Tracking IRA and the year of contribution and owner in Money 2005

I downloaded a new IRA account from Vanguard and now I don't know how to
classify the year of contribution and owner. When I downloaded the account
Money did not recognize this as an IRA account, I had to go to the account
setting and check the Retirement Account Box and then designate it as an IRA.
Is there an easier way to track these things in Money 2005 Premium.
0
girishkr (5)
1/21/2005 9:43:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, vrdumbos wrote:

>I downloaded a new IRA account from Vanguard and now I don't know how to
>classify the year of contribution and owner.

Is Money asking you those questions?

> When I downloaded the account
>Money did not recognize this as an IRA account, I had to go to the account
>setting and check the Retirement Account Box and then designate it as an IRA.
>Is there an easier way to track these things in Money 2005 Premium.

Sounds similar. What was not easy about what you did?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/21/2005 10:34:20 PM
I could not specify who the owner was (i.e. me or my spouse) and also it did
not ask year of contribution. When I normally transfer funds to my previously
created IRA account a POP up box used to pop and ask for which year the
contribution was made in Money 2004, I didn't see this happen in Money 2005
Premier.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, vrdumbos wrote:
>
> >I downloaded a new IRA account from Vanguard and now I don't know how to
> >classify the year of contribution and owner.
>
> Is Money asking you those questions?
>
> > When I downloaded the account
> >Money did not recognize this as an IRA account, I had to go to the account
> >setting and check the Retirement Account Box and then designate it as an IRA.
> >Is there an easier way to track these things in Money 2005 Premium.
>
> Sounds similar. What was not easy about what you did?

0
girishkr (5)
1/21/2005 11:35:02 PM
In microsoft.public.money, vrdumbos wrote:

>I could not specify who the owner was (i.e. me or my spouse) and also it did
>not ask year of contribution.

Each of you should have your own IRA account defined in Money and at
your financial institution.

> When I normally transfer funds to my previously
>created IRA account a POP up box used to pop and ask for which year the
>contribution was made in Money 2004, I didn't see this happen in Money 2005
>Premier.

Sorry. I don't know about that.

You mean Premium?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/21/2005 11:53:34 PM
I've seen IRA account providers pop up boxes like this but not Money.

"vrdumbos" <girishkr@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I could not specify who the owner was (i.e. me or my spouse) and also it
>did
> not ask year of contribution. When I normally transfer funds to my
> previously
> created IRA account a POP up box used to pop and ask for which year the
> contribution was made in Money 2004, I didn't see this happen in Money
> 2005
> Premier.

In addition to precious comment and Cal's correct observation that you
should have separate Money Investment Accounts for the separate IRA Accounts
you and your wife have, I'd add this comment: if you are contributing
current and prior year in the same year, you can note this in the memo
fields of the buy transactions. Money really doesn't care (nor does it care
about things like catch-up contributions, the Roth roll off,
recharacterization, conversion, etc) so this is strictly for your own
information.

"vrdumbos" <girishkr@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I could not specify who the owner was (i.e. me or my spouse) and also it
>did
> not ask year of contribution. When I normally transfer funds to my
> previously
> created IRA account a POP up box used to pop and ask for which year the
> contribution was made in Money 2004, I didn't see this happen in Money
> 2005
> Premier.

It was also a previous comment...

message news:eZXukZDAFHA.4004@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> In addition to precious comment and Cal's correct observation that you
> should have separate Money Investment Accounts for the separate IRA
> Accounts you and your wife have, I'd add this comment: if you are
> contributing current and prior year in the same year, you can note this in
> the memo fields of the buy transactions. Money really doesn't care (nor
> does it care about things like catch-up contributions, the Roth roll off,
> recharacterization, conversion, etc) so this is strictly for your own
> information.
>
> "vrdumbos" <girishkr@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I could not specify who the owner was (i.e. me or my spouse) and also it
>>did
>> not ask year of contribution. When I normally transfer funds to my
>> previously
>> created IRA account a POP up box used to pop and ask for which year the
>> contribution was made in Money 2004, I didn't see this happen in Money
>> 2005
>> Premier.

