Transactions downloading into the incorrect account

Hi, I just switched from Money 2004 to Money 2007. At one of my financial 
institutions, I have both a savings and checking account that I have to 
manually download directly from their site as they do not support direct 
download into Money. When I was using Money 2004, I only downloaded into the 
checking account and the download worked properly.  Now that I'm using Money 
2007, when I download my checking information, it downloads into my savings 
account.

I've read through the other posts and tried deleting the financial 
institution (in the account details), but it was to no avail. Does anyone 
else have any thoughts? That it besides for creating a new account and moving 
all the contents from the current account.

Thank you.
0
Jim8980 (510)
2/10/2007 7:44:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

11 Replies
432 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:

>Hi, I just switched from Money 2004 to Money 2007. At one of my financial 
>institutions, I have both a savings and checking account that I have to 
>manually download directly from their site as they do not support direct 
>download into Money. When I was using Money 2004, I only downloaded into the 
>checking account and the download worked properly.  Now that I'm using Money 
>2007, when I download my checking information, it downloads into my savings 
>account.
>
>I've read through the other posts and tried deleting the financial 
>institution (in the account details), but it was to no avail.

Blank the FI for the savings account. You tried that? Did that part
succeed, or what? 



> Does anyone 
>else have any thoughts? That it besides for creating a new account and moving 
>all the contents from the current account.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/10/2007 8:05:21 PM
No Cal, deleting the financial institution did not correct the problem, I 
even tried to close the account. After deleting the financial institution and 
closing the account, I tried to dowload the financial information again and 
the information was downloaded to the closed account without a financial 
institution. The software did not request another acount into which to 
download.

Thanks for the reply.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:
> 
> >Hi, I just switched from Money 2004 to Money 2007. At one of my financial 
> >institutions, I have both a savings and checking account that I have to 
> >manually download directly from their site as they do not support direct 
> >download into Money. When I was using Money 2004, I only downloaded into the 
> >checking account and the download worked properly.  Now that I'm using Money 
> >2007, when I download my checking information, it downloads into my savings 
> >account.
> >
> >I've read through the other posts and tried deleting the financial 
> >institution (in the account details), but it was to no avail.
> 
> Blank the FI for the savings account. You tried that? Did that part
> succeed, or what? 
> 
> 
> 
> > Does anyone 
> >else have any thoughts? That it besides for creating a new account and moving 
> >all the contents from the current account.
> 
> 
0
Jim8980 (510)
2/10/2007 8:19:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:

>No Cal, deleting the financial institution did not correct the problem,

Let's be excessively clear: when you look at the box in the account
settings for that account, the account name box is blank. Right?


> I 
>even tried to close the account. After deleting the financial institution and 
>closing the account, I tried to dowload the financial information again and 
>the information was downloaded to the closed account without a financial 
>institution. The software did not request another acount into which to 
>download.
>
>Thanks for the reply.
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:
>> 
>> >Hi, I just switched from Money 2004 to Money 2007. At one of my financial 
>> >institutions, I have both a savings and checking account that I have to 
>> >manually download directly from their site as they do not support direct 
>> >download into Money. When I was using Money 2004, I only downloaded into the 
>> >checking account and the download worked properly.  Now that I'm using Money 
>> >2007, when I download my checking information, it downloads into my savings 
>> >account.
>> >
>> >I've read through the other posts and tried deleting the financial 
>> >institution (in the account details), but it was to no avail.
>> 
>> Blank the FI for the savings account. You tried that? Did that part
>> succeed, or what? 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> > Does anyone 
>> >else have any thoughts? That it besides for creating a new account and moving 
>> >all the contents from the current account.
>> 
>> 
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/10/2007 8:34:12 PM

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:
> 
> >No Cal, deleting the financial institution did not correct the problem,
> 
> Let's be excessively clear: when you look at the box in the account
> settings for that account, the account name box is blank. Right?


Cal, the account name is not blank, the financial institution is blank. The 
software will not allow me to make the account name blank.
0
Jim8980 (510)
2/10/2007 8:46:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:

>
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:
>> 
>> >No Cal, deleting the financial institution did not correct the problem,
>> 
>> Let's be excessively clear: when you look at the box in the account
>> settings for that account, the account name box is blank. Right?
>
>
>Cal, the account name is not blank, the financial institution is blank. The 
>software will not allow me to make the account name blank.

Oops. That's what I meant to type. Dang.

I would contact Microsoft to see if they have a solution for that.

