Transfer Money 98 to money 2004

I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new
computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current
data to new computer w/ money 2004.

0
brad8226 (1)
8/18/2004 2:16:29 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Brad Karris wrote:

>I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new
>computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current
>data to new computer w/ money 2004.

If you have a USB flash drive on the old machine, copy your .mny
file there. Then copy the file  to the new machine-- usually to your
"My Documents" folder. In Windows Explorer, double-left-click the
file on your new machine to open Money with the old data.

If you don't have a USB flash drive, burn a CD or use network to
transfer. Make sure the file on the hard drive is not Read-only
after being copied from CD.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/18/2004 2:25:39 PM
See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=68.

"Brad Karris" <brad@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new
> computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current
> data to new computer w/ money 2004.

Money Changes Transaction Dates
Hi all, How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have already entered into the register? This happens when I accept/match downloaded transactions from my bank. Thanks! Well, I think I just answered my own question. I found a check box to untick under online options to fix this, but I will post back if necessary. "rustyfender04" <rustyfender1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eY3zaLITHHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have > already entered into t...

Money Invoices
Installed IE6 SP1 as instructed by article, Invoice Designer still locks up computer on save. Attempts to use existing templates results in various script errors. ...

MS Money 2004 Canadian ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C9_01C3C037.D277B2A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Money 2004 Canadian, does not recognize the Royal Bank of Canada. = Who do I contact to have the RBC Royal Bank Canada added? When I go the my Online Bank and copy my Checking account to MS Money, = in the left pane of the register it tells me my last download time and = date etc. This was from 2 days ago, consequently I can't download = today's account details meaning the register is NOT up...

Xmlhttprequest
Hi, I'm trying to find a way to use XMLHttpRequest to recieve an xml file and then use XMLHttpRequest to send an xml file back based on the xml file I received. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance rwiegel@iastate.edu wrote: > I'm trying to find a way to use XMLHttpRequest to recieve an xml file > and then use XMLHttpRequest to send an xml file back based on the xml > file I received. Can anybody help? If you receive XML with XMLHttpRequest then you get a responseXML DOM document that you can manipulate as needed and pass to the send method to send it back. Or create a ...

Money 2005 which Australian Version
I currently have Quicken Plus 2002 and it does everything I want and I am used to it's quirks. BUT, I am looking to upgrade if and only if, I can find a version of the Money product, for Australia, that allows me to sync with my PDA. This is the last frontier as far as I'm concerned with these products. I am amazed this is not a standard feature already as it is usually time poor people who wish to manage there finances with these products and being able to keep transactions up to date when in transit and travelling would be the ultimate for me. Quicken also doesn't handle ...

Quickbooks 2004 integration
Is there any revised instructions on integrating with QB2004 as there are some discrepencys using the QB2003 instructions. Keep getting the message "out of balance" error message and could use some help in setting up our GL accounts. Thanks! It works fine It is a pain in the A$$ though Download the TK articles and get you accountant involved Also testing each GL line in a clean batch is a GOOD idea & easier to trouble shoot Just make a Backup of the QB's and keep restoring and backing up till everything works took us about 6-8 hours on our first one JB Wisconsin ...

Tries MS Money 2004 Trial.
I downloaded and tried Money 2004 from the Microsoft site. It was an upgrade from MS Money 2002. I installed it beside my MS Money 2002. I converted the file, and it said it created a backup file with ".Mnn" where nn is a version number. It said that if I went back to money 2002 I would need to open this backup file. After testing it a little, I did a system restore to a checkpoint of a week ago (still trying to fix another problem with MS Money 2002). Now when I run MS Money 2002 and I open that backup file, it asks me for a password. The original file was not passwo...

Incorrect quantity transferred from SOP order to invoice
What's the correct way to fix an incorrect quantity that was transferred to an invoice? For example, say we have an order with many line items where half of the items were fulfilled, some were partial-shipped. When the order transfers to an invoice, we realize that the fulfilled quantity was wrong on one of the items. We can change the QTY Fulfilled and QTY to Invoice on the invoice but how do we fix the order so that the difference doesn't transfer again? Do we go into the order and enter the difference in Cancelled QTY, although that would be misleading when an inquiry is ...

