Thanks for all the help on Year-to-date query!

It's so great to know that there are folks out there that can take the
time to help someone whose 78 year old brain is slowly turning to
gorgonzola cheese!

Again, thanX

Mikie
Francisco      9    @    ATT      N E T

0
francisco9 (32)
2/4/2006 3:18:27 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

New Query
I have a list of 100 items in Column A containing many duplicates. In Column B I have category numbers, 1 to 9, thus effectively grouping the items into 9 categories. I wish to create a new 9 by 2 table/list that lists the total number of items in each category. What is the preferred way of doing this? Thanks Brian Tozer Problem solved using a COUNTIF and then a SUMIF. Thanks for being there anyway.... A wonderful supporting resource. Brian Tozer "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:chida2$s1u$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... >I have a list of 100 items in C...

minimize repeating query criteria & generating monthly YTD totals
I have 5 queries. One for each month. There are # things I want to do here. Consolidate to a single query. currently the "Query is too complex" message appears. Simplify my code. I'm only changing the date range in my criteria, but repeating the Aggregate a YTD column for Count, Sum, Avg Completion Time fields within the same record. Please keep in mind that my query must start with December 2009 to current. "Location" Mandatory field for all tables SELECT Location, Count([Location]) AS Count, Sum([Amount]) AS Sum, "" AS [Avg Completion Ti...

can I merge birth dates on calendars
i'd like to print candars yearly for my family with all birthdays included, but without re-typing them ...

macro date entry
I have a series of reports that are based on entering some date parameters. They are for each employee. I know how to set up a macro to run them all, but how can I set it up so that it asks for the beginning and ending date at the very beginning and then applies this parameter to all the reports? Each of these reports is based on a query. I really need to know ASAP on this one. On Fri, 18 May 2007 12:02:00 -0700, Steve Y <SteveY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a series of reports that are based on entering some date parameters. >They are for each employee. I ...

How can I check a cell for current date and insert it if blank?
I am modifying the invoice template. I want to create a formaula that checks the date cell for the current date. If a date occupies the cell nothing happens, otherwise, the current date is inserted. Can this be done? Thanks Don Sub insertdate() With ActiveCell If Not IsDate(.Value) Then .Value = Date End With -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Don K" <Don K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85927992-1BA5-4B6A-94A7-AFFCCB607BD7@microsoft.com... >I am modifying the invoice template. I want to create a formaula that >checks >...

Help with autofilling formulas
I need help autofilling a formula similar to this: a1 =c4/(b1-af1)/24 a2 =c5/(b1-af1)/24 a3 =c6/(b1-af1)/24 I would like the C to increase by 1 and the (B1-AF1)/24 to remain constant. Any help would be appreciated. Bryan -- moncara ------------------------------------------------------------------------ moncara's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35649 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=554348 In A1 put this in: =c4/($b$1-$af$1)/24 HTH -- Bearacade ---------------------------------------------------...

Please Help Me
I have been receiving emails alledgedly from Microsoft claiming to have the latest updates and Net patches. I am getting about 70 of these a day and they are clogging up my inbox and my server at work. They contain a virus and whilst it does not affect my Mac, this amount of unsolicited email is driving me mental. I have tried looking at the mail headers to see if I can recognise where they are coming from, but there is not a common source, and every one seems to be coming from somewhere else. I assume that this is some sort of "spoofing", but what can I do to stop them. Any sugge...

Adding help files to an application
I have written an MFC application and now they want me to add a help system (pretty demanding, aren't they?). After looking around, it appears that the right way is to check the "Context Help" box in the Application Wizard when first creating the application and it adds the help support. Now that the application is already written, I'm trying to figure out how to add this capability after the fact. I can add my own callbacks, and toolbar icons, but I can't figure out how to add the actual help support so that it compiles the .hlp files. Is there an easy way to add...

Query for most recent date
I'm trying to pull the most recent versions of data from a history table. Each row contains the item being modified, the date the change was made, what the change was, and which user made it. For each item being modified I want the most recent change, if I only have the itemID and DateChanged columns in the query I can do it by enabling the Total row in the query builder, and set the itemID to groupby and dateChanged to Max. I also want to show the changeTypeID and UserID fields for the change identified by the previous two fields, but none of the options in the Total dropdown appear ...

Sharepoint and Microsoft CRM help
Has anyone used sharepoint as an external facing portal with CRM data? We are trying to create portal sites for external customers, partners and service providers using Sharepoint, however we seem to be running into a couple of issues around the architecture of this. We need to do something similiar to the e-service accelerator however this needs to be done with SharePoint. Thanks in advance Hi: yes you can certainly do this, it just requires building out the SharePoint sites. If you're running MOSS you might also want to take a look at InfoPath and Forms Services... John. "...

Date Entered,Only Number Symbols Appear
I created an hours sheet and about a week after creating it I needed to add another day. When I type in 7/31/04 and hit enter what appears is ######. What is happening? Thanks Mike. On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:38:01 -0700, "mikeo56" <mikeo56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I created an hours sheet and about a week after creating it I needed to add another day. When I type in 7/31/04 and hit enter what appears is ######. What is happening? >Thanks Mike. Maybe the column is too narrow? --ron Hi Mike! Sounds like the column width isn't wide enough to display the dat...

