The size of the Money Express dialog.

Am I the only one always trying to drag the Money Express window to a larger
size? At a desktop resolution 1600 x 1200 the window seems ridiculously
small. I wonder what software engineering complication would demand that the
Money Express window be fixed at that size. Isn't having to needlessly
scroll a cardinal rule GUI design somewhere? If I had any more than 2 or 3
Favorite accounts I get the feeling that I might not even see the upcoming
events.    ;)

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest from over the years (currently
using M04).

Jon (who would be happy if someone called me an idiot for missing an obvious
setting or trick.)

0
quiller (12)
2/11/2004 8:49:26 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

MONEY vs QUICKEN
Has anyone ever converted QUICKEN files to MONEY, if so, is it difficult ? thank you all It is built into Money but one version back. So M2004 can't convert Q2004 but can handle Q2003. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes email to mnyukwsh@microsoft.com. "Joe" <joelopes1962@sprint.ca> wrote in message news:2557101c4605b$0e3f5ae0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone ever con...

Money file won't open
I've recently migrated from Quicken to Money 2005 and it has opened just fine until today. Now I get a screen saying Money will update make a copy of my file and then update it with the latest improvements, but I can't get the file to open - and I do have the correct password. What do I have to do to get my file back? In microsoft.public.money, Windwatcher wrote: >I've recently migrated from Quicken to Money 2005 and it has opened just >fine until today. Now I get a screen saying Money will update make a copy >of my file and then update it with the latest impr...

Money in Portuguese
Hi All, I=B4d like to purchase MS Money Small Business in Portuguese. A long time ago I used this software in portuguese version. Anybody knows where and when it will be available in the=20 Brazil ? The number of localized versions has declined rather than increased over time. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. "Twin" <twinmailbox@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:30a501c3fd30$99e70ea0$a501280a@phx.gbl... Hi All, I�d like to purchase MS Money Small Business in Portuguese. A long time ago I used this software in portuguese version. Anybody knows where and when...

Money 2000 #21
I'm using Money 2000 i've heard how slow the latest version is, how annoying the ads are, etc. Can someone give me any good reasons to upgrade to a newer version of money? And now Money Express is gone? Do I gain anything by upgrading? ------------------------------------------ http://www.barnabascollins.blogspot.com ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Barrnabas Collins wrote: ...

microsoft money 2006 deluxe wont update my info
i have had microsoft money 2006 deluxe and i uploaded it to a new computer, comp 2, well i had been using a different computer, comp 1, but for some reason the information that i inputed on comp 1 will not come up on comp 2. The program is doing its back up when i log off of the program but when i log into comp 2 as i said all the infromation that i added to my account while on comp 1 is not there. could someone tell me if i have done something wrong or how to get the program on comp 2 up to date without having to enter all the info back into it. IF Windows Vista, THEN DO NOT STORE ...

Money 05 Cash Flow Question
I have recently started using Ms Money 05 and I have a problem with the cash flow forecast. I have setup my budget as well as the bills and deposits. We use our credit card to purchase all of our day to day items due to the fact we get cash back from the credit card. We also pay the balance off every month from our checking account. All of the items in the budget reflect the correct account they come out of including the day to day items coming out of the credit card account. However in the cash flow forecast the average of the accounts is correct, but the accounts themselves are no...

Printing A3 size graphics from Publisher 98
I am unable to print A3 size graphics from Publisher 98 to an HP Laserjet 5000. This does not appear to be a printer problem for 2 reasons - according to HP, as I can print out the menu map, then there is no reason why the printer should not print at A3 size. When I transfer the graphics to Word 2000, then the page(s) print out normally. I have tried converting to BMP but the graphic becomes distorted on being copied and expanded to fit the page (it will only "stretch" in one direction) I have increased memory on the printer to 84MB in the hope this may solve the probl...