If you bought Microsoft Money 2007, go to Help->AboutMicrosoftMoney,
and write down the Serial number. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/money and proceed from there. After
clicking Money 2007, note the Contacts item which will lead you to
"Contact a Support Professional by Email, Online, or Phone."
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/10/2007 9:05:20 PM
"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:52469140-635C-482C-A38B-604519D6FEA7@microsoft.com...
>
> Cal, the account name is not blank, the financial institution is blank. 
> The
> software will not allow me to make the account name blank.

Consider:

Add the same bank name back to that account. Tweak the account number by 
adding an X or something like that. The bank in question is obviously still 
enabled for online banking. Go to manage online services and discontinue 
them for that bank. Beware that doing so affects other accounts, as well. 
If you have any scheduled bills (apay or epay), cancel the bills before 
discontinuing services.

After that, renew online banking services but pick advanced. Doing so 
permits you to ignore specific accounts. Skip the problem account. After 
completing setup, recreate any scheduled bills you canceled in the previous 
step.
-- 
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL



0
spam_magnet (1210)
2/11/2007 3:41:39 AM
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 22:41:39 -0500, "Chris Cowles"
<spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Consider:
>
>Add the same bank name back to that account. Tweak the account number by 
>adding an X or something like that. The bank in question is obviously still 
>enabled for online banking. Go to manage online services and discontinue 
>them for that bank. Beware that doing so affects other accounts, as well. 
>If you have any scheduled bills (apay or epay), cancel the bills before 
>discontinuing services.
>
>After that, renew online banking services but pick advanced. Doing so 
>permits you to ignore specific accounts. Skip the problem account. After 
>completing setup, recreate any scheduled bills you canceled in the previous 
>step.
>-- 
>Chris Cowles
>Gainesville, FL
>
>
Chris,

I kind of in the same situation as the original poster, my old bank
had the direct connection into money, but it was sold to an another
bank which does not. You have to do everything on their web site (they
do let you download a file (OFX) into money, but you do not have to
enable them in online services in money - this new bank is not even
listed there. I think the ordinal posted is in a similar situation if
I do not have things confused - theirs no third party thing with this
bank either. 

Jim
0
2/11/2007 2:07:38 PM
Cal, as you suggested, I contacted Microsoft help services and they were able 
to solve my problem, are you interested in the fix?

/jim

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:
> 
> >
> >
> >"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:
> >> 
> >> >No Cal, deleting the financial institution did not correct the problem,
> >> 
> >> Let's be excessively clear: when you look at the box in the account
> >> settings for that account, the account name box is blank. Right?
> >
> >
> >Cal, the account name is not blank, the financial institution is blank. The 
> >software will not allow me to make the account name blank.
> 
> Oops. That's what I meant to type. Dang.
> 
> I would contact Microsoft to see if they have a solution for that.
> 
> If you bought Microsoft Money 2007, go to Help->AboutMicrosoftMoney,
> and write down the Serial number. Go to
> http://support.microsoft.com/money and proceed from there. After
> clicking Money 2007, note the Contacts item which will lead you to
> "Contact a Support Professional by Email, Online, or Phone."
> 
0
Jim8980 (510)
2/11/2007 6:55:03 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:

>Cal, as you suggested, I contacted Microsoft help services and they were able 
>to solve my problem, are you interested in the fix?

Yes. Please post that into a reply.


>
>/jim
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:
>> 
>> >
>> >
>> >"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>> >
>> >> In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:
>> >> 
>> >> >No Cal, deleting the financial institution did not correct the problem,
>> >> 
>> >> Let's be excessively clear: when you look at the box in the account
>> >> settings for that account, the account name box is blank. Right?
>> >
>> >
>> >Cal, the account name is not blank, the financial institution is blank. The 
>> >software will not allow me to make the account name blank.
>> 
>> Oops. That's what I meant to type. Dang.
>> 
>> I would contact Microsoft to see if they have a solution for that.
>> 
>> If you bought Microsoft Money 2007, go to Help->AboutMicrosoftMoney,
>> and write down the Serial number. Go to
>> http://support.microsoft.com/money and proceed from there. After
>> clicking Money 2007, note the Contacts item which will lead you to
>> "Contact a Support Professional by Email, Online, or Phone."
>> 
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/11/2007 7:03:36 PM

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote:
> 
> >Cal, as you suggested, I contacted Microsoft help services and they were able 
> >to solve my problem, are you interested in the fix?
> 
> Yes. Please post that into a reply.

Cal, I wasn't sure you continued to read old posts and didn't want to waste 
time creating a response.

