Stupid question regarding reports

I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a
very dumb report question.   How do I create a new report?  I've looked in
the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of
references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a
new one.  I realize that it must be there somewhere.  Someone please help
this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though).

Bob

0
bobnewman (31)
9/6/2003 2:12:31 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports"
and select which one you want. Don't forget to
use "customise" to select the dates you want for the
reports. I assume you have some transactions entered?
In Money you don't actually create a report but use what
is in there and then customise it but no transactions no
report. Seems strange if you ae used to making reports in
Works excel or access but pretty good when you get used to
it. But wait till you try using the budget setup! I'm
pretty confident with money but am still having trouble
sorting out the budget aspects. Damned if I know where to
look for the answers. Good luck with it.

I am leaning towards trashing it and going back to either Excel or Quicken.
I like most Microsoft programs very much but this one has some strange
quirks to it.  I only bought it in the first place because they offered the
free billpay service.

Bob

"geoff" <geoff.lark@bigpond.com.au> wrote in message
> Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports"
> and select which one you want. Don't forget to
> use "customise" to select the dates you want for the
> reports. I assume you have some transactions entered?
> In Money you don't actually create a report but use what
> is in there and then customise it but no transactions no
> report. Seems strange if you ae used to making reports in
> Works excel or access but pretty good when you get used to
> it. But wait till you try using the budget setup! I'm
> pretty confident with money but am still having trouble
> sorting out the budget aspects. Damned if I know where to
> look for the answers. Good luck with it.

0
bobnewman (31)

Saving Question
Why does Excel sometimes ask me if I want to save my spreadhseet even though I haven't made any changes? For example, I just brought it up, made no changes, did nothing, and when I close it out I'm asked if I want to save. Never understood that. Some functions are "volatile" and force a recalculation upon opening the workbook. These commands include TODAY(), NOW(), AREAS() and some others I can't think of right now. Once the workbook is recalced, Excel assumes that it has changed, even if you didn't really change anything. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft...

Tab control question about updates
Searched but couldn't see this discussed. I have a form with 5 tabs. Data can be loaded three ways, manually entered, imported from a text file, and imported from a Word template. On one of the tabs (the second) when the user enters information such as a social sec. number (SSN) that matches a file already in the system, a flag goes off and alerts the user. Works fine. On the import functions, the data is loaded and appears correctly, but when the user moves to the second tab where the SSN number appears, it does not set off the flag when the page opens. I can make it happen with a c...

outlook 2007 cached mode question
With the cached mode a copy of the mailbox is stored locally. Does this mean that a user can go to another user's cached copy and open/read it? Each of my users has to be a local administrator because of a records management system we use, so each person's "private" folders are mapped to a shared network drive where security settings restrict access. If a local administrator would have access to the cached copies of mailboxes I would have to manually change the storage location. If I disable the cached mode what, if any, functionality do I lose? Bill Bill <trai...

Query
I have a transaction # for each record in my main form with a subform "Approvals" and "Checkouts". I created a query to show the sum of all Approvals and all Checkouts by Transaction # for each record. (one for Accruals and one for Checkouts). All approvals and checkouts come up in these queries. I want to create a report showing, per Cost Center, the $ amt of Approvals, the $ amt of Checkouts, and a calculated field to show the remaining value. The report comes up with all approvals and checkouts per cost center, however, if there is an approval that does not hav...

Balancing Question
As posted before, I never got my July/August statement from my bank. I know my statement is up to date, and when I tried to balance it with september, it left me with 200 bucks in bank charges as a descrepency because the starting/ending balance was different. My bank charges me 5.00 for each statement I need because they don't offer it on their webpage. My question is this: Do I have any other option to fix my account/balancing problem besides paying 10 dollars for old statements? Would reinstalling money and starting a new money file with just my September purchases/withdrawls, and ba...

How to make a z report in off line mode?
How do i make a z report in the off line mode? In the off line mode the system doesn't let me do the z report, so how can i get today's transaction report? I believe you can only get a Z when you're back online. Note that the offline sales will be added to a blind closeout when you go back online, which you'll need to close off in the manager program. You may have to add the totals to the other Z read for the day. "TJW" wrote: > How do i make a z report in the off line mode? In the off line mode the > system doesn't let me do the z report, so how ...

