Sync Problem MS Money --> PocketPC

Hi,

When MS Money for PocketPC on my new Dell Axim x50v tries
to sync with my Money-file on the desktop PC (MS Money De
Luxe 2004), Active Sync asks for a password. But when I
write the password (plain letters) I use when I open MS Money on the
desktop, Active Sync tells me that it isn't correct!
Strange ... Any clues??

Thanks in advance,
Peter from Sweden

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Does your PDA use a password (after X minutes)?  It's that password vs. your
MSN passport.
"Peter Fowelin" <PeterFowelin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When MS Money for PocketPC on my new Dell Axim x50v tries
> to sync with my Money-file on the desktop PC (MS Money De
> Luxe 2004), Active Sync asks for a password. But when I
> write the password (plain letters) I use when I open MS Money on the
> desktop, Active Sync tells me that it isn't correct!
> Strange ... Any clues??
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Peter from Sweden

0
mjblazin (50)
12/8/2004 12:15:45 PM
I tried to take the password away, but it didn't help ... Thanks anyway!

"Michael J. Blazin" wrote:

> Does your PDA use a password (after X minutes)?  It's that password vs. your
> MSN passport.
> "Peter Fowelin" <PeterFowelin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > When MS Money for PocketPC on my new Dell Axim x50v tries
> > to sync with my Money-file on the desktop PC (MS Money De
> > Luxe 2004), Active Sync asks for a password. But when I
> > write the password (plain letters) I use when I open MS Money on the
> > desktop, Active Sync tells me that it isn't correct!
> > Strange ... Any clues??
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Peter from Sweden

Is it definitely using the correct Money file on your system, which can be
checked in the properties for Microsoft Money in Activesync?

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"Michael J. Blazin" <mjblazin@swbell.net> wrote in message
> Does your PDA use a password (after X minutes)?  It's that password vs.
> your MSN passport.
> "Peter Fowelin" <PeterFowelin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> When MS Money for PocketPC on my new Dell Axim x50v tries
>> to sync with my Money-file on the desktop PC (MS Money De
>> Luxe 2004), Active Sync asks for a password. But when I
>> write the password (plain letters) I use when I open MS Money on the
>> desktop, Active Sync tells me that it isn't correct!
>> Strange ... Any clues??
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Peter from Sweden

0
glyn1 (1534)
12/10/2004 2:17:48 PM
Now I have checked that too, once again. Still it doesn't work...
/Peter

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:

> Is it definitely using the correct Money file on your system, which can be
> checked in the properties for Microsoft Money in Activesync?
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org

Now I have understood that I need Money 2005 for PPC, and that hasn't been
released yet?!
/Peter

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:

> Is it definitely using the correct Money file on your system, which can be
> checked in the properties for Microsoft Money in Activesync?
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org
>
> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> if it's a UK specific wish.
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
> "Michael J. Blazin" <mjblazin@swbell.net> wrote in message
> > Does your PDA use a password (after X minutes)?  It's that password vs.
> > your MSN passport.
> > "Peter Fowelin" <PeterFowelin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> When MS Money for PocketPC on my new Dell Axim x50v tries
> >> to sync with my Money-file on the desktop PC (MS Money De
> >> Luxe 2004), Active Sync asks for a password. But when I
> >> write the password (plain letters) I use when I open MS Money on the
> >> desktop, Active Sync tells me that it isn't correct!
> >> Strange ... Any clues??
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Peter from Sweden

It has been out for about 2-3 weeks. See
http://money.mvps.org/downloads.aspx

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

> Now I have understood that I need Money 2005 for PPC, and that hasn't been
> released yet?!
> /Peter
>
> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:
>
>> Is it definitely using the correct Money file on your system, which can
>> be
>> checked in the properties for Microsoft Money in Activesync?
>>
>> --
>> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
>> http://money.mvps.org
>>
>> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
>> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
>> if it's a UK specific wish.
>>
>> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>>
>> "Michael J. Blazin" <mjblazin@swbell.net> wrote in message
>> > Does your PDA use a password (after X minutes)?  It's that password vs.
>> > your MSN passport.
>> > "Peter Fowelin" <PeterFowelin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> > message

