Subcategories #2

I just upgraded to Money 2005 and find a useful feature
is missing. I have been using Money for the last 7 years
and enjoyed using a category and subcategory for my
expenses. Now these two items are combined in one
dropdown box and very hard to use. I used to use a
category then tab to the subcategory and pick an item.
Now when I pick a category the subcategories are not
visible unless I use the mouse to scroll through. All
previous versions gave an option of using one box or two
but in the latest version I can't find how to get the two
boxes back. Any ideas? Thanks.
0
sanjar (1)
9/29/2004 4:55:22 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

It's been removed. What you can do is type in a few letters of the
subcategory and it should find it quicker that scrolling through.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"Sanjar" <sanjar@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I just upgraded to Money 2005 and find a useful feature
> is missing. I have been using Money for the last 7 years
> and enjoyed using a category and subcategory for my
> expenses. Now these two items are combined in one
> dropdown box and very hard to use. I used to use a
> category then tab to the subcategory and pick an item.
> Now when I pick a category the subcategories are not
> visible unless I use the mouse to scroll through. All
> previous versions gave an option of using one box or two
> but in the latest version I can't find how to get the two
> boxes back. Any ideas? Thanks.

0
glyn1 (1534)
9/29/2004 10:40:16 AM
Unless the subcategory is a target of a Transfer.

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
> It's been removed. What you can do is type in a few letters of the
> subcategory and it should find it quicker that scrolling through.

I don't understand.  Transfers don't have categories because there is no
reduction in assets.  Can you rephrase what you mean please?

Andrew.

message news:eXUoA5hpEHA.3464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Unless the subcategory is a target of a Transfer.
>
> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
> > It's been removed. What you can do is type in a few letters of the
> > subcategory and it should find it quicker that scrolling through.

0
asclark (29)
9/29/2004 12:31:15 PM
It's possible to enter transfers in a withdrawal/deposit transaction form by
entering "transfer" as the category, and the name of the account as the
subcategory.

In versions of Money prior to 2005, it used to be an excellent shortcut that
was very valuable to me.

--

"Andrew S. Clark" <asclark@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I don't understand.  Transfers don't have categories because there is no
> reduction in assets.  Can you rephrase what you mean please?
>
> Andrew.
>

> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:eXUoA5hpEHA.3464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Unless the subcategory is a target of a Transfer.
>>
>> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
>> > It's been removed. What you can do is type in a few letters of the
>> > subcategory and it should find it quicker that scrolling through.

0
bollar (385)
9/29/2004 12:45:15 PM
 I think you can do so with transfer target, so long as the account name
isn't the same as a category/subcategory name. Just tried it on an account
called 'Joint' in a test file and it did pick up the transfer category.

Because transfers are all listed at the bottom, it could be quicker, in that
instance to scroll (unless you have hundreds of accounts).

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

message news:eXUoA5hpEHA.3464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Unless the subcategory is a target of a Transfer.
>
> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
> > It's been removed. What you can do is type in a few letters of the
> > subcategory and it should find it quicker that scrolling through.

0
glyn1 (1534)
9/29/2004 12:53:45 PM
Ahh.  Like with credit cards.  I get it.  Thanks.

Andrew.

"Richard Bollar" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message
> It's possible to enter transfers in a withdrawal/deposit transaction form
by
> entering "transfer" as the category, and the name of the account as the
> subcategory.
>
> In versions of Money prior to 2005, it used to be an excellent shortcut
that
> was very valuable to me.
>
> --
>

> "Andrew S. Clark" <asclark@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I don't understand.  Transfers don't have categories because there is no
> > reduction in assets.  Can you rephrase what you mean please?
> >
> > Andrew.
> >

> > "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> > message news:eXUoA5hpEHA.3464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >> Unless the subcategory is a target of a Transfer.
> >>
> >> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message

0
asclark (29)
9/29/2004 1:18:13 PM
What Glyn was saying was that you can enter Food:Groceries in the single
list mode by typing gro and letting Money autocomplete this to
Food:Groceries. What I was saying is that if, say, you have an account named
FidInv (cash) and you want to transfer money to it, typing fid in the single
list view will NOT result in Money autocompleting it to FidInv (cash).