Reference column question
Setting up a tabulation speadsheet,has 40 rows and 10 columns.Question is when I do my formula which is a subtraction for each column,I want to use a refernce # from the first row of each column =Sum(F1-D3)=SUM (G1-D3)and so to=Sum(P1-D3)Rather than enter each manually,because cut and paste adds 1 to each column how can I get to use f1 as reference for that column G1 for that column.Thanx If I understand correctly, try putting a $ in front of the row reference. Also, sum is not necessary for what you are doing. =F$1-D3 as you copy that down it becomes =F$1-D4 copied across to the ri...

Keeping track of which listbox has focus: Best approach question
Access 2007 working in compatibility mode with a 2003 database. I have three list boxes on a tab page. I also have buttons that operate based on which list box has focus. So my approach has been to keep track of which list box has focus by having the following kind of code in the On Got Focus function of each list box: Private Sub lbx_suspendedIndefinitely_manageMyTasks_GotFocus() If Not (IsNull(Me.lbx_suspendedIndefinitely_manageMyTasks)) Then Set suspendedListBoxWithFocus = Me.lbx_suspendedIndefinitely_manageMyTasks End If End Sub in which suspendedListBoxW...

Outlook 2007 question
I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable them? thanks I notice now that the problem is more severe. I cannot reply to messages, save is not working. It seems that most of the functionality is disabled. I can receive emails but cannot answer them. Any clue? this is very bothering. Thanks! "YLY" wrote: > I installed outlook 2007 and now I try to customise it but I notice that the > Tools/Opions and Tools/Customize menus are disabled. Why and how to enable > t...

Printing a Year-End Report Again #2
I was closing the Receivables Management for the year and I accidentally closed the Receivables Year-End report without printing it. How could I open this report again? I would like to print and save this report but I am already done closing the year. I am using Dynamics version 7.0. ...

Hourly Report
Does anyone know how to set up the following report: Hourly sales, by day of week over a period of time. For example, I'd like to know what our sales are by hour on Saturdays from Jan-Mar (i.e. total sales on Saturdays from 10-11AM for the three month period). Hoping this will give us a better idea of whether or not our store hours should be adjusted. It's hard to look at them one day at a time on the Z reports. It would be much easier to analyze over a period of time. -- Kris Hi Kris, I am not sure which Kris you are, but this is Akber Alwani Yes I have done this report ...

Select null values in Crystal Report
I want to select those records in a Crystal Report where the country is not filled. I can select those where it is filled, however I get zero record back when I want to select where it is not filled. I use the following selection formula in the record selection part: Length ({account.address1_country}) < 1 Any idea is appreciated. Thanks, Miklos ...

Question #10
If possible... How do I get excel to change the color of a "grid" if I enter say specfic letter or word in it. Example. 800 columns by 800 rows All columns and rows are small as possible Each letter would mean something, and I would need the grid with tha letter to be a specifc color. To allow easy viewing of the information V = red R = grey H = blue So instead of filling in each color per grid myself, I would get exce to auto-fill Any help would be greatly appreciat -- dirtytongu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dirtytongue's Profi...

Difference between XML templates and Active Reports
Why does RMS use XML templates (for receipts and P.O.s) and for most other reports Active Reports? I realize that the XML receipts can not be changed or resorted on the preview screen, but why use not all active reports? Active reports are based on formating the results of a SQL Query - if you can work out the SQL to get the result set you want, you can create almost any report you want. The XML Templates are based on objects internal to RMS, like the current transaction for reciept printing, the active PO or Transfer request for PO prining, or a given customer for Statements. Y...

2 Formatting Questions
Date Fields: Can we, in the CRM forms, format dates to read into the “15 Aug 2005” format? This is possible in reports, but by default, the forms use only numbers for dates, but in any format. Currency: Any ideas of how to track multiple currencies in the same application - specifically USD and Canadian? I know a Microsoft CRM installation currently supports one language. But aside from using a picklist to specify "USD", "CAN", "MEX", or other I'm concerned about how their forecasting. -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC 610-692-3290 x3326 www.visalign.c...

Register report by catagry
Is there a way to print a report similar to quickens register report, with the catagories sorted? Have you looked at Transactions by Category??? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:719a01c40250$7b085780$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to print a report similar to quickens > register report, with the catagories sorted? ...

