Sync Money Files

I have a laptop and desktop, both running Money 07.

I have been away from home for three months and have been keeping my
expenses in Money on my laptop. My wife has been keeping our records on the
desktop. My problem is how to combine the two files so that I have one set
of money files. When I cease travelling, the notebook will not be used for
Money work; but the desktop will. So I need to combine the two files.

Are there any solutions?

Thanks,

John Reid

0
john4100 (5)
2/24/2008 11:49:09 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

There is no easy way to do this. There aren't even many hard ones. Have you
already done this or are you only pondering a requirement to do it?

In microsoft.public.money, John Reid wrote:

>I have a laptop and desktop, both running Money 07.
>
>I have been away from home for three months and have been keeping my
>expenses in Money on my laptop. My wife has been keeping our records on the
>desktop. My problem is how to combine the two files so that I have one set
>of money files. When I cease travelling, the notebook will not be used for
>Money work; but the desktop will. So I need to combine the two files.
>
>Are there any solutions?

No easy solution in retrospect. You could File->Export a loose QIF
from one file, edit out any duplicates with a text editor such as
Notepad, and File->Import the edited QIF file.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/25/2008 12:39:31 AM
Thanks for the reply. I was afraid there was no easy way to do this.

I think I shall have to print out the various accounts and then reinsert
them into one of the two files and make it the control file.

Thanks.

John Reid

> In microsoft.public.money, John Reid wrote:
>
>>I have a laptop and desktop, both running Money 07.
>>
>>I have been away from home for three months and have been keeping my
>>expenses in Money on my laptop. My wife has been keeping our records on
>>the
>>desktop. My problem is how to combine the two files so that I have one set
>>of money files. When I cease travelling, the notebook will not be used for
>>Money work; but the desktop will. So I need to combine the two files.
>>
>>Are there any solutions?
>
> No easy solution in retrospect. You could File->Export a loose QIF
> from one file, edit out any duplicates with a text editor such as
> Notepad, and File->Import the edited QIF file.

0
john4100 (5)
2/28/2008 3:06:39 AM
In microsoft.public.money, John Reid wrote:

>Thanks for the reply. I was afraid there was no easy way to do this.
>
>I think I shall have to print out the various accounts and then reinsert
>them into one of the two files and make it the control file.

I suggest you experiment with editing down QIF files. Keep extra
copies/backups to undo. It is not as bad as I feel you think it is.

>Thanks.
>
>John Reid
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, John Reid wrote:
>>
>>>I have a laptop and desktop, both running Money 07.
>>>
>>>I have been away from home for three months and have been keeping my
>>>expenses in Money on my laptop. My wife has been keeping our records on
>>>the
>>>desktop. My problem is how to combine the two files so that I have one set
>>>of money files. When I cease travelling, the notebook will not be used for
>>>Money work; but the desktop will. So I need to combine the two files.
>>>
>>>Are there any solutions?
>>
>> No easy solution in retrospect. You could File->Export a loose QIF
>> from one file, edit out any duplicates with a text editor such as
>> Notepad, and File->Import the edited QIF file.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Archiving user's mailbox to .PST file
Hi, It has been a while since I have done this, but could somebody tell me the best way to archive a user mailbox to a .PST file on Exchange? The user is no longer with the company and we need to keep his mailbox for legal purposes. I was going to give Everyone permission to his mailbox, open it in my Outlook, and do an Export from Outlook. However, I think there was a better way of doing this, but how?!? Please help, Andy The easiest way to do this is to run Exmerge against the Exchange server. This will automatically pull everything out to a PST file, and optionally, reimport i...

Can not close archieve file
I've opened several archieve files however now they will not close. When I try the archieve file the message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." appears. What can be done to close these files? thanks, Allen What version of Outlook and how are you trying to close them? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Allen asked: | I...

OST file handling
Can I create new items in OST file which will be available through OWA as well. ?? In news:eXl2foWqFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, OfficeUser <Office@mailinator.com> typed: > Can I create new items in OST file which will be available through > OWA as well. ?? No - OST files are used by the full Outlook client only and can't be used/accessed in OWA. OfficeUser <Office@mailinator.com> wrote: > Can I create new items in OST file which will be available through > OWA as well. ?? OWA has no knowledge of the OST. If you create a new item in Outlook while of...

