To MS Support: Budget report bug in Money 2005 (and 2003,4)

Part of our income comes from investments and we have 
several brokerage accounts which are setup in Money 2002 
as investment accounts with a linked cash account.  
Dividend, interest and capital gains income comes into 
these accounts and is then transferred to a separate 
checking account to pay our living expenses.  Thus the 
investment accounts must be included in our budget.  
Money's budget feature is outstanding and crucial to our 
financial health.

I have tried to upgrade from Money 2002 but am unable to 
because Money 2003, 2004 and 2005 have a show stopper bug 
that destroys all budget reports.  My many requests to MS 
Support over the past 3 years have not produced a fix.

The bug is this:  if you buy or sell securities in an 
investment account with a linked cash account (the 
recommended setup) Money 2005 reports the transfer of 
funds from the linked cash account to the investment 
portion of the account as income or expense.  These are 
mere transfers of funds not income or expense and thus 
all budget reports are distorted by these incorrect 
figures.  The only way to eliminate these incorrect 
figures is to remove the particular investment account 
from your list of budget accounts.  But this destroys our 
entire budget since a significant portion of our income 
comes from these investment accounts.  Money 2002 does 
not have this problem and handles the transactions 
perfectly.  But Money 2002 has many other problems some 
of which have been fixed in Money 2005.

The erroneous numbers are reported by Money 2005,4,3 
under "Special" in the Budget Summary report 
as "transfers into or out of budget accounts".  We also 
have many asset accounts setup and we do make transfers 
from budget accounts into these asset accounts which are 
reported properly.  But the inclusion of mere transfers 
from a linked cash account into or out of an investment 
account is improper and must be fixed.

Regards

Bill Wood
0
w.wood (230)
10/2/2004 3:58:07 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

14 Replies
541 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 12

In microsoft.public.money, William Wood wrote:

>The erroneous numbers are reported by Money 2005,4,3 
>under "Special" in the Budget Summary report 
>as "transfers into or out of budget accounts".  We also 
>have many asset accounts setup and we do make transfers 
>from budget accounts into these asset accounts which are 
>reported properly.  But the inclusion of mere transfers 
>from a linked cash account into or out of an investment 
>account is improper and must be fixed.

I am wondering what kind of transaction you are referring to.
What does the transaction you are describing look like in the
Investment Transactions register?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/2/2004 4:31:28 PM
If you want MS Support to help you get something in the product fixed, 
posting here will not help. They don't read this. It's for user-to-user 
support. 


0
10/2/2004 5:14:04 PM
Actually I'd hope that Russ Paul-Jones has someone assigned to lurk here. 
Obviously it's not the official communications channel but they'd be stupid 
not to at least read it.
-- 
Chris Cowles,
Gainesville, FL

"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in 
message news:eWpK1NKqEHA.2236@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> If you want MS Support to help you get something in the product fixed, 
> posting here will not help. They don't read this. It's for user-to-user 
> support. 


0
NoSpam1246 (979)
10/2/2004 5:46:22 PM
I'd hope so too, and in the past he has lurked here as well. I suspect he 
is, even as we speak.

But he is not MS Support.

"Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message 
news:eiuY9eKqEHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Actually I'd hope that Russ Paul-Jones has someone assigned to lurk here. 
> Obviously it's not the official communications channel but they'd be 
> stupid not to at least read it. 


0
10/2/2004 6:30:18 PM
True. In many large development houses, the support branch is often under 
separate management.
-- 
Chris Cowles,
Gainesville, FL

"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in 
message news:uU4Jb4KqEHA.3728@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> But he is not MS Support. 


0
NoSpam1246 (979)
10/2/2004 7:15:10 PM
It certainly appears that in the case of Microsoft Money the only feedback 
from Support to Development that makes any impact is cost.

"Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message 
news:OhjElQLqEHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> True. In many large development houses, the support branch is often under 
> separate management.
>
> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in 
> message news:uU4Jb4KqEHA.3728@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> But he is not MS Support. 


