Transaction Dates Splits

If i have a cash withdrawl on Nov 30th and want to split this transaction
into different categories for where i spend the cash. The problem lies in
that when I add part of the cash to a category it stays in the month where
the withdrawl was taken.

I want the new categories to relflect December spending.

HELP ?

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_00C7_01C4D7F6.4132A020

You want to keep track of where you're spending your cash, right? What =
you need to do is create a Cash account in Money. When you do your =
withdrawl (on Nov 30), you actually transfer the money from your =
checking account to your cash account. It's a transfer and not a =
withdrawl as you haven't really spent the money yet. You just moved it =
from your checking account to your wallet. Then as you spend the money =
(in December), you create withdrawls from the cash account. There you =
can specify where you spent the money along with the category that the =
expenditure is part of.

    - The Merg

--=20
Today's problems don't worry me,
I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

"kevin" <kevin @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> If i have a cash withdrawl on Nov 30th and want to split this =
transaction=20
> into different categories for where i spend the cash. The problem lies =
in=20
> that when I add part of the cash to a category it stays in the month =
where=20
> the withdrawl was taken.=20
>=20
> I want the new categories to relflect December spending.=20
>=20
> HELP ?

------=_NextPart_000_00C7_01C4D7F6.4132A020

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You want to keep track of where you're =
spending=20
your cash, right? What you need to do is create a Cash account in Money. =
When=20
you do your withdrawl (on Nov 30), you actually transfer the money from =
your=20
checking account to your cash account. It's a transfer and not a =
withdrawl as=20
you haven't really spent the money yet. You just moved it from your =
checking=20
account to your wallet. Then as you spend the money (in December), you =
create=20
withdrawls from the cash account. There you can specify where you spent =
the=20
money along with the category that the expenditure is part =
of.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - The =
Merg</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-- <BR>Today's problems don't worry =
me,<BR>I=20
haven't solved yesterday's yet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"kevin" &lt;kevin =
@discussions.microsoft.com&gt;=20
wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:9CE7D7B0-A5C3-44BC-89B0-F5570C256D23@microsoft.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:9CE7D7B0-A5C3-44BC-89B0-F5570C256D23@microsoft.com</FONT></=
A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
If i have a cash=20
withdrawl on Nov 30th and want to split this transaction <BR>&gt; into =
different=20
categories for where i spend the cash. The problem lies in <BR>&gt; that =
when I=20
add part of the cash to a category it stays in the month where <BR>&gt; =
the=20
withdrawl was taken. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I want the new categories to =
relflect=20
December spending. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; HELP ?<BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00C7_01C4D7F6.4132A020--

In addition to The Merg's answer, you might want to read
http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=93. It amplifies on the same.

"kevin" <kevin @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If i have a cash withdrawl on Nov 30th and want to split this transaction
> into different categories for where i spend the cash. The problem lies in
> that when I add part of the cash to a category it stays in the month where
> the withdrawl was taken.
>
> I want the new categories to relflect December spending.
>
> HELP ?

Name, Date and Address Formats
Hi, I have a number of different spreadsheets that I need to impirt into a single database. Unfortunately some of the information is in different formats. Would anyone be able to provide me with a solution that can turn: A B Brown ABC Brown *A B C*Brown* Brown, A B Brown, Anthony Bernard Brown Anthony Bernard Mr A B Bernard Into separate fields for title, forename, initials & surname On a similar theme I also need to do much the same thing with addresses: 1 Victoria Road, Victoria, Victoriashire, VC1 1VC etc And lastly (for now anyway) I also have some dates that I need to ...

Short / long date format bug?
The computer is set to use the long date format and everything is OK until I make changes to a chart which causes all dates in all open worksheets to be displayed in the short date format. When excel is closed down and restarted the problem is resolved - but doing this is annoying. I can't see if this a known fault or if it has been introduced through a patch. Does anyone know anything about this strange behaviour please? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Since posting this I haven't had one response. I can't believe I'm the only user experiencing this problem. Every time I...

Compare this year/qtr/mo to date with prior year/qtr/mo to date
Hi, I'm trying to create a report that compares revenues received this year/qtr/mo/wk with revenues received last year in the comparable year/qtr/mo/wk, and additionally by sales division and sales manager. I have the data stored in a table with fields: SlsDivID, SlsMgrID, DtRecd and AmtRecd. I know I will need to use the date part function, but am not sure how to get the info in the report I need. format should be: SlsDiv - SlsMgr - CY YTD - LY YTD - G/L and % - CY QTD - LY QTD - G/L and % etc etc. I have tried pivot tables (not working) and various group and total functions (a...

Can Excel express a date with ordinals?
Wondering if excel can express mmm dd dates including their ordinal? Examples are: May 4th, October 1st, June 3rd. Thanks! Wendy Wendy, For a date in A1: =TEXT(A1,"mmmm ") & IF(DAY(A1)>0,DAY(A1)&IF(AND(DAY(A1)>10,DAY(A1)<20),"th",CHOOSE(MOD(DAY(A1),10)+1,"th","st","nd","rd","th","th","th","th","th","th")),"") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Wendy D" <WendyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:054E5E93-3B1B-4311-AB49...

splits
why does the bank download of epay transactions update the split values with old values (over-riding my newly input values)? ...

