transactions without saved payee missing from report

I am a treasurer for a charity and have been using money to track the
accounts (because I foolishly believed that it was better than paper)

I have a customised money cashflow report that I need to show all
transactions, so I do the following:
1. select all categories (click on select all button) - this is on the
category tab
2. select all  payees (click on select all button) on the payee tab

But I have just discovered that for a transaction where I chose not to
add the payee to my list of payees that it is missing from the report.
In otherwords I can only report on transactions for which I chose to
add the payee to the list.

To be clear the transaction has a payee "Mr Smith" but the list of
payees does not have "Mr Smith" so the report does not show Mr Smiths
transactions.

This is a diaster!

So my questions are;

1. Is there a way to fix this? (without upgrading)
2. Can I identify all transactions that will have fallen down this
crack (where no payee saved)

0
xplorer (1)
7/4/2006 10:52:54 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

What is the report you started with? (There is no "cashflow report".)? What
version of Money?

I would suggest you start with Account Transactions.

<xplorer@actrix.gen.nz> wrote in message
>I am a treasurer for a charity and have been using money to track the
> accounts (because I foolishly believed that it was better than paper)
>
> I have a customised money cashflow report that I need to show all
> transactions, so I do the following:
> 1. select all categories (click on select all button) - this is on the
> category tab
> 2. select all  payees (click on select all button) on the payee tab
>
> But I have just discovered that for a transaction where I chose not to
> add the payee to my list of payees that it is missing from the report.
> In otherwords I can only report on transactions for which I chose to
> add the payee to the list.
>
> To be clear the transaction has a payee "Mr Smith" but the list of
> payees does not have "Mr Smith" so the report does not show Mr Smiths
> transactions.
>
> This is a diaster!
>
> So my questions are;
>
> 1. Is there a way to fix this? (without upgrading)
> 2. Can I identify all transactions that will have fallen down this
> crack (where no payee saved)

Recommendations Reporting Services 2008
Can anyone give me their recommendations on what manual to get to learn SSRS 2008? - I am between a beginner and intermediate in writing SQL queries. Your response is appreciated. Thanks -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-programming/201004/1 On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 18:59:41 GMT, "Chamark via SQLMonster.com" <u21870@uwe> wrote: >Can anyone give me their recommendations on what manual to get to learn SSRS >2008? - I am between a beginner and intermediate in writing SQL queries. >Your response is appr...

extra pages on reports
hello all. I have the same issue with 2 reports that I have created. They both have sub-reports attached to them. The problem is that each report has a blank page in addition to the report. How can I delete the blank page from the report format? Any help would be appreciated. ...

Fiscal Year settings and reporting
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59F4A.30DC56F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi: I know that Fiscal year settings are once and for all. No changes can = take place in it. Is it possible to set the period to monthly and then = roll up by quarter? Can we generate quarterly reports if we select = month? =20 Thanks any help is appreciated.... --=20 Mansoor Awan=20 ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59F4A.30DC56F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfe...

Form Information to Report
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. First of all, i created a form with multiply text boxes with complex calculations in each text box. When you move from one record to another record, each text box will change due to the calculation. Now what i need to do is to create a separate report for each record. I started creating a report by copying and pasting the text boxes from the form to report in design mode. If at anytime the calculation changes, i don't want to change the calculation on the form and also on the report. (to much of chance of forgetting to change bo...

Missing menu item--how do I get it back?
I am trying to get the news reader feature to work within my Outlook. I have added the News item to the Go menu but it does not show up there after it started once. Noe the news item no longer show when I go to Customize|commands|Go Any help would be great on how to get it back. I have already tried a reinstall and repair but those did not help. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the &quo...

Page Break in Access Report
How do I get rid of the last page break in a report? The last page of my report is always followed by a blank page. Hi CC, How many pages is your report? If it is normally only one page, then the last page would be page 2. One possible cause of this symptom is having a report that is too wide. For example, if you are printing Portrait, on 8 1/2" X 11" paper, the following applies: 8.5 <= Left Margin + Report Width + Right Margin If your report is more than one page of data, and the sum of the above three settings is greater than 8.5 inches, then the classic sympto...

