Transfer to a New Brokerage (Investment) Account

Hey All,

I am in the process of moving all of my accounts from a small private firm
to Fidelity.  Obviously the small guys don't do on-line anything, so I have
been entering stuff for years on my own.  How do I go about transferring
everything into the new Fidelity accounts since it uses on-line updates
without losing my historical data; basically, I don't want my capital gains
report to get messed up by using the "Transfer Account" function.  Any
ideas?

-David

0
not7366 (16)
7/1/2005 5:56:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Update Case History automatically after New Service Activity is sa
Hi All, When a technician completes a service activity, a custom field on the form "Current Status" will contain the details of the current status of the case. The "Regarding" field on the Service Activity form already contains the particular case. I want to add the "Service Activity (Current Status)" field contents to the beginning of the "Case (Current Status)" field to allow users to see the current status of each case, with the last entry showing on the top of the form. Any ides would be welcome. Thanks -- David Dalton IT Systems Ltd Kill...

Account Summary Reports
Hello, I have a problem with the predefined Account Summary Reports: If I open an account and go to the Actions toolbar >> click Reports >> Use Current Record >> click the name of the report (e.g. account summary) a new page pops up, but w/o any data on it. Its just blue and it has the CRM "File" and "Help" menus and the Title of the report displayed underneath it. All other reports under the normal reports section are running fine! Did anybody have this problem before? Thanks, Nikolas ...

How do I add multiple hotmail and comcast email accounts to Outloo
How do I add multiple hotmail and comcast email accounts to Outlook? Just add them! "Newbie" <Newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDE08E58-A7CA-4DF4-B413-D493824746C5@microsoft.com... > How do I add multiple hotmail and comcast email accounts to Outlook? Add them using Tools, Accounts dialog. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lis...

income summary account from Accounting 101
Hello: In the first-semester college "principles of accounting" class, students are taught about the Income Summary account that is used to contain the month's profit and loss accounts. In GP, year-end close zeroes out the profit and loss accounts into Retained Earnings automatically. GP does not do so, really, for month-end purposes. So, in order to conduct an automated month-end close to Income Summary account, would the following tasks be conducted?: (1) Create the Income Summary account in Account Maintenance as a P&L account with a credit balance, (2) Creat...

Office Document Connection wont connect and locks my AD account
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello <br><br>I have been using Document Connection (DC) happily with my company's SharePoint for some weeks now. Today I had some hiccup with my AD account password, which is now sorted and I can now log onto the SharePoint site through Safari and authenticate to access the WebDAV through Finder. <br><br>However when I accessed the same WebDAV using Document Connection I was told that I didn't have permission and my AD account got locked. It looks like DC hammered my AD account...

NEWBIE: Adding New Fields to the Case Form
I searched the forum but I cannot find anything answering this question? I have aded a new Attribute to the "CASE ENTITY" called "SUBSCRIPTION TYPE". "SUBSCRIPTION TYPE" is a picklist value I creaed that I wish to be able to display on the standard CASE FORM. "SUBSCRIPTION TYPE" should be a 1-To-1 field to a CASE. When I attempt to customize my standard CASE FORM by using "Add fields" I dont see my new "SUBSCRIPTION TYPE" Attribute in the list of available fields. I want to add this new field to a Tab I created on the default case f...

Why won't my Pivot Tables recognise new data?
Hi for some reason I cannot get my pivot tables to recognise that new dat has been added to the worksheet. When I delete the old data and pu new data in (I've tried adding 3000 records) the pivot tabl disappeares and appears to be asking me to reconstruct it. I' refering in this instance to the "Most Recent Activity Date worksheet. Please note I'm an Excel beginner - almost all of the construction o this workbook has been down to a few kind souls out there (specia mention to I.Savell). Any help much appreciated. I've attached the file for anyone who cares to have a s...