0
10/2/2004 7:38:19 PM
>-----Original Message-----
>In microsoft.public.money, William Wood wrote:
>
>>The erroneous numbers are reported by Money 2005,4,3 
>>under "Special" in the Budget Summary report 
>>as "transfers into or out of budget accounts".  We also 
>>have many asset accounts setup and we do make transfers 
>>from budget accounts into these asset accounts which are 
>>reported properly.  But the inclusion of mere transfers 
>>from a linked cash account into or out of an investment 
>>account is improper and must be fixed.
>
>I am wondering what kind of transaction you are referring 
to.
>What does the transaction you are describing look like in 
the
>Investment Transactions register?
>.
>

The transactions are standard buys or sell of stocks, 
bonds etc in the investment transaction register.  If it a 
buy Money transfers cash out of the linked cash account to 
cover the purchase in the investment transaction register 
and visa versa for a sale.  In other words in the 
investment transaction register, I record the date, name 
of the security, Buy or Sell, no of shares, and price in 
the register and Money computes the Total.  Money also 
automatically transfers funds out of the linked cash 
account as a payment or deposit equal to the Total amount 
in the investment register.  

The problem is that this transfer of funds from the linked 
cash account to the investment register is picked up in 
the Money 2005 Budget report as income or expense and 
called a transfer into or out of a budget account which is 
incorrect.  This is merely an inter-account transfer 
within a single brokerage account and does not represent 
income or expense.

I was hoping someone else might have seen this problem and 
I would have another voice to complain to MS.  MS support 
has acknowledged this issue as a bug since Money 2003 but 
they have not fixed it I suppose because they don't get 
enough complaints.  The odd thing is that Money 2002 
handles the transaction perfectly but unless they fix it I 
am stuck with Money 2002 forever.

Regards

Bill Wood
0
anonymous (74722)
10/2/2004 10:45:49 PM
I seem to have a similar problem with 2005. There are three "Special"
lines in my Budget Summary that are wildly inaccurate, and defeat the
entire purpose of a budget (to be able to see at a glance any
shortfall of surplus over a given period):

Special - Debt
Special - Transfers into budget accounts
Special - Transfers out of budget accounts

For the "Transfers out of budget" line I think I see the problem: For
the Current Year this shows Actual $19,000 Budget $0.00

$19,000 just happens to be the combined 401k and IRA (x2)
contributions (maxed out), which is correct, but why are they shown as
"Transfers out of budget"?

I don't seem to have any ability to budget for this, either, to offset
the error. I can't seem to add anything to the "Transfers out of
budget" section of the budget editor (this section has always remained
empty, and the budget amount in the Budget Summary has always been
$0.00).

I notice also that my 401k account and by IRA brokerage accounts are
not available to be "checked" on the list of accounts considered for
budgeting. I guess if I could find a way to include these accounts in
the budget, theses "Special" lines would be more accurate... Does
anyone know why these accounts don't show up on the list? Or how to
add them to the budget?

As for the Debt line -- same story. I had some loans receivable that I
set up Asset accounts for -- these aren't available for inclusion in
the budget either, so I get a large "Actual" negative Debt value and a
$0.00 budget value which I can't change.

-----

While I was typing this up I had an idea and went into the account
settings for the 401k and the IRAs. There are two check boxes in
there:

Include this account in the budget planner
Use this account for budgeted savings goals

Both of these check boxes were disabled and unchecked for all three
accounts.
I managed to get them enabled by doing the following:

Uncheck "Retirement Account". This made the "Employer Matching" button
disappear, to reveal the "Tax deferred" check box.
Uncheck "Tax deferred". This enabled (and checked) the two "budget"
check boxes". Go figure.
Check "Retirement Account". The "Employer Matching" button reappeared,
completeley hiding the "Tax deferred" check box.

Now I have the three accounts listed in the Budgeted Accounts list,
and my budgeted amounts are at zero again.

I still don't know how to include Asset Accounts in the budget -- no
budget check boxes for those, grayed or otherwise.