Transfer is a "special category" the "subcategory" of which is the account
name of the opposite half of the transfer. It is entered in the
category:subcategory field. You are correct in noting that it doesn't cause
a reduction in assets, but this is irrelevant to the discussion about Single
List category (classification and special categories, too) view.

"Andrew S. Clark" <asclark@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I don't understand.  Transfers don't have categories because there is no
> reduction in assets.  Can you rephrase what you mean please?
>
> Andrew.
>

> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:eXUoA5hpEHA.3464@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Unless the subcategory is a target of a Transfer.
> >
> > "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
> > > It's been removed. What you can do is type in a few letters of the
> > > subcategory and it should find it quicker that scrolling through.

Auto Sort #2
I was wandering if it is possible to sort a group automatically so tha every time the data changes it automatically sorts by a certai column? I want to auto sort a table (A2:H12) by column H is this possible ?? Many Thanks Ben -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Benn, On the sheet that you want this to happen.... Right click on the sheet tab and select "View Code" Then copy and paste the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("H2:H12")) Is Nothing Then Range("A2").Select ...

Version conflict #2
Greetings, I've created a file with Publisher XP on my office PC and tried to edit it at home, whee I have Publisher 2000 (both have regular licence and are registered). I'm getting a message saying "the version doesn't match, can't open the file" (free translation from a non-English message). I'm a bit surprised that 2K version can't read XP version - I never had a similar problem with Word or Excel. It's me doing something wrong, or are Publisher XP and 2K really incompatible? I'm a true beginner of publisher. Both machines have Win2KPro, all pa...

2 Exchange 2003 Server
I just installed the second Exchange 2003 Server (2 - 2 Exchange 2003) in our Domain (everything is NATIVE MODE - AD/Exchange). For testing purposes, I just migrated one account - a Support Account. When I open up Outlook 2003 SP2 client, I can receive mail and send mail; however, when I use OWA using this account, it just goes to a Page can not be displayed - https://mail.domain.com/exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll. Problem: --------- Can someone tell me what I have to do to also get OWA woking here? Note: ------ I have installed the IIS components required exactly the same on both serv...

search #2
I want to lookup a value in a sheet and when found give me the value of the cell next to it. Vlookup will not work because the value looked for is not necessarily in the same column. If I use =VLOOKUP("beef",B:F,2,FALSE) it works great if the word beef is in column B but if it is in A or C then I get N/A. Any other way of doing this? The reason is that I am doing a copy paste from a web site and looking for specific values. TIA In your search, you're returning the value in column C. What column do you want to return if "beef" is in column A? And, what column do you wa...

bitmap problem #2
Hi all, I am new to MFC programming can some body explain how to use a bitmap (.BMP file) in a dialog box as a static control. I got little piece of information from a broken link that, The bitmap is defined in the .RC file as BITMAP_NAME BITMAP DISCARDABLE "filename.bmp" and used in dialog as CONTROL "BITMAP_NAME",IDC_STATIC,"Static",SS_BITMAP,12,11,21,20. Can some body explain steps to add a BMP (to dialog box as static control) to a MFC skeleton Thanks in Advance, SeemaRao. Just attach bitmap hanbdle to Control Variable CStatic::SetBitmap() You can d...

why no email showing from 2/25/2010 or earlier?
Was out of the office from 2/25/2010 through 3/3/2010. Email only goes back to 2/26/2010, and all email from 2/25/2010 or earlier does not show. How do I find my incoming email from 2/25/2010 or earlier? Perhaps you are only looking at UNread mail? Chris wrote: > Was out of the office from 2/25/2010 through 3/3/2010. > > Email only goes back to 2/26/2010, and all email from 2/25/2010 or earlier > does not show. How do I find my incoming email from 2/25/2010 or earlier? "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E...

sent messages #2
all of my sent messages have disappeared Check View | Current View and make sure it's set to "Sent To" or any other unfilitered view. "Unread Messages" will hide anything marked as read. Also make sure you're not sorting the message list by the Icon column. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b2e01c3b2a6$9f2ae690$a501280a@phx.gbl, Bill wrote: > all of my sent messages have disappeared ...

