I update MS Money online only, I never
:>input any other transactions any other way. I often
:>transfer money from one account to another digitaly or
:>via cheque deposit or other means. I can recognize
:>transfers that happen to both accounts as being money
:>deposited in one account and removed from the other. How
:>do I tell MS Money that this is a transfer and that these
:>amounts should not be added to my total income and total
:>expenses.
:
:Make the transaction a Transfer with a subcategory of the other account.
:
:> I do find a transfer option under 'Catagory'
:>but if I select the apropriate Transfer option, MS Money
:>adds in extra fields, as if I am asking it to transfer
:>this transaction to the other account.
:
:Well, yes. That is what a transfer is-- a transfer to the other account.
:
:> Do I need to
:>create transactions this way then delete the originals?
:
:I would modify the first-downloaded transaction to a transfer rather than creating the transfer transaction from scratch. Then in the normal course of events, when you download the other account, match the newly downloaded transaction to the transfer.
:
:
:>Is this really the way MS suggests we do this? Is this an
:>abnormal transaction?
:
:An alternative is to schedule the transaction to be placed into the registers beforehand. Then match the transactions upon download.
:
:Money would like to default to matching the transaction to the scheduled transfer, but it usually needs help doing so.
:

Does that make sense, Mick?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/8/2004 5:51:02 PM
Not sure if it makes sense or not until I go home and play
with it.  I was hoping for an easier way so that when the
download appears in Money, the transfer would auto appear
correctly without having to edit it.  Thank for your help.

Mick

0
anonymous (74722)
1/8/2004 6:26:55 PM

My CU supports only OFC and QIF for Money, not OFX.
Mick
0
anonymous (74722)

No account number shown in printed checks
Using Money 2007 Deluxe. Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of the payees has an account number entered in the appropriate place, in the "Go to Payees" detail listing. Can't figure out what's going on here! Thanks for any assistance. Dave On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:37:03 -0700, Dave M. <DaveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Money 2007 Deluxe. > >Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account >numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of...

Transfering Outlook Calendar, Contacts and IMAP-folders to Live Ma
I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Ulf Eriksson wrote: > I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. > Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP > folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live > Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Download and install the trial version of Office 2007....

Help creating two listings from one record
I have extracted "members" from my database. One record will contain LastName and FirstName, and may also contain SpouseName. Because I am creating membership cards in Publisher, I think I probably should actually create another query or ?? that contains one record with either [FirstName LastName] or [SpouseName LastName] Probablyl something like ... If SpouseName greater spaces List SpouseName LastName else next sentence. List FirstName LastName I don't have a clue how to do this in Access. Appreciate all help. Try this -- [FirstName] &a...

How to create treeview active control as another activex control's child?
I want to create an activex control who will wrap a treeview active control but has some its own logic. I don't know how to create it and how to set its position and size. say,if I want my active control's size is the same as the treeview active control. Any idea ? Thanks ...

Synchronising Accounts
Hi, I have Money 2006. I also have a PDA in which Money 2006 for Pocket Pc 2003 was loaded. When I see the accounts to be synchronised, I see only Credit card accounts, checking accounts, savings accounts and line of credit accounts. I cannot see the Asset accounts like Home or Loan Accounts like Home Mortgage Accounts in the list of accounts to be synchronised in active sync. By the way In transaction register I cannot see special categories like Transfers, Credit Card Payments, Loan Payments. I cannot edit or change the previous transaction, but I can only enter new transactions? M...

Display middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen?
How do I Display the middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen? Please help. We use the Primary Contact field on the main Account screen to search and select a contact. The field then displays the First Name + Last Name of the contact that was selected. Can I make it show First Name + Last Name + Middle Name? How do I do it? I will be very appreciative for any help I receive. Thanks adna; The CRM has one format for displaying contact names. you can set that format in Settings-->Administration-->System Settings. While First Name + Last Name + Middle Name isn&...

Re-assign account issues - MSFT Employees & MSCRM Partners
Scenario: Sales rep leaves the company - accounts need to be shuffled around - some to new rep and some to other reps - typical account realignment - happens in just about any sales org (for many reasons)nothing unique about this - I reassign accounts and of course any items/objects that are not completed, closed, etc...move with the account to the now owner - as it should - Any cases with a resolved status - stay with the respective case owner - as it should - makes sense, right? - The big problem comes in here and it makes no sense - Orders, Opportunities, Quotes, and Appointment activities ...

Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ? #2
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? By the way, any issue with Exchange SP2 ? Rgrds, Zul See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=37488 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896742. I would recomment upgrading Exchange first. -- Regards, Roland "Zul J" wrote: > Hi, > > We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update > the software in terms of patches, so which one...

Read from same email account on two separate computers at same tim
I am not too sure if this question belongs to Windows Live Mail. Since I can't do it with POP protocol, I have Windows Live Mail set up to access the same GMail account with IMAP protocol on two separate computers for convenience sake. Every time I start the Windows Live Mail on the second computer after another one already starts on one computer, there seems to be error accessing the server. Also the Windows Live Mail on one system seems to keep downloading mails while the other one doesn't. How can I selectively download mails, that is download only when I read ...

Relating one column to another
Stupid newbie question coming up: Let's say that in column A I have a series (not sequential) of numbers. In column B I have a word that goes with that number. In column C, I have numbers, which represent the same words as the number in column a represents the word in column B. In other words, I have: Number Word Type: 1: Banana 2 2: Fruit 3: Sausage 4 4: Meat I want to end up with Number Word Type: 1: Banana Fruit 2: Fruit 3: Sausage Meat 4: M...

Set One Field based On Another Field
I think I have a pretty simple request. I am looking for some script to put on an on exit field. Here is what I need it to do: When a value is put in say $550, if this is greater than a specified limit in the code I need it to set Field2 to Yes. So if field1 > 500 set field2 = yes Real world example: I have a dollar amount of credit to give to a customer, I want to auto populate the approval required field with a yes. Your help is appreciated. Brent, Try: IIf([Field1]>500,[Field2]="Yes") However if the field is a Bit data type then IIf([Field1]&...

New account with new Domain
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to set up a new entourage email account using a new recently purchased domain. I am putting in mail@domainname.com for incoming and out going mails but when i verify details it tells me both are not right. Do I have to have set up the hosting for the website before being able to set up the email account or do I need to set up the email address at somewhere like GMail first and then will I be able to do it???? Any help appreciated. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this f...

Incorporating detail of one sheet into another.
There are 2 excel worksheet. I would like to incorporate detail of sheet 2 into sheet1. e.g Sheet2 Contain the following details A B C D E F G Agent1 Agent2 Agent3 Agent4 Agent5 1 Apple Cycle 2 Mango Car 3 Banana Bus 4 Coconut Motor and so on in coloumn c , d , e,f and g. Now what I would like to do is If in sheet 1 If I select Agent 1 all the detail of sheet2 which has column as agent1 should appear exactly as it is in sheet2. And the same thing for Column B, c ...

Negative Net worth after adding a Mortgage account
Money is now calculating my net worth as negative, This occurred after I added my home mortgage to 2004. Shouldn't my home be an asset, even though technically I have a mortgage? Can anyone shed light on this? Tony Yes, your home should be an asset and there is an account type, interestingly enough called asset account, designed just to handle this. Read more in online help. The Money Loan setup wizard should have asked you about setting one up. "Tony Lisanti" <ajlisanti@optonline.net> wrote in message news:mkmb10hro61seu4h9m4hpjp91kbk1o7egq@4ax.com... > Mo...

Accounting templates
Are there templates to do accounting worksheets (trial balances, income statements, do adjustments) and the like? I am using Excel 2000 Kaye Browse through the Excel section of the MS Template Gallery. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:59:05 -0800, "Kaye" <Kaye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Are there templates to do accounting worksheets (trial balances, income >statements, do adjustments) and the like? I am using Excel 2000 ...

Exchange 5.5 Service Account Domain Rights
Silly question... Does an Exchange 5.5 service account need to be a domain admin? It seems like it does not need to be domain admin, just local admin on the exchange server. If possible, please provide a M$ link. thanks, FastEddie On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:43:05 -0500, "FastEddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote: >Silly question... > >Does an Exchange 5.5 service account need to be a domain admin? It seems >like it does not need to be domain admin, just local admin on the exchange >server. Nope. In fact, it is recommended that it not be a d...

