Still confused on whether this will work

Hi,

I hope you can help with my question, and thanks in advance!

In my use of MSMoney Plus Premium, I do bill payer through a bank
directly (Wachovia) and download transactions directly using my web site
passwords directly to those sites (T Rowe Price, Wachovia, Am Express
for example).  I am thinking this will still work after Feb 2011 (and my
license goes that long), that I will still be able to get transactions
automatically downloaded daily like I do now, and I can use the bank for
billpayer through MSMoney?

So the only thing I will lose is the stock price updates as they come
from Microsoft.

True?

Thanks
0
at1 (28)
9/16/2009 11:09:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Dominick wrote:

>In my use of MSMoney Plus Premium, I do bill payer through a bank
>directly (Wachovia) and download transactions directly using my web site
>passwords directly to those sites (T Rowe Price, Wachovia, Am Express
>for example).  I am thinking this will still work after Feb 2011 (and my
>license goes that long), that I will still be able to get transactions
>automatically downloaded daily like I do now, and I can use the bank for
>billpayer through MSMoney?

That should work even after your license expiration time.

>So the only thing I will lose is the stock price updates as they come
>from Microsoft.

You may get some price updates thru the OFX file from T Rowe Price
for securities that you hold. It will depend on whether prices on
your holdings are included in that file.

>True?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/16/2009 2:11:13 PM
Thanks!

Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money, Dominick wrote:
>
>> In my use of MSMoney Plus Premium, I do bill payer through a bank
>> directly (Wachovia) and download transactions directly using my web site
>> passwords directly to those sites (T Rowe Price, Wachovia, Am Express
>> for example).  I am thinking this will still work after Feb 2011 (and my
>> license goes that long), that I will still be able to get transactions
>> automatically downloaded daily like I do now, and I can use the bank for
>> billpayer through MSMoney?
>
> That should work even after your license expiration time.
>
>> So the only thing I will lose is the stock price updates as they come
>>from Microsoft.
>
> You may get some price updates thru the OFX file from T Rowe Price
> for securities that you hold. It will depend on whether prices on
> your holdings are included in that file.
>
>> True?
0
at1 (28)
9/17/2009 11:14:12 AM
On Sep 16, 4:09=A0am, Dominick <a...@yourservice.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope you can help with my question, and thanks in advance!
>
> In my use of MSMoney Plus Premium, I do bill payer through a bank
> directly (Wachovia) and download transactions directly using my web site
> passwords directly to those sites (T Rowe Price, Wachovia, Am Express
> for example). =A0I am thinking this will still work after Feb 2011 (and m=
> license goes that long), that I will still be able to get transactions
> automatically downloaded daily like I do now, and I can use the bank for
> billpayer through MSMoney?
>
> So the only thing I will lose is the stock price updates as they come
> from Microsoft.
>
> True?
>
> Thanks

No. Automatic downloads stop when it expires.
Mine expired a few weeks ago and auto downloads of Amex,
TRowePrice etc did not work. Really stupid since MS is not
involved in these downloads and it cost them nothing.
    Just to clarify. I currently go to my credit union and manually
download and import into Money 2007 Deluxe OFX and QIF files for
Checking, etc. and VISA. I am under the impression that I will
continue to be able to import that manual download into Money forever.
Is that your understanding?

By the way, I am still able to download prices for my Money portfolio
although the Money agreement deadline has passed. I am fortunate that
I didn't upgrade to Money Plus.

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:54:04 -0700 (PDT), Pungh0li0
<joe.dellwo@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sep 16, 4:09�am, Dominick <a...@yourservice.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I hope you can help with my question, and thanks in advance!
>>
>> In my use of MSMoney Plus Premium, I do bill payer through a bank
>> directly (Wachovia) and download transactions directly using my web site
>> passwords directly to those sites (T Rowe Price, Wachovia, Am Express
>> for example). �I am thinking this will still work after Feb 2011 (and my
>> license goes that long), that I will still be able to get transactions
>> automatically downloaded daily like I do now, and I can use the bank for
>> billpayer through MSMoney?
>>
>> So the only thing I will lose is the stock price updates as they come
>> from Microsoft.
>>
>> True?
>>
>> Thanks
>
>No. Automatic downloads stop when it expires.
>Mine expired a few weeks ago and auto downloads of Amex,
>TRowePrice etc did not work. Really stupid since MS is not
>involved in these downloads and it cost them nothing.