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<36d701c4a8d1$902dfa20$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> >-----Original Message-----
> >In microsoft.public.money, William Wood wrote:
> >
> >>The erroneous numbers are reported by Money 2005,4,3 
> >>under "Special" in the Budget Summary report 
> >>as "transfers into or out of budget accounts".  We also 
> >>have many asset accounts setup and we do make transfers 
> >>from budget accounts into these asset accounts which are 
> >>reported properly.  But the inclusion of mere transfers 
> >>from a linked cash account into or out of an investment 
> >>account is improper and must be fixed.
> >
> >I am wondering what kind of transaction you are referring 
>  to.
> >What does the transaction you are describing look like in 
>  the
> >Investment Transactions register?
> >.
> >
> 
> The transactions are standard buys or sell of stocks, 
> bonds etc in the investment transaction register.  If it a 
> buy Money transfers cash out of the linked cash account to 
> cover the purchase in the investment transaction register 
> and visa versa for a sale.  In other words in the 
> investment transaction register, I record the date, name 
> of the security, Buy or Sell, no of shares, and price in 
> the register and Money computes the Total.  Money also 
> automatically transfers funds out of the linked cash 
> account as a payment or deposit equal to the Total amount 
> in the investment register.  
> 
> The problem is that this transfer of funds from the linked 
> cash account to the investment register is picked up in 
> the Money 2005 Budget report as income or expense and 
> called a transfer into or out of a budget account which is 
> incorrect.  This is merely an inter-account transfer 
> within a single brokerage account and does not represent 
> income or expense.
> 
> I was hoping someone else might have seen this problem and 
> I would have another voice to complain to MS.  MS support 
> has acknowledged this issue as a bug since Money 2003 but 
> they have not fixed it I suppose because they don't get 
> enough complaints.  The odd thing is that Money 2002 
> handles the transaction perfectly but unless they fix it I 
> am stuck with Money 2002 forever.
> 
> Regards
> 
> Bill Wood
0
10/28/2004 5:20:37 AM
I forgot to mention that I still have the wrong values in the "Actual"
side of the budget for "Special - Transfers in/out", but now all of
those transactions are of the type mentioned by the previous poster --
purchases of stock (funded from within the same account's cash
portion), or dividends (credited to the cash portion of the holding
account). I'm assuming that this is a bug that I can't work around.