Excell & MailMerge dates
I have an excel file with dates broken down with a cell for the number in the month, a cell for the month, and a cell for the year. I used the "MMMM" for the month. In excell the cell reads "July", but when I use the cell as a data cell for mail merge in WORD I don't get the month I get the date number. Is there a way to get WORD to read the MONTH? Thanks From a previous post: You could use some helper cells and create strings for each field--then use those helper values: =text(a1,"dd-mmm-yyyy") =text(b1,"0.0") =text(c1,"#,##0.00&q...

Date Format turn to Year #2
From: learning_codes@hotmail.com - view profile Date: Thurs, Nov 16 2006 9:24 pm Email: "learning_co...@hotmail.com" <learning_co...@hotmail.com> Groups: microsoft.public.excel Not yet ratedRating: show options Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Remove | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =3DYear(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated...

Input Mask for Dates
Can I apply an input mask or custom format to cells so that users do not have to type the slashes for date entry? Thanks! Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm This requires VBA as this can't be done with formating only. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Allison wrote: > Can I apply an input mask or custom format to cells so > that users do not have to type the slashes for date > entry? Thanks! You can use some VBA code that will interpret a date that is entered with out "-" or "/". See Chip Pearson's site: ...

USA to UK Dates
I have a list of data extracted from elsewhere and the dates are in USA format i.e. mm/dd/yyyy Can excel swap this around to UK format dd/mm/yyyy ? thanks in advance -- Vass ................................................ Now: YZF-R1, CBR1100xx-x Then: A100, MBX80, XL125, CB400, FZR600, CBR600Fv Hi, Format the dates to dd/mm/yyyy Highlight the dates Format > Cells > Number tab > Date > choose the one you need If it is not in there go to Custom and put dd/mm/yyyy in the space provided under Type. HTH. -- greg7468 -------------------------------------------------...

Use combo to print report between two sets of dates
I am trying to print a report that shows timesheet entries for two sets of dates. The report also prints out based on the data entry person selected. The user selects their name and then uses another combo box to select pre entered dates. My code is as follows: Private Sub cboDates_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim FromDate As Date 'Name of criteria start timesheets date field. Dim ToDate As Date 'Name of criteria end timesheets date field. Dim FromOTDate As Date 'Name of criteria start OT date field. Dim ToOTDate As Date 'Name of criter...

Service Appointment, Activity History, and "Due Date"
When I create a service appointment in CRM, and I check the "All Day Event" check box, the schedule start and end times disappear, and the dates sync. This seems logical. However, when I look in the activity tab or the history tab the "Due Date" displays the next day. For example, I create a service appointment where the scheduled start date is 2/10/2007, and I select the "All Day Event" checkbox. The scheduled end date is set to 2/10/2007, the duration is set to 1 day, and the time fields disappear. If I view this service appointment in the activities ...

recalling credit card transaction information
Can anyone tell me how toget the cardholders name from the retail management system. We are using the intigrated credit card processor and Citibank. I just got a note from the chargeback department and they want the cardholders name. I have no clue how to get that information. Thanks, Larry unfortuately you will have to find the signature on the receipt. RMS does not capture the name :( "Larry Jenuwine" <LarryJenuwine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB1BA2C8-CC0D-40ED-9310-C2BE9CB81269@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how toget the cardho...

Dates in Excel 2007 graph axis dialogs
I work for an environmental engineering firm, and commonly create time-series and other scatterplots of numerical data using Excel. In Excel 2003, I could format a time-series scatterplot axis minimum and maximum easily by typing in the dates in short date format. Not so in 2007 - it refuses to accept dates in anything but "days elapsed since 01/01/1900" format. Is there a workaround for this? Why was it changed? It was quite useful. Overall, I'm pretty unhappy with the new Excel. It seems to have acquired a lot more layers of very questionable usefulness. Many of...

Exchange 2003 Transaction logs #3
In a backup scenario what is the consequences of not backing up the transaction logs? A company is using the product Double Take to replicate the .edb files to another location but it is not set to also replicate the transaction logs. In speaking with someone on the Tape backup of this the logs are not backed up either on tape. They seem to say that a restore of just the edb files will be OK and they are not worried that some items may be lost. Is this true? I've always heard you should ALWAYS back up the transaction logs. Thank you! On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 07:25:03 -0800, "...

chart with dates on the x-axe
how can you change the x-axe into a text x-as when the data are dates ? on specific dates a want to show a specific value. When I want to create e.g. a line-type chart, the values are ok, but the x-axe with the dates becomes a time-ax in stead of showing the real dates from the data. Is there a way to change the dates into text, without making it explicit text (with a ') because I want to use them also for calculating things. ??? -- chriske ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chriske's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

