Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)

Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few
days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new
version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked).
I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed
this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all
accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've
been tracking for years.

Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history
is only updated 4 times in last month or so. All other stocks in the
portfolio are updating normally.

Any ideas?  I've tried removing the symbol, restarting Money, adding symbol
back, renaming the stock (currently it is "Valero Energy Corp.")

Thanks in advance.
0
StekX1 (10)
1/19/2006 11:21:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Average every 24 rows
Hi, I have large data sets with hourly values and want to calculate daily, weekly and monthly averages. For example: average C4 - C27, average C28 - C51, ..... - C43827 I tried: =AVERAGE(INDIRECT("c"&(ROW(C4)-1)*24+4&":c"&ROW(C4)*24+4)) but that didn't work. Does anybody know a solution? Thanks a lot! Tim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Pivot Table?? As long as you have Dates in a column in your data, then you will have 24 values for each date. Stick it all in a Pivot table and you will have all the daily averages you like, in ...

Run an update query inside POS
Is there anyway to create a custom button to call an update query? We are going to run a promotion to allow a certain percentage discount if an event occurs in the arena (we're a hockey arena and this is for our pro shop). I already have the discount and query built and it works fine if I run it from administrator, but would like to have a way to click a custom button in POS to enable and disable the discount. Thanks! Very interested in this as well.... Dj "David B" <DavidB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F8F9002-4525-4052-B797-5EA39443...

blank subreports appearing on every record of report
I have a report with many records, and only on a few records there will be a subreport displayed. This works fine, except that a little sliver of the subreport shows up on every record of the report. Each little sliver is blank, but adds a bit of height to each row, and generally looks ugly. I've set all of the 'Can Shrink' properties to yes, including the various sections, controls, and subreport reference on the main report. All the header & footer sections are zeroed out. Isn't this what the 'Filter On Empty Master' property is supposed to do? It ...

Automatice update of linked workbooks (I think)
I saved a backup of a workbook with four worksheets (the fourth being a summary of the other three). I was correcting references which were incorrect by selecting the column and changing the column letter using find replace. This worked on the first few columns. Then on one I got an update window with the name of one of the worksheets in the title and both the backup workbook and current workbook in the window forcing me to choose to open one or the other. When I did I then got a window with a list of the worksheets in it. To see what would happen, I selected one. It went ...

Cell Value Updated based cell input
I'm trying to update a cell "A1" based on a cell value in "B1": If cell value in B1 < 5, A1 should be 100 if cell value in B1 is between 5-10, A1 should be 200 if cell value in B1 is between 10-20, A1 should be 300 and so on. How do I write a formula in A1 to make this calculation? If this is just a three condition item, I would use an IF statment =IF(condition,true,false) You can nest them up to 7 deep I think. =IF(b1 < 5,100,if(and(b1>=5,b1<=10),200,if(and(b1>10,b1<20),300,"Not In Range")) If you want a matrix, then I think a mat...

Updated Links
Can anyone tell me how to automatically update the hyperlinks in my excel doc upon opening or maybe once a week. The hyperlinks are web based. Thanks! ...

Last day of the Month???
I am creating a timesheet and i have inserted the first day of the month with a combo box to a linked cell A7 then in the rest of the column i add 1 to A7 then 2 and so on for the whole month What i need is to do a total on the last day of the week for hours worked, but i have a problem with the first week and last of the month as they are not complete weeks as the month could start on a tue or a wed etc and finish on a thur so how do i get excel to make a total per week????? Also the position of the days change as the days of the month are automatically filled in from the first day ot the m...

vista update help
HI i have windows vista and i waS getting some bad viruses. so i restored the system from a week ago. now ive downloaded the Zune software and it wont finish set up it loads for hours. so i try shutting my laptop down and while shutting down its configuring upates for a very long time. ill turn it back on, it installs 3 updates and try to install zune again does not work. ive had zune before and it installed in seconds. i shut comp down and the congfiguring updates comes up and takes hours to shut down. it never did this before i restored the comp set for a 1 week back. and ...

