Stock Option Reporting

I am trying to run a Capital Gains report but my Stock Options are not
showing up on the report. Does anyone know a work around to report on Stock
Options?

SMc
0
shaunx4 (13)
4/4/2006 4:40:04 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, shaunx4 wrote:

>I am trying to run a Capital Gains report but my Stock Options are not
>showing up on the report. Does anyone know a work around to report on Stock
>Options?

If you are looking at Reports->CapitalGains report in Money 2006
Deluxe, why would your employee stock option be expected to show up
on that report?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/4/2006 4:47:46 PM
Maybe I should have clarrified. I am trying to view stock options that I
exercised in 2005. Should I not expect to see the profits I made off of this
trade show up in my Capital Gains Report?

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, shaunx4 wrote:
>
> >I am trying to run a Capital Gains report but my Stock Options are not
> >showing up on the report. Does anyone know a work around to report on Stock
> >Options?
>
> If you are looking at Reports->CapitalGains report in Money 2006
> Deluxe, why would your employee stock option be expected to show up
> on that report?

0
shaunx4 (13)
4/4/2006 5:07:02 PM
One does not have capital gains from unsold stock.  One has unrealized
gains but only if you report investments as a professional trader
otherwise the US IRS calls it a "Hobby".

Options are time sensitive contracts.  The options you exercised no
longer exist.  It is as though you purchased the underlying at the
Strike price.

arthur
==

"shaunx4" <shaunx4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Maybe I should have clarrified. I am trying to view stock options that I
> exercised in 2005. Should I not expect to see the profits I made off of
> this
> trade show up in my Capital Gains Report?
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, shaunx4 wrote:
>>
>> >I am trying to run a Capital Gains report but my Stock Options are not
>> >showing up on the report. Does anyone know a work around to report on
>> >Stock
>> >Options?
>>
>> If you are looking at Reports->CapitalGains report in Money 2006
>> Deluxe, why would your employee stock option be expected to show up
>> on that report?

Profit from exercising stock options is not a capital gain, but ordinary
income.  If you buy and hold, you may have a capital gain when you later
sell.

0
Taylor

Query/Report Help for Date Difference
Good Morning. I am trying to figure out how to calculate the number of days between two dates. I have a table callled events. That table has event date, event type, event outcome. I am pretty new to Access and need help. For example a defendant will have an Advisement Date (AA as stored in the table) and say a Preliminary Hearing date (PH). When i enter information I will enter the date, event type and the event outcome will be (PD for Pending, CN for Continued, or CP for completed). For example Case Number 10-12345 will have an AA on 01/05/10 which is Completed and a Pre...

Blank pages in reports
When we create a report in Visual Studio, it looks exactly as intended. However, when we upload this report to CRM, something gets tweaked and blank pages appear. So something is getting rendered incorrectly in CRM. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to correct the problem? Thanks, -Rick M. Verify the width of your pages, you may need to shrink them down a little less than what the ruler shows you. You may also want to consider setting the left and right margins to .2 or .5 rather than 1 inch; I would do this if you have not because its the fastest test. It can be a pain ge...

Smartlist Builder Menu Option
Does anyone know what might make the SmartList Builder menu option 'disappear' from a user's menu for a period of time? -- Thanks very much! Michele Durkin ...

Report Name Customer
Hi We have created a custom report in Visual Studio which shows all the service activities per customer in CRM. I now would like to display the customer name which was used in the filter as the heading of the report. If no customer was selected the heading should be blank. Do I need to use CRM_FilterText to achieve this? I have attempted to insert a parameter without success. I would really appreciate some guidance in how to achieve this. Many Thanks Mark no you can easily achieve this with a table group heading "Mark Braithwaite" <MarkBraithwaite@discussions.microsoft....

Select report to print, Help!
I have syncronized two combo boxes. The first one "ReportCountry" displays the the country for the reports to be shown on the next combo box. The second combo box "ReportName" displays the reports available for that country. I have also added a print preview button to my form, but I cannot get it to display the report that was selected from the second combo box. The code behind the button is: Private Sub PrintPreview_Click() RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.OpenReport Me.ReportName, acViewPreview End Sub What can I do to make the button work? Please help! Two que...

