ticker symbol already being used

In my continuing learning process I must have added a
mutual fund incorrectly.  Let's say the ticker is RYTRX
and I didn't know the actual name of the fund and called
it rytrx instead of its actual and full name.  Now that I
want to edit, Money refuses, stating that RYTRX is
assigned to rytrx.  I cannot insert the correct ticker for
the correctly names fund and want to learn how to correct
my mistake by finding where RYTRX and rytrx are paired,
and fix the problem.  Help.  Thanks.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, thomasjsmith wrote:

>In my continuing learning process I must have added a
>mutual fund incorrectly.  Let's say the ticker is RYTRX
>and I didn't know the actual name of the fund and called
>it rytrx instead of its actual and full name.  Now that I
>want to edit, Money refuses, stating that RYTRX is
>assigned to rytrx.  I cannot insert the correct ticker for
>the correctly names fund and want to learn how to correct
>my mistake by finding where RYTRX and rytrx are paired,
>and fix the problem.

Try the Portfolio view. Sort by No Headers. Click on the symbol
column to sort by symbol. If you find it there, the problem is
solved.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Using Access form to assign values of variables in an Excel VBA program
I have created a VBA program for Ms Excel.But,to get desired results, every time, I go into the code to change the values of variables.Is there a way to get the values of variables stored in an Access table? YOu need to do a search for ADO method (ActiveX Data Object). There are plenty of example of code on the web. You need to add two references in your VBA to use the method. from VBA menu tools - References 1) Microsoft Access XX.X object library 2) Microsfot ActiveX Data Objects X.X library Use the latest versio of the two libraries on your PC. You will make a conn...

Using the SDK to update customized fields
The SDK provides references to the XSD schema that can be used for writing CREATE or UPDATE statements. How do you go about updating a custom field that you've added to an entity. Specifically, we add a field to the INCIDENT entity using the DEPLOYMENT manager etc. How can i create my XML - what's the tag that I need to use in order to update the custom field (call it testfield - CFStestfield) does the XSD get updated automatically? Is there anyway to do this?? Thanks. Nick Nick, All you need to do is add the appropriate element to the XML. In your example, it would be CFStestf...

Bar Code
I'm opening a new retail business and would like to use the Manufactures bar code on many of my items......but for the life of me I can't figure out how to load the information into my system. I've serched the HELP screens, but no answers. I'm desperate - Can anyone guide me on how to do this? Sincere, thanks to anyone who can help :) Monica If using the UPC as your ILC doesn't work, you can add the UPC codes to the Alias tab of the Item Properties. Then if you're searching for WIDGET you don't need to memorize the UPC codes. HTH, Tom "Monica" ...

Put daily use worksheets in a toolbar in Excel
Hi, I have Excel 2003 with all updates. Seems to me I used to have a custom toolbar in the menubar area with shortcuts to files I used every day - but it was a long time ago. Is there a way to do that? Thanks, Marti Just record a macro that opens 'em, Marti. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/record_a_macro_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Marti" <MartiB@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:erghi19qjuba0d28jqkic1h5uou3b9uj0n@4ax.com... > Hi, > I have Excel 2003 with all updates. Seems to me I used to have a > custom t...

Toolbar buttons (text and bitmaps) are disappearing, when using with MFC CToolBar class
Guys, help me to sovle the following problem I have a MFC SDI application (Vc++ 6.0) ( 2 Threads, UI and data acqusition thread). The UI is having a simple toolbar control with text and bitmap. The problem is once i run this application after doing some gui operation (like invoking some dialog box changing to diffrent view) the toolbar button is getting disappeared. sometimes the fonts of the toolbar button is getting changed or sometimes when i move the mouse over the toolbar, the buttons is slowly going away( only back ground color of rebar is comming. Is there any methods to debug this ki...

Using Popups to select a range of cells.
Hi All I have a small request for help with code. I need a macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a range , and then to select them. Can someone help? Sub test() Dim Rng As Range On Error Resume Next Set Rng = Application.InputBox("Select your range", _ "Mousework", Type:=8) On Error GoTo 0 If Rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub MsgBox Rng.Address End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:8mYkILA1YlvLFw7Z@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > Hi All > >...

