Total Annualized Return is Zero

Greetings,

Recently a fund I hold climbed above 4.70, at which point the Total
Annualized Return figures shown in the portfolio page (by investment
type) started showing zero. However it's not zero. If I adjust the price
manually I notice the total annual return is zero for prices between
4.70 and 6.35. Above 6.36 and below 4.70 it starts showing correctly
again. The figure of 4.70 is about 2x the average cost.

I'm using Money 2003. I tried to repair the file but that didn't fix
anything. I also tried exporting all the transactions to a QIF file and
back into a clean money file but the problem still shows up. All the
entries are buys or re-invested interest/divedends.

Interestingly, if I delete a couple of transactions to change the
average cost the problem goes away for a given price (i.e. 4.70). But if
I manually increase the last price a a bit, the Total Annual Return goes
  to zero. So it seems to be a conjunction of the price, average cost,
and/or number of transactions. It's 100% reproducible.

Anyone come across this sort of problem before or know how to fix it?

Thoughts welcome.
Larry
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Returning only non zero effect groups
Here is a sample list (mine are much larger w/many more fields) Name Amount Date bob 100 04-05-05 bob -50 05-04-05 bob -25 05-05-05 sarah 200 04-03-05 sarah -200 04-06-05 dave 300 04-02-05 dave -150 04-27-05 dave -150 05-18-05 I only care about the values for the groups(name would be group in this case) in which th...

Calculating Returns
10-Oct-07 10000 Goog 20-Nov-08 2000 intc 29-Nov-08 4000 intc 21-Nov-09 goog -20000 21-Nov-09 intc -10000 How do I calculate returns for Goog and Intc individually, if I sold on the 21st Nov, and bought on three different dates? I have a big list of such transactions. I want to calculate returns for individual stocks. Your example is not clear. You do not show a before/after I am a retired Reg Mgr for ING and held a series 7. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. Yo...

Total by certain time period
I have three fields in a table, and want to determine the total of the occurrences by a certain time period. The data I have looks like this. FGC RDate Occurrences 81 2009/01 1 81 2009/02 1 81 2009/03 1 81 2009/04 1 81 2009/05 5 81 2009/06 84 81 2009/07 1 81 2009/08 6 81 2009/09 3 81 2009/10 1 81 2009/11 5 And I want it to look like this FGC 81 Less Than 3 Months 9 3 Or More Months 91 6 Or More Months 7 9 Or More Months 2 12 Or More M...

User Defined Function returning #Value!
I have a function that I created. When I test it in the Intermediate Window, ? Kountifs("Registered Nurse"), it returns a 12 which is correct. I want to be able to use this function a my datasheet. I have included basically the same function =Kountifs("Registered Nurse"). But, ont the datasheet I receive a #Value! rather than the 12. Does anyone have ideas why? Why dont you post the UDF.. If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "DogLover" wrote: > I have a function that I created. When I test it in the Intermed...

Vlookup and Trace Return Cell
Hi, Wondering how to have excel return the cell that the vlookup equation is drawing from? For example, when my vlookup returns the value "45" within a given table, how do I trace where that exact cell is that contains the 45? When I try the formulas -> trace precedents, the vlookup only shows the entire table that the function is using and not the cell of the value (the 45) it's returning. Further, I should elaborate on my end goal and perhaps there is another, better way: I have two tabs with identical set of values, but in different orders (which is ho...

Return Value from cells which match criteria (complex)
I have a worksheet I want to compute mileage on. Right now we're doing everything manually, but I want to see if I can automate the process in Excel without resorting to a lot (if any) VB code. The formula needs to examine 4 columns for the start point, then 43 or so columns for the destination point. From there it can reference another sheet with the mileage between two points and insert the correct value. The logic looks something like this: "Look for data in array a and in array b then depending on which columns hold the data, lookup the corresponding result in ...

VLOOKUP Returning a copy of a cell
I want to use VLOOKUP to return not just the value in the cell but also the formating of the cell. For instance, if this is my table 1 Frog 2 Sheep 3 Cow and I do a VLOOKUP(2, A:B, 2, FALSE) I will get "Sheep". However, if Sheep is has a format that is for instance a strikethrough, then it will still show up as "Sheep". How can I return the format as well? Is there a way to use VLOOKUP to return a copy of the cell? Thanks, Kevin A formula can only return a value to a cell. It can not return formatting. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP...

