Stop

I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a
deposited item.  I made one bank deposit for the combined amount.  When it
cleared, I matched it against the two items and all seemed fine.
Problem is that every day Money shows the item again as an unmatched item
and I have to delete it constantly.  I realise this system isn't to well
written, but is there any way to have this not show up.  After all it was
matched and accepted once.

0
jbfoofy1 (37)
11/17/2005 12:01:23 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, John Barnes wrote:

>I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a
>deposited item.  I made one bank deposit for the combined amount.  When it
>cleared, I matched it against the two items and all seemed fine.
>Problem is that every day Money shows the item again as an unmatched item
>and I have to delete it constantly.  I realise this system isn't to well
>written, but is there any way to have this not show up.  After all it was
>matched and accepted once.

Try voiding the unwanted transaction instead of deleting.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/17/2005 12:13:49 AM
I posted this same exact problem 2 days ago
(http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.money&mid=bd83b1dd-d32b-4035-9eb9-de59a8d23603)

Voiding the downloaded trabnsaction voids it completely.  Money downloads it
after it is matched and treats it like it's never been downloaded before.  I
haveo keep matching the transaction several times, until it finally stops.
Since I've upgraded to Money SB 2k6 (yesterday) it hasn't happened again, but
time will tell.

And I still can't find an answer about the invoice + received payment = not
being abl to match to a downloaded transaction. :-\

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, John Barnes wrote:
>
> >I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a
> >deposited item.  I made one bank deposit for the combined amount.  When it
> >cleared, I matched it against the two items and all seemed fine.
> >Problem is that every day Money shows the item again as an unmatched item
> >and I have to delete it constantly.  I realise this system isn't to well
> >written, but is there any way to have this not show up.  After all it was
> >matched and accepted once.
> >

> Try voiding the unwanted transaction instead of deleting.

0
Hans1 (87)

OWA Help
Have a single Exchange server (Win2K, SP4 with Exch 2003 Sp2) in a single domain behind a firewall (Win2K,Sp4 with ISA 2000, SP2). The updates are recent. After the Updates to the Operating Systems and before the updates to ISA, OWA displayed to users "Page cannot be displayed". I've research KB articles and set the advised Web/Exchange Directory permissions. Am I missing something? I've got a nagging feeling that I'm missing something incredibly simple. Thanks in advance Jim ...

Autofilter stops working
I have Excel 2002 files where suddenly (no warning or error message) I can't change or even see the drop down on an auto filter for any column. When I turn off autofilter from the tool bar, the rows which were hidden remain hidden and I have to unhide all and the reapply the autofilter. Any one having a similar problem? I've never seen this with xl2002 (but I use it at home--so I don't do as much real work with it). But I've seen the arrows disappear in earlier versions (and data|filter|autofilter is still checked). I've seen it that clicking on the arrows doesn&#...

Stop Sql from starting automatically
How do I stop the Sql Server Service from starting at boot up? If I look in Services on XP the Sql Server(SQL2005) is set to manual). There is nothing in the Startup folder to start it. I can't see anything in the Run folder in the registry. Why is it starting and how do I stop it and only have it start when I go to services and tell it to start? Thanks, Tom Perhaps SQL Server Agent is set to start automatically? -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "tshad" <...

UCStream MFC Application stopped working and was closed
when i streted my dell inspiron regularly i saw "UCStream MFC Application stopped working and was closed " i can't understan what is the problem problem no 2: when i started attachments in gmail suddenly internet explolar stop the work and restarts again...

how do you stop spam?
I'm taking care of a Windows NT Server (4) with Exchange 5.5 SP2 installed. We have around 40 employees in the company and they have been complaining about spam. Desktops are running Outlook 2000. Is there a way to stop spam without installing a third party software? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. there is an open source one available. i think it is on sourceforge.net. search for smtp. mike "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ujtLb2riEHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm taking care of a Windows NT Server (4) with Exchange 5.5 SP2...