Can you connect to E*Trade brokerage account
I'm a new Money 2005 user and I have successfully been able set up my online accounts except one, E*Trade. I keep getting the message "Your accounts couldn't be updated with infromation from your bank or brokerage". Called Microsoft and they blame E*Trade, called E*Trade and they didn't even know Money 2005 was out already. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm I correct in assuming that I use the same username and password to access the information through Money as I do from the E*Trade website. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I am using both M2003 deluxe and M...

Prepayment account distribution payables
It would be useful to be able to setup a different account for the payables pre-payments, so you could know the balance or total amount of prepayments stored in a different account and not in the general Accounts Payable account. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Dynamic copying of data to new sheets
I need to create a seperate sheet in an excel workbook that contains th information from a data sheet. There are multiple columns and I need to seperate the rows out tha match values in one column. Number Status Notes 1 Fail none 2 Pass none 3 Not Run none 4 Missing none I need to make a seperate sheet for fail, pass, not run, and missing. I would like these sheets to update automatically, as the data sheet i quite large and it would take sometime to update the information b hand. Thanks, Quirthano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Balancing Savings Account
I have Money 2004 and have been using money for years. Over the past several versions, I have noticed that when I go to balance a Savings account that earns interest, the system freezes on me if I enter the Interest amount in the Balance Wizard at the begining. I have to leave it blank then postpone the balance and when I start to balance again, it lets me put an interest amount in the wizard. What can I do to resolve this? This was happening on 2003, and 2002. Thanks for your help in advance. This question has come up before, and I don't recall seeing a 'true fix' listed ...

Copy all hilighted words to a new document using VBA
Dear Experts: I would like to copy all hilighted words of the current document (via VBA) to a new one with the following features: 1. Highlighted word 2. Page No. where the highlighted word has been found 3. Applied Font of the highlighted word If a word has only be hilighted partially, the whole word has to be copied. Example: going (highlighted word), Page 219, Font Name: Arial Christmas (highlighted word), Page 222, Font Name: Tahoma. etc. Hope this is not asking too much and feasible, respectively. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Re...

Please include fonts from previous versions ('98) in new versions
I used a lot of fonts from Office '98 that I can't find now. How do I find them? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1dc58339-c737-4861-b8bf-e05d6af0fdd8&dg=microsoft.public.excel....

Error
I am using Outlook 2000 on a Windows 98 machine. For the last several days, I have been getting the following error when I try to reply to a message, forward a message, or create a new message: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor." I am able to successfully receive messages and create calendar appointments. I have done everything I can think of to try to fix this problem, but still get the error when I reopen Outlook. Here is what I've tried: 1) Rebooting 2) Reinstalling Micros...

Send thru different accounts
Hi, I have 4 pop3 email accounts. I normally send through one account and my return address is set up xxxx@yyyy.com. Account 2 has a different domain and my address is xxxxx@qqqq.com Account 3 has a different domain and my address is xxxxx@llll.com. How come no matter what account I send my email through the return address is always xxxx@yyyy.com? When I review each account they all show that they have their own email address associated. It kinda defeats the purpose to have the same email return address going out on each email I send regardless of the domain I use. Any Ideas? Thanks ...

Repeated request to enter user name and psw for pop3 account
Hi, Outlook asks me repeatedly to enter user name and psw for my pop3 account on pop.mail.yahoo.com I verified the user name and psw on Yahoo webmail and reentered the username and psw into outlook/email accounts. Still, every time it does send/receive, the window "Enter Network Password" pops up... Vista home premium SP1, office 2007 SP2 Thank you for your help. On 12/29/2009 10:46 AM, Erik wrote: > Hi, > Outlook asks me repeatedly to enter user name and psw for my pop3 > account on pop.mail.yahoo.com > I verified the user name and psw on Yahoo web...

Investment Account Download
My wife and I both have Retirement Accounts with The Vanguard Group. Whether or not I open her file in Money 2006, when I download HER Statement it automatically goes to MY Account. I've tried everything I know...Downloading with her account open in Money, closed in money, and no matter what I do Money automatically thinks it's my Account. Any help available? Thanks -- Jerry In microsoft.public.money, Jerry <jyeagley3@comcast.net(donotspam)> wrote: >My wife and I both have Retirement Accounts with The Vanguard Group. Whether >or not I open her file in Money 2006, wh...