Microsoft's response was: Try method 3 in this article 
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910214/en-us.

Method 3 is:
If the steps that are listed in Method 1 does not resolve the issue, you can 
change your account currency settings to force Money to enable you to 
re-associate your account. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Start Money. 
2. On the Account list , right-click the account that the statement is 
incorrectly being imported into, and then click Account Details. 
3. Change the Currency from US Dollars or your current currency selection to 
anything else. 
4. Click Done. 
5. On the Tools menu, point to Internet Updates, and then click Update Now. 
This will perform an update of your online quotes and exchange rates. 
6. When the update is completed, close Money. 
7. Start Money. 
8. Try to import your online statement. You will receive a warning message 
that states that the currencies do not mach. Click OK. 
9. Import your statement again. You are prompted to select the account that 
you want to import the information into. 
10. When the import is completed, follow steps 2 through 4 to change your 
currency back to US Dollars or your previous currency selection.

Thanks again for your help.

0
Jim8980 (510)
2/11/2007 7:16:01 PM
Essentially, using the wrong currency breaks the association, allowing you 
to reassociate it with the correct account?
-- 
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:2992250D-66ED-428E-9F64-3F621706E2B8@microsoft.com...
>
> 9. Import your statement again. You are prompted to select the account 
> that
> you want to import the information into.
> 10. When the import is completed, follow steps 2 through 4 to change your
> currency back to US Dollars or your previous currency selection. 


0
spam_magnet (1210)
2/11/2007 8:16:50 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Import Contacts,Accounts and KB
All, I will highly appriciate if anyone could kindly let me know how to import bunch of Contact (1200),Account(1020) and KBs(2000). Currently my MS CRM Server was crashed and unable to repair it. but by luckily i have backup of all contacts,accounts and Kbs in CVS format. But i don't know how to import these files in to my New MS CRM 3.0. Your early response will be much appriciated. Many Thanks, Regards, Syed. more to this... i am unable to restore the databae as well.... database backups are as. crmlive_METABASE_db_20080809.BAK crmlive_MSCRM_db_20080809.BAK crmlive_MSCRM_tlog_2...

uploading 2 or more mailboxes on 1 user account
I was able to reconnect 1 mailbox to 1 user account, but what i' looking is the way wherein i can reconnect 2 or more mailboxes into user account because instead of giving a 1:1 user account to eac person we will be replacing it and giving them an account per area Hence they already have their own personal account we will b deleting it; How can i put all their messages from their persona account into the single account that we wil be giving to them Hi, More than one mailbox per account is not possible in Exchange 200x. You can do that with Exchange 5.x Regards, -- Menko den Ouden ...

Setting up new email account in outlook with Gmail
I am using Outlook 2003 and i have been trying to set up a new email account from my Gmail (google mail) account and i keep getting a error message saying it cant connect to either the incoming or outgoing servers. i have the incoming server SSL set to 995 and the outgoing SSL to 465. i did everything gmail told me to do.. and i was connected to the internet. can anyone help me please. thanks Do you have any firewall (hardware or software) sitting between you & the Internet that could be blocking those ports? "Dustin" <Dustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Automatically Purging Transaction Logs
Hello, I am running Exchange Server 2003 and am looking for a method to aoutomatically purge transaction log files after succesful back up. Can anyone give me a good method of doing this? Thanks in advance. A successful backup automatically purges the transaction logs (if you're using Exchange-aware backup sw) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Hunter" <Hunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DF7D5C6-5422-4FAB-BC45-E9284E8F0CB9@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am running Exchange Server 2003 and am looking for a ...

Income from Tax deferred Retirement account (Canadian RIFF, simila
...

Accounts and Contacts 01-30-04
Hi, I have installed the 1.2 version on a test server to look at and have a question. I can allocated contacts to accounts, and I can allocate quotes to accounts or customers. However, if allocate a quote to a contact, I cannot see the quote from the contacts associated account sales screen. If I allocate the quote to an account, I do not know which contact in the company that I sent it to. I assume I have missed something obvious here. In other CRM packages I have looked at, the links between contact and company (account) would allow this. Our customers are all hospitals in the UK with ...

Ethernet
PB5.0 - PXA270 I have two questions 1) Currently we are downloading the wince image thro' ethernet. from PB. I want to download the image from SD card I understand I need a driver in bootloader to access the SD card and I need to understand the filesystem as well. Is this possible at all? What are other things I should go. Are there any reference code to do this? 2) I have one serial port (FFUART) dedicated for debug messages. Now we want this port right from bootloader stage from some other purpose. Can I redirect the debug messages over some unused address space or...