OWA
Is there a way to disable or remove the "save password" on the log on screen for OWA? I am using E2K3 with AD2000 TIA Tom "Tom McCarroll" <TomMcCarroll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5FF0A43-D0CE-433A-960D-095C69AF9290@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to disable or remove the "save password" on the log on screen > for OWA? > > I am using E2K3 with AD2000 > > > TIA > > Tom I think you are referring to the browser's own option to save the password, since this feature is not part of OWA per se. If you...

outlook express #192
looking for more help >-----Original Message----- >On 16 Apr 2004 20:44, "jakeal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >>WHEN I SEND FILES TO THE OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 I CAN'T OPEN THE >>ATTACHMENTS,BUT WHEN I SEND THEM MICROSFT OUTLOOK 97 NO PROBLEMS.THE >>PROGRAM IS KODAK EASY SHARE SOFTWARE.SOMEBODY TOLD ME HAS TO DO WITH >>SECURITY.CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN FURTHER.THANKS > >Tools | Options | Security... > >-Ben- >Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote >http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr >http://www.thespoke.net/MyBlog/bschor...

Newbie Quest. Regarding Patches For Money 2005 Deluxe Ed.
Hello: Really brand new at all of this. Have just purchased a new Money 2005, deluxe ed. Have read somewhere that there are several Patches that should be installed prior to actually using, or entering new data. Want to get off on the right foot. a. Are there patches that should first be installed ? b. Where do I go to obtain them, and how do I install them. Thanks, B. In microsoft.public.money, Robert11 wrote: > >Really brand new at all of this. > >Have just purchased a new Money 2005, deluxe ed. > >Have read somewhere that there are several Patches that should be...

Upgrade MS Money 3.0 to 2006 compatible?
For years I have been using MS Money Version 3.0, yes 3.0 not 2003 on old computer with Windows 98. Have purchased new computer with XP2 and old program works for most part but there is some data errors and want to upgrade MS Money. Will the new program be able to convert my data from the oldie program to the new program or is it too old? I do not use the Money Program to track everyday spending, credit cards, but use mainly for tracking RRSP's and other investment accounts and assets/liabilities - which version of Money 2006 would be best for me? There are some scenarios where an...

set paper size
I am trying to set the paper size to 14cm wide by 9.9 cm hight. I still get the page set at a4. How do I get round this ? User definr dose not allow me to do it I just went through this with a special size using Publisher 2000. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- Don Vancouver, USA "johnc" <johnc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FB464EE-544A-4A9D-8485-2208930EB02F@microsoft.com... > I am trying to set the paper size to 14cm wide by 9.9 cm hight. I still get > the page set at a4. How do I get round this ? User definr dose not allow me >...

Substituting a Dialog for a Document in an MDI program
I've been handed a functioning MDI application that is to be modified so an existing dialog, previously attached to a menu button, comes up automatically whenever the program is executed or a new document is opened. Currently I have the dialog coming up automatically on open (pluged a call to it into the end of InitInstance), but I also have the empty document behind it. I am capturing the correct view number since closing either of them closes the other. So what do I overload where to get in after the view is created but before the default document is put in it so I can substitut...

Latest Money 2005 update #2
Since money downloaded and installed the latest update my "My Money" file has been corrupted. Now when Money starts, entries in my accounts are duplicated and/or in triplicate. I had a back up saved of "My Money" which i reverted to, but when opened in Money a conversion process was gone through and the same happened. I uninstalled money, reinstalled it, got the latest updates again (no choice) and the same thing happens. My current account is showing -£19k. Any one else have this?? Have answered my own problem. When Money was syncronising with money on the web i...

money 97 can't install on ME. Or can I update?
I have ALL of my money information recorded on Money 97. I now have a new PC with windows ME on it. I tried to install my Money 97 on it but all I keep getting is "Setup cannot access the required initialization file". Is this a compatiblity problem with Money 97 and Windows ME? If I would install Money 99 or 2004 can I import my information that I have backed up on zip disk into the Money 99 or 2004 program? ...

custom paper size in excel 2002
I need to customize my paper size to 8.5 x 7, but their is not a custom choice in the pull down menu. Any ideas? Excel gets the paper sizes from the printer, there is no way to change that.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "mh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016401c3af9e$c522ed80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to customize my paper size to 8.5 x 7, but their > is not a custom choice in the pull down menu. Any ideas? I believe that is determined by your printer and/or printer drivers, not determined by XL. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast!...