wayne.bradney@usa.net (Wayne Bradney) wrote in message news:<6170aeb9.0410272120.1454b279@posting.google.com>...
> I seem to have a similar problem with 2005. There are three "Special"
> lines in my Budget Summary that are wildly inaccurate, and defeat the
> entire purpose of a budget (to be able to see at a glance any
> shortfall of surplus over a given period):
> 
> Special - Debt
> Special - Transfers into budget accounts
> Special - Transfers out of budget accounts
> 
> For the "Transfers out of budget" line I think I see the problem: For
> the Current Year this shows Actual $19,000 Budget $0.00
> 
> $19,000 just happens to be the combined 401k and IRA (x2)
> contributions (maxed out), which is correct, but why are they shown as
> "Transfers out of budget"?
> 
> I don't seem to have any ability to budget for this, either, to offset
> the error. I can't seem to add anything to the "Transfers out of
> budget" section of the budget editor (this section has always remained
> empty, and the budget amount in the Budget Summary has always been
> $0.00).
> 
> I notice also that my 401k account and by IRA brokerage accounts are
> not available to be "checked" on the list of accounts considered for
> budgeting. I guess if I could find a way to include these accounts in
> the budget, theses "Special" lines would be more accurate... Does
> anyone know why these accounts don't show up on the list? Or how to
> add them to the budget?
> 
> As for the Debt line -- same story. I had some loans receivable that I
> set up Asset accounts for -- these aren't available for inclusion in
> the budget either, so I get a large "Actual" negative Debt value and a
> $0.00 budget value which I can't change.
> 
> -----
> 
> While I was typing this up I had an idea and went into the account
> settings for the 401k and the IRAs. There are two check boxes in
> there:
> 
> Include this account in the budget planner
> Use this account for budgeted savings goals
> 
> Both of these check boxes were disabled and unchecked for all three
> accounts.
> I managed to get them enabled by doing the following:
> 
> Uncheck "Retirement Account". This made the "Employer Matching" button
> disappear, to reveal the "Tax deferred" check box.
> Uncheck "Tax deferred". This enabled (and checked) the two "budget"
> check boxes". Go figure.
> Check "Retirement Account". The "Employer Matching" button reappeared,
> completeley hiding the "Tax deferred" check box.
> 
> Now I have the three accounts listed in the Budgeted Accounts list,
> and my budgeted amounts are at zero again.
> 
> I still don't know how to include Asset Accounts in the budget -- no
> budget check boxes for those, grayed or otherwise.
> 
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<36d701c4a8d1$902dfa20$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> > >-----Original Message-----
> > >In microsoft.public.money, William Wood wrote:
> > >
> > >>The erroneous numbers are reported by Money 2005,4,3 
> > >>under "Special" in the Budget Summary report 
> > >>as "transfers into or out of budget accounts".  We also 
> > >>have many asset accounts setup and we do make transfers 
> > >>from budget accounts into these asset accounts which are 
> > >>reported properly.  But the inclusion of mere transfers 
> > >>from a linked cash account into or out of an investment 
> > >>account is improper and must be fixed.
> > >
> > >I am wondering what kind of transaction you are referring 
>  to.
> > >What does the transaction you are describing look like in 
>  the
> > >Investment Transactions register?
> > >.
> > >
> > 
> > The transactions are standard buys or sell of stocks, 
> > bonds etc in the investment transaction register.  If it a 
> > buy Money transfers cash out of the linked cash account to 
> > cover the purchase in the investment transaction register 
> > and visa versa for a sale.  In other words in the 
> > investment transaction register, I record the date, name 
> > of the security, Buy or Sell, no of shares, and price in 
> > the register and Money computes the Total.  Money also 
> > automatically transfers funds out of the linked cash 
> > account as a payment or deposit equal to the Total amount 
> > in the investment register.  
> > 
> > The problem is that this transfer of funds from the linked 
> > cash account to the investment register is picked up in 
> > the Money 2005 Budget report as income or expense and 
> > called a transfer into or out of a budget account which is 
> > incorrect.  This is merely an inter-account transfer 
> > within a single brokerage account and does not represent 
> > income or expense.
> > 
> > I was hoping someone else might have seen this problem and 
> > I would have another voice to complain to MS.  MS support 
> > has acknowledged this issue as a bug since Money 2003 but 
> > they have not fixed it I suppose because they don't get 
> > enough complaints.  The odd thing is that Money 2002 
> > handles the transaction perfectly but unless they fix it I 
> > am stuck with Money 2002 forever.
> > 
> > Regards
> > 
> > Bill Wood
0
10/28/2004 12:50:17 PM
I have this same problem.  The biggest problem is the people making this 
program are not accountants.  I have several tranactions monthly where I 
automatically shift money from one asset account to another (one checking 
account to a savings, one checking account to another.....coins in my right 
pocket to my left pocket) and Microsoft thinks that is a cost or an expense 
or something that affects my cash flow.  Giving my wife $50 is not an expense 
and has no impact on our cash flow--but Money wants to include it in the 
budget as an expense or as a budget-impacting event.  This is very 
frustrating.  Moeny seems to have all kinds of options locked out or forced 
upon us cause they can't imagine why someone would want to do these kinds of 
things.  Problems is, anyone who really understands accounting or who wants 
to conform to reality needs them.  I am kinda sick of all these handicaps.  
Makes me long for my tiny little simple double entry system CheckMate.  I 
still use that for my general ledger and journal for small businesses cause 
Money can't conform to simple basic accounting principles.

"William Wood" wrote:

> Part of our income comes from investments and we have 
> several brokerage accounts which are setup in Money 2002 
> as investment accounts with a linked cash account.  
> Dividend, interest and capital gains income comes into 
> these accounts and is then transferred to a separate 
> checking account to pay our living expenses.  Thus the 
> investment accounts must be included in our budget.  
> Money's budget feature is outstanding and crucial to our 
> financial health.
> 
> I have tried to upgrade from Money 2002 but am unable to 
> because Money 2003, 2004 and 2005 have a show stopper bug 
> that destroys all budget reports.  My many requests to MS 
> Support over the past 3 years have not produced a fix.
> 
> The bug is this:  if you buy or sell securities in an 
> investment account with a linked cash account (the 
> recommended setup) Money 2005 reports the transfer of 
> funds from the linked cash account to the investment 
> portion of the account as income or expense.  These are 
> mere transfers of funds not income or expense and thus 
> all budget reports are distorted by these incorrect 
> figures.  The only way to eliminate these incorrect 
> figures is to remove the particular investment account 
> from your list of budget accounts.  But this destroys our 
> entire budget since a significant portion of our income 
> comes from these investment accounts.  Money 2002 does 
> not have this problem and handles the transactions 
> perfectly.  But Money 2002 has many other problems some 
> of which have been fixed in Money 2005.
> 
> The erroneous numbers are reported by Money 2005,4,3 
> under "Special" in the Budget Summary report 
> as "transfers into or out of budget accounts".  We also 
> have many asset accounts setup and we do make transfers 
> from budget accounts into these asset accounts which are 
> reported properly.  But the inclusion of mere transfers 
> from a linked cash account into or out of an investment 
> account is improper and must be fixed.
> 
> Regards
> 
> Bill Wood
> 
0
11/28/2004 4:21:06 PM
OK, so I am starting to figure this out.  I have to make all these asset 
accounts budget accounts....then, any transfers amongst these asset accounts 
will not be part of my budget...cause that's like moving money from my right 
pocket to my left.  Thanks Dick Watson....I am learning...