Need a time-date stamp for MS Outlook, please #2
From: "Hugo Acosta" <hacosta@CNYLatino.com> Subject: Need a time-date stamp for MS Outlook, please Date: Friday, September 22, 2006 11:34 AM I apologize in advance if I am sending this request to the wrong place... I would like to have a button in my MS Outlook 2000 toolbar, that when clicked, it will place the DATE/TIME on (whatever) the cursor is located. I work (volunteer) with a non-for-profit Church organization that has no money to pay programmers, to develop (what I was told) this simple task; therefore, I was advised to use this Internet avenue, and see if I could ...

Offline Database #2
Hi When configure de database offline . The Database Offline is backup to the Database Primary or is better create a new Database from black. Thanks . create a new database from Blank. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. itjavi@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi > When configure de database offline . The Database Offline is backup to the > Database Primary or is better creat...

Locking data #2
Hi, Is there any way that once a user has clicked a button or entered data into a cell it is locked in an equivalent cell? For example in Cell B1 formula =A1 in Cell A1 = 5 If the 5 becomes 6 then so will B1. But is there anyway, that by using a formula or short onClick code I can make it so that B1 remains 5 even if A1 changes. Thanks Antony ...

Out of Office question #2
A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 environment). He wants this because sometimes his workers are away or forget to set the Out Of Office messages, and so overseas clients sometimes don't know why they are not getting a reply. Is that possible, to set one message for the entire company without doing it individually? Thanks for your thoughts. Jo Jo wrote: > A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users > before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 ...

Worksheet Change Event #2
I saw a forum response a while back that will allow programming the cursor to move to certain cells as the user enters data. I cannot remember how that was done. Can someone refresh my memory? This time I will copy the information into my own little help file. -- DCSwearingen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DCSwearingen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21506 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=474829 The code may have used the worksheet_change event. Here's ...

Your Only FOREX Online Trading Portal. #2
Thousands of affiliates cannot be wrong! The Forex (currency trading) industry is the world's biggest market on earth, with a daily turnover of 2.5 trillion dollars! Forex-Affiliate.com joins forces with Easy-ForexT Trading Platform, a world leader in online currency trading... http://thegloballink.biz/news-easy-forex.html ...

Combo Box Resizes when clicked ... why? #2
In Excel 2000, activeX controls such as command buttons, combo boxes, check boxes and option buttons will display inaccurately until they receive focus. Fonts and symbols used in the control often appear distorted until clicked. For example, with the combobox, the dropdown arrow appears scrunched. With command buttons it looks like the height and width are both increased by 1 when clicked and then the button returns to the wrong size when another control receives the focus. This occurs on multiple machines running Office XP, with and without service packs 1 and 2 installed. The problem does no...

Obtaining More Relevant Templates #2
Dear All Does any one know where I can beg borrow or buy Publisher 2000 templates that are more relevant to the UK. Regards-- nebb Either you had asked this question about two weeks ago or you're asking the same thing. What "more UK relevant" items are you looking for? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "nebb" <nebb(erase)@freenet.co.uk> wrote in message news:9976BC16-5B28-4161-B716-8252489F94A2@microsoft.com... > Dear All > Does any one know where I can beg borrow or buy Publisher 2000 templates > that are more relevant to the UK. > ...