Using Outlook Address Book vice Windows address book
When I right click on an item as select sent to mail receipient it uses my windows address book, vice my Outlook address book. Since I don't want to update both how do I make it default to the Outlook book and contacts? -- Jeff Mu�iz Work is victory. - Ralph Waldo Emerson Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab. Set the contact list dropdown to Microsoft Outlook. "Jeff Mu�iz" <jmuniz6@cox.net> wrote in message news:wEUId.20390$B95.3864@lakeread02... > When I right click on an item as select sent to mail receipient it uses my ...

SQL Smartlist uses?
Hi, I am not a GP user but I need to use SQL to retrieve information from it. The information is in a smart list my client created. I used the smartlist builder to find each table & view used to create the data set. I tried to mirror the joins the smartlist builder uses but I don't get the entire data set. The smartlist returns data for 2007 but my query returns data up to 12/31/2006. How can I get the same results the smartlist yields from SQL? Thanks, Ivan Ivan, If this query is against the GL, from what you're saying, it sounds like 2006 has been closed, and 2007 is open...

DO NOT DO UPDATE IF YOU USE BESTBUY OR DELL!!!!
Once you do the update those banks dont show up as available for linking and auto downloads. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know. Bryan It is the choice of the card issuer not to upgrade with Money. Money did not make this decision. cindy "Bastards" <cellphonesebay@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185226618.281667.320890@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Once you do the update those banks dont show up as available for > linking and auto downloads. If anyone knows how to fix this let me > know. > > Bryan > On Jul 23, 5:51 pm, "Cindy C...

How do I use Outlook 2003 with the Win2003 built-in POP3 server?
I am running a small network using Win2003 R2 servers and XP Pro workstations. I do not have Exchange and use the built-in POP3 server for email. I am using Outlook 2007 on the workstations to retrieve mail, but my users need to roam. All my users' data is redirected to an NFS share on my servers and I have relocated their pst files to their home folders. This seems to work OK, except for one user. In this case, when she opens Outlook, she gets the initial setup condition and we need to re-enter all her data again. The pst file seems to be intact and her mail is not lost. I h...

using multiple conditions
I would like to know how to write the syntax to test for 1. age>44 or 2. Seniority is >9 and by determining the answer to that 3. Arsenic exposure >4.9 4. Cadmium exposure >2.4 If 1. is true or 2. true then I need to check 3. and 4. if 1. is true or 2. is true and 3 and 4 are false then ? if 1 or 2 is false and 3 or 4 is false then something else would I use and or /and condition. The way I wrote my syntax the or works but the and does not. Any clues on how to write the syntax to check for all 4 conditions? This is one solution: ="1 is "&...

Importing Excel and Word using automation
The last time I tried this I got very frustrated. I think I'll probably need to buy a book or something. Can someone recommend such a resource, or any other suitable resource for that matter? Before you go out and buy a book, try reading the Automation documentation that Microsoft provides with their Office applications. The documentation file names vary, depending on the version of Office, but for instance, my Office 2003 documentation is in files named the following (obviously, the root path varies depending on where you installed): E:\Office\OFFICE11\1033\VBAXL10.CHM E:\Office\OFF...

Using dial-up w/ citibank
Does credit card validation w/ citibank on a dial-up connection required that I get an Internet Service provider, or does the software simply call an 800 number out the modem when doing credit card authorizations? Thanks - Bob The answer depends on your configuration. I'd be happy to speak with you. I can be reached at 949-629-3002 during the day Pacific Time. Brett "Bob (new user)" wrote: > Does credit card validation w/ citibank on a dial-up connection required that > I get an Internet Service provider, or does the software simply call an 800 > number out t...

Feasibility of using visual basic express
Hi Is it possible to develop sql server db winform apps using visual basic express? Thanks Regards Yes, The easiest way, have a look to SQL to Linq success Cor "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:OV8Ezd3tKHA.4908@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is it possible to develop sql server db winform apps using visual basic > express? > > Thanks > > Regards > Thanks. Isn't Linq to SQL killed by MS? http://ayende.com/Blog/archive/2008/10/31/microsoft-kills-linq-to-sql.aspx "Cor ...

HOWTO: Bulk change "Hide from Exchange address lists" under "Exchange Advanced" using ADModify or VBScript
Using ADModify: (http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/releases/viewuploads.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2) 1. Select the CUSTOM tab 2. Check Box "Make a customized attribute modification" 3. Attribute Name field, enter "msExchHideFromAddressLists" (without quotes) 4. Attribute Value field, enter "TRUE" to Hide from lists, "FALSE" to show in lists (again, without quotes) 5. Hit Go! ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Using VBScript: (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/oct05/hey...