Auto Update #2
I have a password protected Excel document that contains links. Is there a way to have Excel automatically update these links on a daily basis without having to open the document, enter the password, then save the document? Thank you in advance, Tony Maybe you could have a macro do it for you. But you'll have to embed the passwords in the code. Tony wrote: > > I have a password protected Excel document that contains links. > > Is there a way to have Excel automatically update these links on a daily > basis without having to open the document, enter the password, t...

Can't Get Automatic Updates
I recently got a new PC with Money 2005, and I'm not able to set it up to automatically update when I open the program. I've read all the "help" advice and also exchanged a few e-mails with the HP (PC manufacturer) support group, but none of the advice fixed the problem. I must be overlooking some aspect of setting up my PC to get the automatic updates - any suggestions? Forgive me if this is a dumb question (your question was somewhat vague), have you setup any accounts in Money 2005? Automatic updating requires having at least one account setup with online service...

Change requested ship date on SOP and have it update on PO
We do mostly drop ship orders so we have a link to a PO on the SOP. I know when you first enter in a SOP the requested ship date will update the required date on the PO. But, if you change the ship date on the SOP after the link to the PO is created the required date on the PO won't update. Is there a way to get the PO to update automatically? Thanks Jennifer If the system doesn't automatically update - you could create an SQL trigger to update the POP tables. Example of what a trigger can do...........I had to create a SQL trigger for a client that wanted to change the re...

Template does not get updated when a project is cl
We have found a problem with the use of timesheet templates in the Business Portal. Apparently the template does not get updated when a project is closed or an employee's assignment to the project is removed. I would imagine there was no intention to do this given the nature of what a template is. However, we would like to raise an enhancement request to the Business Portal to see if something can be done to stop a timesheet being saved or submitted with a closed project code. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with t...

Trying to update to Outlook 2003 distroyed my computer
And, there's no help from MS to get it back the way it was. I've tried restoring, removing outlook but now when ever I try to use a windows component, I get a windows setup or windows install dialog box and it's never able to find what ever it's looking for. I can't even go into add remove windows components. My mail files were totally messed up and finally had to uninstall all my office apps to even get the search files and folders to open without the windows install dialog box. Because of all the updates, I can't even use my Windows xp pro CD to try to repair the dam...

Recipient Update Service question
We are installing Windows Server 2003 Ent. and Exchange 2003 Ent. in a F/E - B/E environment. We have one AD Forest and two domain trees (sales.mydomain.com and marketing.mydomain.com). sales.mydomain.com is the root AD domain. We want the sales dept. to have an email address like username@salemorestuff.com while the marketing dept. will have an email address like username@publicity.com. We installed four (4) Exchange 2003 ent. backend servers in the sales.mydomain.com domain. We then installed three (3) Exchange 2003 ent. frontend servers in the marketing.mydomain.com domain. Our...

Updating a cell with data validation when another cell is changed.
In my sheet I have cell Y2, which when it contains "y", I want it to update the validation list =IF(Y2="y",DogList,NAList) That works, but if i delete the "y" from cell Y2, the validation drop- down list doesn't change until I click onto the cell I wrote some code to try and work around this: Private Sub WorkSheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Target.Address = "Y2" Then Range("AJ2").Value = "" Application.Calculate End Sub But still doesn't do that I want, when I change t...

Outlook 2003 calendar meetings: double booking of resources and update history
Hi, We run a Windows 2003/ Exchange 2003 environment, with Outlook 2003 as our email client. I have had a complaint from one user because of a double booking she has experienced last month. Basically, she booked an all day appointment for the use of one meeting room, but someone else was able to book the same meeting room as a resource for several hours during that day. Now I have checked the user's calendar, and the meeting appointment there is booked correctly. However, when I look at the conflicting appointments from the perspective of different calendars (by opening their mailboxes). ...