Grid Lines at begining of every year?
I have a 10+ year chart, starting June 1992 and ending Dec-2003. I want the vertical grid line at every Jan-1st and the axis labels Jan-93, Jan-94, Jan-95 etc. Right now, they are June-93, June-94 etc.. Thanks. Sam - Look at the Arbitrary Gridlines example on my web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryGridlines.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Sam wrote: > I have a 10+ year chart, starting June 1992 and ending Dec-2003. I want the > vertical grid line at every Jan-1st and...

Outlook 2007 hosed by SQL Server 2005
Hi. I've been running the Office 2007 Beta for awhile and needed to uninstall SQL Express and install full-blown SQL Server 2005 on my laptop for development reasons. After doing so, Outlook 2007 is completely hosed. It will run, but I cannot open any emails. I can highlight them and save them as HTML or text, but if I try to open one, Outlook freezes. I've run Office diagnostics and it finds nothing major, just the fact that Office 2003 is still installed (but does not work properly, of course). I installed the Office 2007 refresh yesterday, it did not help. I need to get Outlook wor...

need help with budget in Money 2002
I am having a problem with the budget tool in Money 2002. When I set up a savings goal it won't let me put all my extra income into the savings goal. It says I don't have enough. For example if my income is $5000 per month and my expenses are $3000 per month I should have $2000 per month to spend or save. If I make a goal of $18000 per year savings it says I don't have enough and that I only have enough to save $12000. I don't understand. Can anyone help? Thanks. The information in the budget planner should tell you why it thinks this. Do you have debt payments?...

Money Uk change to Quicken 2009
Just bought last weak Quicken 2010 to have an oppotunity to make my home finance, when money stops quote updating in the near future Working with money for more than a decade in a very sufficient way, it was very hard to change to quicken 2010. Money was simple and efficient. As Quicken is new to me, it is difficult to get the overview as fast, as I had it with money. But after several days using it, I get used to it. I was not able to transfer my investment accounts to Quicken, so I did it all, account by account manually. Today I am happy to have an alternative to money, but I would pr...

Quicken Money Data Converter
Spent a little more time experimenting with the Quicken Data Converter. I selected most of my bank accounts. The total export entries are 7609 items. I unselected some of the accounts. The Money export files are good, including all the transactions with the accounts I selected. But the Quicken conversion/import has been very poor. Blame it on Quicken data converter. It does not import all the transactions. It is impossible to reconcile/balance the many accounts over the past many years. It is going to be month-long project :-( I'll stick with my plan. I may check it several months ...

Money 2005 update #3
Everytime I start Money, I get a message that an update is available, and if I install the update, after the installation is complete and I try to open my Money file, I get an error message saying a phone number could not be found. The only way to recover from this is to remove and reinstall Money 2005 from the original disk, skip running the update when I restart Money, and then open the backup copy of my Money file. What do I need to do to be able to use the Money 2005 update? Try using the sample file. Navigate to sample.mny and double click on it. Money will then download the upd...

MS Money for Business Questions
Hello, I started to play around with Ms Money because it can handle my Bank transfers. This Part with the Bank works great. I have some questions for people who are more into Book keeping because I am still a complete zero with this. 1. How and where do I enter the Money thats come,s in everyday though my shop. 2. How and where do I enter Vendor Invoices that I receive. 3. When I payd an invoice from a Vendor via the Bank, How can I see on my invoice list that this is payd. And lots more, but I start with these questions. Best regards, Henk Brouwer Money really isn't a good retail...

Money 2003 Deluxe: Why does the Split Transactions sometimes NOT subtract?
One thing I DO NOT UNDERSTAND about MS Money is why, for reasons which are not apparent to me, when working with the Split Transactions dialog box, that it decides, all by itself, that it should not even attempt to make totals subtract from the whole transaction? Why does it sometimes just start at $0.00 and add up, instead of subtracting from the total of the check? Rod When you set the check total, Money thinks that you are saying that the splits should add up to that amount. If you want the total caculated as the sum of the splits, it is better to leave the total blank, then enter th...

