This transaction cannot be entered #2

I am getting an error message when I try to enter a transaction.  This was
ok 2-3 days ago, the last time I used Money (2004).

Anyone else getting this error?

"This transaction cannot be entered"

--
Joel Zinn

0
Joelz (3)
7/25/2004 9:26:29 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Joel,

   Please see Microsoft KB #288385.  Your Money file may have become
corrupted.

   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288385

-Gary

"Joel Zinn" <Joelz@zinn-4.com> wrote in message
I am getting an error message when I try to enter a transaction.  This was
ok 2-3 days ago, the last time I used Money (2004).

Anyone else getting this error?

"This transaction cannot be entered"

--
Joel Zinn

You might also read http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=89 and the item it links
to.

"Joel Zinn" <Joelz@zinn-4.com> wrote in message
> I am getting an error message when I try to enter a transaction.  This was
> ok 2-3 days ago, the last time I used Money (2004).
>
> Anyone else getting this error?
>
> "This transaction cannot be entered"

That did it.  Thanks.
I was able to repair the file.

Interesting, though, my original, corupt file was in excess of 14 Mb.  After
the repair, it is now less than 11 Mb.  I have been using MSMoney since it
first came out, so there must have been a bunch of junk in it.

--
Joel Zinn
"Gary Coppeler" <pennstatelion@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Joel,
>
>    Please see Microsoft KB #288385.  Your Money file may have become
> corrupted.
>
>    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288385
>
> -Gary
>
> "Joel Zinn" <Joelz@zinn-4.com> wrote in message
> I am getting an error message when I try to enter a transaction.  This was
> ok 2-3 days ago, the last time I used Money (2004).
>
> Anyone else getting this error?
>
> "This transaction cannot be entered"
>
> --
> Joel Zinn

0
Joelz (3)

IF FORMULAS #2
Looking for help...... In column A1:A16, I have names. In B1:B16 I will assign random numbers to those names from 1-16. In another part of the sheet I have 16 columns lets say D:S, (D) being column 1 and (S) being column 16. when I assign a number in column B, I want the name to the left to appear above the appropiate column. EX, If B1 is 16 then the name in A1 will appear above column S. I am using Excel 2007 Windows Vista. I find this site to be the place for answers,everyone is great. Thanks in advance. D1: =INDEX($A$1:$A$16,MATCH(COLUMN()-3,$B$1:$B$16,0)) Fill to S1. "JOHN...

Shared Workbooks #2
I have 1 book being shared by 2 users. The book has approx 30 worksheets. The sheets have a min of 10 rows to a max of 11,000 rows and 26 columns of data. User 1 and user 2 open the workbook and work on different sheets of the book at the same time. User 1 changes the format of cells, saves the changes and exits Excel. User 2 has the file open, continues to work on the worksheet, user 1 reopens the book, makes changes, saves, and exits. When user 2 saves and exits the book and user 1 reopens the book, the formatting is lost. The file is also 24+mb, does this have a factor...

Missing row #2
A user has deleted a row that had an amount in it. Her rows are now number, 23, 24, 25, 27 (so row 26 is missing). Whenever she tries to total columns or rows, the number that is in that missing row is calculated in. How do I retrieve that row, or clear out the number? TIA. Kim Select rows 24 and 26, the whole rows and goto Format>Row>Unhide. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37603B87-33DA-4EB0-AC54-68F919F4A8B8@microsoft.com... > A user has deleted a row that ha...

CRM1.2 and Contract Template
Is there any way to customize the "Contract Template" screen from the "home","settings","template manager","Contract Templates","New Contract Template".. Can I customize this form ? I need to enter "Reponce Levels" in the dropdown list... Is this possible and if so how....? Hi Ulrich, Contract Template itself is not customizable. However, if you want the "Response Levels" picklist to show up on each contract that gets created, you could customize the Contracts Form itself and add the picklist. This field...

spin control problem #2
How do I get the integer value of a spin control's associated edit control while in the edit control's OnEnChange function. Everytime I try to extract the data I get an exception error. If you have a problem in spin control, hire a good publicist... (sorry, I couldn't resist) First, show the code. Then say PRECISELY what you mean by "exception error", showing the exact line of code that experiences the problem. Otherwise, there is no way to tell what you've done! joe On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:43:21 -0700, "Z.K." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote: ...