Is your microsoft office outlook download update looping?
-- PackersFAN In article <3F7B4D82-187F-4022-BF52-C085A98CF410@microsoft.com>, lambeau@discussions.microsoft.com says... > If you're talking about the outlook (hotmail) connector - yep - that's what it does for several of us it seems. Use this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e- 41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en Or if you cannot unwrap, get the link is connected to from this page: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx -- Duncan. Yes, I am experiencing same thing. "...

Order of transactions #2
Hi, I'd like to change the order that transactions appear on the same day (in Money 2005) so that deposits go in first and withdrawals second. This has come from a bank (qif) file. Should I use the number column? Thanks. You can use the number column. There is no other way--entry order will be used if date and num are the same. "Kel" <Kel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BB8EF25-0BA9-4F77-82E4-3528DD1E8A40@microsoft.com... > Hi, I'd like to change the order that transactions appear on the same day > (in > Money 2005) so that deposits go...

Error message needed if incorrect Date Of Birth (DOB) entered
Hi, In cell D6 I have a DOB entered....in cell E6 I have a datedif function that has 3 conditional formatting set as: 1 - If D6 is blank, E6 is blank. 2 - If DOB in D6 is between 18 - 24 then E6 shows age and cell is yellow. 3 - If DOB in D6 is 25 or over then E6 shows age and cell is blue. What I need is when a DOB is entered in D6 under 16 years old, then D6 returns an error message -" You have Entered an Age under 16 Years - Retry!! ". I have tried Data Validation, but cant get a message from tha as I dont know what to set as the date validation. I do need a...

Downloading bank account info
Money does not record the downloaded information into the register. The file downloads from the bank and the dialog box opens but after answering questions the information is not entered into the register. The problem is with one account and not with another. In microsoft.public.money, Daniel Kamm wrote: >Money does not record the downloaded information into the >register. The file downloads from the bank and the >dialog box opens but after answering questions the >information is not entered into the register. The problem >is with one account and not with another. C...

selective e-mail download from pop3 server.
I am running Office 2007 ultimate. I am setting up a new VAIO laptop running Win 7 64 bit. Our family e-mail system uses the following rubric: name1@hostname.isp.co.uk, name2@hostname.isp.co.uk, etc. The software that is distributed by the isp will sort incoming e-mails and put name1's mail into her letterbox and name2 into mine etc. But...the isp software does not run on win7 64bit. Is it possible to configure outlook to only download name1's email into the inbox? Please advise. Not unless the mail acounts are unique, ie seperate username / password Who is the...

Find NTFS permissions for an account
We need to use an application that runs as a number of windows services. Those services run under a local user account that was created when the application was installed. We need those accounts to be Windows 2008 Domain level accounts (the services will be set up to access files on other servers, not the way the application is designed, but for up-time reasons we want those files on our fail-over file server). We don't know what permissions were given to the accounts. We could go through manually looking at permissions on every directory to see whether they are there ...

Money 2005 Trial Download Gone! Stuck...
I bought the download edition of money 2005, re-installed my system, but don't have the "Trial" version of Money 2005 to install/upgrade to the full paid for version (download). Now that 2006 is out that's all i can find... Am I forced to upgrade? Or is there a place I can still find this? In microsoft.public.money, Hrrglburf wrote: >I bought the download edition of money 2005, re-installed my system, >but don't have the "Trial" version of Money 2005 to install/upgrade to >the full paid for version (download). Now that 2006 is out that's all i &...

Downloading QuickenCard data
If I start using Money instead of Quicken, will I still be able to download transactions from my Quicken VISA into Money? Thanks, Neal Stublen In microsoft.public.money, Neal Stublen wrote: >If I start using Money instead of Quicken, will I still be able to download >transactions from my Quicken VISA into Money? I don't specifically know. I expect yes, and the data will come from Visa-- not Quicken. You can try the trial version to see. ...

Recreate Active Directory Account Failed Reconnect to Old Mailbox
Windows 2000 Active Directory / Exchange 2000 Environment. A user account was having permissions issues. The account was deleted from active directory. A new account, identical in all specs was made. The new account may have been set to create a new mail box. As a result, the new user has no emails and the old mailbox is still there sitting unattached. Since the user already has an account / email, we can't reconnect the mailbox to the user account. I suspect that the course of action next is to. 1) Delete the new account which will disconnect the new empty mailbox. 2) Purge the em...