Most Missed features in 1.2?
Hi Has anyone got a list of most wants or personal interpretations on the most missed features of 1.2, so I can appreciate best what v2.0 is likely to deliver to impove on it also? Also in respect of what areas are most dying for addons, so we can determine if any addons are out there that can fill in the missing holes. Thank you Tony http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.crm&p=1&tid=b89ce2ea-65e1-463e-adc2-2d8d50f42e01 Thats interesting, thanks &quo...

Conditional Printing of Certain Fields in A Report
i need to have a conditional printing of some fields (SEE BELOW) VENDOR SHARE $999.99 LESS TAX $999.99 country ENGLAND tax (%) 20% AMT DUE $999.99 how do I print only these 5 lines when the tax amount is not zero. Also how do i combine line 2,3 & 4 and looks like LESS ENGLAND (20%) TAX instead. I tried doing the following: ="LESS" & [COUNTRY] &"(" &[TAX (%)] &")" in the control source but i got a #ERROR error Any help would be appreciated. Kevin T <Kevin T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i need to...

VBA to create series of workbooks need to add code to skip creating a report if no lines meet criteria
Hi All, I need some assistance as where I'm at with this report is far beyond my level of knowledge and I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I've created a template that creates a report and displays variances based on the "search criteria" which is defined in another worksheet and hides any rows that are equal to Zero and are between the value (>= -5000 AND <= +5000) and what I'm trying to figure out is if there are no rows visible within the report then it should not save the report (that way I don't email a blank works...

Where does entourage save email?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Hello, I'm new to the forum but have recently experienced some issues with Entourage. My Sent Items were mysteriously deleted yesterday. When I started poking around, and did a search for some email using Spotlight, I found an email message then hit &quot;Get Info&quot; and saw that all my email are located in Users/***/Library/Caches/Entourage/2008/Main Identity/Messages/. I don't know if this is just the way it is, of if I need to do something, but thought I should see if anyon...

Save chart (that's on a chart sheet) to html file?
In Excel 2007, is it no longer possible to publish a chart that is on object in a worksheet to an html file? In Excel 2003, you had the option to choose a chart as the item to publish. That no longer seems to be available. ...

Out of Office Assitant Missing!!! Anyone got info on this?
My "Out of Office Assitant" is missing and the "Help" menu is not of any help. I'm using Windows XP. I know I've used it in the past on this computer but now it is nowhere to be found. Any suggestions? Thanks, Celtic Dog Dear Celtic, If your Outlook on this computer is not connected to an Exchange Server, then there will be no Out of Office Assistant. The Out of Office Assistant is only available in "networked" versions of Outlook. Bob Sullivan "Celtic Dog" wrote: > My "Out of Office Assitant" is missing and the "He...

Table fields not appearing in report writer
I have created an add-in app for GP. With the app are reports. When I go into Great Plains in the Report Writer and modify the report I need to create a relationship with existing GP tables. When I am in the Report Writer and I choose the MY table and look at the table, I can see all the fields. When I go to create a relationship, I click the Relationship button, select Great Plains for the product, select the table I want and choose the index. In the portion of the form where you associate one field with another, the secondard table (GP) shows the fields that are in the index. H...

How can I count unique values in a query in the report footer
Am using Access 2003 I have a report that gives me the count of the status of individuals . This works fine as long is there is only one record in the query (in my query there is one record per month). When I query 12 months (individuals may appear in various months) it counts each record of an individual. For Example in a query considering 12 months for a widow Jones it may count her 12 times and for a survivor named Smith may count her 8 times: Widows 12 Survivors 8 I would like to add a count in the report footer that will tell me how many unique individuals I have in the repo...

Trouble with Save as Webpage
I am making a webpage from an XLS file. Somehow the process picks up a text box that I deleted days ago - I cannot find it on the worksheet but it's on the webpage Is there a VBA procedure to do a total cleanup? Many thanks -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email Try this If you want to delete all objects/controls on a worksheet you can do it manual like this: 1. Press F5 2. Click on Special 3. Choose Objects 4. OK 5. Press the Delete button -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH...

delete rows containing blank/missing values
I have very large database( almost 500,000 ) that contains road characteristic readings in two columns taken by a highly sophisticated instrument . I would like to remove the rows that the instrument missed to take the reading. Could some one help me in doing this. The normal technique would be to construct a SELECT query that returns only the rows you want. What distinguishes these rows from the others? On 10 Mar 2007 21:47:50 -0800, prasanna.kusam@gmail.com wrote: >I have very large database( almost 500,000 ) that contains road >characteristic readings in two columns taken by a hi...