Increase years by one formula #2
Your date formula worked! Thanks so much! I am looking for a grea Excel book, I don't need anything real basic, does anyone have an suggestions? Cind -- cwarrenpcm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cwarrenpcm3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1439 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26032 Hi, Try John Walkenbach's book Excel 2000 Formulas and others. John has a great grasp on XL and is able to communicate those concepts, and includes demo spreadsheets with the bo...

What file names are associated with mns money and which with M05 money?
I have asked this previously but received no answer. I've waited several weeks and will try again now. When synchronizing, my data now appears on MSN money. When I leave msn money, I am asked for a filename to which to direct a backup. I use the name 'mymoneymsn'. When I next open M05, I get the series of messages to the effect that there are now two different version of my data associated with one passport account--one on M05 and one on MSN. I am asked to choose which one I want tobe associated with that passport. I choose my gold standard which is the data on my des...

How to save MS Money program updates?
I wish to archive software updates to Microsoft Money on my computer's disk drive. What I mean is, I would like to be able to obtain the latest version of the MS Money program without going through Microsoft's network servers. In particular, I would like to be able to 1. Install MS Money from the Microsoft CD-ROM that I bought. 2. Execute one or more update/installer files stored on my own PC. How to obtain the update/installer file(s) in step 2. above? I have the latest version, Microsoft Money Plus Premium 17.0.125.1415 expiring 11/23/2009. Thanks for any suggestions. -- David A...

Convert years:months to months
Hello- I am hoping to use Excel to convert data that inputted in a years:months format to just months. For example, I want to translate 5:3 to 63 months. I'm running into one hiccup: Excel views the inputted data as time and is translating it into 5:30 AM, making calculations challenging Does anyone have any tips? =HOUR(A1)*12+MINUTE(A1)/10 you may need to format the cell a General as Excel can be overhelpful and use a time format best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Jen" <jvarley@u.washington.edu> wrote in ...

Moving Money 2000 to new computer needs password
Hi - I received a new computer and I am moving all of me software from the old one before I get rid of it. I installed the copy of Money 2000 that I had on the old computer. When I copy my msmoney.mny file to the new computer and attemt to open it, it says I need to enter the password for the file. Problem is, I never created a password for it, so I can open the file. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Wes wrote: >Hi - > > I received a new computer and I am moving all of me software from the old >one before I get rid of it. I installed the copy of Money ...

Money 2005 activation?
I'm considering upgrading but don't agree with what product activation means to me as a customer. Nevertheless, I don't want to get into any arguments over the ethics. What I want to know is does the Money 2005 product I can purchase on CD use product activation? I checked out Microsoft's site as well as the product box doesn't say it does...even though I recall an older version did. That's precisely why I didn't upgrade at the time and can't believe Microsoft would dump the 'feature.' Anyone know? Rick. -+--- rpali@alienshore.com http://www.alienshor...

Money Link
I cannot seem to get Money Link to work with Money 2004. Can you help? Thanks! Sorry, I will do better. I have Win 2000, Excel 2000, and I recently upgraded from Money 2000 Standard to Money 2004 Sandard. After the upgrade, Money Link did not work. I downloaded a file, "MoneyLink2001.exe" and installed it. I know it said "2001", but the description said it would work on Money 2001 and later. In Excel, I click on "Data" and all the Money Link buttons including "Get Money Data" are greyed out. I have read through all the help files and online as...

Customer Names and Adresses in Microsoft Money 2005 Small Business
I have about 70 customers with names and adresses in my Microsoft Money 2005 Small Business program. How do I print out a list of the names and adresses of the customers? It should be easy but is not obvious. Good question. It does not seem to be possible in money 2000 for either. "Dennis_H" wrote: > I have about 70 customers with names and adresses in my Microsoft Money 2005 > Small Business program. How do I print out a list of the names and adresses > of the customers? It should be easy but is not obvious. Okay...I am going to answer my own post because I figured...

MS-Money 2001 restore
I had to reformat my hard drive so I backed up my money files to diskette/condensed. The two files had passwords. After reloading MS-Money, I tried to restore. All goes well until it asks for the password to open. I type in the "correct" password and it says it is wrong. I know the password is right. Why is it not accepting the password and how do I get to the files? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=152. Now I know you are going to say "but I'm sure I was using M01." Just be aware that many before you have found themselves in this trap. "CLost" <CL...