Add hours to time of day
I'm looking for a way to add hours to a time value, and have the result calculated as a new time value. For instance, I want to add 30 hours to 7:00, and have the result be 13:00 the following day (I think I got that right). The date would need to be part of the calculation. For ease of use I think it would be best if the date and time are in separate columns. For instance: C1 -- Date C2 -- Time of day C3 -- Hours (number) C4 -- Ending time and date I expect this has been answered at some point, but I can't seem to find the right search parameters. Actually an hour is 1...

Excel Macro Problem, Add-in need to work in every workbook & Error:9 Subscript out of range
I will first write the code then explain the problem ThisWorkbook Part: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) If PropExis = True And PropValue = True Then UnStampEveryPage End If End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) If PropExis = True And PropValue = True Then UnStampEveryPage StampEveryPage End If End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If PropExis = True And PropValue = True Then UnStampEveryPage End If End Sub Module Part: Option Explicit 'Adds Word Art to Sheet Sub AddWordArt(i As Long) Dim celTo...

Symbol font with standard computer symbols
Can anyone recommend a symbol font that contains all of the standard computer symbols like the On/Off symbol (circle with little stick at the top), USB port, LAN symbol, etc? ...

when assemblies in gac change;programs should update themselves
i have an developer server. I write c# code on it and publish programs from the same server with "only online" option. I am using same custom library(in gac) for all projects. I want that when i changed library(assembly in gac);all programs that i publish must update themselves without buid them again. Is it possible;if not could you offer me a solution close to i am trying to do. thanks for answers in advance Kayıhan wrote: > i have an developer server. I write c# code on it and publish programs from > the same server with "only online" option. &g...

Update field
Hello,I posteed this question a few weeks afo and Allen was kind enough toreply. However due to my limited knowledge I am still stumped. Anyfurther help is most appreciatedOn my form I have a field called amount and a field called Checkstatus. The amount signifies a check amount and status signifiespending, returned or cleared. Is it possible that when cleared isselected a calculation will automatically reflect thechange .Example:Available Balance $5000Check Amount Status$3000 PendingBalance reflects $2000 availableCheck Amount Status$3000 Cleared...

How do I add an extra day to a calendar every four years
I am creating an appointment book and want to accomodate the extra day every leap year. If D3=2006 than D35=1 March but if D3=2008 it must be 29 Feb. I need two formulars in one cell to accmodate the variation in D3. Can anybody help? No need for 2 formulas =DATE(D3,2,29) custom format as d mmm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "paddymack" <paddymack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:431758D5-8E90-457C-8DD9-3DB120EFDF31@microsoft.com... >I am creating an appointment book and want to accomodate the extra day >every > leap y...

GAL update by Users
Dear All, In Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2007 is there a way by which we can let the users update their info in GAL. By default this is not allowed. -- Haroon Malik Systems Engineer You can still use GALMOD although it is end of life. 2000 resource kit. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q272603 Directory Update http://www.somorita.com/active%20directory%20update/directoryupdate.html Script Allowing someone to update their own Active Directory Contact details via OWA http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2005/11/allowing-someone-to-update-their-own.html James Chong (MVP) M...

Using Appointment updating in CRM does not show up in Outlook
We have an appointment that was scheduled through c360's Group Calendar. Original time was 11am, but there was a change and the owner changed it to 10am. All of the attendies outlook calendars still show the 11am time. Is there someway to update this appoint in Outlook without having to delete and resend the appt email? I think this is a process issue (need to change the way we do things) but I don't know what needs to change. Any help is greatly appreciated. Ken ...

Exchange 2003 cluster issue with DST update tool
Are there any issues or additional steps that must be adhered to when installing the DST udpate to Exchange in a cluster environment? (i.e. Do the Cluster Services need to be stopped before installing? Do the clustered servers need to be restarted?) I would say that approaching the update in the same way that you would apply a service pack would work well. There are a few pre reqs for this. It's an annoying update really and one that i dont think has been published well enough given its possible impact "smctigue" wrote: > Are there any issues or additional steps that ...