Reporting Services Error 04-27-07
Last night I moved the CRM databases from our CRM Web Server to another SQL server in the same domain in hopes to increase performance. I followed the docs from Article 917948. I want the reporting services to remain on the CRM web server so I also followed the document on "Additional setup tasks when MS Reporting Services is installed on a seperate server from MS CRM or MS SQL Server". I setup the delagations and checked the SPNs. Our current setup is this: server1 CRM app Reporting services Win 2000 server, SQL 2000 Server 2 CRM databases Win 2003 server x64, SQL 2005 x...

VBA date question
Why isn't this working? I have a form which has a text box for an attribute of type DATE. This attribute, foo, is normally null when the form is loaded. I tried setting the default value for the text box to "Date()" but it doesn't show up (i'm thinking it's because I'm actually running a join query to generate the record for the form so the form never gets the opportunity to display the default value for foo since it thinks it's supposed to be null, the result from the query) So I added some code like this: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) If (I...

create a report using vba to select the names for the report
Hi, I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as creating a string with customer names in it. Whats next? sample = Selected_Customer_Names= [ABC], [test], [New], [A New One] ...... and so on. Is this correct for the report and/or how do i open the report with the above only listed? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 03:47:34 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as >creating a string with ...

Counting Null Values in a Report
I have a report that is grouped by people, then by Reason Closed. I want to count how many entries do not have a closed date. I tried the previous posts but could not get it to work. I have a group header for each person to group their categories together. Thanks. Hi Dea, Try: =Sum(-IsNull([ClosedDateFieldName])) Note the minus sign just after the first paranthesis. IsNull() returns a -1 when the item is null, otherwise 0. So by summing up the negative of each (-1)s you are in essence counting 1 for each null item. Alternatively you could move the minus...

Access 2007 Rich Text Question 04-28-07
Hi All In the plan text version of a Memo field you can easily add a date by pressing Ctrl+Colon which makes life easy for the end user. However, if the Memo field is set to the Rich Text Property this no longer works. Or am I missing something? Tom gave me a part answer last week but I cannot see a way of inserting a date on a Rich Text Memo field by using keystrokes Thanks ...

A Question about CTreeCntrl
I'm writing an application from an example that uses a CTreeCtrl. I'm don't understand the usage of the InsertItem methods and its parameters. HTREEITEM InsertItem( LPTVINSERTSTRUCT lpInsertStruct ); HTREEITEM InsertItem( UINT nMask, LPCTSTR lpszItem, int nImage, int nSelectedImage, UINT nState, UINT nStateMask, LPARAM lParam, HTREEITEM hParent, HTREEITEM hInsertAfter ); HTREEITEM InsertItem( LPCTSTR lpszItem, HTREEITEM hParent = TVI_ROOT, HTREEITEM hInsertAfter = TVI_LAST ); HTREEITEM InsertItem( LPCTSTR lpszItem, int nImage, int nS...

Vlookup question #8
Hi- I have a spreadsheet that looks at individuals and the amount they paid within a certain year for healthcare expenditures. Based upon this level of expenditure, I would like Excel to spit out the Category that the individual falls into. Here is what the table for looking up the category looks like: A B C Category Min Max 00 $0 $20 01 $20 $165 Thus, if the expenditure is $17, they would fall into category 00. How do I do this in Excel? I know its probably an easy VLOOKUP function but I'm not sure how to do the VLOOKUP function when telling Excel th...

RPC/HTTP Question
I have two questions about implementing RPC over HTTP: I need to setup about 4 users to work from home over broadband..... I am considering the use of RPC/HTTP but have some questions about it. 1) Can RPC/HTTP be implemented on a single Exchange 2003 server? 2) Once implemented, will the data be downloaded on the user's remote desktops (i.e, PF,? Thank you , Rafael Rafael wrote: > I have two questions about implementing RPC over HTTP: > > I need to setup about 4 users to work from home over broadband..... I > am considering the use of RPC/HTTP but have some questions ab...

Quarter-End Payroll Reports #2
When trying to process quarter end payroll reports I am receiving and unhandle script exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Could not find stored procedure 'SCSB.dbo.uprGetPension'. ...