New to Money 2006
I was using Money 2004 and upgraded it to 2006 last night (God only knows, why :)). I started to hate the idea of Passport and Web Publishing my account details and so did not choose the Passport option. I was able to install with regular Money stand alone password and still update all my accounts by downloading them from the respective financial institutions (as I used to do with 2004). The problem is with MBNA America. I want to download the credit card transactions. But the online setup process is asking me for passport setup. I looked at the description of this bank on Microsoft site...

Update from Money 2007 Premium
I currently use Money 2007 Premium. I plan on installing Money Plus Deluxe. They look to be pretty much the same. Will anything be lost going from 2007 Premium to Plus Deluxe? Thanks, Bob K The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) "Bob K" <BobK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0C34A6-F03E-49AC-8B54-BAFF63BC538A@microsoft.com... > Will anything be lost going from 2007 > Premium to Plus Deluxe? "Dick Watson" wrote: > The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) > > "Bob K" <BobK@discus...

Money 98 to 2004
I have a similar problem to Heath 12/22. I am trying to transfer files from Money 98 to Money 2004. Successfully did the small file, but the large (compressed) file gives the error message of: "Money can not locate c:\( . . . )\my documents\ my money or can not open it, possibly because it is read only, or you have no permission to change it, or drive is write protected." Try navigating to wherever your .mny file is on your hard disk and double click on it. That will fire up Money and it will remember where it found the file for the future. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft ...

Money 2004 files to back to Money 2000 program
My computer in Florida has Money 2004. When returning to Wisconsin I tried using the Money 2004 files with my Money 2000 in Wisconsin but the program would not open because it asked for my "Password". I have never used a password before and don't have a password. I have been using Money programs for 5 years and this is the first time I have had any problems. Any ideas? JoeinWisconsin -- -------------------------------------------- Joseph R. Ferris (Joe) E-mail: jferris@tponet.com URL: www.jferris.com ---------------------------------------- In microsoft.public.money...

outlook #98
hello i hope you can help me.i am wanting to stop outlook exspress running on my computer becouse i have got another messinger running it is doing my head in so please can you tell me many ways to stop this problem. milton "milotn" <snookercue@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:080301c3d758$81c39bc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > hello i hope you can help me.i am wanting to stop outlook > exspress running on my computer becouse i have got another > messinger running it is doing my head in so please can > you tell me many ways to stop this problem. > ...

Money 2002/ Money 2003
Have money 2003 installed on windows XP. Trying to import money 2002. Can someone walk me through it. I would reload money 2002 but I can't find my disk. It should pull in directly for you when you load 2003. If not, copy the .mny file and open it after you install 2003. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >Have money 2003 installed on windows XP. Trying to import >money 2002. Can someone walk me through it. I would reload >money 2002 but I can't find my disk. >. > In microsoft.public.money, Richard Conley wrote: >Have money 2003 installed on ...

Money Express does not show all my upcoming bills
I noticed Money Express only shows a few of my upcoming transactions, such as deposits or automatic withdrawals, but it will not show upcoming transactions such as credit card payments that need to be sent within a couple of days. Any ideas? I believe there is a limit of 5 bills that can be displayed in Money Express. <req@req.com> wrote in message news:btodh0puhe0d1jer6mt4s1vhqd99a54i81@4ax.com... > I noticed Money Express only shows a few of my upcoming transactions, > such as deposits or automatic withdrawals, but it will not show > upcoming transactions such as credit ca...

money 2002
In microsoft money - I can no longer print checks - I keep getting the error message "there are no accounts with checks to be printed" - I printed microsoft knowledge ase article 313373 with gives me a resolution that is either incorrect or that I'm not going correctly. Help! If you have more checks to print does it want to print them? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q91. "Marcia R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019701c3b14a$bc496a10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In microsoft money - I can no longer print checks - I > keep get...

