Transaction dates a day off after daylight savings time

I hope someone can help, I've searched online and cannot find anything.
Since the daylight savings time change, the transactions are downloaded as a
day earlier. For example, in my online banking the date says 4/2, but when it
downloads, it shows 4/1, in which I have to manually change so it can match
my acct. The dates are correct in my online banking acct.  I'm using Money
2006 deluxe.

Please help!
0
maxine97 (1)
4/6/2007 4:42:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, maxine97 wrote:

>I hope someone can help, I've searched online and cannot find anything.
>Since the daylight savings time change, the transactions are downloaded as a
>day earlier. For example, in my online banking the date says 4/2, but when it
>downloads, it shows 4/1, in which I have to manually change so it can match
>my acct. The dates are correct in my online banking acct.  I'm using Money
>2006 deluxe.
>
>Please help!

This would normally be a function of your financial institution. The
scenario is this: the institution states or implies a time of 00:00
on a given day . The institution marks the download file timezone as
earlier than your timezone. Money calculates that midnight at the
FIs timezone corresponds to 23:00 the day before in your timezone.
It's a sad situation.

This can also happens when the institution is in the same timezone,
but leaves the time zone info indicating they are using standard
time even tho the time has changed to daylight saving time.

The best outcome would be for the FI to timestamp the times to a
time during working hours. Alternatively they could leave the
timezone info out of the file, and Money would assume that the times
are in your timezone. The OFX specifications address this issue, and
tells how the institution should avoid the problem.

It would be really nice if Microsoft Money would not change the date
on you. While this would be a literal divergence from the OFX
specifications, it seems unlikely to hurt anybody, and it would help
many. OK, I guess it might hurt people near the international date
line.

A workaround that *you* can implement is to change your timezone to
eastern or GMT before processing the OFX downloads. Then change it
back afterwards.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

WM_QUERYENDSESSION and saving data through a worker thread
Hello I have an application that uses a worker thread to save/load data. I'm wondering what is the best reaction to WM_QUERYENDSESSION in my case. I have to possible scenarios: 1. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and wait for it to end. Only then return TRUE from WM_QUERYENDSESSION handler. The problem is that I will get nusty dialog that my application "is not responding". 2. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and return FALSE from the handler. When thread is done force application to end. But this way I will probably prevent Windows from closing,...

O2003 New Toolbars Saved Where?
I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" file and I can see my data (e.g. views) so I know its using the correct "outcmd.dat" file. However two custom toolbars I created are not shown nor are they in the customized toolbar list. Are custom toolbars saved in a different location? Thanks Shawn On Jul 24, 6:22=A0pm, srm <s...@primatech.com> wrote: > I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 > and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" ...

Time performance Chart
Greetings. (help) I need to develop a chart that graphically depicts an employees start time and end time each day. This chart would be a bar chart. The bar chart would have days of the month along the bottom, and the side would start at 00:00 at the bottom and end at 24:00 at the top. I need to be able to enter an employees start time and end time and have it charted along the bar. So if the employee started at 07:00 and ended work at 18:00, the chart would show a colored bar that corresponds to the start time and the end time. Also, if an employee came back to work the chart would refl...

Problems opening/saving attachments
I am unable to open or save any .rtf file attachments - this started happening today, previously there were no problems with .rtf files. When I try to open such an attachment I get this message: Can't create file: xyz.rtf Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. What folder is this? I am trying to open the attachment not creat the file! Also, when I try to send an rtf file as an attachment, in the email message the file does not show in the attachments section but the receipient actu...

Copying recordset multiple times using copyfromrecordset
We recently caught this issue but found out after research, that this has been occuring all year. This code worked in the past, but I am not sure if there was an Excel update that occurred which changed the behavior of the script. What we are trying to do is to have a recordset pasted twice into two seperate worksheets. It is pasting without issue in the first copyfromrecordset, but then it skips over the second paste (even when stepping through the code). I know that it is not the worksheet we are copying into because I can reverse the 'first paste/second paste' (see lab...

date/time formatting

Saving address to replyed emails
IN outlook express I could automatically save the email address when I replyed to an email. I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 Can some please help Not possible. You will need to right click on the address and select to Add to Contacts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Garth <smilepolice@hotmail.com> typed: | IN outlook express I could automatically save the email | address when I replyed to an email. | | I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 | | Can some please help ...

Outlook saves image attachment as bitmap
Hi. I have Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP. When I save an image attachments, it only allows me to save it as bitmap. Before, it used to let me choose between bitmap & jpeg. I found an article on Microsoft's website, but it only pertains to Internet Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978#appliesto). I did it anyways, but it didn't correct my problem. Thanx in advance, Candee ...

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

Email Text Dissappears when Save
When we save email messages (as a draft) the text dissappears, even when th I use my administrator account. Anybody have any idea what that is happening. ...

Saving MY Calendar into "Publication-Calendar"
My problem is that I have to make a certain type of calendar in every month. It would save lots of time forme if I could find a way that I could save my "calendar setting" and also be able to apply the new month's settings. There is any way that I could save my "home-made" calendar into "Publications-Calendar" and call it up just like the other calendars? Thanks. If you have repeating items you just use the Merge for those items every month. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" I do not understand ho...

Time Conversion
I need help in converting time. I am using data from a time clock which currently formats time as 1.5. When I input this data into a cell how can I have it formated to read 1 hour and 30 minutes (1:30) T.I.A. Ed What you could do in an adjacent row or column is format them as Time and then using a formula, divide the input time by 24(hours in a day). >-----Original Message----- >I need help in converting time. I am using data from a time clock which >currently formats time as 1.5. When I input this data into a cell how can I >have it formated to read 1 hour and 30 minut...

Sum Times
I have four fields on a form to show time. I want a seprate "Total" field to add the time between the first two fields and then add the time between the second two fields. Like this: In LunchOut LunchIn Out Total 6:00am 12:00pm 12:30pm 4:30pm 10 hours The first four fields are stored as medium times. Can someone let me know how to do this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 "ladybug via AccessMonster.com&quo...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...