"Christopher Glenn" wrote:

> I have this same problem.  The biggest problem is the people making this 
> program are not accountants.  I have several tranactions monthly where I 
> automatically shift money from one asset account to another (one checking 
> account to a savings, one checking account to another.....coins in my right 
> pocket to my left pocket) and Microsoft thinks that is a cost or an expense 
> or something that affects my cash flow.  Giving my wife $50 is not an expense 
> and has no impact on our cash flow--but Money wants to include it in the 
> budget as an expense or as a budget-impacting event.  This is very 
> frustrating.  Moeny seems to have all kinds of options locked out or forced 
> upon us cause they can't imagine why someone would want to do these kinds of 
> things.  Problems is, anyone who really understands accounting or who wants 
> to conform to reality needs them.  I am kinda sick of all these handicaps.  
> Makes me long for my tiny little simple double entry system CheckMate.  I 
> still use that for my general ledger and journal for small businesses cause 
> Money can't conform to simple basic accounting principles.
> 
> "William Wood" wrote:
> 
> > Part of our income comes from investments and we have 
> > several brokerage accounts which are setup in Money 2002 
> > as investment accounts with a linked cash account.  
> > Dividend, interest and capital gains income comes into 
> > these accounts and is then transferred to a separate 
> > checking account to pay our living expenses.  Thus the 
> > investment accounts must be included in our budget.  
> > Money's budget feature is outstanding and crucial to our 
> > financial health.
> > 
> > I have tried to upgrade from Money 2002 but am unable to 
> > because Money 2003, 2004 and 2005 have a show stopper bug 
> > that destroys all budget reports.  My many requests to MS 
> > Support over the past 3 years have not produced a fix.
> > 
> > The bug is this:  if you buy or sell securities in an 
> > investment account with a linked cash account (the 
> > recommended setup) Money 2005 reports the transfer of 
> > funds from the linked cash account to the investment 
> > portion of the account as income or expense.  These are 
> > mere transfers of funds not income or expense and thus 
> > all budget reports are distorted by these incorrect 
> > figures.  The only way to eliminate these incorrect 
> > figures is to remove the particular investment account 
> > from your list of budget accounts.  But this destroys our 
> > entire budget since a significant portion of our income 
> > comes from these investment accounts.  Money 2002 does 
> > not have this problem and handles the transactions 
> > perfectly.  But Money 2002 has many other problems some 
> > of which have been fixed in Money 2005.
> > 
> > The erroneous numbers are reported by Money 2005,4,3 
> > under "Special" in the Budget Summary report 
> > as "transfers into or out of budget accounts".  We also 
> > have many asset accounts setup and we do make transfers 
> > from budget accounts into these asset accounts which are 
> > reported properly.  But the inclusion of mere transfers 
> > from a linked cash account into or out of an investment 
> > account is improper and must be fixed.
> > 
> > Regards
> > 
> > Bill Wood
> > 
0
11/28/2004 4:33:02 PM
OK, that notwithstanding, here's a problem:

It assumes that my $2000 mortgage payment should impact my budget.  This 
isn't the case because $400 goes into escrow and only becomes an expense 
(from an accrual accounting standpoint) when the County debits my escrow 
account for taxes.  As such--budget is counting my property tax payment 
twice.  Once when I put the money into escrow and the second when the tax is 
paid from escrow.  This REALLY FRUSTRATES ME.  Why does budget not give you 
some control!?