Modal Dialog Loop Start/Stop Hook
Hi everyone, In my application I need to hook such events as Modal dialog loop start/finish. Moreover, I have a lot of different types of dialogs (MFC, ATL, MessageBox, DialogBox...) and I suppose that all of them have different behavior (I've read MFC sources already)... Is it possible in Windows? It seems strange that there is no API function to determine whether we are in a Modal Dialog Loop or not because this do affects an application behavior. I tried to hook WH_CBT with HCBT_CREATEWND code but unfortunately it's impossible to determine either a usual window or modeless ...

"Windows Live Messenger has stopped working"
Hi, Ever since last night, I believe, when I restarted my computer, I have not been able to open Live Messenger. Every single time I try to open it it says "Windows Live Messenger has stopped working", then it says it will try to find a solution or whatever, but nothing useful. So I looked and looked around google, I have un-installed Windows Live Essentials, then re-installed it... I have done a "repair" thing... I have also done a System Restore to Friday AND Thursday as it has worked before yesterday. I have found this OLD thread on these forums: '...

Please Help: RPC over HTTPS stopped working
Hi All, Last week, we had a NIC failure in our dual homed Exchange 2003 Server. (the WAN NIC) We replaced it, reconfigured it, and everything seemed to be working fine again. After a closer review, everything works, webmail, outlook clients, routing etc., except RPC over HTTPS. On the exchange server eventlog the following warnings were logged: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Routing Engine/Service Computer: EX1 Description: Following client routing node failed to connect to its resvc C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\inetinfo.exe And also 953's w...

Stop Outlook Express Lauch at Startup
How can I stop Outlook Exp from starting when I reboot the computer. Having a hard time finding an answer. It brings up AIM and a Buddy List. These I stopped from inside of Express. I dont use Express and do not want it to launch. HELP! Thanks Make sure there isn't a shortcut to OE in the Startup folder in your Start Menu. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck!&...

how do I stop error message
each time I open any Ms doc I receive an error box saying office application version does not match Does this article help? Error message when you start a 2007 Office program on a computer that is running Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager: "Office application version does not match" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935569/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D6F5DEB-26B1-4801-B160-BA8B9A6B2312@microsoft.com... > each time I open any Ms doc I receive an error box saying office...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

how do i stop a maintenance plan?
I have a maintenance plan that runs every night. Sometimes it takes too long to run and it affects production for the following morning. I can see and kill the process it is currently running but then the next task starts and i have to kill that too. How can i stop the thing once it has started? thanks sqlserver 2005 Manually, or automatically? SSMS has a right-click menu on the job, but that is manual. -- Jay Konigsberg SQL Server DBA in Sacramento, CA http://www.linkedin.com/in/jaykonigsberg Live in Sacramento, CA? Join the Sacramento SQL Server User Group on Lin...

Cannot Stop Relay on 2003
I've gone through every KB article, verified all of the settings and still cannot stop the SBS 2003 server from being an open relay. I'm using the Telnet test published by MS and the server never comes back and says relay is not allowed. Can someone please suggest a course of action? I'm at my wits end with this. More--- I have turned off relay for authenticated users, too. "Klatuu" wrote: > I've gone through every KB article, verified all of the settings and still > cannot stop the SBS 2003 server from being an open relay. I'm using the > Telnet...

Media center stops on menu screen
Have a windows XP computer on which Media Center has been working fine for over 4 years. Sometime over the past few days, it stopped going forward from the menu screen when I try to click "MY TV". Media Center opens, and then goes to the blue menu screen where the menu has "My videos, my prictures, my TV, My Music, More Programs, Settings, etc" Then if I click on one of the MY TV choice, it does nothing. Then it totally locks up the computer and I am unable to do anything with media center. I can't even close it without going into the task manager and cl...

Overriding the Timer.Stop() Method
I'm trying to create my own extended Timer object based on Windows.Forms.Timer. As part of my code I've created a public property called "Counting" and I want to change it's state based on the Start() and Stop() methods. My problem is VB won't let me use "Stop()" because it keeps telling me "Keyword is not valid as an identifyer." How can I manager to get this past the compiler? Public Shadows Sub Start() _counting = True MyBase.Start() End Sub public shadows sub Stop() _counting = False My...

