taxutil.dll - Unable to start Money

I have been using Money2000 successfully for the last 4
years.

I tried to start it today and I received the error "MSMONEY
caused an exception 10H in module TAXUTIL.DLL at 017f:
295b207a.". I checked my system and this dll is still
there. Then I tried re-installing with no success. Finally
I uninstalled and re-installed with no luck.

Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)
2/9/2004 1:32:17 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Can you navigate to the msmoney.exe and open the program directly from
there?  Can you open the Sample file?  Try removing and reinstalling to a
new folder.

"Wade" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been using Money2000 successfully for the last 4
> years.
>
> I tried to start it today and I received the error "MSMONEY
> caused an exception 10H in module TAXUTIL.DLL at 017f:
> 295b207a.". I checked my system and this dll is still
> there. Then I tried re-installing with no success. Finally
> I uninstalled and re-installed with no luck.
>
> Any ideas?

0
bjclarinet (489)

starting in Contacts
How can I have OE 2003 start out in Contacts view? Thx. -- Bill No such program. Try again. This is not an OE group. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bill H." <wh@photosourcefolio.com> wrote in message news:u7g1UQAXJHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can I have OE 2003 start out in Contacts view? > > Thx. > > -- > Bill > > > Tools, OPtions, Other, Advanced Options, select your startup folder. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper &quo...

mdbperf.dll
Today I' ve installed EXBPA (best practices analyzer /italian version) and I've performed all the tests. I can not resolve an error about MSEXCHANGEIS performance counter (mdbperf.dll). I've read instructions for this and I've enabled the counter using exctrlst.exe. The error doesn't disappear even if I've restarted the service. Before to newly install exchange in repair mode (It's too dangerous !!!) I ask for help. My server is Exchange 2003 Std. SP2 (SBS 2003 Pre SP1) italian version. If I use perfmon.msc I can add all performance counters of MSEXCHANGEIS ! ...

Unable to display the folder error.
I get the following message when using Outlook. If I close Outlook then reopen it, it will work until I switch icons (calendar to contacts). "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. An error occurred that prevented the file M:\Outlook\cij.pst from being saved. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." Can anyone help me with this problem? ...

Reinstall Money on New Hard Drive
I installed Money Plus Deluxe on a desktop and a laptop, which expires Feb. 2010. The hard drive has to be replaced on the desktop and probably won't last much longer. Since I already activated Money twice, my understanding is that my choices are to purchase another copy of Money Plus to install on new hard drive and use until it expires in 2011, or purchase Quicken now to convert files and then re-install Quicken on new hard drive. Or would I be able to download my backup files of Money on new hard drive and then convert to a fresh install of Quicken without doing the con...

Void trans. Money 2006 doesn't recog.goes to same transaction/bug?
In my checking acct. I entered a check number and it had to be voided. When I try to to go to a new withdrawal, it starts with the number that was just voided instead of going to the next check, is this another bug? I tried closing the program and restarting but does the same thing. They fix this in 2007 also? Seems the more I work with 2006, seems to be bug infested and they want you to buy 2007 to fix it? Bruce I just tried this in M07 and M04. I entered # 2111. Then I voided it. Then I went to enter another new transaction. In both versions, It started the transaction by auto-fil...

Limited User can't use Money
I've installed Money 2004 in hopes to clear this same problem I had with 2001, to no avail. I installed Money 04 with my System Administrator acct. It works fine for me. But when my wife tries with her Limited Account, she cannot get access. How do I get her access to this program and data? I've tried installing it in the All Users dir, but no help. I really don't want to give her Sys Admin priveleges just to use Money. Thanks to anyone that can help. MS Support has no info on this, nor does a Google search turn anything up. If she creates a new Money file, can you b...

Money using wrong date to calculate ROI YTD
I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, the ROI YTD is not accurate, as Money is using values for the stocks going back only 6 months form the date I enterd the transactions rather than the values as of 1/1/03. What to do? In microsoft.public.money, Brooks wrote: >I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for >a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back >to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, &g...