Counting specific test in a column in another worksheet that fall between entered dates
Hi, I'm trying to count the amount of times a txt string appears associated with a date on a different worksheet between two separately entered dates on the sheet were the calculation is being performed. Im using this formula but it only returns the 'value if false' even-though the logical test result is true i.e Derbyshire has been entered into the sheet on the 09/09/09 : =IF(('Tests 1'!$D:$D="Derbyshire"),(COUNTIF('Tests 1'!A:A,">="&$N$22)-COUNTIF('Tests 1'!A:A,">"&$O$22)),"") Thanks for any in...

How do I enter a time formula into a worksheet that determines if.
How do I, set about entering a formula within a worksheet that determines if the Time is greater or less that the time in a certian cell; eg =if(now()>K17,"then display this","") K17 holding the Value 08:30 AM formated to time =IF(MOD(NOW(),1)>K17,"then display this","") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >How do I, set about entering a formula within a worksheet that determines if >the Time is greater or less that the time in a certian cell; >eg =if(now()>K17,"then display this","") ...

Free business opportunity #2
If you need to make 2,000 - 5,000 per week - you need to check this out. No cost or obligation full details. www.profitsdaily.biz --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20041209205203P0d4HhB4 ...

Import of Data into RMS 2.0?
We will be converting to RMS soon. Is there anyway we can import our old sales history(Monthly) into RMS 2.0? Hi newbie. I am not aware of a free utility that will import all data, including sales transaction history to your RMS system. Retail Realm has an Import Tool that will do this if your current system is Microsoft Point of Sale, possibly POS 2009, but it is licensed (meaning you need to pay for it). Otherwise, I believe you are limited to importing items, customers, suppliers, and UPCs as Aliases, no history. HTH..... "newbierms user" wrote: >...

How to add customer's totalSales without transaction?
Some customers transaction record are lost. I only have their totalSales. Now I want to add these customers to rms with their totalSales. How can I do it? Jerry wrote: > Some customers transaction record are lost. I only have their totalSales. Now > I want to add these customers to rms with their totalSales. How can I do it? > You can add the customers and their totalSales only from QS Administrator with SQL query.. example: UPDATE Customer SET TotalSales = <AMOUNT> WHERE AccountNumber = <CustomerAccountNumber> bye antonio ...

Macros on Protected Sheets #2
Hi , Now I have tried Alan's Solution to be able to run my Macros in Protected sheets but as I am not VB literate, I think I have made a Syntax mistake. Sub Newaction() Sheet("Critical Path").Unprotect ("My Password") ' Newaction Macro ' Macro recorded 17/11/2004 by Clifford ' ' Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" Sheet("Critical Path").Protect ("My Password") End Sub I receive a message "Compile error" "Sub or function not defined" Can you tell me what's wrong ? Regards ...

01/00/00 appearing before date entered
I am entering a date (1-23-10) in a cell (N8) and copying the cell contents to another cell (Q8). When the date appears in Q8, it puts 01/00/00 before the date I entered, so I get something that looks like 01/00/001-23-10. I have seen many posts on how to eliminate this if the cell is blank, but the cell is not blank. Any ideas? Thanks so much for your help. Hi, check the format of the cell, I guess you have custom format applied to that cell "JStiehl" wrote: > I am entering a date (1-23-10) in a cell (N8) and copying the cell contents > to another ...

Enter # of Quantities Sold at each transaction
Hi All, I have RMS 1.3. I have a bit of dilemma. As you know, every transcation finishes with Post Transaction screen where it displays Change back to the customer. Cashier SHOULD hit CLOSE button to finish the transaction before taking the next customer. Howerver, in real world this does not happen. The Post Transaction screen is important as well since it tells you change. What i like to do is, force each cashier to enter TOTAL Quantities Sold before Tendering the customer. This way if they missed scanning very FIRST item, it would be caught before cashing out the customer. Any i...

eseutil /p #2
I had to run eseutil /p since /r was not working, and my exchange 2003 priv and pub were not coming up. i ran it on pub1.ebd ran ok and i was able to mont the public folder. eseutil on priv is currently running and is at a point were it seems that nothing is happening, is says deleting unicode fixup table .? how long will this take. is it normal ..?? Thanks. Do you have a backup that you can restore from (if necessary)? How big is your priv? How long has eseutil been running? Might be time to get PSS on the phone. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Alfred" <Alfred@...

mail merge- 2 things
Help! I have folks on my mailing list, same address but different last names. When I merge that way, it shows them correct but the others either.....sam smith and judy smith or The Smith family. In a perfict world I would like it to merge...... jen doe & sarah miller and sam & judy smith. What can I do? Next, when I save the mail merge to a cd to take to Kinkos to print they say "you need to load up this file prep tool & save it that way first, oh but you have XP so this won't work, you need to buy a distiller". Well I just looked at what I think is ...