0
Bob_Peel9435 (194)
12/13/2004 4:53:39 PM
Thanks, now it works!
/Peter

"Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:

> It has been out for about 2-3 weeks. See
> http://money.mvps.org/downloads.aspx
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> For wishes or suggestions see
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>

> "Peter Fowelin" <PeterFowelin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Now I have understood that I need Money 2005 for PPC, and that hasn't been
> > released yet?!
> > /Peter
> >
> > "Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Is it definitely using the correct Money file on your system, which can
> >> be
> >> checked in the properties for Microsoft Money in Activesync?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> >> http://money.mvps.org
> >>
> >> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> >> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
> >> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> >> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> >> if it's a UK specific wish.
> >>
> >> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
> >>
> >> "Michael J. Blazin" <mjblazin@swbell.net> wrote in message

But we thought you said you were running M04 Deluxe on your PC?  Which
version Money for PPC were you using?

Peter Fowelin wrote:
> Now I have understood that I need Money 2005 for PPC, and that hasn't
been
> released yet?!
> /Peter
>
> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:
>
> > Is it definitely using the correct Money file on your system, which
can be
> > checked in the properties for Microsoft Money in Activesync?
> >
> > --
> > Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> > http://money.mvps.org
> >
> > Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> > for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes
or
> > suggestions, use
> > or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> > if it's a UK specific wish.
> >
> > I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
> >
> > "Michael J. Blazin" <mjblazin@swbell.net> wrote in message
> > > Does your PDA use a password (after X minutes)?  It's that
password vs.
> > > your MSN passport.
> > > "Peter Fowelin" <PeterFowelin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message

0
johnbusc (409)
12/13/2004 5:52:18 PM
I thougth it was M04 Deluxe on my PC, but when I check it under Help I'm not
sure: version 14.0.120.1105 it is written. The PPC version was mnyppc04.exe,
now 05.
/Peter

"johnbusc@hotmail.com" wrote:

> But we thought you said you were running M04 Deluxe on your PC?  Which
> version Money for PPC were you using?
>

> Peter Fowelin wrote:
> > Now I have understood that I need Money 2005 for PPC, and that hasn't
> been
> > released yet?!
> > /Peter
> >
> > "Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:
> >
> > > Is it definitely using the correct Money file on your system, which
> can be
> > > checked in the properties for Microsoft Money in Activesync?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> > > http://money.mvps.org
> > >
> > > Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> > > for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes
> or
> > > suggestions, use
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> > > or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> > > if it's a UK specific wish.
> > >
> > > I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
> > >
> > > "Michael J. Blazin" <mjblazin@swbell.net> wrote in message
> password vs.
> message

> the

That version number is M2005 Deluxe.

--

>I thougth it was M04 Deluxe on my PC, but when I check it under Help I'm
>not
> sure: version 14.0.120.1105 it is written. The PPC version was
> mnyppc04.exe,
> now 05.
> /Peter
>
> "johnbusc@hotmail.com" wrote:
>
>> But we thought you said you were running M04 Deluxe on your PC?  Which
>> version Money for PPC were you using?
>>

>> Peter Fowelin wrote:
>> > Now I have understood that I need Money 2005 for PPC, and that hasn't
>> been
>> > released yet?!
>> > /Peter

>> can be

>> or
>> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp

>> password vs.
>> message

>> the

0
Bob_Peel9435 (194)

number rounding in MS Excel

Problems with creating a newsletter

CSV File Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

Month problem

Rounding Problem

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Offline folder problems #2

OLK 2k7

outlook 2k2 problem

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Hyperlink problem #3

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Problem with Database Wizard

Strange problem
We have been rolling out new Windows 7 workstations (all new computers) at work over the last few months and a strange problem has developed. Prior to Windows 7 we were using Windows XP with Office 2007. The problem is, we have a workbook which uses a UserForm for filling in all required information. Prior to rolling out the new Windows 7 workstations, the workbook and UserForm were working flawlessly (for over a year) and they still work flawlessly on the first 3 Windows 7 workstations but on the last 2 workstations we rolled out if you open the UserForm and leave it open for ...

Money 2004 Debt Planner #2