Money 2005 UK version
I have recently changed from Quicken to MS Money and all seems to be going well. However, my data file is growing rapidly and I have already got about 18 months of data. I am looking for something equivalent to the year-end file operations in Quicken which would allow me to archive all data before the start of my financial year into a separate file so that I would now be working with a smaller file containing only the current year data. Can anyone tell me how to do this in MS Money? John Earle Generally we advise against archiving prior year data from a Money file. The Money file...

outlook slow when attaching files to email
Whenever I start to drill down and try to attach a file in outlook 2k3 it takes FOREVER to finally get to the folder where the file is I want to attach. This is a Dell LatitudeD520 running Windows XP SP3 and Office 2k3 SP3 with all the updates from MS update website. I have also done a chkdsk /r in recovery console thinking it may be file sys corruption. I have also defraggged. I dont expierence any other similiar issues like this outside of Outlook. Are you on a network and have mapped network drives? "big country" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OTB...

Read excel file and read in a cell into a var in VBA
Using the VBA from excel, I want to write a code to open another excel file and access an individual cell in that excel file, then assign it to a variable declared in VBA. Is this do-able? James S wrote: > Using the VBA from excel, I want to write a code to open another excel file > and access an individual cell in that excel file, then assign it to a > variable declared in VBA. Is this do-able? Yes. -- ..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org Hi James, I'd like to give you a little more detail. The following macro demontrates how to get da...

missing file SKU011.CAB
trying to install office standard 2007. Did sucessfully install on lap top. Unable to install on desk top. error message states that file SKU011.CAB is missing. What do I do? Someone please assist. Thanks! "Hoot" <Hoot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C17FD55-A25F-41F2-8E95-8EB31B024839@microsoft.com... > trying to install office standard 2007. Did sucessfully install on lap > top. > Unable to install on desk top. error message states that file SKU011.CAB > is > missing. What do I do? Someone please assist. Thanks! ...

Restore a deleted file?
After many hours of entering inventory for my at home business, I had 2 excel pages open and when I closed what I thought was one of them, it closed both and none of the information I entered for my inventory was saved Is there a way to recver the lost information? Sorry, no. For the next time: You may want to take a look at Jan Karel Pieterse's AutoSafe (note spelling) program. It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves. It saves to a user selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or puts them in the recycle bin). And the use...

Data from .txt file being read in as date, and should be text #2
I have a macro that reads in data from a .txt file. The data contains user IDs that consist of the first 4 letters of their name and 4 numbers. When names are read in that begin with MARCxxxx (ie MARC1234), excel is formating them as a date, and I lose the original data (even when I try to format them after the import, they are a number and the letters are not there. I've tried to format the column that they data read into before the import, but excel still imports them as a date. How can I make the import be read as text? Here is the code for the section I am reading in data for. Do Whi...

Hard Drive Crash---Import pst file
I have a back-up file (~ 3.3 GB) of Outlook 2007 from crashed hard drive . When I try to import PST file I get the following message: "Errors have been detected in the file" Tried Scanpst.exe to no avail. When I try to open directly from the recovered file using Outlook I get a message that the "attachment size exceeds the allowable limit" Suggestions on how to import/repair PST file would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jimmy Is this backup a copy of a pst file or was it created with some backup software? Is this file located on the current hd? Are...

How to get current File Pointers Physical Position on Drive/CD/DVD...
Hi, i am looking for a way to get the current file pointers position on the Media i want to read/write. The Application will be written in .NET (2.0). Are there any Win32 Functions to retreive the position on the Media, e.g. Drive Sector/ Cluster, etc... TIA Best regards Kerem G�mr�kc� is this helpful .........???? http://ext2read.sourceforge.net/documentation/inside-hard-disk/ "Kerem G�mr�kc�" <kareem114@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uuFm%23Dd8GHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > i am looking for a way to get the current file pointers position o...

The Registry Cannot load the hive (file)
I have a friend and apparently the Lord doesn't like him very much. He gets a blue screen of death with the following message. The Registry Cannot load the hive (file) \systemroot\system32\config\software or its lot or alternate. it is corrupt, absent ot not verifiable. I googled this message and the only way I see to fix it requires the Windows media. He is currently traveling the world and doesn't have his CD with him. Is there a way for him to recover the registry some other way? This is why I use a Mac.... -- http://www.vatican.va Father Justin <justin@no...

Problem importing Eudora mail files
System is running XP Pro / Outlook 2002 SP-2. Trying to import mail files from Eudora lite 5.2. The address book info came over fine, but Outlook 2002 cannot seem to read the Eudora mail files. Keep getting an error message "Cannot access application files. Please check to be sure that program is not being accessed by other applications." ...

How to Display Leading Zeros in CSV file
Hi All, one of my applications is creating a CSV file from database but when that file is opened in Excel then some columns with actual values are 0020 are displayed as 20. How can I ask Excel to not truncate those leading zeros. My users don't want to do anything on their side to fix this...They want the CSV file ready before they work on it. Pls. help. Thanx and Regards Save the file as txt, open it with excel and the import text wizard will start, in step 3 you can select the column data format and if you select text the leading zeros will import -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "R...

multiple events in single .vcs file
How do I create a file that has mutliple events in one single file? I would like to create a file that has all of the sporting events listed for employees to be reminded in their calendar. http://www.calendar-updates.com You can create your own Holidays/Events calendar using the instructions on this page: http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm#company --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After search...