Fixed Assets import using Integration Manager
Hello, I am having an issue whemn importing Fixed Assets. I have a simple file that I was able to import in one environment, but not successful at another environment. The issue that I am running into is I receive this error when importing the asset using Integration Manager for version GP 10: Error: Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.eConnect: Number = 8692 Stored Procedure taCreateAssetID : Description = The UpdateIfExists parameter is set to 0 and you are attempting to integrate a record that already exists in the FA00100 table I tried manually creating one asset and then running the import ...

Using Money with an external harddrive
I would like to set up Money on a portable harddrive that will be the location of both the Microsoft Money files and my personal Money data files so that they are not kept on my business laptop. I tried this once in the past but got very frustrated and wanted to give it a try again. Just wondering if anyone has mastered this? Thanks in advance, David The data file should be easy. Setting up the application to be there will probably be a lot harder as most installers won't install on removable devices. Though Money's installer will let you specify where to install it, I'm...

Using Outlook2003 in different locations with different SMTP Servers.
We use Outlook 2003 as a mail client to access email held on a pop server with no probs. One of our users though works in the office (NETWORK) and remotley abroad using a different ISP (DIAL UP) Ive set up Outlook on her laptop to send and receive from both locations using the same PST file which works fine. But when running a send receive via dial up it still checks for mail on the network connection which fails because of the different SMTP server that is required. Id like to set it so mail is only sent or received using the connection that is availaible. I tried setting up annother...

FW: Use this security pack from MS Corporation
--gsydeaoodkdrzxm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lohgixbpannvck"; type="multipart/alternative" --lohgixbpannvck Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zgzowyecznv" --zgzowyecznv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from...

Use of Money for audits
Do Money users generally also keep copoies of all their bank statements? It seems redundant. On the web I get conflicting advice, even in the same article. On the one hand I'm told that software such as Money is acceptable to the IRS (strange, since you can enter your own transactions). On the other hand, the advice is to keep electronic copies of all statments. What do real life users do? I keep all the paper copies including tax return stuff and print a Money all transactions all accounts report once a year besides. It fills about one copy paper carton every second or third ...

Multicompany Smartlist Using Extender Fields
I am trying to create a Multicompany Smartlist based on additional fields I added using Extender. I can get it to work for one company but I can not get data for both company's to show on the one smartlist. Any suggestions? Thanks, Laura Laura, Not sure what you've tried, but one approach would be to create a SQL view and use it in SmartList Builder. Here is an example: http://victoriayudin.com/2008/11/08/sql-view-to-show-open-ap-invoices-from-multiple-companies-in-gp/. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/g...

Sort order when using Contacts as Address Book?
When using Contacts as an Address Book, is there a way to change the sort order without changing the Default Full Name order? Currently when I select "To..." while composing a new message, Contacts are sorted by first name. I'd like to sort them by last name. Thanks. -- Lew One of the most frequently asked questions (probably becuase it's one of the most carefully hidden options): Go to Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. > Set your sort order there -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Out...

Running simple business using office
Hi, I'm a student and have begun selling some books on amazon. I wanted to develop my business process skills so see it as running a small business. I want to use office to store my 'inventory,' transactions, generate simple invoices and perform some simple analysis e.g. how much i made in a month. (I have student edition with excel and word) I want to keep one data source from which I can perform these tasks. I've got a lot of programming experience but its more from a business process perspective i'm interested. e.g. the best way to store and manipulate the data. I would ...

How many files is an IMC of Exchange using?
Hi everyone, I have an issue with my Exchange 5.5 IMC, which was added after the Exchange, its Service Pack(4), and Hotfixes were installed. I suspect there might be some files, if IMC is not just using MSEXCIMC.exe, mis-matching at version level. Could anyone who knows provide me the info in the subject line? Thanks in advance Eric What is the issue? eric z wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have an issue with my Exchange 5.5 IMC, which was added after the > Exchange, its Service Pack(4), and Hotfixes were installed. I suspect there > might be some files, if IMC is not just...

Using Contracts and Invoicing
In Service I create a contract and contract line. When I approve the contract I can then apply service to it, but it doesnt go into billing or invoicing. I tried making a service contract order and then invoice and then hoped it would show up in the Account/Contracts and be ready for use but that doesnt seem to work either. Do I have to simply 'sell' a contract and then manually go back to service calls and add it in? Thanks for anyone who knows .. ...