Stop Win Explorer from opening My Documents?
Can I stop Windows Explorer from opening My Documents everytime I launch it? Better yet, can I make it open the C drive instead? TIA LAS In news:OwsaAJmgKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: > Can I stop Windows Explorer from opening My Documents everytime I > launch it? > > Better yet, can I make it open the C drive instead? Explorer command line options: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314853 -- Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com Create a desktop shortcut to the C drive. "Laurel"...

How can I stop my tab settings from reverting?
When I change my tab settings within a document (say from .5 to .25), and then save and exit the document, there are many times when I reopen it that the tab settings have reverted back to the original .5. This causes problems when I send documents to a printer and they open up the document with the wrong tab settings. ...

How do I stop excel removing zeros?
Hi, I'm opening a .csv file directly from a web page that has customer data in it for producing despatch labels for orders. Some American postcodes begin with a zero, and excel removes any leading zeros resulting in an incorrect postacode. If anyone knows how to EITHER get Internet Explorer to open the .csv in notepad, or stop excel removing the leading zero it would be appreciated. Unfortunately, Excel is treating the zip code as a number and will automatically drop any leading zeros. If you're strictly using this information in Excel, then format the column using the Special ...

How can i stop a meeting to another person from appearing in MY e.
Help - when I send out a metting time and date to another person, I always get an email in my email box. I don't want the email - how can I stop it? What is the email and what version of Outlook are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, dramatutor asked: | Help - when I send out a metting time and date to another person, I | always get an email in my email box. I don't want the email - how can | I sto...

Stop creation of child window
I am using MDI . I open an xml file when user chooses file->open and show its contents in a child window. I want to stop the creation of child window in case my file open fails, how do I achieve this. Thanks Adrian wrote: > I am using MDI . I open an xml file when user chooses file->open and > show its contents in a child window. I want to stop the creation of > child window in case my file open fails, how do I achieve this. > > Thanks Check the condition if file is valid or is exist if exist show your child window if not display a messagebox. > I am using MDI ....

RMS Stopped Development?
Hello! I am new to RMS. I asked from a Microsoft Partner for a quote and it gave us a quite huge amount but "justifiable". However, after examining the demo version of the software, we noticed that it's VERSION 1.2 and was last developed in 2003. I am wondering if Microsoft really has a plan in maintaining the RMS software since it's almost about 2 years that RMS has no version revisions. I am just afraid that if we invest in this huge amount and then RMS will be left in the dark. Thanks! So will a lot of the rest of us. They so far are continuing to make fixes and i...

Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working
Outlook 2007 has been installed for all of 6 days. Today it stopped responding. I can no longer run Outlook 2007. Every time I open it I get "Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working" I do the Check online for a solution and close the program, and the program just closes. I have run Microsoft Office Diagnostics and no errors. Scanpst and no problems. I am running Vista Business and Office 2007. I hate I am going to have to go back to XP Pro and Office 2003, but this is unbearable. My problem is I copied all my emails to Outlook 2007 so it is no longer a 200...

music stops before end of song in middle of timed slide
ex. 2:13 minutes into a 4:00 mintue song and 4 seconds into a 10 second slide. I have tried to completely remove all music and reload everything. Please help this was supposed to be a Christmas gift and will not be done now. I have been working on this project since Thanksgiving trying to put together my step sons life story for my hisband and his birth mother. He was killed last year and I really would love to be able to still finish this tonight or even first thig tomorrow morning. Hi Tina, There are a couple of possible causes. 1. The song may have been trimmed (told to ...

How do I stop Excel from changing 02117240000 into 2.11724E+11 in.
I am working with files, trying to convert electronic billings into *.csv files for a customer. It seems to work but when I re-open the file, all of my customer's cost center numbers change from what they are supposed to be (i.e. 0211724000000) to something like 2.11724E+11 How do I stop the numbers from changing? Thanks Hi try formating these numbers as 'Text'. also saving the file as *.txt file may help as Excel will ask you for the type of this column in this case (and you can choose 'Text') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "BrendaC" <Brenda...

Running server reporting errors
Hi Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening regularly. A process serving application pool 'CRMAppPool' terminated unexpectedly Appreciate any help or pointers. Regards After moveing to v3 mine did this too... and recovered.. after rebooting itself! PeteC wrote: > Hi > > Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 > server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening > regularly. > > A process serving application po...