Excel worksheet saved as web page--trouble printing
I have an worksheet that uses a graphic for a background, which I hav also saved in HTML using the Save as a Web Page option. The web pag looks great--but just like the excel background graphic, th "background" graphic in the webpage won't print out for me. Is there any way to fix this so that the graphic will print when print the web page? Thanks--Ki -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com check the background printing options within the tools, options menu and also the printer properties. hope that helped. >-----Original Message----- >I have an workshee...

Need program to ask me to save changes when closing
Hi My wife has excel 2003 and she at times closes the program and the file she is working on will close without saving the changes. My machine always asks me if I want to save the changes made. I can not find out how to enable this, please help. My auto save is also not working any ideas. Thank you. Some functions are volatile, if you are using a workbook with any volatile function in it regardless if you do anything it will ask you if you want to save the changes or are you saying that if you open up a new workbook, then close it again it will ask you to save it? -- Regards, Peo ...

How do I print save as files?
Someone sent me an excel spreadsheet. I made some corrections and saved it in the save as option. Now its in OLKD and I can not print it or send it back to the customer with the corrections because it can not open. I am totally new at this.Please can someone help me open it for review and to print and maybe move it? Thanks in Advance.Molly You didn't do a Save As and change the directory. It was a temp directory and may or may not be available. If there's any hope, this is it: http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How...

Downloaded transactions balance not equal to registers transaction balance
Using MS Money 2003 and online services to download transactions from my credit card account. I just downloaded the latest transactions from my account today and though 1 particular transaction has posted to the online account, Money didn't download it and put it in the register for my credit card account. It DID, however, change the balance to reflect the correct amount under the "Downloaded" info section in the upper left of the credit card register screen. I have run salvage with no luck?! In microsoft.public.money, Bill Unger wrote: >Using MS Money 2003 and online s...

Import Export Wizard and Archive function missing under FILE
I have to reinstall my office XP and tried to import my previous settings. However I do not have the option under the FILE menu to Import/Export or Archive. Anyone know how to get this function back? cheers, John. johnkeogh@vexinc.com ...

saving
i have some VB code that i am going to use so that when a user closes the spreadsheet it saves the original "book" and saves a copy "Book1" the next time it saves it will increment to "book2" but also save the original. i'm not sure if this is the right code to use or where to use it. i need to save any changes to a new version initially then each time it is opened and changes are carried out there is a backup copy made of the last version. Also if a backup copy is made the VB code isn't saved with it as that copy could be opened , change and saved...

Report not functionning in Money 2007
Hi ! I just finished the upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2007. Everything went fine except that the Report function no longer work. Every time i try to get a report, the "Loading" stays there forever and nothing happen. Does someone has a clue of what is happening ? Andr� Hi Andre, I am using Money 2006 was also experiencing the problem you described where I would attempt to generate a report, would get the pie chart and then the "Loading" message and nothing would happen. I converted over from Quicken in 2005. I was only experiencing this problem when I tr...

Characters not displaying in Reports
Hi I have a problem where certain characters are not displaying when i print reports. An example of the characters would be: ĨħĪĩčċ‹ēĖĖĝĜ which when they are printed within the report come out as: ??????‹????? Is there any reason for it doing this? Is there any way to get the report to display these characters? The reason I would like the characters displayed is due to the Romanian language using some of those said characters. "Are you sick" becomes "eşti tu bolnav?" where the 'ş' is displayed as '?' Thank you very much in advance If this is just...

Exporting CRM Reports Gives Error
Hi All, Whenever I try to export or print any CRM reports I recieve the following error: Line: 122 Char: 2 Error: ix is undefined Code: 0 URL: http://10.1.1.140/reports/viewer/html/toolbar.aspx?id=4629 I get the same error on all reports, both custom and standard. It is happening on both thick and thin clients with different versions of office installed. Anyone got any ideas please? MS Support unfortunately have yet to come up with a solution. Thanks Simon ... is this happening from all your workstations? i e can you print from one but not another? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft...