Today's Total Change not displaying

I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual funds, it
doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the Internet and found
out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch to fix it but no fix for
Money 2005.  How do you solve it?


0
frankyung (3)
10/28/2005 10:01:28 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

12 Replies
902 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 22

In microsoft.public.money, Frankie Yung wrote:

>I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual funds, it
>doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the Internet and found
>out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch to fix it but no fix for
>Money 2005.  How do you solve it?
>

Wait an hour, and try again. Fund quotes are only updated each day
in the evening about this time.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/28/2005 10:28:32 PM
I've had this problem since Wednesday too.
Which is why I came here - so it's not just me ??

I have M2001 and M2004 - both do the same.
I checked a few of my funds  - "update price" and the price is NOT getting
updated, THAT's why no chnage in the "Today's change" column




"Frankie Yung" <frankyung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23OQOjsA3FHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual funds, it
> doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the Internet and found
> out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch to fix it but no fix
for
> Money 2005.  How do you solve it?
>
>


0
nospam87 (74)
10/28/2005 10:35:23 PM
The last good quote that I have been able to get is 10/26/2005 (Wednesday). 
I also had a similiar problem for a few days last week.
"Frankie Yung" <frankyung@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:%23OQOjsA3FHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual funds, it
> doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the Internet and found
> out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch to fix it but no fix 
> for
> Money 2005.  How do you solve it?
>
> 


0
10/28/2005 10:46:46 PM
Is MSN server running windows ?
Maybe it needs a reboot ( That's always their recommendation/ fix  to
customers)

BTW my M2001 does update the price each day , but no update in Today's
Change column
My Pc with M2004 - like you - hasn't updated since Wednesday.(10/26)



"ga" <gashfordjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:kTx8f.27755$E17.10465@fe03.lga...
> The last good quote that I have been able to get is 10/26/2005
(Wednesday).
> I also had a similiar problem for a few days last week.
> "Frankie Yung" <frankyung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%23OQOjsA3FHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual funds, it
> > doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the Internet and
found
> > out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch to fix it but no fix
> > for
> > Money 2005.  How do you solve it?
> >
> >
>
>


0
nospam87 (74)
10/28/2005 11:03:09 PM
In microsoft.public.money, - Bobb - wrote:

>I've had this problem since Wednesday too.
>Which is why I came here - so it's not just me ??

I see it too. I was seeing stock prices update, but it appears the
problem is just funds.

Probably a server problem.


>
>I have M2001 and M2004 - both do the same.
>I checked a few of my funds  - "update price" and the price is NOT getting
>updated, THAT's why no chnage in the "Today's change" column
>

Same problem on 2006 too.

It is normal for the "Today's change" column to not show a value
until the quotes come out in the evening. But the fact that the last
quotes are from Oct 26 shows it is not just servers running late
this evening.

>
>
>
>"Frankie Yung" <frankyung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:%23OQOjsA3FHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual funds, it
>> doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the Internet and found
>> out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch to fix it but no fix
>for
>> Money 2005.  How do you solve it?
>>
>>
>
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/28/2005 11:12:47 PM
ga,

I just saw this in another message here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328831

" Microsoft Money uses the MSN Money quotes server. The MSN Money Web site
requires that the latest MSN Money ActiveX controls be installed on your
computer."

Might this be the issue ?

Cal,

Did MS just update quotes server for M2006 ?
If so, is this the fix ? what's the downside of downloading this ? Anyone
know ?
I don't use passport or any online features except quote download.

Bobb



> "ga" <gashfordjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:kTx8f.27755$E17.10465@fe03.lga...
> > The last good quote that I have been able to get is 10/26/2005
> (Wednesday).
> > I also had a similiar problem for a few days last week.
> > "Frankie Yung" <frankyung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:%23OQOjsA3FHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual funds,
it
> > > doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the Internet and
> > > found out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch
> > > to fix it but no fix for Money 2005.  How do you solve it?



0
nospam87 (74)
10/28/2005 11:16:32 PM
In microsoft.public.money, - Bobb - wrote:

>ga,
>
>I just saw this in another message here:
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328831
>
>" Microsoft Money uses the MSN Money quotes server. The MSN Money Web site
>requires that the latest MSN Money ActiveX controls be installed on your
>computer."
>
>Might this be the issue ?

No. The problem is too widespread.

I was suspecting that the problem might be in the feed from
Morningstar, but I see moneycentral.msn.com has quotes for funds
from the 27th-- not the 26th, and not the 28th.



>
>Cal,
>
>Did MS just update quotes server for M2006 ?
>If so, is this the fix ? what's the downside of downloading this ? Anyone
>know ?
>I don't use passport or any online features except quote download.
>
>Bobb
>
>
>
>> "ga" <gashfordjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:kTx8f.27755$E17.10465@fe03.lga...
>> > The last good quote that I have been able to get is 10/26/2005
>> (Wednesday).
>> > I also had a similiar problem for a few days last week.
>> > "Frankie Yung" <frankyung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > news:%23OQOjsA3FHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> > > I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual funds,
>it
>> > > doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the Internet and
>> > > found out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch
>> > > to fix it but no fix for Money 2005.  How do you solve it?
>
>
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/28/2005 11:25:12 PM
If you are having the same problem as I am, I don't see how this could be a 
download problem.  The downloaded quote prices are correct (even for the 
funds) but the calculations are not displaying for "Today's Total Change".  
Seems like a program problem (for me) since the download servers are not 
aware of (I hope) the number of shares I own.


"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, - Bobb - wrote:
> 
> >ga,
> >
> >I just saw this in another message here:
> >
> >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328831
> >
> >" Microsoft Money uses the MSN Money quotes server. The MSN Money Web site
> >requires that the latest MSN Money ActiveX controls be installed on your
> >computer."
> >
> >Might this be the issue ?
> 
> No. The problem is too widespread.
> 
> I was suspecting that the problem might be in the feed from
> Morningstar, but I see moneycentral.msn.com has quotes for funds
> from the 27th-- not the 26th, and not the 28th.
> 
> 
> 
> >
> >Cal,
> >
> >Did MS just update quotes server for M2006 ?
> >If so, is this the fix ? what's the downside of downloading this ? Anyone
> >know ?
> >I don't use passport or any online features except quote download.
> >
> >Bobb
> >
> >
> >
> >> "ga" <gashfordjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> news:kTx8f.27755$E17.10465@fe03.lga...
> >> > The last good quote that I have been able to get is 10/26/2005
> >> (Wednesday).
> >> > I also had a similiar problem for a few days last week.
> >> > "Frankie Yung" <frankyung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:%23OQOjsA3FHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >> > > I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual funds,
> >it
> >> > > doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the Internet and
> >> > > found out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch
> >> > > to fix it but no fix for Money 2005.  How do you solve it?
> >
> >
> 
0
edro (4)
10/29/2005 1:38:03 AM
I noticed this last month - the math IS done at their server: and since
yesterday's prices are " messed up tight now" at the server - it can't do
the math. On my M2001 PC it has been updating the prices but still not the
Total column. (Although this morning 2 funds show the change - only 2 of 15)

From last month:
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "- Bobb -" <nospam87@netscape.net>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.money
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:29 PM
Subject: "Today" column not updating - on SOME items


> I connect and update my money info online.
> Money shows me the price change for all of my funds but - for SOME funds
> only - does NOT update the "Today" column.
>
> I was surprised to see that - I thought that the math was done at MY pc -
> not online. So if I owned 100 shares of XYZ and YESTERDAY it was $20 per
> share (Money knows that - I update everyday) and today it is $21/share on
my
> screen I see 100 shares $21 per share - it DOES know the new price, but in
> the TODAY column it does not show $100 as expected - it's blank.
>
> So I selected "update price" on those items that show no info in TODAY
> column to see what's in there and what happens is that YESTERDAY's price
is
> not listed any longer - it WAS there - so it can't subtract yesterday's
price from today -
> yesterday had NO price according to Money server. Yet, I retry an hour
later
> (giving MS server time to update) and - if MS did "something" it DOES show
> the gain and when I check , it does also now show yesterday's price . Same
> thing on M2001 and M2004.
>
> Why does it "temporarily" delete yesterday's price ? ...  and then restore
> it . Others see this too ?  Seems buggy and strange I never noticed it
before.
>
> Bobb

"edro" <edro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D5E71EA6-5EFB-4A91-B8BB-D3B26A15CA30@microsoft.com...
> If you are having the same problem as I am, I don't see how this could be
a
> download problem.  The downloaded quote prices are correct (even for the
> funds) but the calculations are not displaying for "Today's Total Change".
> Seems like a program problem (for me) since the download servers are not
> aware of (I hope) the number of shares I own.
>
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
> > In microsoft.public.money, - Bobb - wrote:
> >
> > >ga,
> > >
> > >I just saw this in another message here:
> > >
> > >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328831
> > >
> > >" Microsoft Money uses the MSN Money quotes server. The MSN Money Web
site
> > >requires that the latest MSN Money ActiveX controls be installed on
your
> > >computer."
> > >
> > >Might this be the issue ?
> >
> > No. The problem is too widespread.
> >
> > I was suspecting that the problem might be in the feed from
> > Morningstar, but I see moneycentral.msn.com has quotes for funds
> > from the 27th-- not the 26th, and not the 28th.
> >
> >
> >
> > >
> > >Cal,
> > >
> > >Did MS just update quotes server for M2006 ?
> > >If so, is this the fix ? what's the downside of downloading this ?
Anyone
> > >know ?
> > >I don't use passport or any online features except quote download.
> > >
> > >Bobb
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >> "ga" <gashfordjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >> news:kTx8f.27755$E17.10465@fe03.lga...
> > >> > The last good quote that I have been able to get is 10/26/2005
> > >> (Wednesday).
> > >> > I also had a similiar problem for a few days last week.
> > >> > "Frankie Yung" <frankyung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >> > news:%23OQOjsA3FHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > >> > > I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual
funds,
> > >it
> > >> > > doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the Internet
and
> > >> > > found out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch
> > >> > > to fix it but no fix for Money 2005.  How do you solve it?
> > >
> > >
> >


0
nospam87 (74)
10/29/2005 2:44:21 PM
So what you are telling me is that they "read" the total number of shares I 
own and then multiply the (number of shares owned) and (change in price for 
the day) then download that to my "Today's Total Chage" instead of letting my 
PC do this calculation?  Seems kind of a backwards way to setup a program and 
kind of scary that they know the number of shares I own.

"- Bobb -" wrote:

> I noticed this last month - the math IS done at their server: and since
> yesterday's prices are " messed up tight now" at the server - it can't do
> the math. On my M2001 PC it has been updating the prices but still not the
> Total column. (Although this morning 2 funds show the change - only 2 of 15)
> 
> From last month:
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "- Bobb -" <nospam87@netscape.net>
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.money
> Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:29 PM
> Subject: "Today" column not updating - on SOME items
> 
> 
> > I connect and update my money info online.
> > Money shows me the price change for all of my funds but - for SOME funds
> > only - does NOT update the "Today" column.
> >
> > I was surprised to see that - I thought that the math was done at MY pc -
> > not online. So if I owned 100 shares of XYZ and YESTERDAY it was $20 per
> > share (Money knows that - I update everyday) and today it is $21/share on
> my
> > screen I see 100 shares $21 per share - it DOES know the new price, but in
> > the TODAY column it does not show $100 as expected - it's blank.
> >
> > So I selected "update price" on those items that show no info in TODAY
> > column to see what's in there and what happens is that YESTERDAY's price
> is
> > not listed any longer - it WAS there - so it can't subtract yesterday's
> price from today -
> > yesterday had NO price according to Money server. Yet, I retry an hour
> later
> > (giving MS server time to update) and - if MS did "something" it DOES show
> > the gain and when I check , it does also now show yesterday's price . Same
> > thing on M2001 and M2004.
> >
> > Why does it "temporarily" delete yesterday's price ? ...  and then restore
> > it . Others see this too ?  Seems buggy and strange I never noticed it
> before.
> >
> > Bobb
> 
> "edro" <edro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D5E71EA6-5EFB-4A91-B8BB-D3B26A15CA30@microsoft.com...
> > If you are having the same problem as I am, I don't see how this could be
> a
> > download problem.  The downloaded quote prices are correct (even for the
> > funds) but the calculations are not displaying for "Today's Total Change".
> > Seems like a program problem (for me) since the download servers are not
> > aware of (I hope) the number of shares I own.
> >
> >
> > "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
> >
> > > In microsoft.public.money, - Bobb - wrote:
> > >
> > > >ga,
> > > >
> > > >I just saw this in another message here:
> > > >
> > > >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328831
> > > >
> > > >" Microsoft Money uses the MSN Money quotes server. The MSN Money Web
> site
> > > >requires that the latest MSN Money ActiveX controls be installed on
> your
> > > >computer."
> > > >
> > > >Might this be the issue ?
> > >
> > > No. The problem is too widespread.
> > >
> > > I was suspecting that the problem might be in the feed from
> > > Morningstar, but I see moneycentral.msn.com has quotes for funds
> > > from the 27th-- not the 26th, and not the 28th.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > >
> > > >Cal,
> > > >
> > > >Did MS just update quotes server for M2006 ?
> > > >If so, is this the fix ? what's the downside of downloading this ?
> Anyone
> > > >know ?
> > > >I don't use passport or any online features except quote download.
> > > >
> > > >Bobb
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >> "ga" <gashfordjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > >> news:kTx8f.27755$E17.10465@fe03.lga...
> > > >> > The last good quote that I have been able to get is 10/26/2005
> > > >> (Wednesday).
> > > >> > I also had a similiar problem for a few days last week.
> > > >> > "Frankie Yung" <frankyung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > >> > news:%23OQOjsA3FHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > >> > > I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual
> funds,
> > > >it
> > > >> > > doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the Internet
> and
> > > >> > > found out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch
> > > >> > > to fix it but no fix for Money 2005.  How do you solve it?
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> 
> 
> 
0
edro (4)
10/29/2005 5:28:02 PM
I believe the reason is that your PC shows a close price for yesterday, and
they also get from the server and ADJUSTED CLOSE price -- adjusted for the
fact that the fund went ex-dividend on that day. So their price change, in
this case, is not the same as the change you would get if you subtracted
yesterday's price from your PC from the current close.


On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:28:02 -0700, "edro" <edro@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>
>So what you are telling me is that they "read" the total number of shares I 
>own and then multiply the (number of shares owned) and (change in price for 
>the day) then download that to my "Today's Total Chage" instead of letting my
>PC do this calculation?  Seems kind of a backwards way to setup a program and
>kind of scary that they know the number of shares I own.
>
>"- Bobb -" wrote:
>
>> I noticed this last month - the math IS done at their server: and since
>> yesterday's prices are " messed up tight now" at the server - it can't do
>> the math. On my M2001 PC it has been updating the prices but still not the
>> Total column. (Although this morning 2 funds show the change - only 2 of
15)
>> 
>> From last month:
>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>> From: "- Bobb -" <nospam87@netscape.net>
>> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.money
>> Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:29 PM
>> Subject: "Today" column not updating - on SOME items
>> 
>> 
>> > I connect and update my money info online.
>> > Money shows me the price change for all of my funds but - for SOME funds
>> > only - does NOT update the "Today" column.
>> >
>> > I was surprised to see that - I thought that the math was done at MY pc -
>> > not online. So if I owned 100 shares of XYZ and YESTERDAY it was $20 per
>> > share (Money knows that - I update everyday) and today it is $21/share on
>> my
>> > screen I see 100 shares $21 per share - it DOES know the new price, but
in
>> > the TODAY column it does not show $100 as expected - it's blank.
>> >
>> > So I selected "update price" on those items that show no info in TODAY
>> > column to see what's in there and what happens is that YESTERDAY's price
>> is
>> > not listed any longer - it WAS there - so it can't subtract yesterday's
>> price from today -
>> > yesterday had NO price according to Money server. Yet, I retry an hour
>> later
>> > (giving MS server time to update) and - if MS did "something" it DOES
show
>> > the gain and when I check , it does also now show yesterday's price .
Same
>> > thing on M2001 and M2004.
>> >
>> > Why does it "temporarily" delete yesterday's price ? ...  and then
restore
>> > it . Others see this too ?  Seems buggy and strange I never noticed it
>> before.
>> >
>> > Bobb
>> 
>> "edro" <edro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:D5E71EA6-5EFB-4A91-B8BB-D3B26A15CA30@microsoft.com...
>> > If you are having the same problem as I am, I don't see how this could be
>> a
>> > download problem.  The downloaded quote prices are correct (even for the
>> > funds) but the calculations are not displaying for "Today's Total
Change".
>> > Seems like a program problem (for me) since the download servers are not
>> > aware of (I hope) the number of shares I own.
>> >
>> >
>> > "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>> >
>> > > In microsoft.public.money, - Bobb - wrote:
>> > >
>> > > >ga,
>> > > >
>> > > >I just saw this in another message here:
>> > > >
>> > > >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328831
>> > > >
>> > > >" Microsoft Money uses the MSN Money quotes server. The MSN Money Web
>> site
>> > > >requires that the latest MSN Money ActiveX controls be installed on
>> your
>> > > >computer."
>> > > >
>> > > >Might this be the issue ?
>> > >
>> > > No. The problem is too widespread.
>> > >
>> > > I was suspecting that the problem might be in the feed from
>> > > Morningstar, but I see moneycentral.msn.com has quotes for funds
>> > > from the 27th-- not the 26th, and not the 28th.
>> > >
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > >
>> > > >Cal,
>> > > >
>> > > >Did MS just update quotes server for M2006 ?
>> > > >If so, is this the fix ? what's the downside of downloading this ?
>> Anyone
>> > > >know ?
>> > > >I don't use passport or any online features except quote download.
>> > > >
>> > > >Bobb
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > > >> "ga" <gashfordjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > > >> news:kTx8f.27755$E17.10465@fe03.lga...
>> > > >> > The last good quote that I have been able to get is 10/26/2005
>> > > >> (Wednesday).
>> > > >> > I also had a similiar problem for a few days last week.
>> > > >> > "Frankie Yung" <frankyung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > > >> > news:%23OQOjsA3FHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> > > >> > > I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual
>> funds,
>> > > >it
>> > > >> > > doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the Internet
>> and
>> > > >> > > found out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch
>> > > >> > > to fix it but no fix for Money 2005.  How do you solve it?
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > >
>> 
>> 
>> 
0
anonymous (74722)
10/30/2005 11:05:33 PM
PS: AIR, they use the downloaded Day's Change, but they get the number of
shares from your PC and do the multiplication on your PC, not on the server.

Maybe one of the Money MVPs can confirm and/or correct this.



On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:05:33 -0600, Myrna Larson
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I believe the reason is that your PC shows a close price for yesterday, and
>they also get from the server and ADJUSTED CLOSE price -- adjusted for the
>fact that the fund went ex-dividend on that day. So their price change, in
>this case, is not the same as the change you would get if you subtracted
>yesterday's price from your PC from the current close.
>
>
>On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:28:02 -0700, "edro" <edro@discussions.microsoft.com>
>wrote:
>
>>
>>So what you are telling me is that they "read" the total number of shares I 
>>own and then multiply the (number of shares owned) and (change in price for 
>>the day) then download that to my "Today's Total Chage" instead of letting
my
>>PC do this calculation?  Seems kind of a backwards way to setup a program
and
>>kind of scary that they know the number of shares I own.
>>
>>"- Bobb -" wrote:
>>
>>> I noticed this last month - the math IS done at their server: and since
>>> yesterday's prices are " messed up tight now" at the server - it can't do
>>> the math. On my M2001 PC it has been updating the prices but still not the
>>> Total column. (Although this morning 2 funds show the change - only 2 of
>15)
>>> 
>>> From last month:
>>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>>> From: "- Bobb -" <nospam87@netscape.net>
>>> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.money
>>> Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:29 PM
>>> Subject: "Today" column not updating - on SOME items
>>> 
>>> 
>>> > I connect and update my money info online.
>>> > Money shows me the price change for all of my funds but - for SOME funds
>>> > only - does NOT update the "Today" column.
>>> >
>>> > I was surprised to see that - I thought that the math was done at MY pc
-
>>> > not online. So if I owned 100 shares of XYZ and YESTERDAY it was $20 per
>>> > share (Money knows that - I update everyday) and today it is $21/share
on
>>> my
>>> > screen I see 100 shares $21 per share - it DOES know the new price, but
>in
>>> > the TODAY column it does not show $100 as expected - it's blank.
>>> >
>>> > So I selected "update price" on those items that show no info in TODAY
>>> > column to see what's in there and what happens is that YESTERDAY's price
>>> is
>>> > not listed any longer - it WAS there - so it can't subtract yesterday's
>>> price from today -
>>> > yesterday had NO price according to Money server. Yet, I retry an hour
>>> later
>>> > (giving MS server time to update) and - if MS did "something" it DOES
>show
>>> > the gain and when I check , it does also now show yesterday's price .
>Same
>>> > thing on M2001 and M2004.
>>> >
>>> > Why does it "temporarily" delete yesterday's price ? ...  and then
>restore
>>> > it . Others see this too ?  Seems buggy and strange I never noticed it
>>> before.
>>> >
>>> > Bobb
>>> 
>>> "edro" <edro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:D5E71EA6-5EFB-4A91-B8BB-D3B26A15CA30@microsoft.com...
>>> > If you are having the same problem as I am, I don't see how this could
be
>>> a
>>> > download problem.  The downloaded quote prices are correct (even for the
>>> > funds) but the calculations are not displaying for "Today's Total
>Change".
>>> > Seems like a program problem (for me) since the download servers are not
>>> > aware of (I hope) the number of shares I own.
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>>> >
>>> > > In microsoft.public.money, - Bobb - wrote:
>>> > >
>>> > > >ga,
>>> > > >
>>> > > >I just saw this in another message here:
>>> > > >
>>> > > >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328831
>>> > > >
>>> > > >" Microsoft Money uses the MSN Money quotes server. The MSN Money Web
>>> site
>>> > > >requires that the latest MSN Money ActiveX controls be installed on
>>> your
>>> > > >computer."
>>> > > >
>>> > > >Might this be the issue ?
>>> > >
>>> > > No. The problem is too widespread.
>>> > >
>>> > > I was suspecting that the problem might be in the feed from
>>> > > Morningstar, but I see moneycentral.msn.com has quotes for funds
>>> > > from the 27th-- not the 26th, and not the 28th.
>>> > >
>>> > >
>>> > >
>>> > > >
>>> > > >Cal,
>>> > > >
>>> > > >Did MS just update quotes server for M2006 ?
>>> > > >If so, is this the fix ? what's the downside of downloading this ?
>>> Anyone
>>> > > >know ?
>>> > > >I don't use passport or any online features except quote download.
>>> > > >
>>> > > >Bobb
>>> > > >
>>> > > >
>>> > > >
>>> > > >> "ga" <gashfordjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> > > >> news:kTx8f.27755$E17.10465@fe03.lga...
>>> > > >> > The last good quote that I have been able to get is 10/26/2005
>>> > > >> (Wednesday).
>>> > > >> > I also had a similiar problem for a few days last week.
>>> > > >> > "Frankie Yung" <frankyung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> > > >> > news:%23OQOjsA3FHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> > > >> > > I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual
>>> funds,
>>> > > >it
>>> > > >> > > doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the
Internet
>>> and
>>> > > >> > > found out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch
>>> > > >> > > to fix it but no fix for Money 2005.  How do you solve it?
>>> > > >
>>> > > >
>>> > >
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
0
anonymous (74722)
10/30/2005 11:34:12 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to change the string value in the registry?
How to change the "string value" in the registry from the code? As there is a functionality in my application that the user can change the "string value" with some GUI. But I m not able to change it as there is a function RegReplaceKey but its only to take the backup of old file and to replace it with new one and even i dont know how to use this functin to suit my case. RegSetValue/Ex() should do it I think. -Seetharam Look at the Registry APIs. Also, take a look at my Registry class on my MVP Tips site. joe On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:59:33 -0700, HItz <hitesh_im...

Display full email address in addition to Nickname
People I don't know send me emails using their nickname "John", etc. I'd like to have be able to see their full email address displayed in my INBOX instead of just their nickname, so I know which emails to delete without opening or having to press options and the email address of the sender. If I add the column "email" nothing happens. Is there a way to do this? ...

how can I get the total hrs of a delay when it is greater than 24
I work for an airline and sometimes I need to know the total hours of a delay, and when the delay is greater than 24 hours. In my report I hav something like this: arrival time in colum A departure time colum B result in colum C 10/23/09 21:00 10/24/09 23:00 2:00 and really the delay was of 26 hours. How can I obtain this? I already set up my Tools-Options-Canculation to 1904 date system Format Custom as [h]:mm No need to use 1904 date system -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "El Ixmahana" <ElIxmahana...

Name change due to marriage...
I have a user who recently got married and would like to have her new married name for her emails, but also wants external users to be able to send emails to her old address until she has adequate time to inform everyone. Her new email would be something like lastname-newname, firstname instead of lastname, firstname. Should I create a new account with her new name and forward all her emails from the old account to the new one and can I copy her current pst into the new one? THanks for everyone's help. No. Just highlight her account in ADUC, and choose re-name. Make the neede...

Unable to Open received PO (change to "change order")
Great Plains will not allow me to change this Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: Here is the message I get: However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: How can I re-open this Purchase Order so I can change the price??? Thank you. Unfortunately, the pasted messages did not come through. Once a line item is received, you can change its cost only during invoice matching. The process would be to return the item; add a new row with the correct cost; and receive and invoice the new item. Not an elegant solution, for sure. -- Charles Allen, MVP &quo...