2004 Mac Microsoft Excel: Lost corner! Can shrink the window!!
I am new to Mac, so if anyone can tell me how to fix this problem I have, it will be appreciated. When I launch Excel, open an existing file by choosing 'open' under 'File' at toolbar, Excel opens up a window to show all the files, folders etc. from my computer HD and extermal HD etc. in one window with the tile 'Open: Microsoft Excel'. Somehow, this winow in my Excel program has corner push down out of screen. Therefore, I can not grab the corner to shrink the window to fit my computer screen. I barely see 'Cancel' and 'Open' icons at the bottom of the...

Ganhar umas massas/Earn real money !!! #6
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

How to transfer AutoCorrect entries from Word 2002 for Windows
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, <br><br>I have a friend who has built up a *massive* AutoCorrect file from many years of using Word 2002 on a Windows PC. Most are plain text, but a small number are formatted. He now (thankfully!) has a MacBook with Office 2004 and wants to know how he can move all of his AutoCorrect entries across to work under Word for Mac. I know where the AutoCorrect file is stored on his Mac (in the ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft folder), but it appears to be a completely different format to the corresponding file from his PC. &...

Money clone?
I have Money 2002 on the home XP box that I use to track some investments. My laptop is a win 98 machine with no financial programs on it. Is there a freeware program I can use that is compatible with Microsoft Money? I only have recovery CD's that came with the desktop and they won't run on the laptop. Rather not have to buy Money and install on the laptop since there is minimal memory and HD space. ...

Categorie transfer
Is there a tool or easy way to move categories that were created in Outlook 2003 to 2007 A colleague of mine hacked the registry to get them across - is there an approved way. This is for clean installs, so not as an upgrade The registry thing is usually the easiest way to move them... "Microsoft" <rob_atkinson@msn.com> wrote in message news:FAC05BE8-13A5-47E6-B040-CA19A0A6117E@microsoft.com... > Is there a tool or easy way to move categories that were created in > Outlook 2003 to 2007 > > A colleague of mine hacked the registry to get them across - is ther...

Transfer between accounts #4
Hi, I'm using 2008 deluxe edition. I use online service to update my bank and credit card accounts. I came across one post (Subject: funds transfer to another account) in which 'Dick Watson' suggested using special category 'Transfer' for transaction where money is transfered from bank to credit card. But I'm facing problem here, when I select 'Transfer' category in bank, it adds new entry in credit card account, but due to online update that entry is already present there, so now I have 2 credit entries in credit card account. Is there any way to avoid ...

Money 2007 Premium Application Error
Hi, I started getting an application error while in Money and now can't get into it at all. I get error message unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at 0x7813e792. I've uninstalled the application then reinstalled it using the CD an I get the error message. It occurs after entering my passowrd when the Home page is displayed. Any thoughts? -- John ...

Intercompany (different currencies) bank transfers via GL
Hi there, I am trying to process bank transactions (cut checks) between two companies that have different functioning currencies (CAD and USD). I was able to accomplish this with a Payables Entry Transaction using the Distributions tab (and then posting Purchasing Series Batch and Financial Series Batch to send to destination company) but cannot replicate the same effect using a General Ledger Transaction. Can anyone please shed some light on this? TIA, Steve ...

Scheduled Bills/Deposits being deleted by MSN Money!
Money 2k4 Deluxe and Money Central, win xp pro sp-1 tho I doubt this matter.. I have about 2 dozen scheduled bills or deposits set up. When I sync my account with MSN Money, I lose a number of these, they simply aren't listed anymore, although about 10 or so remain. For the life of me, I can't figure out WHY this is happening. For the moment, I'm simply not syncing with MSN money, but that's a less than optimal solution, as it means I have to manually download electronic statements for half a dozen bank accounts. I have before and after screenshots of the bills page, if seeing ...