0
JohnGilford
9/24/2009 4:57:10 AM
>I am under the impression that I will continue to be
>able to import that manual download into Money forever.
>Is that your understanding?

That is my understanding as well.
--Joe

On Sep 23, 9:57=A0pm, JohnGilford <> wrote:
> =A0 =A0 Just to clarify. I currently go to my credit union and manually
> download and import into Money 2007 Deluxe OFX and QIF files for
> Checking, etc. and VISA. I am under the impression that I will
> continue to be able to import that manual download into Money forever.
> Is that your understanding?
>
> By the way, I am still able to download prices for my Money portfolio
> although the Money agreement deadline has passed. I am fortunate that
> I didn't upgrade to Money Plus.
>
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:54:04 -0700 (PDT),Pungh0li0
>
> <joe.del...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Sep 16, 4:09=A0am, Dominick <a...@yourservice.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
>
> >> I hope you can help with my question, and thanks in advance!
>
> >> In my use of MSMoney Plus Premium, I do bill payer through a bank
> >> directly (Wachovia) and download transactions directly using my web si=
te
> >> passwords directly to those sites (T Rowe Price, Wachovia, Am Express
> >> for example). =A0I am thinking this will still work after Feb 2011 (an=
d my
> >> license goes that long), that I will still be able to get transactions
> >> automatically downloaded daily like I do now, and I can use the bank f=
or
> >> billpayer through MSMoney?
>
> >> So the only thing I will lose is the stock price updates as they come
> >> from Microsoft.
>
> >> True?
>
> >> Thanks
>
> >No. Automatic downloads stop when it expires.
> >Mine expired a few weeks ago and auto downloads of Amex,
> >TRowePrice etc did not work. Really stupid since MS is not
> >involved in these downloads and it cost them nothing.

Unicode does not always work in outlook 2007?
Using outlook 2007, when I receive an email with a chinese subject line, it displays the chinese as jibberish in the subject column in the inbox view. However when I open the message then it displays the chinese correctly on the subject line. In the contacts list, when I try to create a new contact with chinese name by copy and paste, the name displays as ????. But if I paste the same name into the notes section, then it displays the chinese correctly. Is this a bug or is it by design? Does it work better in office 2010? ...

How to transparent editbox control works correctly...
Hi i am working on an application where i have dialog based application. On dialog there is a picture control which displays a picture. Now i want to put an edit box. Text box string is current time which i am getting from OnTimer handler. i want that editbox control should be transparent except text in it. for this i have work with following code and get succeed in OnCtlHandler of dialog if(pWnd->GetDlgCtrlID() == IDC_EDT_Isha) { pDC->SetBkMode(TRANSPARENT); hbr = (HBRUSH)GetStockObject(NULL_BRUSH); } it makes the backgound tranparent but when the value of the edit box change...

POS
Hi I know POS can't accept deposits nor layaways. My question is, has anyone figured out a procedural workaround for this? -Luis TIA Hello Luis, I am in the same boat as you are. I have a brand new "unsable" POS because there is no way to have a lay away... Is there a work around or should I stay with my old POS? -- Fabien in seattle "Luis" wrote: > Hi I know POS can't accept deposits nor layaways. My question is, has anyone > figured out a procedural workaround for this? > > -Luis > > TIA Citi Provides gift cards that can be used as...

Autofilter not working properly
When a column is autofiltered for blanks or nonblanks, the next available row for data entry is wrong ie: the last populated row is 300, but the row immediately below the filtered area is something like 3275 (random figure). Any ideas please, as this is driving me mad Hi, Does this problem happen when you highlite the range, then turn on autofilter? If not, you may have cells which at one time had data in them and Excel needs to reset the last cell. Have a look at: Last Cell - Resetting http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/lastcell.htm You may have cells which at one time had dat...

Money somehow still keeps the reference to my old payee account
I am using MS Money 2005 Small Business v.14.0.150.1105. Here is a description of my problem: I setup a payee (i.e. "Citibank" with account number "X") in order to pay bills electronically. I pay bills. Everything works perfectly. My financial obligation with Citibank account number X is closed after a number of successful payments. After some time, I incur a new debt with Citibank, this time with account number "Y" (a different accoutn because it is a different financial obligation). I set up a new payee as "Citibank" with account number "...