Huge Av Disk Queue Length #2
Hi guys We have a 2 cluster Exchange 2003 environment. Approx 150 mailboxes, average 500MB, about 20 or so as large as 3GB. 4 storage groups, 4 mailbox stores per group, each store on it's own physical mirrored disk, logs on seperate physical disks. Compaq servers, dual Xeon, 3GB RAM, fast SCSI disks. The problem we have is occasionaly Outlook will grind to a halt on certain machines, particularly the PA's who have up to 10 shared calenders open. I've set a performance monitor to check average disk queue length on each of the disks. Most are fine and rarely go above 10 or so...

canadian payroll errors when accessing employee setup #2
Hi, I've recently upgrading from Great Plains 7.5 to 8.0 and when i try to access Payroll Employee Setup, i get the message "A get/change first operation on table 'P_CPY_SETP_Employer_Number' failed accessing SQL Data. When i click on the more info box i get [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'PDM.dbo.zDP_CPY10010F_1'. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'PNFHlthExpAcctInx'. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'PNFHlthPayAcctInx'. [Microsof...

How to MoveFirst, MoveNext, MovePrevious, MoveLast in LinQ To XMl Please Help #2
I have the Next XML var xml = new XElement( "clients", new XElement("client", new XAttribute("id",1), new XElement( "name", "Luis"), new XElement( "country", "Portugal") ), new XElement("client", new XAttribute("id",2), n...

simple install instructions for CRM 1.2 installatio on SBS 2003
Hello, I have undertaken several attempts to run Microsoft CRM with the standard intranet functionalitie of SBS 2003. SBS 2003 with SP 1 and SQL SP4 is running well. In spite of several instructions by chapter 15 or this newsgroup will it not working. First some IIS and DNS errors and after that a login error. Is There someone who has an easy, clear and complete instruction guide? In advance thanks for your response, Jaap Hi this address may help you http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm12/01_Intro.mspx Best Regards -- Göksal Ersen Çelebi Senior Softwar...

Customise Outlook Today #2
Hi I'm running Outlook 2000 (as part of Office 2000 Professional) with SP-3 loaded and for some reason, the Customise Outlook Today button has ceased working. The same thing has happened on two PCs loaded with two different discs (I am sure it used to work but I can't remember if this was before or after I downloaded & installed SP-3). If I hover the cursor over the button, the button changes as if it can be selected, however, when I click on it nothing happens! Is anyone aware of how I might resolve this issue please? Many thanks Peter OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook ...

OWA Logon page #2
I have 2 E2k3 installations and both have https enabled. However, on one installation there is a pretty page that says OWA, public or private check boxes, etc. But on the other when I log onto https://ex.comp.com/exchange it only comes up with a dialog box and not the exchweb page. How can I fix it to have the pretty page? TIA Bobby On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:04:35 GMT, "Bobby Janow" <bjanow@msn.com> wrote: >I have 2 E2k3 installations and both have https enabled. However, on one >installation there is a pretty page that says OWA, public or private check >boxe...

Act 6.0 #2
I have office 2000 and need to import my Act 6.0 database. My office does not have the service option under Tools. Can anyone tell my how to import? ...

RMS HQ 2.0 maximum stores connected
Hi all, Is there a case study where over 100 RMS 2.0 Store operations + RMS 2.0 HQ running ? With a central 1 HQ Server running in our Head Office and with plans rollout RMS 2.0 store operation for approx 100 store operations for the next 2 years. We rasied a concern on how the HQ Server can effectively communicate to all stores with HQ Access, even if it runs 24/7. Will the HQ Server 2.0 allow multiple communications server such that 1 communications server in the HQ is mapped to say, 20 stores on the store side, but communicates to a single HQ 2.0 Server? Most branches will run...

SMTP logging #2
Anyone know how to set logging on an smtp connector (on Exchange 2003) to track sender, recipient, time/date, subject, destination server (ip or name). I need to be able to go back and confirm that msgs were delivered (and to what smtp server). Thanks, Check "enable logging" on the SMTP VS. On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:06:01 -0800, Ivan92 <Ivan92@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Anyone know how to set logging on an smtp connector (on Exchange 2003) to >track sender, recipient, time/date, subject, destination server (ip or name). >I need to be able to go back and co...

Word Cells into Excel Cells #2
How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into cells within Excel *.xls. By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simply select table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want it to appear. J "gary" wrote: > How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into > cells within Excel *.xls. > > > jayceejay Wrote: > By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simpl > select > table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want i > to > ap...