Stupid question regarding reports

I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a
very dumb report question.   How do I create a new report?  I've looked in
the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of
references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a
new one.  I realize that it must be there somewhere.  Someone please help
this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though).

Bob

0
bobnewman (31)
9/6/2003 2:12:31 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports"
and select which one you want. Don't forget to
use "customise" to select the dates you want for the
reports. I assume you have some transactions entered?
In Money you don't actually create a report but use what
is in there and then customise it but no transactions no
report. Seems strange if you ae used to making reports in
Works excel or access but pretty good when you get used to
it. But wait till you try using the budget setup! I'm
pretty confident with money but am still having trouble
sorting out the budget aspects. Damned if I know where to
look for the answers. Good luck with it.

I am leaning towards trashing it and going back to either Excel or Quicken.
I like most Microsoft programs very much but this one has some strange
quirks to it.  I only bought it in the first place because they offered the
free billpay service.

Bob

"geoff" <geoff.lark@bigpond.com.au> wrote in message
> Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports"
> and select which one you want. Don't forget to
> use "customise" to select the dates you want for the
> reports. I assume you have some transactions entered?
> In Money you don't actually create a report but use what
> is in there and then customise it but no transactions no
> report. Seems strange if you ae used to making reports in
> Works excel or access but pretty good when you get used to
> it. But wait till you try using the budget setup! I'm
> pretty confident with money but am still having trouble
> sorting out the budget aspects. Damned if I know where to
> look for the answers. Good luck with it.

0
bobnewman (31)

Form Information to Report
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. First of all, i created a form with multiply text boxes with complex calculations in each text box. When you move from one record to another record, each text box will change due to the calculation. Now what i need to do is to create a separate report for each record. I started creating a report by copying and pasting the text boxes from the form to report in design mode. If at anytime the calculation changes, i don't want to change the calculation on the form and also on the report. (to much of chance of forgetting to change bo...

extra pages on reports
hello all. I have the same issue with 2 reports that I have created. They both have sub-reports attached to them. The problem is that each report has a blank page in addition to the report. How can I delete the blank page from the report format? Any help would be appreciated. ...

Recommendations Reporting Services 2008
Can anyone give me their recommendations on what manual to get to learn SSRS 2008? - I am between a beginner and intermediate in writing SQL queries. Your response is appreciated. Thanks -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-programming/201004/1 On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 18:59:41 GMT, "Chamark via SQLMonster.com" <u21870@uwe> wrote: >Can anyone give me their recommendations on what manual to get to learn SSRS >2008? - I am between a beginner and intermediate in writing SQL queries. >Your response is appr...

Fiscal Year settings and reporting
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59F4A.30DC56F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi: I know that Fiscal year settings are once and for all. No changes can = take place in it. Is it possible to set the period to monthly and then = roll up by quarter? Can we generate quarterly reports if we select = month? =20 Thanks any help is appreciated.... --=20 Mansoor Awan=20 ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59F4A.30DC56F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfe...

VBA Question #3
Sub sheets_list() Dim a As Long Dim s As Long Dim shtName As String s = 4 For a = 1 To Sheets.Count shtName = Sheets(a).Name Sheets(a).Hyperlinks.Add anchor:=Cells(a, s), Address:="", SubAddress:="'" _ & shtName & "'!A1", ScreenTip:=shtName, TextToDisplay:=shtName Next a End Sub My understanding is that the s = 4 determines the column where the list of worksheets should be returned, and this seems to be correct when I change the value. Also if I change a = 1 to a = 5 it starts the list in Cell D5 which is what I want. BUT......changing t...

Question--Payment and Deposit order in advance register
Hi Everyone: I just purchased MS Money 2006 and have a question on the manner transactions are posted in the advanced register. I noticed that when both payment and deposit transaction are entered on a single date, the transactions are sorted so that payments are listed first and deposits are listed last. This means that all of the previous payment transactions for that date are drawn from the account without the benefit of the deposit. So payments made against the deposit make the account appear to have insufficient funds for those transactions. Is there a setting to disable the auto...

Page Break in Access Report
How do I get rid of the last page break in a report? The last page of my report is always followed by a blank page. Hi CC, How many pages is your report? If it is normally only one page, then the last page would be page 2. One possible cause of this symptom is having a report that is too wide. For example, if you are printing Portrait, on 8 1/2" X 11" paper, the following applies: 8.5 <= Left Margin + Report Width + Right Margin If your report is more than one page of data, and the sum of the above three settings is greater than 8.5 inches, then the classic sympto...