DisplayAlerts and ScreenUpdate will not set to False
In Excel using VBA code Application.DisplayAlerts = False or Application.ScreenUpdating = False. I F8 step thru the code and watch the value of DisplayAlerts. It never reads False. Seems like it worked yesterday? Is there any setting that would stop this from working? Joe More info. I had been looking at DisplayAlerts as I stepped thru the code by placing the mouse curser over the word DisplayAlerts and always said "True". I just used temp = application.DisplayAlerts and debug.print temp and that reads out "False"? So new question. Why? "Joe at Baso&qu...

Who thinks MSFT will NOT release a "non-activation" version of Mon
I know MSFT has about 9 months to meet their promise and release a version of Money that does not require activation, but what is their motivation to do so? It appears that Money's market share was below 20% and who knows how many have already switched to Quicken or will do so by Jan 2011. In order to avoid a PR debacle around stranding users' financial data, I'm beginning to think that MSFT will say that they lent Quicken an MSFT software engineer to create a converter and will give people a coupon for some $$ off quicken 2010 or 2011. Or MS might release an offl...

Outlook Express will not send receipt
I have Windows Me, Outlook Express 5.0. I receive emails that request a receipt; I checked send receipt always and tried checking ask me first. It tries to send a receipt but then says something like "outlook was unable to send the receipt" It doesn't tell me why or how to fix it. Can anyone help? Thanks. ...

Connector to Lotus Notes not working
I did a quick search but I think my problem specifically hasn't been covered. I have Outlook 2003, SP2 as a standalone client (no exchange). I'm trying to connect to Lotus Notes (version 6.5.4 on my desktop) but I'm getting an error after adding it in as an email account: The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Please contact your system admin. This worked a month ago, but in that time, I got a new machine, so I had to re-install the connector. Please help! Any ideas? HI ricochet, if you have solved your problem do let us know. I have precisely...

My password don't work on my MS Money 2004 Business edition
Hi everyone, I am panicing.My Microsoft Money Small Business Edition password is not working. Somehow my password changed. All my business data and personal financial data is on there and i don't know what to do. About two days my password does not work. I did not change anything. I wanted to print an invoice and it wouldn't allow me to. It would not allow me to go further without a password. Is there a solution to this problem or I am just doomed. Please do a search... if you did a very little superficial search, you will notice MANY people having the same problem. >-----Or...

Ctrl-c fails to work
Unusual issue. I don't know if anyone knows a workaround. When a user opens GP (v7.5 sp4 and 7), ctrl-c and ctrl-v work fine for copying and pasting. Once Transactions>>Financial>>Reconcile is opened, ctrl-c no longer works. You can click edit>>copy, but the keyboard shortcut to copy fails (ctrl-v still works). Closing GP and reopening resolves the issue, until you open that window again. Any thoughts? I have a client that has the same issue that the Ctrl-C will fails to work on the SOP item line. However have not yet been able to determine what conditions cause i...

"Show Placeholders" in options/view menu does'nt work.
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

My Outlook 2003 Will Not Display "Signature" on Insert Menu
For reasons that escape me entirely, my installation of Outlook 2003 on this one computer (on a network of 5) does not display "Signature" as an option on the Insert menu. Instead, it displays Insert Symbol (with S underlined.) If there's a way to change that menu structure through Customize, I don't find that either. It will apparently allow me to rearrange the sequence that options appear on the Insert menu, but will not allow me to delete or add any options. How can I get the Insert menu to display Signature as an option instead of Symbol? I shall greatly appreciate yo...

.NET access not working
Hey everyone. I can get into hotmail and my MSN account information but not money using my .NET name and password! This is VERY wierd. Has this happened to anyone?! I am using Money 2003. Any help is very appreciated! Jose I have exactly the same experience with money 2004. It started last week and I'm pretty tired of it. Mark >-----Original Message----- >Hey everyone. > >I can get into hotmail and my MSN account information but >not money using my .NET name and password! This is VERY >wierd. Has this happened to anyone?! I am using Money >2003. A...