Report Error
I'm running GP 6.0 and one of my reports (Orders with discrepancies) is receiving an error "GPS Error: 58". Any ideas on the error and where to look for resolution? Thanks Jeff... ...

Access 97: InputBox to pass arguments for generating reports
I am a newbie when it comes to VBA and MS-Access. I have created areport for my database using the Report Wizard. Currently the reportprints all the contents in my database in columnar format. I wouldlike to pass some arguments (through an input box) that will allow meto print only selected rows from my database in the report. Forexample, my database has a date field and if I provide beginning andend dates in the InputBox, I would like only rows for which the datefield lies within the specified range to be printed. Can someone tellme how to go about it?BTW, Northwind Traders database, tha...

Transfers appear in Reports
Money 2005. I want just a simple list of Transactions By Category, but Transfers appear at the bottom. Is there any way to keep those from showing up? In microsoft.public.money, William wrote: >Money 2005. I want just a simple list of Transactions By Category, but >Transfers appear at the bottom. Is there any way to keep those from showing >up? Customize->Reset, or Customize->Category, and uncheck IncludeTransfers. Thanks Cal, But this Report doesn't offer that check box. I have seen it in other Report formats. Any other ideas? Thanks! "Cal Learner-- MVP&...

Downloading stock transactions
I am having a problem with downloading my stock transactions into 2005. For daytrades, it will download the SELL transaction prior to the BUY transaction....and since it sees that I am trying to sell shares that I do not own it adds an ADD SHARES transaction to account for the missing shares. Anybody else found this and solved it? In microsoft.public.money, kn wrote: >I am having a problem with downloading my stock >transactions into 2005. For daytrades, it will download >the SELL transaction prior to the BUY transaction....and >since it sees that I am trying to sell s...

stock split incomplete due to lack of disk space
When trying to record a reverse stock split (1 to 5), I get "The stock split could not be completed due to lack of disk space". I have 29 GB free. Any ideas of what is wrong? I tried recording a sale of some shares to eliminate fractional shares but that did not seem to make a difference. ...

Details on a Report
I've put together a database for keeping track of vehicle maintenance. I'm using three tables: The first has the information on the vehicle such as VIN, make, model, etc. The next table keeps track of when and where service was performed. It has the date, mileage, and service location. The third and final table has all the details on the services performed, such as oil change and tire rotation. My question has to do with how a search would display items on a report. What I would lke to be able to do is use a particular criteria in the query that underlies the report a...

Voided Transactions not returning inventory to stock
How can I make inventory return to 'on hand' when voiding posted invoices? How can I differentiate between documents that were voided after posting and those voided before posting? ...

Custom Report Grouping
I have created a database in Access 2003 and am trying to group by months but the months set up in the database are based on a tradional month. We use 4,4,5 accounting months. How can I create a group to based on dates I set up? On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:18:09 -0800, CARRIE <CARRIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a database in Access 2003 and am trying to group by months but >the months set up in the database are based on a tradional month. We use >4,4,5 accounting months. How can I create a group to based on dates I set up? I'd suggest se...

How do I get real time stock quotes to my excel worksheet?
I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes. Please, advice me on how to get that service. Thanks, Walter walter wrote: > I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I > can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes. > Please, advice me on how to get that service. > > Thanks, > > Walter There is a small group on Yahoo devoted to using Excel to do various stock market tricks. You can find it at: ht...

PDFs and Word Documents in Access Report
I'm trying to give the users an option to insert documents or PDFs into the report. I added an oleobject to the report. However, only page one will be displayed. Is there a way around this? I'd like to just store the filename in my table, then load the document into the OLE Object when the report is loaded. Thanks Vayse There is no method available to display more than the first page of the document. You simply cannot combine an Access report with an external document. The only workaround would be to programmatically: Print all/portion of the Access report Print the external...

Money 2003 Reports issue
I'm preparing to pay Sales Tax collected from my customers for the third quarter. I invoiced a customer in Aug. but I received payment from them in Oct. The Sales Tax Collected report for the third quarter correctly does not show that sale in Aug. But the Sales Report does. I don't want Money to report a sale until it has been collected, not when it has been invoiced. How do I do that? Thank you, Rich ...