Back up copies of Files in My Documents in Word 2003
Every time I try to delete back up copies in "Open" in My Documents, it creates another copy. I am up to 166 copies of unwanted files. They are not shown in the pull-down of Word Documents only, but in All Files. -- Carole Campbell You are probably inadvertently dragging and dropping them in the same window. Drag and drop them in the Recycle Bin or simply press the delete key. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Wo...

How to save Publisher 2003 files to Web using older Publisher for.
In the Office 2000 version of Publisher, I was able to save files in a Web format that included separate .html and graphic files. Now, with Publisher 2003, the "Save As Web" function creates file outputs that are no longer compatible with Adobe Acrobat. Is there a way to save Publisher files inthis older format for the Web? Use File, Publish.... to get the "filtered" html don't use File, Save as..., web David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Steve D'Erasmo" <Steve D'Erasmo@discussions.micros...

Changing vat rate calculation in Money 2006
I have enabled VAT calculations on my transactions in my accounts and the tax rate has changed but I can't find a way to change it in Money 2006. This is a database that has been upgraded over many versions and I'm sure I've changed this before in another version. I can see the old rate in some reports I print but for the life of me I can't find a setting in 2006. Anyone know of the way to change the Vat Rate? or is this another new feature ;(( -- Boyd In microsoft.public.money, Boyd Tucker wrote: >I have enabled VAT calculations on my transactions in my accou...

Record Money transactions in OL Journal?
Is there any way to get Money to automatically record transactions in Outlook's Journal? What I'm looking for is the ability to, say, write a check in Money, and have an item automatically created in Journal noting that a check for x amount was paid to y on this date. No. Money doesn't integrate with Outlook in this way (or much of any other). "t. wise" <terwise111@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eUOsbFqlEHA.2968@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get Money to automatically record transactions in > Outlook's Journal? > > What I&#...

Money 2005 upgrade creates duplicate Investment Accounts
mUpgraded fro Money 2004 to 2005 and for my 6 Schwab accounts when system syncronized an additional 24 accounts (4 for each original) were created. Any ideas would be appreciate. Thnaks I had a similar problem with T. R. Price. Each mutual fund has a separate account number and I had them combined in Money so the download was to each separate account - not the main account. At least I only got one download per fund - not the 4 that you received. "gavin" wrote: > mUpgraded fro Money 2004 to 2005 and for my 6 Schwab accounts when system > syncronized an additional 24 ...

Extracing embedded images from an XLS file
I have a customer who manually maintains a catalog of products in an Excel file, one item per row, with a picture of the item embedded into the first cell on each row. They want to webify this catalog, so I need to pull out the images. Is there a utility or method (using VBA, etc.) to automatically extract all the embedded images into separate BMP or JPG files? Thanks. -- Paul Try saving the workbook as a .html file. Then you'll see another folder under the folder that holds that file that contains all the pictures. Paul wrote: > > I have a customer who manually maintain...

Money 2005, Update, and Update Retirement Account bug -- fixed?
Does the update fix the bug with running the "Update Retirement Account" wizard? Thanks, Rik I think so. When I run the wizard I don't get the error as before. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money ...

Money 2005 No Longer Communcates with Bank or MSN
I setup Money 2005 a few weeks ago and everything worked as it should until last Saturday. Now, when I clicked on the little update button, it does its thing and then gives errors that it couldn't communicate with the bank and couldn't sync with MSN Money. These both worked flawlessly all along until now. I haven't changed anything and I bank with Bank of America - Formerly Fleet. Anyone know what gives? In microsoft.public.money, "Pat Seguin" <Pat Seguin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I setup Money 2005 a few weeks ago and everything worked as it shou...

Upgrade Money Standard 2003 with Money Deluxe
I had a power surge. I put Money 2003 Standard back on new computer. I upgraded from Money Standard to Money Deluxe on my old computer with an activation number. How do I add this activation number to Money Standard 2003 to update to Money Deluxe 2003. I have the long activation standard copy on paper. Thanks, hmcdonald ...

Trying to play file
I downloaded a visualization from the downloads site. I tried to open the file and got the following: "Windows Media Player cannot play file. Player might not support this file typeor the codec that was used to compress the file". his download was from Microsoft so I don't understand why it won't play. Do I need a newer version of the media player or what? Name: PsychedeliaVizPac.msi Type:Windows Insataller-package 5.53MB From: download microsoft.com Windows media player 11 32 bit dazed and confused papahyle wrote: > I downloaded a visualization from the ...