Need help with old Exchange 5.5
I have an old server with Exchange 5.5 on it. The server contains mailboxes in its information store that i need to get off of that server and into my current Exchange 2000 server. The big issue is that the old server is attached to an old domain that does not exist anymore. The only way that i can even get into the server is by local administrator. Is there a way that i can convert the information store into some kind of format that i can then use on my current Exchange 2000 server? you can use Exmerge to export the mailboxes and use Outlook to copy the public folders to a PST, th...

macro help #21
please help iwant to make a macro that consists of- in Cell a1 my stock number 1541 in cell b1 my part name crisps when i enter my stock number i want my part name to appear. is this possible?? Hi Mantha, Look at vLookup in Excel help. Even better, see debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html --- Regards, Norman "mantha09" <mantha09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9301063A-2473-4A6D-B8C6-1B4E4A0A35B6@microsoft.com... > please help > iwant to make a macro that consists of- > in Cell a1 my stock...

Help Programming an XY scatter Chart #2
I have a user form that inputs data onto a spreadsheet. I have a command button that runs a macro that activates the sheet, selects the data, and creates the XY Scatter chart. My Problem is that I don't know how to set a loop to set each series' properties . (The number of series changes every time) Bellow is an example where I manually set the properties for three of the series. Any Ideas on how to create a loop to set all. Range("A:A,C:C,D:D").Select Range("D1").Activate Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter ActiveChart.SetSourceData Sour...

Log files using up all of my disk space please help!
I used to manually move over all of my log files the ones that are 5mb each but that corrupted my DB so I had to rebuild it. The tech support from Microsoft said all I had to do was run a full backup using ntbackup and it would automatically delete the log files that were already appended to the DB. Well I ran the backup and all my log files are still there with only 500mb left of disk space. My exchange server will probably crash in a few days so how do I remove these log files without removing them manually? What are you backing up? Filesystem or Exchange Information Store? Where a...

Counting dates using "more than"
Hi all This is hard to explain so please bare with me I would like to count in a column with dates. The formula should count or group the periods when the gap between th dates are more than 3. (days) 1-May-04 4-May-04 5-May-04 6-May-04 7-May-04 11-May-04 14-May-04 15-May-04 19-May-04 In other words; 1,4,5,6,7 is one period 11,14,15 is another and 19 is another With the total being 3 Thanks in advance Joey:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Assuming the dates are always in sequential order and the range of dates in this case is A1:A9: =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A10-A...

Highligt a Date in Project 2003?
I have many Milestones that are very important in my Project, how can I highligt these Milestones over all the project? When I used to make Grantt charts in Excel I used to put a vertical line over all the projet but with Project 2003 if you use a line the line moves from the original position. Is there a way to highligt a Miliestone? Thank you In article <7F025E7D-568D-4ADC-8275-3AA272040F09@microsoft.com>, J. Casas <J. Casas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have many Milestones that are very important in my Project, how can I > highligt these Miles...

Custom context-sensitive help
Hi, I try to make help pages for a custom entity. This works well for conceptual topics (ug_*.htm) and procedural topics (how_*.htm). I placed the new files in a subdirectory of Help\PRO\contents and added them to the table of contents, all as documented in the SDK. I used the corresponding help files of the account entity as template, only changing the title and some text. When I try to do the same thing for context-sensitive help pages I find that: 1. the links to external references are not working (style is missing, scripts do not work) 2. the help file for the form does not work a...

Show maximum date in a query/report
I am having trouble with a query/report that I run that should show the last payment date that a tuition payment was made. It works for most records but for the ones where the tuition payment is more than it was the previous month then it it showing the payment date and tuition payment from that previous month. For example the records are PayDate of 2/3/2010 and TuitionPayment of $45.00 PayDate of 3/2/2010 and TuitionPayment of $80.00 I would expect the query/report to show the 3/2/2010 payment but it is showing the 2/3/2010. Like I said most of the accounts are showing the c...

HELP: Add logic to what Voting buttons do
Hi All, Is it possible to add logic to what Voting Buttons do? For eg, If i select "Reject" on voting button I want a new message window to popup with some text already in the new message window and the "To" field to be populated Is this possible? Thanks in advance. Yes, that's possible IF your form is for internal use only and can be published to the Organizational Forms library on your company's Exchange Server. Just write code for the form's Item_CustomAction event handler. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 20...

excel crashes when changing web query
Hi, In excel 2003, i have a file that pulls in data via Data / Import External Data / New Web Query. I've been using the file for about 3 years, and now when I try to edit the query to pull in the latest table on the same website, excel crashes. And it does the same on another pc running excel 2003. However, I can successfully import data using the same method from other websites. (When I'm editing the query, I can the IE Script error, but not sure if that's related.) I would be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks, Graeme ...

CRM 3.0 - Workflow
Hello, I would like to create a task x days before the opportunity estimated close date, using a workflow rule. Do someone know how we can do it ? Perhaps with the new function in CRM 3.0 "substract date and time" but I don't understand how to use it. Thanks for your help. WTCSO There is a "wait for timer" condition to do this. You choose this condition, and then you can set the amount of time to wait, before/after/from now on, and an entity field to check for. In your case you choose 1 day, before, Est.Close Date field. Be sure to check the "reevaluat...

XPath query with node in empty namespace xmlns=""

Update periodics based on posting date for PA trx
I've been working with Dynamics GP for over 10 years. To my surprise, I couldn't believe that all the summary tables for Project Accouting data is updated based on document date NOT posting date. Though there is an option to setup Purchasing and Billing to update the periodic tables based on posting date versus document date, the remaining cost trx types cannot. As with any subledger, reconciliation back to the general ledger is near impossible based on the existing functionality. The posting engine should update all periodics based on posting date OR an option to update the ...

Need Off-Line Address List Explanation
I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. I am using Office 2003. I am hosting email for two different groups in a single domain and I only want users to see people in their respective group. I only need one group to have an Offline Address List. I have removed rights to authenticated users from the Default Global Address List. I have used security groups to give access to the Default Global Address List (for support people). The Default Global Address List contains everyone.. I have created two Global Address List and filtered each one on a custom attribute. Each list shows t...