Deleting inactive accounts that have zero balance for entire year
How do you delete inactive accounts that have a zero balance for the entire year? We have an account that is inactive that carried over into 2008 that will have no postings in 2008 that we would like to delete. Thanks for all help in advance. -- Dave Christman System Developer Dave - From GP - Cards|Financial|Account>>>type in the account you want and click the delete button. That is the cleanest way out. "Dave Christman" wrote: > How do you delete inactive accounts that have a zero balance for the entire > year? We have an account that is inactive that car...

Unaccepted transactions not showing up
I have had no problems before but today I updated my accounts and every account says it has transactions but no are showing up. I can even select accept all tranactions and nothing happens, It still says I have transactions to accept. Has anyone had this problem and does anyone know what I can do> I have rebooted already but that is the extent of my fix... Please help. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, xanadu99 wrote: >I have had no problems before but today I updated my accounts and every >account says it has transactions but no are showing up. I can even select >ac...

Receivings Transaction Entry from eConnect
I am writing an eConnect program to load purchasing data (Transactions, Purchasing, Receivings Transaction Entry) into GP9. I am using the <taPopRcptLineInsert> and <taPopRcptHdrInsert> schemas to load the data. I am having trouble finding and populating the correct combination of fields to get this to load. One problem seems to be with .UnitCost. Although I am populating the field, there is no .UnitCost field created in the XML file. Can someone send me an example, with sample data, of what the XML file should look like to load the following sample data? *****************...

Download imports into wrong account
A while ago i incorrectly selected an account to download into and cannot get rid of it for the life of me. The association with the wrong account sticks. What happens, I download from institution A. I selected that should be institution B and it always puts that download into the account for institution B. I'd like to break the link to institution B so it will correctly put it into the account for A. I've tried going through and renaming accounts to no avail. I've downloaded the OFX files and played with changing account numbers in them, also no luck Any help much appr...

Sending e-mail with attachment to all Contacts of an Account
Hi, My sales people want to send out e-mails to all the contacts of their accounts. the process they want to follow is : Open-up Account , click on contact and highlight all the contact and send an e-mail, they want to be able to attach a PDF or some other document to this e-mail as well. They DON'T want to individually select each activity later-on and attach document and click Send e-mail either. Any ideas as to how to accomplish this with as less number of clicks as possible ? Thanks for your help, Kishore Hi Kishore, Are you interested in custom solutions?. If so please...

msn.com pop3 account
when i setup my pop3 account in outlook it won't retrieve my emails. pop3.email.msn.com and smtp.email.msn.com it keeps asking me to input my password. but if i go to hotmail.com it lets me in. is there a way around this. thanks I don't think MSN offers POP3 retrieval anymore (but I could be more) "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010401c39de5$13d45520$a001280a@phx.gbl... > when i setup my pop3 account in outlook it won't retrieve > my emails. pop3.email.msn.com and smtp.email.msn.com it > keeps asking me to input my...

Multiple Accounts #9
I configured several accounts in OL2003. Two of them are IMAP. Recently one of the IMAP accounts didn't display correct sender address for outgoing messages. Instead it took default account address. I removed the IMAP account and created it again. Unfortunately, the situation persisted. There is a rule to upload outgoing message to server -- with "message" form and move a copy to a folder in server. Is there anyone gets a clue? Thanks. Charles Charles Leung <charles@NOSPAM.com> wrote: > I configured several accounts in OL2003. Two of them are IMAP. Re...

Line Item comments in SOP Transaction in Sales Line Item Smartlist
The Sales Line Item smartlist, comment fields (Comment 1, Comment 2...) seems to be picking up comment from the transaction level comment text rather than line item comment text entered in Sales Item detail entry screen. Seems illogical to me. It should pick comment text from Line item details rather than transaction level comments. Any Ideas? What version? It seems fine in 8.0. VG "Samit" wrote: > The Sales Line Item smartlist, comment fields (Comment 1, Comment 2...) > seems to be picking up comment from the transaction level comment text > rather than line item com...

Excluding multiple checking accounts from budget totals?
Howdy! Running Money06, and I have two checking accounts synching through Bank of America. Everything there is working well, but one thing that I dont like is that the totals for BOTH accounts are added together. I have two accounts, 'personal' and 'class', and both accounts are shown in the net balance statements, the 'spending by catagory' chart on the home page etc. I would like to keep synched with my class account, but want it excluded from all of the balances.. any suggestions? "Raichean" <Raichean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...