EXcluding Zeros from the average in a row
HI I am trying to average a row of numbers (F35:U35) that have numeric zeros in some of the cells. However, I would like to exclude them, and the cells from the calculation "=AVERAGE(F35:U35)". Is there a way to do that? Thanks -- Geo Hi Geo This array formula will do the job: =AVERAGE(IF(F35:U35<>0,F35:U35)) To be entered with <Shift><Ctrl><Enter> instead of <Enter>, also if edited later. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Geo" <Geo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:9C2B0B65-1AF...

Total Number of Invoices Smartlist or SSRS
I need to create a Smartlist or SSRS report that has the Customer Name, Customer Balance (Overage),Total number of paid Invoices ,Total Cash Received, Total number of unpaid invoices, Total $ unpaid invoices and can be sorted by invoice date. What tables can i use im creating a smartlist or how do i create an SSRS report for this? I think this would be easier done in SSRS. Do you have any experience with SSRS? If not, I suggest getting a book - SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services by Brian Larson. It will walk you through creating reports. I keep it by my side always when creating SSRS...

Pivot Table Totals
Is there any way that i can add an extra column to a pivot table that I can add a function into? We have 2 internal quality checks for our product. I have created a log which shows what type of issues are discovered in the first and second quality check. The pivot table in its most basic form shows the count of the different type of issues found in the first QA check in the rows and the type of issues found in the second QA check in the columns. The nature of this layout means that looking at the Grand Total is meaningless from a process analysis point of view. What I would ...

printing zero values
I have a number of reports within a single spread sheet. Of these reports only those relating to fields with poistive values need to be printed. How can I avoid printing those fileds relating to zero vlaues? Dave - Try - Tools, Options, View, and uncheck zero values in the Windows Options section. HTH, Carole O "dave glynn" wrote: > I have a number of reports within a single spread sheet. Of these reports > only those relating to fields with poistive values need to be printed. How > can I avoid printing those fileds relating to zero vlaues? ...

Kit Item Return #2
Customer buys product in large quantities and puts them in kits to sell. So I created an inventory item called Product which we put on POs and track inventory on. I created Kit Items and added the Product to them with quantities. The kits are put together as needed...meaning they are not in Kits on the shelf. It works great and tracking inventory is easy.....when I return a kit item. It doesnt replenish the Product....it replenioshes the Kit.....The kit should always be 0 on hand and the Product should be the one to deplete and replenish. Any idea on how to make the return work correc...

show total number of items in Inbox and Sent Items
My Outlook 2002 used to show (somewhere on the bottom of the screen) the total number of items in the folder that was highlighted, if the folder was "Inbox" or "Sent Items". This was helpful because I try to keep the number of items pretty low. Somehow (updates, patches, our IT person???) this function has disappeared. Any ideas on getting it back? Thanks ...

Return a value from a list in another worksheet
Hello, I manage a sports league, and one of my most common tasks is to make the season schedule at the beginning of the year, where each time has to play another, at different times of the week. Each team has sent me a set of availability restrictions, days&times of the week that they are unable to play. Thus, when I make my schedule, I have to take these restrictions into account. I have one separate worksheet for the game *schedule*, and another for the *restrictions*. Thus in the worksheet "schedule" I have the home team under column A, playing versus the away team on colum...

total and subtotal positions wrong in excel
Excel is not positioning the sutotal and total lines correctly in my worksheet. The information in the following MSKB article may help: Multilevel subtotals are in the wrong position in Excel 2002 and in Excel 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=831824 Mary Buck wrote: > Excel is not positioning the sutotal and total lines correctly in my worksheet. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Incorrect totals in Pivot Table
I have created a calculated field in my pivot table. It works properly. However, the column and row totals do not give intended results (sum of displayed results). Rather they use the same formula on all data in that part of the table. Here are the details: Data Table shows payments by transaction for all customers (field name=AMT). Customer may have + and - payments on any day. I need to show net payments per day by customer. I then need to calculate 31% of net payment BUT only if net >0. Pivot table: created 2-way table, calculating sum of pmts by customer by day. works fine ca...