0
11/28/2004 4:39:04 PM
OK, so here's the work around: take the category "58600 property taxes" 
(notice I use standard accounting numbering of 1,2,3,4,5 as part of all my 
account names) out of the budget.  That eliminates the double counting.

"Christopher Glenn" wrote:

> OK, that notwithstanding, here's a problem:
> 
> It assumes that my $2000 mortgage payment should impact my budget.  This 
> isn't the case because $400 goes into escrow and only becomes an expense 
> (from an accrual accounting standpoint) when the County debits my escrow 
> account for taxes.  As such--budget is counting my property tax payment 
> twice.  Once when I put the money into escrow and the second when the tax is 
> paid from escrow.  This REALLY FRUSTRATES ME.  Why does budget not give you 
> some control!?
> 
0
11/28/2004 4:43:04 PM
.....and then I also have to take "56XXX mortgage interest" and "56XXX 
Homeowners Insurance" out of the budget to to avoid doublecounting with the 
forced "debt" payment in the budget.

"Christopher Glenn" wrote:

> OK, so here's the work around: take the category "58600 property taxes" 
> (notice I use standard accounting numbering of 1,2,3,4,5 as part of all my 
> account names) out of the budget.  That eliminates the double counting.
> 
> "Christopher Glenn" wrote:
> 
> > OK, that notwithstanding, here's a problem:
> > 
> > It assumes that my $2000 mortgage payment should impact my budget.  This 
> > isn't the case because $400 goes into escrow and only becomes an expense 
> > (from an accrual accounting standpoint) when the County debits my escrow 
> > account for taxes.  As such--budget is counting my property tax payment 
> > twice.  Once when I put the money into escrow and the second when the tax is 
> > paid from escrow.  This REALLY FRUSTRATES ME.  Why does budget not give you 
> > some control!?
> > 
0
11/28/2004 4:45:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003
How do I migrate I personal folders file (.pst) from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003? Read the Help Files: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "rolo" <rolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:706405A0-2971-409F-B213-67714B12713C@microsoft.com... > How do I migrate I personal folders file (.pst) from Outlook 2000 to > Outlook > 2003? Thanks Russ it helped. By the way how can I get to this useful help files? "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Read the Help Files: > htt...

Matching transactions in 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005. I've always had trouble getting transactions to match when they are downloaded from the bank. For instance, I would enter a transaction into Money, and then when it downloaded my statement from the bank it would enter a new transaction instead of matching it to the one that I created. In 2004, you could right-click on the transaction and then choose "match", or something along those lines. I don't see that option in 2005. How do you match duplicate transactions in 2005? I'm using Premium if it matters, and my register view ...

Count If Formula #4
I need a formula that will figure the following: If column C = 3, count all times < 00:45 If column C = 4, count all times < 00:45 If column C = 3, count all times > 00:46 Thanks. Your description is a bit confused.You have different actions for the same value (C=3). And where are the times, in a different column than C? So, making many assumptions, perhaps =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C1:C200,{3,4},0))),--(D1:D200<TIME(0,45,0)))+S UMPRODUCT(--(C1:C200=5),--(D1:D200<TIME(0,46,0))) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Denise"...

Reporting from Project Server
I dont know if i need to ask this question here or in the Access section. I have an ODBC connection to the Project Server database so I can make reports through Access. Access' limit of 255 fields per table is causing me some trouble. for example, the MSP_VIEW_PROJ_PROJECTS_ENT table has well over 255 fields. Access only shows me the first 255 fields. how can I change that so I can see all the fields in that table? thanks, Hadi Hadi, I have not tried this yet it may be a viable option. Have your DBA create a view that pulls the key fields to this table and the specifi...

Problems with reallocations in the Advanced Budget
I am a using the Advanced Budget in Money and for years I have reallocated money between categories and months. recently when I updated my transactions all my real locations were wrong. Basically the money I allocated from March to February was not only back in February it reversed it and made it look like I sent Money from February to March so now any category that I have reallocated money (an that is most) is wrong. Does anyone know of a way to fix this, I have run the repair, but that did nothing. Microsoft Money Plus Premium Version 17.0.125.1415 I am so glad to see that I am...