Does batch recovery result in different transaction source values?
We have a situation that we can't explain. Here are the facts: 1. User posted a Receivings transaction batch comprised of 37 different receipt transactions. 2. In the G/L, transactions #1-32 have a ORTRXSRC value of 'RECVG00001854', a TRXSORCE of 'GLTRX00037046' and an ORGNTSRC of 'RECVG00001854'. 3. In the G/L, transactions #33-37 have an ORTRXSRC value of 'GLTRX037046', a TRXSORCE of 'GLTRX00037047', and an ORGNTSRC of 'GLTRX037046'. Note the slight difference (one less zero) in the TRXSORCE and ORGNTSRC values compared to transacti...

Date Entry in Excel 2000
Hi All, We recently upgraded to 2003 and one of our users says she was able to enter a date such as 10/24/04 in Excel 2000 as 102404 when she had the cell formatted as a date. I haven't been able to reproduce it on a 2000 machine nor does it make sense to me that it would work given that a date in Excel has a numeric value which is unrelated to the digits in the date. Is she mistaken or is there a setting I don't know about which allows this? Thanks Erin She's most probably mistaken. That behavior isn't native to XL. It's possible to do this with event macros...

Split Cell into the cell
Hello people how can i split a cell in half A 1 Tom 2 dick/harry (break dick and harry) Thanks Raj To separate the two into two different columns, try......... Data > TextToColumns > using / as the delimiter.......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:159CD0DF-13E0-40A9-8CDA-3258B842BF34@microsoft.com... > Hello people how can i split a cell in half > > A > 1 Tom > 2 dick/harry (break dick and harry) > > Thanks > Raj ...

How do get the years and days Between two dates
if you had 5/1/2006 and 2/28/2002 how would you get 4.17? If 5/1/2006 is in A1 and 2/28/2002 is in A2, then maybe: =(a1-a2)/365 or =(a1-a2)/365.25 But if you're trying to find differences between dates, you may want to take a look at =datedif(). You can find lots of info at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm (=datedif() was only documented in xl2k's help.) jhon doe wrote: > > if you had 5/1/2006 and 2/28/2002 how would you get 4.17? -- Dave Peterson ...

Mass change of transaction types to Transfer trouble. Suggestions
background: I am currently using Money 05 and have transfers forms on. In 2002 I had money all up to date in my banking life and stopped using it because of one problem or another. I just logged onto each of my banks and downloded all the missing information to date. In one bank I have a checking and savings account in. The file I downloaded from the bank has transfers incorrectly marked as deposits and withdrawls and nothing linked together. I also have money 07 trial installed on a different pc running a copy of the above database (for testing.) What I want to do is select all ...

dates as minimum axis values
Excel versions prior to Excel 2007 allowed dates to be entered as minimum axis values for XY charts on the axis format scale menu. In Excel 2007 when I attempt to enter a date as a minimum value, i.e. attempting to enter 1-1-2007 with the Fixed radio button selected in Axis Options, the automatic value pops back up unchanged. I can successfuly enter a numeric value, but not a date. This requirement adds several extra steps - calculating a date value and typing the resulting number, then deleting the calculation - to what used to be a simple process. If anyone knows that the same cap...

Automaticaly put in the / in a date field
I want my users to input a date in the format dd/mm/yy I know some of them will mis out the separators and enter for example 140301 for the 14th March 2001, but Excel changes the date to something totally different. How can I create a mask (like in Access) so the separators are already displayed in the cell? For example the cell would look like / / and when the date is input it automatically jumps over the separator. You could use a worksheet event that changes the entry to a date. Chip Pearson has some code at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Keith wrote: > ...

Extraction of Dates
Hello...I would appreciate any help. I have database that I am creating and one of the tables contains SessionId (unique), StartDate, and an EndDate. This data comes from a data logger. There is also another table connected to this table that records a sound code at night, and a date if sounds were heard (within those session dates). However...if there was no sound...then that date does not get input. What I would like to see is an output of all the dates (from the StartDate to the EndDate for each session), whether or not there was a sound or not. How do I generate a popul...

how do i create reminders in outlook from a date cell in excel?
I need to know how to create reminders in outlook from a date cell in excel? hi "Philhegele" Try posting in an Outllook forum. Maybe they will be more helpfull. Greetings from France Dav "Philhegele" <Philhegele@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:D31EF446-D6BA-45E7-A766-EC3400CF3B26@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to create reminders in outlook from a date cell in >excel? ...

How to add the date after the "A1"
Hi, I type "The information gathered as of March 9, 2008" on cell "A1" Is there a way to make a date default like "The information gathered as of " & Date (default). Your help would be much apprecated. ="The informations gathered as of "&TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm d, yyyy") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c11a1bfc-65ba-4cf3-bdef-c28bdcc19c1d@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com... | Hi, | | I type "The information gathered as of March 9, 2008" on cell "A1&q...