Passing data to DLL problem
Hi, my application uses a callback function in a dll. This function must notify the main application when it is called, through a SendMessage api call. So i've created a global variable in the dll, named parent: HWND parent; LRESULT CALLBACK MyFunction(...........) { ......................... SendMessage(parent, ....................); } in the main application i set the dll variable: HWND * wnd; wnd = (HWND *) GetProcAddress(hinstDLL, "parent"); *wnd = hWnd; this works fine if i use the parent variable it in a normal dll function, but in the callback MyFunction parent resu...

MFC in DLL
I want to add MFC objects (CString) to DLL project. I added: #include <Afx.h> to stdafx.h file. I get the message "fatal error C1189: #error : WINDOWS.H already included. MFC apps must not #include <windows.h>". I tried to add: #undef _WINDOWS_ before #include <Afx.h> Than I had linking problems. I added: /FORCE:MULTIPLE to Linker->Command line DLL project was successfully compiled. This DLL is run successfully by snmp.exe But It throws exception, when I close it. I think, that my solution was incorrect. How do I solve this problem?!? "Max V...

Switch from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business-> Money 2003
I just purchased a new computer and Money 2003 is preinstalled. On my other computer, I was using Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. When I loaded my backup in Money 2003, I received a message that since the previous version was for business, I would not be able to access my business accounts. Not a problem. The problem that I am having is that all of my balances are -$170,999,999 on every account and that a bugdet and cash flow are set up. I can't figure out how to make this right, and get the correct balances updated. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help. DH In ...

Disabling Microsoft Money Background Banking Service (mnybbsvc.exe) in 2007
I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? In microsoft.public.money, Milhouse Van Houten wrote: >I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the >settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? You could remove your LiveID. ...

Help: MAPI can't find PSTPRX.DLL
Hi there Can anyone suggest how I can make outlook 2002 work properly. Everytime I press send/receive it says MAPI can not locate PSTPRX.DLL. I have done search and it is not on my computer. Please can anyone assist? just trying out 1st time >-----Original Message----- >Hi there > >Can anyone suggest how I can make outlook 2002 work >properly. Everytime I press send/receive it says MAPI can >not locate PSTPRX.DLL. I have done search and it is not >on my computer. Please can anyone assist? >. > See if this info helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

Money is Having PASSWORD Problems.
Several Money users have not been able to access they Money data since early this week. Microsoft is working on a solution, They will post here when they have it! Thanks No WAY, really? >-----Original Message----- >Several Money users have not been able to access they >Money data since early this week. Microsoft is working on >a solution, They will post here when they have it! > >Thanks >. > ...

ESM error stating that mapi32.dll is the wrong version
Hi, Problem solving a failed Exhange 2000 SP3 server, I had to install IIS and Reinstall Exchange. Copied back ofline backup and all seemed Okay. Nagging problem. Everytime I start ESM, I get a message that mapi32.dll is the wrong version. (Note: it is the Exchange sp3 version....) I have done a bit (lot) of reading on this and it tends to relate to putting Outlook on the same machine. Office\Outlook is not installed (not sure but doubt it ever has). All stated fixes are for restoring the Outlook version (mapifix.exe). I want to get ESm working. Note; ESM continues to load if o...

Cannot find DLL when starting debugging
Sorry for asking this here, but vstudio.general seems to be rather sleepy... Anyway: I have an MFC app which utilizes a 3rd party DLL which is located in its own place on the harddrive. I've tried to put the path to the directory where the DLL can be found in the list under 'Tools', 'Options', 'VC++ Directories', 'Executable Files', but it still can't seem to find the DLL when I try to debug my app. I know I could just copy the DLL to my Debug directory, but ahh that's really clumsy. Isn't there an other way ? :-| Bendik "Bendik E...

Money 2005 Calendar
Is there any way to pring out the bill calendar? Quicken allowed you to do this and it was one of the more awesome features in Quicken. ...

Upgrade From Money 2004 to 2005
I was running Money 2004 Deluxe with no problems and then converted to Money 2005. When I click on the Portfolio Manager icon, the screen that appears only has today's date, "Portfolio Manager", and "Quotes delayed at least 20 minutes" below the dark blue line that starts with "investing Home". Nothing else is on the page below the blue line...no investments, and no menu on the left. I could sure use some help on this one.... ...

Money 2008 #4
Is Money 2008 usable in the UK, and how can I obtain it? Yes it is usable but it cannot read a previous UK Money file. Also if you do go down the USA version route and MS decide to produce a UK version in the future then you would not be able to upgrade. Note that it is lined up with the US fiscal rules on capital depreciation/gains tax and various other annoyances - chief of which is the inability to spell cheque! The only way you can get M2008 USA is to download it from the MS site. Note you cannot have a CD version and you need to quote a USA address - 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Was...

Done Resource Dll
Sir Thanks your supporting for Resource Dll. Now i want to know if i don't use string resource in my program and i want to make an international application. Then is there any procedure which convert one language into another means when i execute my program then it detect default language(say chinese) and convert my application language into it's default language(chinese). So plz tell me how should i do it? I think u understood my problem. So give any reply. Thanks "Manoj" <cmanoj@stellarinfo.com> wrote in message news:uujd6Y...

32 character payee field limit in Money 2005
I know this issue has been addressed before but I am wondering if there has been any update. As others have expressed, I find the 32 character limit ridiculous, even if it does comply with OFX standards. When I download my statements from my various banks, they invariably stretch beyond 32 characters, such as: BANKOFAMERICA ATM WITHDRAWAL ON which should read: BANKOFAMERICA ATM WITHDRAWAL ON 12/16/2003 FROM KIRKLAND, WA or BANKER ON LINE TRNSFR FROM CHECK which should read: BANKER ON LINE TRNSFR FROM CHECKING 82065555 The disappointing part is that, in general, the important informa...

2006 Money Standard and 2001
i am usin g 2001 Money I have it backed up on disks...my computer died.. i have to buy the new microsoft money 2006... do i do anything special to install my old info from the disks? ty Provide M2001 and M2006 are both US or both UK you can restore the M2001 file. If the backups are on floppies I would move the slider to write protect the floppies then copy to the hard disk and restore from there. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.m...

Backing Up Money Files
Do any versions of Money allow backing up data to cds, rather than floppy discs? All of them allow it in the sense that they don't prevent or preclude it. None of them allow it in the sense of enabling it by providing their own CD burning engine. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q51 for the FAQs treatment of this incredibly FAQ. "Wade" <wstarl@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:083201c38627$333d0770$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Do any versions of Money allow backing up data to cds, > rather than floppy discs? A good strategy would be to back up to second hard disk,...

Reference book for Money '04
I'm new to Money 2004. I've been looking for books about Money '04, and all I can find is "Microsoft Money 2004 for Dummies". Can you recommend any other books? Thanks, Mark Flynn ...

XUL.dll error
Embedded in the email is a link. I click the link and up comes the xul.dll file error stating mozilla/foxfire/xul.dll is not designed to run on windows or has an error. Not sure why this is happening....this same error has happened on 2 different emails from 2 different senders....... Ken wrote: > Embedded in the email is a link. I click the link and up comes the xul.dll > file error stating mozilla/foxfire/xul.dll is not designed to run on windows > or has an error. Not sure why this is happening....this same error has > happened on 2 different emails from 2 different...

Money 2004 ending balance
This is strange. The ending balance for my checking account in (MS-Money 2004 deluxe) on the home page is different than the ending balance in the register. There's a difference of $15.66. Has anyone ever seen this before? Jonathan It's been reported here occasionally. File|Repair... seems to solve it for most people. "Jonathan" <KingsKnight1@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OfF9oq3kHHA.4848@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > This is strange. The ending balance for my checking account in (MS-Money > 2004 deluxe) on the home page is different than the...