Cannot open Outlook, keep getting Send error report of Microsoft.
We are having problems with Outlook 2003. Everytime we try to open, we get this: Send error report to Microsoft. Any ideas why? All windows and office update have been completed. ...

will CRM load on a 2003 server?
will CRM load on a 2003 server? Microsoft CRM v1.2 supports Windows 2000/2003 Server. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >will CRM load on a 2003 server? >. > No problem. We just completed a 1.2 installation on a 2003 server, without any problems. Brian Demoe "Troy Hicks" <tlhicks@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:03dd01c3dcb2$93653a00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > will CRM load on a 2003 server? CRM 1.2 will also load on Small business server 2003 as wel...

Filters not working in Exchange 2003
I have been trying to turn on the Recipient, Connection, and Sender filters. I have gone to the Default SMTP Virtual Server and turned it on there without getting an error but when I go to the Properties and add senders to block and the hit Apply, it tells me that I must manually turn the filtering on in the SMTP VS. I have stopped and started the Default SMTP VS but still no luck. Any ideas? Hi Wayne That is a standard dialog box, it does not check to see if it is already enabled, have you tested the sender filtering? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided &quo...

setup Windows Mail as Word 2003 default emailer
All I can do is setup Outlook. I do not use Outlook. I would like to email Word docs using MS Windows Mail (new version of Express) In the Windows Start area, type Regedit into the search bar and then start the Registry Editor and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Clients>Mail Right Click on the (Default) item and then on Modify and in the Value data: field enter Windows Mail so that after you click OK, you have (Default) REG_SZ WIndows Mail -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a pa...

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails
I have an issue where there is a SBS 2003 server (newly installed) & when I drag emails to the file system (explorer window) in order to create file records of the emails it generates an error. Dialog Box Name: Error Copying File or Folder Error Msg: Not enough storage is available to process this command. I can't find an error logged anywhere, either on the server event logs or on the local machine event logs... I have searched the MS KB & Office online, but no joy yet... If anyone can help that would be great!!! R ...

Redirect Exchange 2000 IS backup to different Exchange 2003 server
I recently added an Exchange 2003 server to the same org as a 2000 server. I have dbs from the 2000 server that I need to restore to retrieve email from a user whose mailbox was moved to 2003. So I need to restore the db for that mailbox from BEFORE it was moved because when you move mailboxes you lose any deleted items that were being saved by retention policy. Is this possible? I'm using Veritas Backup Exec 10 but nothing in their support KB seems to follow this exact scenario. If it helps, the old Exch 2000 server is currently empty of users and is ready to be uninstalled. W...

How to move MS Office without reinstalling?
I have an iMac that has had Microsoft Office on it since 2002 or so. Other family members have bought MS Office as well since then. They are all v. X. Each has a unique product ID and the only disc copy I can find for installing MS Office has a key on it. I don't know if it was my original copy. I will soon be reinstalling an OS on the iMac and in the process, I will have to wipe it clean. Is it possible to copy all of the MS Office files to appropriate backup locations, then copy them back when the install is done so I do not have to reinstall from the disc and risk it not be...

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

How do I Remove a Split from my Comments in Excel 2003? #2
I have set my current workbook to split/freeze the first column and first 2 rows. Now, when I add a comment to the second row (in any column) my comments are cut off if I should scroll down. I don't ever remember the behavior before. And I don't know what I've done to enable it but it's really annoying. How do turn this off ? ...

MS POS = RMS? Also, SQL Connectivity...
I'm new to MS Dynamics software, and I may be posting this in the wrong section - please let me know if I am. I have recently opened a retail store, and purchased MS Point of Sale to manage my POS functions. Is this software also called RMS? Is it a PART of RMS? From what I can find online, I cannot tell. Also, I'm interested in connecting to MS POS's MS SQL database with an external program (OSQL) to automate some SQL queries at the end of each day. Does anyone know what I use for the datebase name (master?), username (sa?), and password? I cannot seem to find any doc...

unable to paste Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003
(This was posted on "excel.charting" group.) I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

SQL 2005 Great Plains 9 issue
I will try to keep this succinct. I am running Great Plains 9 with SQL 2005 on separate servers. Recently I brought up a new SQL server(called sql02) to replace the old SQL server(called sql01). After installing SQL 2005 on the new server and restoring all the databases I renamed the new server(sql02) to the name of the old Server(sql01). Great Plains worked happily after that. On the new SQL server now called SQL01 there are two database engines in SQL Studio, one is called SQL02 and the other is called SQL01. I would rather not have SQL02 there, but I'm not sure how to delet...