Upgraded to 2005 Deluxe, where are my transactions?
Hi, I just upgraded to 2005 Deluxe. After the install, I opened my .mbf file and Money told me that it converted my file. So, I want to make sure it imported everything correctly and it didn't import anything. My bills that were in my previous version aren't there and non of my bank accounts that I had years of entries for. Where did my account information go? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, "Craig M." <Craig M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I just upgraded to 2005 Deluxe. After the install, I opened my .mbf file >and Money told me that ...

Money Manual
It seems to me that there is a lot of functionality in this program that could be used if one had the knowledge. Is there any book on Microsoft that covers more than just the basics. For example creating custom reports by category and comments, or How to get your mortgage payment to match the amounts of principal and interest the way your bank says it is instead of MSMoney's calculated split. Thanks, Jack The book scene is pretty limited. Too many ended up getting pulped. Re. reports. There is no custom report generator. You can only derive from the base reports by customizing them. P...

Money 2.0
been using money 2.0 for small business books since 1992 so want to continue with same format. my program opens to show lined Account Book page then I work from there. New vers. of Money baffle me with fancy screens that do nothing for me. V 2.0 worked ok up to my Win95 but now my WinXP Pro doesn't seem to like it and besides, I can't get to an Account Book screen in new prog. Is there a later Ver. of Money that will work in XP but still just give me the accounting type pages to work on ? In microsoft.public.money, Stan wrote: >been using money 2.0 for small business book...

Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe #2
I received a pop-up message that my 2004 version of MS Money Deluxe would expire on 9/1/2007. It said that I would loose online services. I see that the 2007 Version has changed the three year online service capability to two years. Are there any other reduced functions in 2007 deluxe vs 2004 deluxe? Also, I seem to recall that MS Money updates have come out in the summertime in the past. Can anyone verify this? Al Some things in M07 that changed from previous versions: 1) No more multi-select projected balance in Bills. 2) They are trying to hide and then deprecate Advanced Bud...

Option Assignments in Money Plus Delux
I do option trading as part of my investment activities. I can record the purchase and sale of options (either call or put, short or long), which is fine. However, I do not find a way to handle assignments resulting from being short in call or put options. Need help on this issue, thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Durai wrote: >I do option trading as part of my investment activities. I can record the >purchase and sale of options (either call or put, short or long), which is >fine. However, I do not find a way to handle assignments resulting from being >short in call or ...

Formulas for birth year and age in user defined fields
I'm using outlook 2002. I want to create 2 user-defined fields in my contacts, but am having trouble figuring out how to do it: 1. Year of birth field, based on the value entered in the birthday field - I created a new user defined field, with the Type set as Formula, and the formula set as: Year ([Birthday]). The year is displayed, but formatted as a number (1,957) rather than a year (1957). How can I get the number to be displayed without the comma? 2. Age, based on difference between birthday and present date - Is there a simple formula to accomplish this? I haven't been ab...

Reinstalling Microsoft money
Hi, I had recently purchased a copy of Microsoft money, standard online. I have had to format my machine, and now am searching to install it again from the website. Can i do this? I have no CD or Disk as I downloaded it online. I have been trying for a few hours now. Please help Sankara Maruvada Hi there. see http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/132.aspx You might want to save the Microsoft link referred to in that article for the future (although I would advise buying a version with CD in future to avoid this problem). -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Che...

Exchange System Manager ( ESM ) Access Denied ID 80070005 Message Tracking
Hello all, I have an Windows 2003 / exchange 2003 server in our organization, and i have Exchange System Manager installed on my Window XP Client. In ESM when i go to message tracking center. I get the following errror. Access Denied. Facility: Win32 ID no: 80070005 Exchange System Manager. I have searched google, message posts on microsoft site and not found a solution. I have full access to share //Server/c$/EXCHANGE.log and directory. I am the local, domain, schema admin. I have Full WMI access. I am not sure what i am missing. From the server i can do message tracking and it w...