"Customize OutLook Today" option Doesn't Work at All
Hello, At work I recently changed computers to an existing Dell Windows 2000 machine. It has Microsoft Outlook 2000 installed. The problem I'm having has to do with the "Customize OutLook Today" option. When I press the button, it does nothing at all. It doesn't take me to the customization screen nor does it display any kind of error message. Any ideas why I can't customize? Thanks! OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� M...

Report printing block
Problem: I can't print reports. The "print report" button does not work. The print set up button will allow me to change set up for checks but will not pop up for "reports". I suspect that it is blocked by some popup blocker software that I installed and since uninstalled. I tried re-loading the 2003 Money software with no change in result. Does anybody know how to unblock a pop up menue. Or, is this not the problem. Please help. Thanks ...

Identifying most recent entries to include in a report
I am having trouble selecting a number of entries from a table, to include in a report. The criterion is that the date is the last which occurs before the end of the month and which relates to a particular job. I assume I need to use a domain aggregate function to do this, but I can't see how to make it work. I have written a small database which tracks the points at which repair jobs get stalled. The idea is to present a report at the end of each month, showing which jobs are still not complete and what the holdup is. For example the job may be waiting for parts, or has been s...

Payroll 2010 HIRE Act tax reporting
Does anyone that has installed the Tax Update Round 5 for GP found a way to get the FICA SS Employer credit for an individual pay period? We have a client who wants to know what other users are doing to compute the breakdown of the FICA SS vs. FICA Med Employer so that they can fill out their Federal Deposit with accurate numbers reflecting the reduction of the FICA amounts by the W-11 Qualified Employees SS wages x .062 for the employer portion that is credited. I have one other client that is creating a Smartlist of the New Hires based on start date, then manually removing ...

Report summary
I have a report (InvoiceSummary) that summarizes all of my invoices that are in the DrillingInvoice form. I have my InvoiceSummary Report run from a query, here it is in SQL... SELECT Charges.UnitPrice, Charges.Quantity, Charges.Description, Charges. [Invoice#] AS [Charges_Invoice#], Charges.TaxableChk, Table1.[BillTo:], Table1.WellName, Table1.[Parish/County], Table1.InvoiceDate, Table1.[Invoice#] AS [Table1_Invoice#], Table1.NetAmount, Table1.CompanyFrom, Table1.Tax, Charges.Expendable, Table1.RigName, Table1.[TSWSin#], Table1.Date, Table1. AmtPaid, Table1.Balance, Charges.netamt FROM Table1...

Find/report all credit card payments?
How do I find or generate a report of all credit card payments? When I look at each such transaction the category says "Credit Card Payment". But when I try to find them (using advanced find) this category is not in the list, Also when I try to generate a report, this category is not available. I am using Money Plus Home & Business. Depending on the report, what you want to customized to include is Transfers. "Credit Card Payment" is a "Special Category" that is a form of Transfer. This is why it's not in the normal list of Income and Expense catego...

Report fields not printing
I have modified a Project Accounting Invoice Fromat Document Summary. All I did was move the invoice number and date into Group Break 2. When I run the report and print to screen the fields show up perfectly, but when I print the report they do not show up. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

FRx divisional summary report
I'm trying to create an FRx P&L report where I want to see each row as a division's net profit(loss). Just the bottom line for each division. We have a three segment G/L account format, where the first segment is the division. I'm thinking I don't want to use a tree but need the full account numbers in the row format. I'm having a little trouble getting started. Does anyone have any pointers to head me in the right direction? Elaine, are the divisions separate companies within GP? If so, setting up a reporting tree is your best bet. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT...

How can I change the recordsource of a report in code?
I have a report that I want to be able to control which recordsource it uses in code. I tried setting Me.RecordSource = MySQL statement in the OnOpen event, but it uses the one bound to the report instead and will never set it properly from code. Any help would be appreciated Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Generic Functions For UserData Persistence Store http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ccb984df-0b19-4555-8f7c-f7cc91cb3c39/generic-functions-for-use.aspx I had this same problem and never found a direct solution, but i did find a worka...