Outlook and Outlook express #3
I run both MS Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 97 on my PC. I want to upgrade outlook. I currently use Outlook 97 and want to upgrade to Outlook 200. Can I do that without doing anything to Outlook Express? Your Outlook upgrade shouldn't affect Outlook Express at all. It never hurts to back up your data just in case of a catastrophe, but you shouldn't have any problems in this case. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:00f701c39bf2$ae...

Money 2004 Date Format Displaying Incorrectly
A nitnoid problem, but one that bugs me all the same. I am running Money 2004 Premium on a Windows 2000 operating system. I have my computer date regional options for date format set to: Short Date = dd-MMM-yy (e.g. 18 FEB 04) Long Date dddd, dd MMMM, yyyy (e.g. Wednesday, 18 February 2004) MY PROBLEM: Yet, in my Money 2004 version the date format shows as follows in the date columns of all account registers: Short Date = 18-2-04 (instead of 18-FEB-04) Long Date = February 18, 2004 (instead of 18 February 2004) When I change the regional options for dates to other formats, it...

MSN Billpay accounts in MSN Money
Regarding the documented issue of MSN Billpay accounts not merging with the appropriate checking account in the My Accounts section of MSN Money, has there been any progress correcting this? Is there any way to avoid this? I use MS Money instead of other products so I can get to my data online from other computers, but this bug is driving me crazy. I'm about to move to my bank's billpay service, but if a solution is coming down the pipe in a few weeks, I'll wait on that. I dumped Billpay after many years of use because of this issue. Oh well... don't know if there are an...

getting information from msn money on web
every time I try getting my account information from the web msn money and transfer it in to my money 2002, this message appears: an unexpectable problem has accured, exit money and log back in. but it does not seem to work. ...

Money unable to calculate correct mortgage payment
Hello, I am new to microsoft money. I am trying to set up my mortgage payments in this program, but when I enter the data concerning my loan it never calculates it correctly. It is a new loan so I thought it would be easy since I am entering the data before I have made my first payment. Does anyone have any suggestions in how to correct this? Thanks If it is a car loan, interest accrues from the day you buy the car to your first payment. Add this to the balance financed and recalculate the loan. You should get close.. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >I am new to m...

Pocket PC 2003 version of Microsoft Money 2002
I have Microsoft Money 2002 installed on my computer and I want to use it on my Pocket PC (Viewsonic V37 - Windows Mobile 2003). Does anybody know where I can download microsoft money 2002 for pocket PC? Microsoft's download page <http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/money.mspx> only has money 2004 for pocket pc and 2003 for windows mobile 2002. When I try to install money 2004 for pocket pc It says that money is not installed on my PC. I have the same issue! I've been looking all over the place for MSMoney 2002 for PPC (mine's T-Mobile). If there is a MS Exp...

2003 Pivot table cache size limit in 2007 compatibility mode
Good day everyone. I create/use pivot table extensively at work, and some have huge caches imported from SQL server. Just recently I've just switched to Office 2007, and when I save the large files in compatibility mode (because most of my co-workers have 2003), I receive a compatibilty checker message that the size of the data exceeds limits and I will have significant loss of functionality (meaning when I save as a 2003 file, I lose the ability the refresh the pivot table once saved). The only choices I have is to save as a 2007 format, lose refreshability, or re-create the pivot...

Backing up Money File to CD
Hello. I have been trying to figure out how to backup my family financial file in Money to a CD-RW. I can't seem to find the way to select the CD drive. Money only offers backup to a floppy drive. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks for any help you can give. Burt http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=51 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www....

Outlook express #137
I want to make Office 2003 Oulook e-mail my default e- mail. My current default is Outlook express. Monty <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to make Office 2003 Oulook e-mail my default e- > mail. My current default is Outlook express. In Internet Explorer, click Tools>Internet Options. Choose the Programs tab. From the E-mail drop-down, choose Microsoft Outlook. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Sm...