Question on Sorting by (date, etc)
I have a column (A) which sre dates. If I select the column heading and click either the sort ascending or desending button, the date column alone sorts independent of the other eight columns that comprise the entire entry. How would I go about being able to sort by a particular column and have everything sort with it? I have other columns that I would like to sort by sometimes too, like "color", "type", etc. Thanks for reading! select all the columns and now go to data | sort . On Feb 20, 11:21=A0pm, "Ed" <2...@333.com> wrote: > I have a column...

2 questions on POS 2009. 1. Decimal places 2. Tax Calculation
I am a user of RMS 2.0, and I have 2 questions on POS 2009 1. Decimal places. How many decimal places are you allowed in the price field on the item card ? In RMS 2.0 you are allowed 2, 3 if you change the type to 'gasoline'. I am looking for 5 decimal places 2. Tax calculation. Normally you enter in the price excluding tax, and then RMS calculates the tax for you. Is there an option in POS 2009 where the price can 'include' the taxes? And then when you select the item for sale, POS 2009 would 'back calculate' to break out the taxes ? Thanks i...

Conditional Printing of Certain Fields in A Report
i need to have a conditional printing of some fields (SEE BELOW) VENDOR SHARE $999.99 LESS TAX $999.99 country ENGLAND tax (%) 20% AMT DUE $999.99 how do I print only these 5 lines when the tax amount is not zero. Also how do i combine line 2,3 & 4 and looks like LESS ENGLAND (20%) TAX instead. I tried doing the following: ="LESS" & [COUNTRY] &"(" &[TAX (%)] &")" in the control source but i got a #ERROR error Any help would be appreciated. Kevin T <Kevin T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i need to...

MFC thread question
Hi, I've been working in a comm class lately, that uses win32 api to perform all the functions. The code was first designed without being encapsulated, and it worked perfectly. Now I want to put it inside a class, but I have problems with the thread creation process. Supose this is the class: class CComm { private: .... DWORD WINAPI serialTask(LPVOID pParam); // rx thread .... public: .... } DWORD WINAPI CComm::serialTask(LPVOID pParam) { // do all the stuff .... } And now suppose this is the creation routine: CComm::CComm() { .... // tested this, didnt work serialThread = ::Afx...

VBA to create series of workbooks need to add code to skip creating a report if no lines meet criteria
Hi All, I need some assistance as where I'm at with this report is far beyond my level of knowledge and I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I've created a template that creates a report and displays variances based on the "search criteria" which is defined in another worksheet and hides any rows that are equal to Zero and are between the value (>= -5000 AND <= +5000) and what I'm trying to figure out is if there are no rows visible within the report then it should not save the report (that way I don't email a blank works...

regarding allocation of chart series point colors
Greetings and thanks for your time I have labels A,B,C,D and data series of values a%, b%, c%, d%. This series is sorted into ascending order of values and feeds a bar chart (ie a Pareto chart). I would like to display this data also on a Pie chart, but would like to keep the same series point color for A,B etc. regardless of how the updated values change the rank order (say, C,B,A,D). Presently, if say, point A is dark blue at the start of the order and then after updating the % scores point A moves down to 3rd in the order, point A will take on another color. Any advice will be appreci...

Does e-mail router automatically set regarding?
Hi, I succefully installed the e-mail router on our CRM system. I have set the e-mail option to track e-mails from accounts, contacts and lead. Now when I receive an e-mail from a known contact it is imported in CRM but not linked to the contact. So the "Regarding" field is not set. Is this correct or did I miss some configuration option? I would like the e-mail to be linked to the contact automatically Kind regards, Steven Boers You need to open the web client and check the workplace (type = email and my received emails). see if the email appears their? if so then open the ...

Table fields not appearing in report writer
I have created an add-in app for GP. With the app are reports. When I go into Great Plains in the Report Writer and modify the report I need to create a relationship with existing GP tables. When I am in the Report Writer and I choose the MY table and look at the table, I can see all the fields. When I go to create a relationship, I click the Relationship button, select Great Plains for the product, select the table I want and choose the index. In the portion of the form where you associate one field with another, the secondard table (GP) shows the fields that are in the index. H...