Tracked changes function misbehaving
I have a simple workbook (2002) in which the Track Changes feature is enabled. End users have reported periodic problems with the contents of cells "mysteriously" changing. In process of investigating these, have found that when tracked changes are highlighted, the comments that describe changes are not always associated with the correct cell. Example, comment on cell B114 states "Changed cell B114 from '<blank>' to '12345'". In fact, contents of cell B114 is "67890" and contents of cell B104 is actually "12345". Has anyone...

Changing font size in data validation drop-down lists
In Excel 2003, I created the value list on a separate worksheet and labled the range so I could use it in the data validation wizard on a different worksheet. The list is working fine; however, the font size in the drop-down list is too small to comfortably read. So far, I have tried: Making the font in the list larger. Formatting larger font size in the active cell with the drop-down button And, creating the list on the same worksheet. All three remedies have not increased the size of the font in the drop-down list. Suggestions are welcome. Great Optimism, Dutch Driver There is n...

OPOS Line Display Service Object
Hi, I am a newbie in OPOS. I am developing a service object for OPOS line display. When trying to use it through the MonroeCS CO control (OPOSLineDisplay.ocx, version OposCCOs-1_11_001), Open gives code 104 (=OPOS_E_NOSERVICE), and get_OpenResult() gives code 305 (=OPOS_OR_BADIF). What these return codes really means ? In Control Programmer's Guide (OLE for Retail POS, Release 1.6) this is said in page 18, item 5: CLIP --> .... (This ensures that the Service Object supports at least the minimum methods of a valid Service Object for the device class, before calling any of its methods...

Excel date changes
I have created a spreadsheet using excel which requires the use dates on a monthly basis (similar to a calendar). The problem I have is that every month I have to go in and change the dates on the spreadsheet to reflect those of the current month before printing. Is there a way I can make it so that excel does that for me every month. Thanks, I'd really appreciate the input. Please elaborate on what the spreadsheet looks like. "phonescoop@hotmail.com" wrote: > I have created a spreadsheet using excel which requires the use dates > on a monthly basis (similar to a cal...

Change order of A/R Statements
How can I change the order in which customer statements print out of RMS? I would like to print statements sorted by company name. Currently, the statements print in some random order....I think based on CustomerID. Paul, I agree. I just had a customer tell me the same thing. They need the statements in Alphabetical order. The current order appears to be straight out of the customer table in the order they were entered. It has been posted as a suggestion - vote for it and push it higher on the "list". Claude "Paul Arenson" wrote: > How can I chang...

Changing URL from Ticker Symbol
Many of partners in Japan want to changing URL from Ticker Symbol in order to jump to a web site in Japan instead of http://moneycentral.msn.com/ . ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowse...

can i see the date the last time a cell was changed?
I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. Use a worksheet_change event to copy the cell address and put in a date stamp. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "JohnNuTek" <JohnNuTek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5085A544-CBF4-4B81-A244-B03DE9A0E9E6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell > everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. There really isn't a worksheet formula to do that. Typicall...

Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Bat
During Edit Checks, we get the following message: Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Batch_Headers' could not find a record. Then we get this message: This transaction was recovered during normal processing. You may continue processing this transaction. Any suggestions? You might want to run Check Links on payables. Before doing this, make sure you have a backup of your dynamics and company databases. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "GPI" wrote: > During Edit Checks, we get the following message: > > Unhandled databas...

How to display video in Outlook
emails containing video display the video as large blocks of text characters. How do I get Outlook to display video and play its accompanying audio? "lombo" <lombo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4EF6106-000D-4710-81D5-3B6D2A0B19DF@microsoft.com... > emails containing video display the video as large blocks of text > characters. > How do I get Outlook to display video and play its accompanying audio? I suspect you're seeing the raw MIME encoding. This is a sign you have something interfering with Outlook's correct decoding of...

trouble changing data type
I am running MS Access 2007 on Windows XP Professional 2002 (SP2). I need to change the data type of a single field in a table containing just over 1.4M records in order to link it with another table and run a Make-Table Query, but Access is telling me I do not have enough memory to change the data type. I have 1GB of RAM and a Pentium 4, 2.79 GHz processor. Am I out of luck based on the equiptment I am working with, or is there a way around this? Much appreciated. -- Kevin Philadelphia, PA First backup your database. Next Compact and Repair. Third add the new field datatype. C...