Count total minutes between 2 times
Cell 1: Feb 23 2010 4:11PM Cell 2: Mar 1 2010 4:03PM How do I count the total minutes between 2 cells without manually calculating? Thanks If cell 1 is A1, and cell 2 is A2, use: =(a2-a1)*24*60 Format as a number Regards, Fred "cpliu" <spamfreeliu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:14417a5e-5f46-4f40-a885-2b0fdc2ba7bf@q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com... > Cell 1: Feb 23 2010 4:11PM > Cell 2: Mar 1 2010 4:03PM > > How do I count the total minutes between 2 cells without manually > calculating? > > Thanks Hi =Cell2-Cell1 ...

the message interface has returned an unknown error
When trying to delete an email from the inbox I receive the following: the message interface has returned an unknown error Specs: Windows 2000 sp4 Outlook 2002 sp2 Ran inbox repair tool. (no errors) Installed all updates from OFFICE update site. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=275186 -- ~jason k please reply in group. emails directly to me will be printed and laughed at in the breakroom "PC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:094a01c3cfb9$a098e560$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to delete an email from the inbox I receive > the follo...

txt search box returns all records when wildcard is entered
I have used a simple textbox search originally created by Graham Thorpe [Event Procedure]. When I open my search form If I type in and abbreviated search text for example 206 vs. 206-030-987-101 It returns all of the records in the database. If I search on 206-030-987-101 it will find that specific record and display it, but all records are available. I would like help with using the textbox search to bring up only those records containing the exact match if one is available and not physically being able to view any other records in the current form. I would like to also be able to pe...

How do I eliminate zeros from my Excel database?
I would like to average a good deal of data from my database, but do not know how to eliminate the zeros so they are not factored into my calculations. I would greatly appreciate any help on this! Thank you. Use an array formula like the following: =AVERAGE(IF(A1:A10<>0,A1:A10,FALSE)) Change the ranges to suit. Since this is an array formula, you must press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER rather than just ENTER the first time you enter the formula and whenever you edit it later. If you do this properly, Excel will display the formula enclosed in curly braces {}. -- Cordially, Chip Pearso...

Money 2002 Investment account Total does not show
Hi and first Thanks for helping. I set up two new investment accounts for two different brokers. The first account is Ok with all transactions and totals showing correctly. The second account is setup the same as the first and I have gone over and over the set up. All the tranactions show for each of the indidvidual mutual funds entered. The totals are displayed on each account. The problem comes when I go to the accounts to use page and the first account I set up shows the total and the second account does not. Why does this total not show? In microsoft.public.money, Jack wrote: &...

How-to not plot cells with zero value on graphs
Hey! ANyone know how to not plot values if they equal zero in the graphs? Thanks!! keith -- hopeace ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hopeace's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28009 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487862 I had this problem. I wrote a macro that scanned my data and wherever it found a value of zero it deleted the cell contents. They then do not plot on charts. My data values were complex formulas, so I wrote a second macro to reinstate the formulas so ...

Recalling item for RETURN
When I recall items for return, one of the problems is that the tender window (F12) initially specifies a wrong $ amount by default in the credit card field. To make it corect, I had to erase it and press "+" to set it to the right value. For example, a gentleman bought 2 items and wanted to return one this morning. I recalled the transaction, erased the item he kept and left only the one he wants to return on the POS screen. Then I pressed F12 and I saw the entire transaction amount in the credit card field... the amount to refund should have been about half of that total...

Data Conversion Expression returning an #Error
Looking for some guidence on how to get this expression out sick bay! The [Cut_Time] data field comes from a legacy system and may or may not have data in it, may or may not be 0 thru 5 char in length, comes in formatted as text data. The data represents a time stamp of an activity expressed in military time. The goal is to convert it to the DateTime format IF it has any entry at all; IF blank just output a null. CutT_temp: CDate(IIf(IsError(FormatDateTime(IIf(Len([Cut_Time])<1,"",Left([Cut_Time],2)+":"+Right([Cut_Time],2)),0)),"",Fo...

Adding a totally blank page for artwork
Word 2007: This is a real head scratcher, but the moral of the story I guess if that luckily page numbers are counted regardless of being "linked" to the previous section. The link is purely for formatting, as I understand, and this saved me. But here's the thing that needs to be much easier to do. I need to add a blank page I can control before the first page of a chapter to put some artwork in. The layout is artwork on the left (insert auto blank page if necessary), and the text of the first chapter is on the right. I can't use "first page dif...