How can I count unique values in a query in the report footer
Am using Access 2003 I have a report that gives me the count of the status of individuals . This works fine as long is there is only one record in the query (in my query there is one record per month). When I query 12 months (individuals may appear in various months) it counts each record of an individual. For Example in a query considering 12 months for a widow Jones it may count her 12 times and for a survivor named Smith may count her 8 times: Widows 12 Survivors 8 I would like to add a count in the report footer that will tell me how many unique individuals I have in the repo...

Stupid (I hope) XML questions
Ok, I have a project that is destined for continual growth and development over the next few years (benign scope creep). The object model is relatively generic at the moment, but will be extended considerably over time, mostly using inheritance. Each document will have a single element at the root and it will contain a collection of objects that are based off of a finite number of base classes. However, these objects may have numerous child classes and I can not guarantee that the child classes won't be containers themselves. References will be allowed between objects of different base typ...

corrupt database question
I have Access 2003. When I open the db, there are forms, queries, and reports missing. When I go into one of the forms that is available, the data is not accurate. For instance, I had ~ 200 files listed in a table, and only 17 showed up. Any ideas? Thanks!-- Nola Nola wrote:> I have Access 2003. When I open the db, there are forms, queries, and> reports missing. When I go into one of the forms that is available,> the data is not accurate. For instance, I had ~ 200 files listed in a> table, and only 17 showed up. Any ideas? Thanks! Somebody else may have a better idea, but I sugg...

Report not functionning in Money 2007
Hi ! I just finished the upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2007. Everything went fine except that the Report function no longer work. Every time i try to get a report, the "Loading" stays there forever and nothing happen. Does someone has a clue of what is happening ? Andr� Hi Andre, I am using Money 2006 was also experiencing the problem you described where I would attempt to generate a report, would get the pie chart and then the "Loading" message and nothing would happen. I converted over from Quicken in 2005. I was only experiencing this problem when I tr...

Beginner questions about creating a sheet.
Hi all, I am having trouble learning some basic functions. So far all I can do is simple calculations. I have made a tip calculator, and growth preidictor for recruitment numbers. Howerver where can I go to get basic step by step training? I just want to create a simple sheet that contains a stage that a sale is in like (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc), the sale name and the name of the person who is buying or being cultivated. I would also like to create a sheet that has check marks that are not in the form tools. I see how I can insert those, but I also downloaded a template and it has check marks wit...

Characters not displaying in Reports
Hi I have a problem where certain characters are not displaying when i print reports. An example of the characters would be: ĨħĪĩčċ‹ēĖĖĝĜ which when they are printed within the report come out as: ??????‹????? Is there any reason for it doing this? Is there any way to get the report to display these characters? The reason I would like the characters displayed is due to the Romanian language using some of those said characters. "Are you sick" becomes "eşti tu bolnav?" where the 'ş' is displayed as '?' Thank you very much in advance If this is just...

Exporting CRM Reports Gives Error
Hi All, Whenever I try to export or print any CRM reports I recieve the following error: Line: 122 Char: 2 Error: ix is undefined Code: 0 URL: http://10.1.1.140/reports/viewer/html/toolbar.aspx?id=4629 I get the same error on all reports, both custom and standard. It is happening on both thick and thin clients with different versions of office installed. Anyone got any ideas please? MS Support unfortunately have yet to come up with a solution. Thanks Simon ... is this happening from all your workstations? i e can you print from one but not another? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft...

GP Payroll and HR Report Printing Problem #2
Hi I am using GP9. I am not able to print the report for an employee from cards or reports even in Fabrikam company. It simply shows the Employee master detail Level 3 Total Number of Employee: 0 The user have the all rights to access Payroll & HR We did the check links the result is same But if I add new employee it prints fine no problem. I cant delete all the information of more than 100 employee payroll and HR data and recreate again. Any one can help me solve this problem Thanks in advance Nizham ...

multiple tables in a report 10-24-07
i am making a report on inventory, it comprises tblsales, tblpurchases, tblsalesret. my problem is, how can i use or read this 3 tables to make one report ...

Question #2
When I send email to a group of recipients, I don't want to show the recipients' address. How can I do this ? place the names in the bcc field. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "MCA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:072b01c3d14d$e7a2f7d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I send email to a group of recipients, I don't want > to show the recipients' address. > > How can I do this ? Look at Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 266339, which takes Neo...