Money End of Support
I may be asking something that's already been asked 1000 times (apologies in advance), but I'm just not 100% clear on something re: Microsoft's decision to end their support of Money. I'm a current Money Plus customer who uses the online features for stock updates, credit card downloads, bank statement downloads, and investment downloads (no Bill Pay). Reading their FAQ page, it seems that service should continue until 1/31/2011. However, when I shutdown money, I get a message that says "online services will expire in 21 days (that's what I got today). After ...

Recreating site/directory connectors on 2003?
Just got the first 2003 server up and running. We have a single domain, and two sites/admin groups. SiteA contains the current 5.5 server (ServerA) and the new 2003 server (ServerB). SiteB contains a single 5.5 server (ServerC). There is a site connector created under 5.5 between SiteA and SiteB with ServerA and ServerC as the bridgeheads in each site. There is also a directory replication connector between SiteA and SiteB, again with ServerA and ServerC as the bridgeheads in each site. The ADC is installed and working with the default mailbox/public folder CA's for both SiteA ...

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit
Need help remotely connecting to 64 bit clients connected to SBS 2003 SP2. I have installed KB926505 (Vista compatabilty) on the server. When I try to establish the connection to the 64 bit machine using my 32 bit windows 7 laptop, I get a dialog box titled remote desktop disconnected. On the Windows 7 64 bit machine I have checked remote connection properties and also the advanced firewall properties, inbound connections remote connections are enabled under the domain profile. What am I missing? Thanks, So let me understand this? sorry I have a cold and it's hard for m...

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary
Is there a real need to backup OWA with the DR option available with Exchange 2003? There are no stores running on this box. -- Thanks Paul Paul, I am not sure I understand the question. OWA is just away of accessing your mailbox via a web browser, so by backing up the Exchange servers hosting the mailboxes you are backing up what you can see ia OWA. When you state that "there are no stores running on this box", what box are you reffering to ? Is it a front-end server ? Regards Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "Paul Bergson" <pbergson@allete_nospam.com> wrote in...

Budget queries
Hi I'm new to setting up a budget. I have the following queries: 1. What does the green down arrow mean next to the name of the "Receive From" name? and what does the up red arrow mean under the Expenses? 2. Why is there row underneath the above heading called "Other Income for "Wages& Salary"? The amount in this row is 0. This is happening for every Payslip entry I have entered in the Payslip. 3. Why is there a "Subtotal"? I find this confusing to read. Can it be removed somehow? 4. I've got other headings with nothing in them eg....

Inactive records in the "Look up records" dialogue (CRM 4.0)
Due to "dirty import data" I have a lot of duplicates in my CRM system. These have all been deactivated (but not merged) until they can be evaluated and deleted. Unfortunately, when I use "Advanced find" and use account name as a criteria, *all* accounts show up in the "Look up records" dialogue box - regardless of status. Is there any way to ensure only active accounts show up in this dialogue box? On Dec 4, 2:29=A0am, "maria.elmv...@gmail.com" <maria.elmv...@gmail.com> wrote: > Due to "dirty import data" I have a lot of duplicates...

Margin trouble with Publisher 2003
Hi, all. I've created a brochure using the trifold template, and am having some issues. Some specs: Publisher 2003 Canon i9900 printer, capable of edge-to-edge printing The issue: I can't actually get the publication to print edge-to-edge without the graphics being stretched. Also the margins are messed up. Bryce Alan Katz wrote: > I can't actually get the publication to print edge-to-edge without the > graphics being stretched. Also the margins are messed up. In most printers that support borderless printing, the printer driver stretches the page over the edge (to ...

Outlook 2003 drag and drop option has disappeared. Why?
It seems my option to drag and drop messages from my inbox to folders has disappeard. I'm wondering if there is an on/off toggle somewhere I'm missing. Any ideas? What do you mean it has "disappeared?" What are you doing and what happens when you try? What information store are you using? -- Russ Valentine "Vic" <Vic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38487EA7-641D-4A9E-ADE3-B127E57DD8AA@microsoft.com... > It seems my option to drag and drop messages from my inbox to folders has > disappeard. I'm wondering if there is...