Outlook 2007 Error #2
The Operation Failed. An Object Could Not Be Found. I get this error when I use Outlook 2007. I followed the instructions I saw on a Microsoft Support document that told me to create a new profile. I created a new profile, (no big deal), but it has not solved the problem. Any other ideas?? As far as creating a new profile, I deleted the original default profile I had and created a new one. anything more complicated than that? I have 3 different profiles: One for my GMail account One for my Verizon Account One for my one domain name account, (my default, or mail account). Did you use...

Trial version activation #2
When the dialog for activation over the inet pops up, it cannot find my connection. I use broadband cable and I know I am connected. Does anyone know how to correct this so that I can activate the software? Tia -- Jay ...

Unable to access OWA #2
i have no problem accessing OWA using the FQDN. eg. http://mail.company.edu.my/exchange But when tried to access OWA using public IP address, eg. http://203.115.220.20/exchange , it shows "The page cannot be found". DNS server has records for both forward & reverse. You should ask this in an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading...

Macro to save file to a specific directory depending on the day of week #2
Many thanks to icestationzbra & AlfD it worked a treat However, can anyone please advise me how to incorporate both the time and dat into the formula " & trim(format(date,"dd-mmm") & ".xls") Many thanks Rob : -- robertgu 44 Married two kid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26192 One way: MsgBox Format(Now, "dd-mmm_hhmmss") & ".xls&...

2 axis bar graph
I have a 2 data item column graph for 6 data points in time. One in %, one is a number. I want to use a 2 axis graph, but when I try and change the axis on one of the data items the graph switches to a stack bar graph with 2 axis. Any thoughts on how to keep it a double column graph with 2 axis? It does not really change to a stacked bar chart. To illustrate, once you have set your axis, right click on one of them, then click on format data series. Now click on options, and change the gap width to say 40. You will see that your percentages line up with the relevant axis, while the...

Greater than and Less than #2
I am trying to set up a formula to tdisplay the following info If cell a2 is greater than 2 and less than 95 enter "yes", if not, leave blank I know how to use the if command for one part (=if(a2<2,"yes","") but can't get the second part Can anyone help =IF(AND(A2>2,A2<95,"yes","") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "FrankG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0E60417-717B-4BC1-98EA-10C...

Calculated Field of the Average+2*stddevp in pivot table
Hello, I have a pivot table that includes columns (fields) for Average and Stddevp. What I would like to do is include a new column ( Calculated Field ??) of the Average+2*stddevp or better yet =Percentile( variable name,.8). I cannot get these to happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks, JB ...

MX Records #2 #2
I would like to setup an MX record #2 of weigh 20 for another location - not on same domain or even same network. The goal is to hold mail in case that primary MX record / server is down. How do I setup the SECOND server for this setup? Thank you. On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:41:55 -0500, ">>Smith<<" <jjsmith@msn.com> wrote: >I would like to setup an MX record #2 of weigh 20 for another location - not >on same domain or even same network. The goal is to hold mail in case that >primary MX record / server is down. How do I setup the SECOND server for...

Version 1.2 to version 2.0 and beyond
Hi, My RMS partner is pushing me to upgrade my stores from 1.2 to 2.0. I think he is doing this to extract money from me. In your opinion, is this worth it or for the money? (Really maintenance as it is lapsed - I found maintenance next to useless for the cost). ....Or should I wait until version 3.0 is released and then 6 months to see how it operates in the field? Your opinions would be gratefully received. Regards Dan I would suggest go to 1.3R with SQL express, and wait on 2.0 until some of the Matrix issues and database upgrade issues are fixed. "dan" <danl@aanet...

Intersection of two lines #2
I've got the following data: Vectra WRX 5-40 3.7 5.9 5-60 5.6 7.6 5-80 7.7 8.9 5-100 10.4 11 5-120 14.4 13.8 5-140 19 17.5 5-160 26.5 21 5-180 36.5 27.3 How do I determine in XL where the two lines intersect? -- Julian Milano | (To reply, remove NOSPAM from the email address) | See http://andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=%23q2S3aHA%24GA.249%40cppssbbsa05 Jerry Julian Milano wrote: > I've got the following data: > > Vectra WRX > 5-40 3.7 5.9 > 5-...