WM5/Mny2006 Account Register Data Input
I'm using Money2006 on WM5/VGA, work fine in portrait mode until a trial version of Lingvosoft Dict, was installed, the Input field width & dropdown menu boxes under ACCOUNT REGISTER was slightly enlarged and got pushed off the right screen, now the dropdown button can only be accessed by setting the ppc in landscape mode, appreciate if anyone could provide info how to correct this problem. btw, I've uninstall and trial-ware and reinstalled money2006. TIA CZX ...

How does AD tie a joining PC with a pre-staged computer account?
On our network, we only want a select group of desktop managers joining PCs to the domain. In addition to that, we want those managers REQUESTING to have those machines joined before they actually do so. This is because we have problems with some desktop managers moving machines around without telling us, losing track of assets, and so on. We're planning on having an automated network registration, so we're not planning on making everyone's life hell, but they will have to jump through a few hoops to get on a publically routable network and so on. I have a decent id...

Multiple rendering after one action
Hi There, Is it possible to render many reports with one link / action? I'm looking for any programmatically approach, which allows me to automatically renrder 25 reports to PDF/XLS Thanks in advance. michlimes Hi, You could use RS as a web service to trigger whatever you want. Seee http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms152787.aspx for details. -- Patrice "michlimes" <michlimes@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : E5B78CCB-7636-4FF8-80A3-7064C09DD9DE@microsoft.com... > Hi There, > > Is it po...

Only one user at a time can access OWA
Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at any one time. As soon as the first user logs out the next can then log on, but in a organisation of 1300 - bit of a problem. Previously we did have things working fine with Exchange 5.5 on WinNT but a hacking attack put paid to that system! Have run through MS trouble shooting but found no mention of this problem anywhere else. Any suggestions welcomed Regards Mike Cameron cameronm@queensbury.beds.sch.uk (Mike Cameron) wrote: >Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at >any one time. As...

File transfer
Please help In moving files from one computer to another, the pages appear shrunk (all row heighths are smaller even though the number of height did not change) when opened on the new computer. Both have Office 2000 and I tried using the file transfer wizard and moving them manually. I have six year of data that is screwed up!! Mr Rubble, It isn't likely that the file transfer messed it up, but that some difference in the systems is causing this problem. It isn't clear what your problem is. Are you talking about the appearance on the screen (as opposed to print or print prev...

Transfer Amount to Wrong Checkbook
I made a transfer from one checkbook to another. I reconciled one of the checkbooks but when I went to reconcile the other checkbook I realized that I transfered the money to the wrong checkbook. I want to void the entry but the system will not allow me because I have reconciled one the checkbooks. How do I reverse this entry. Don't void transfers between checkbooks - it doesn't void all parts of the transfer (two checkbooks and two g/l accounts) and you end up with increase and decrease adjustments and a big mess. The best way we have found is to enter another transfer th...

VBA turing up on the web...excel transfer...
Ok, here's the deal! I want to take my database/spreadsheet from excel and place it on the web with interactivity - I have done this so far.....what the problem is: I have macros in VBA programing that is not going with the excel pages onto the web...why? Is this going to be easier if I start from scratch in FrontPage to be able to control this program fully? Please help...I can't find anyone that knows....:-( ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ ** ...

Slowness in transfering EMAILs between Exchange and local PST files with Outlook 2007
I'm not sure if others are seeing a similiar issue, but it routinely takes 10-15 seconds to move EMAILs between the Exchange and local PST files. This issue is not dependent on the size of attachment. I do have a relatively large local PST file over 2GB, but the Exchange file is relatively small. I have turned off the McAfee EMAIL scanner and so no improvement. Does anybody have ideas? Regards, Scott ...

Prevent data entry if another field contains data
I need code to prevent data entry into Form Field B if Form Field A has data in it? Access version is 97. Thanks Ron Ron, I would put this code in the Forms Current event, so that as soon as you move to a record, it will do this. I would also put it in the AfterUpdate event of the control that is bound to [Field A] on your form. This assumes that [Field B] is a textbox with the name txt_FieldB me.txt_FieldB.Locked = (LEN(me.txt_FieldA & "") > 0) The code on the right of the equal sign will evaluate to be either True or False, depending on whether there is a value ...