Changing size and placement of maximized dialog
Hi, I want to have maximized window not on all screen. how to change maximized size and placement of dialog ? I red doc for SetWindowPlacement(&wPlac) and I have tried in OnInitDialog(): wPLac.length = sizeof(WINDOWPLACEMENT); GetWindowPlacement(&wPlac); wPlac.ptMaxPosition.x = 200; wPlac.ptMaxPosition.y = 200; SetWindowPlacement(&wPlac) But after dialog is maximized it is on all screen. What is wrong ? Peter "Peter": > I want to have maximized window not on all screen. > how to change maximized size and placement of dialog ? > I red doc for SetWindowPlaceme...

List Box no displaying added choices
I have several drop-down list boxes in a few forms that I am having trouble with. When I originally set up the database, I created the tables and entered a few items to be included in the drop down list in the lookup section of the table (design view). I then created the forms and inserted those fields. I have since added several new choices to the drop-down list of the table, and those new selections are available in the Table, but they are not available in the Form. The only items available in the drop down list on the Form are those choices that were originally there when I set up the fo...

Grand Substraction instead of Grand Total in pivot table
Hello, I created a pivot table in Excel with Visual Report 2007. I'm using an Outline Code with 2 leaves : Receipts and Expenses. The pivot table created automatically a Grand Total so that $1000 Receipts and $800 Expenses => Grand Total = $1800. My accountant says $200. Generally, it's possible to create calculated fields in the Excel pivot tables. But in the pivot table created by the Visual Reprot, all the Calculated Field options are greyed out. Why ? Thanks for any help I don't know what visual report is, but suspect that it would be more a question for them not Excel a...

Conditional text field Total
Hi, In the detail section of a report I have a text box that based on a condition, it will be either a 0 or a 1. I want to total the control at the end of the report. I did this in another report a couple of years ago but it is not working now. In the previous report, the ControlSource of the total is = [TextBoxNameFromDetailSection] and it sums correctly. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Leah -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201001/1 Thanks but I see what was missing - "running sum over ...

SFO error message "write protected change are not synchronized" 07-28-05
Hi! When I am changing (closing) an kalender activity from my CRM SFO klient i recieve an message that "The item is write protected in Microsoft CRM. Changes are not synchronized to the Microsoft CRM system" (translatet error message). Do you have any ide what i wrong? ...

Change the format of my footer {date} option?
I would like to show the date in my footer as January 25, 2005 instead of the default 01/25/05 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End With End Sub put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:817363F1-32AB-4528-B1D6-304F8E712EA8@microsoft.com... > I would like to show the date in my footer as January 25, 2005 instead of the &g...

Cell formatting: displaying lat/long coordinates
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4366C.F3FDF050 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rather than formatting a cell to display time in hours and minutes and = seconds, I would like to display latitude and longitude in degrees, = minutes, and seconds. e.g. 43=BA 25' 34" Is this possible in Excel 2000? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4366C.F3FDF050 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W...

Sorting and Displaying data
I have some data, a list of names with locations and a single number. Something like: Steve 4 Boston Mary 3 Washinton Al 6 Boston Frank 2 Chicago Mort 8 Boston I want to have a seperate sheet that automatically lists the people from each city, sorted by the number. I would need this list to update 'on the fly' as new names are added with new numbers. So the output should be something like BOSTON WASHINGTON Mort Mary Al Steve etc. Thanks for any advice... ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup...

Report to show totals for each day of month
Greetings, I have an Excel spreadsheet that I use to capture: Column A) Day of the month (1-May, 2-May, etc.) Column B) How many clients were in residence on each day (Occupancy) Column C) Total Capacity (27) Column D) Shows a "1" if the Occupancy is 90% or more of the Total Capacity, else "0" The Totals row shows: Column B) The average Occupancy for the month Column D) Totals the times there is a "1" in Column D Is there a way for me to capture this data in a Report? I've got a query set up that uses these expressions: For AdmitDate: <=[Dat...

Grand total in report footer?
In doing a report, can you perform a grand subtotal of records by a category? For example if you have 50 records of people who served in the military and 1 field categorizes them by Soldier, Sailor, Marine or Airmen (But you do not want to sort by this field). Can a grand total be created in the report footer that shows me how many are in each category? -- Rose So you want to provide *another* summary of the data at the end of the report? Use a subreport in the Report Footer section. The subreport's Record Source will be a query that groups and counts as desired. It's all v...