Trace dependents not working
I am able to do trace precendents from cells in several sheets to cell A. But when I tried to do a trace dependent on cell A, the trace dependent could not fine any formulas that refers to the active cell A. ...

Ignore option under Library Monitoring does not work
I have read the posts about this issue but I'm still having a problem with the auto-monitoring for folders to use in the Library. Like others, I want to create a new Library on another drive. I have set that folder (I:\Music for example) to be the Rip folder and have added it to the monitor list. I have set all the C:\... folders to IGNORE and clicked OK. All my old music still shows up. I can not re-rip the music to the new folder since WMP thinks it is already in the Lirary. I don't want to delete the old Library either. On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 14:19:01 -0700, bigsky88 &...

Money 2007 Update Utility Not Working
Everytime I start Money 2007 I have a pop up window asking me to update Money and press OK. Which I do, and it closes Money and downloads the update. It then asks if it's ready to install, and that crashes. Then it says 'Microsoft Money Update Utility has caused an error and needs to be restarted.' or whatever that message is. That happens everytime I start Money, and I'd like to update it, because that notification is real annoying. What is wrong ? Is there a way to manually update Money 2007 ? Thanks Uninstall the IE 7 beta and do the update. The crash will stop. ...

Will deleting a Form delete attached code? AND How to see ALL code in dB ?
1 Will deleting a Form delete any code attached to the form? 2 Is there a way to see all the code associated with an Access data base? 3 - Or must you open every form and ask for code view? Or what? 3 - Can you print all the code out at once or must you open each object and print code associated with that object? thanks for the help. Mel "Mel" <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177956107.236707.142280@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >1 Will deleting a Form delete any code attached to the form? Well, the answer is "kind of" yes. It is important t...

archive not working
We are having company wide archiving issues. We are on Exchange 2003 SP2 and users are mixed Office XP and Office 2003. I have posted the question before on this and it looks like there is an issue with modify date. I am not sure if this will help with modify date, but we are using VERITAS as our backup and Exchange agent that will log in to every mailbox and backup email by email. Does the agent modify the emails date then? Before I take it to the Microsoft support and spend money, can someone help explain why this is going on and why can't we archive. No error messages are generat...

Outlook will not let me send an html link
Here is the error message: Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled. The help says this security setting is the default but if there is a workaround I have not been able to find it. Please advise. Thanx. Because secure versions of Outlook block shortcut files, I recommend that you use a little free add-in for Internet Explorer when you want to send someone a link to a page. You can get MailTo_URL from http://www.slipstick.co...

Has anyone run into this situation where the user clicks on the "Advanced Search" button and nothing happens. Usually it would allow the user to do Advanced Search options, but no longer. The end stated that this problem just started happening a week ago. She said nothing new has been added to the computer. It doesn't appear to be greyed out, but no longer allows the option for Advanced Search. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. There seemed to be a couple of potential problems which resolved this problem. First, I added the IP Address of our CRM server wi...

Messages sent only to me in blue setting not working
For some reason this setting no longer works after we moved to new PCs at our company. Strange because it works for some memebers of our group and not others. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We have absolutely no idea what you are talking about: Please provide: Version of Office/Outlook Where this "mail sent to me" setting? Is this done via a rule? Have you checked your settings against those of people where it does work? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all...

Reading my home email while I'm at work
I have Outlook Express 6 on my computer at home and at work. Is there a way I can check my home email from my office computer? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, a...

Sorting a Work sheet
Hi there, i have an example sheet here: www.dj-jammy.com/test.xls im want to be able to sort the countries on the left, by who has the highest figures for that month, at the top ,and the lowest at the bottom, but, i want to be able to select which month i want to find out for by a drop down menu; e.g., i select march from my drop down menu, and it sorts the sheet, with canada at the top, and uk at the bottom (and obviously the appropriate ones in between), but, if i then select may from my drop down box, it places poland at the top, and usa at the bottom. How would i do this - im not a pr...

Outlook express doesnt work after installing critical updates
Today I installed microsofts critical updates for outlook express. I went to check my email and I keep getting the message: Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be found. Outlook Express may not be installed properly. I have windows 2000, and this is really annoying, at least I know that I will never do any more critical updates for OE. Can anybody out there please please please help me. Thanks Lavinia ...