Error transferring investment history
I have followed all the proper steps to transfer holdings from an existing account to a new account. The process was smooth and easy enough, but I believe there are some real issues with the way the program handles this transfer. I am using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe. First, it does transfer the cost basis correctly, although not in the way it should for everything a user may want to do in the future. Here are the issues I have encountered. If I sell an investment in the new account that was transferred from the old account, I can pick the lots I want to sell so as to minimize my ...

Open a new document in a new "exterior" Excel Windows
How is it possible to tune Excel to make every new=20 document open as a new "exterior" Excel Windows, and not=20 as a "interior" windows in the Excel Application ?? My Powerpoint is already reacting like that, but I cannot=20 find any clues in the Options... Menu. Is there a link with the way the default template is=20 designed ? Thanks for your input. S=E9bastien. Accenture France. Try Tools-Options then tick the "View Windows in Taskbar" on the Vie tab -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Money Market Accounts
Can anyone tell me how to create a money market account for an ira? I tried to create one by setting up an investment account, but i'm having trouble balancing the account between the cash transactions and investment. I've read a few postings (they were complicated for me) and know there is an issue but i couldnt find anything with a soloution. In microsoft.public.money, dkopel22@hotmail.com wrote: >Can anyone tell me how to create a money market account for an ira? I >tried to create one by setting up an investment account, but i'm >having trouble balancing the account ...

Filter out account segment in FRx report
I need to modify a report to filter out the last segment of an account number. Here's the account format: xxxx-xxx-xxx where first segment is Account, second segment is Department and 3rd segment is Project. I need to be able to run the report excluding the a certain Project ID (201 in this case) from the report results. I'm using a tree with &&&&-100-xxx (for example) in the account mask and a row format with the main account segment specified. There are 14 departments in the tree. I'm sure it's something simple that's escaping me - should be a piece ...

Wrong Investment in Download Activity
I'm running into a frustrating problem that I'm hoping someone has an idea as to how to solve. For what ever reason, Money is trying to match an existing investment to a new investment. Everytime I download my investment statements, it sees I have X shares of MSFT, decides that it doesn't match the existing Microsoft investment, and creates a new investment of "Microsoft Stock". It then adds X shares (essentially doubling it) into the account. I've deleted the "Microsoft Stock" investment multiple times, but it keeps recreating it. How do I get i...

Clicking Between Accounts In Live Mail Freezes Program??
Hello. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate. I'm virus and spyware clean. The computer runs very fast with a quad core processor and 4GB ram. All components are high-end. I work in IT and keep the machine clean. After Installing LiveMail version 14.0.8089.0726 (upgraded from Windows Mail) I set up 5 separate accounts from my local ISP, Yahoo, and Gmail. When I try and click (one left click) from one account to another in Live Mail, the program freezes and it takes about 30 seconds for the list of messages & email view to populate. When I do this it is not checking for...

Can't allocate lots for an investment sale
Hello, When recording sale of a stock, I wasn't asked which lot to sell when creating the transaction. And, of course, it chose the wrong lot. In the help, it says to right click the transaction and choose 'reallocate lots', but this option is not available for me to select. So how do I change the lot allocation then? I do not have 'use FIFO' checked in the tools-> investment options. Thanks for your help, Brian. ...

Currency setup in new company
hello: I am trying to setup a new company, but can't get a currency established. Please see the movie below: http://faculty.rio.edu/campbell/gp90_rjc/rjc_bbal2.htm Thanks Richard Campbell Hi Richard, I assume you are only using one $US currency for the moment. Go to Tools->Setup->Financial->MultiCurrency and select your functional currency from there. You will probably have to set up a Reporting currency as well. Cheers. R. "Richard_J_Campbell" wrote: > hello: > I am trying to setup a new company, but can't get a currency established. > Please...