Steps to start over

If my data is hopelessly screwed up, is there a way to start completely
fresh?  Would it be uninstall/install?  I don't know how to re-install,
since I installed from a Trial copy off the web and then paid for the
upgrade.  There is a webinst.exe file in the money account, but I don't know
what it does and am afraid of losing my money.  (The cash I paid... not the
application.)

I tried deleting the account and re-entering.  That didn't help.  I restored
from backup, but the backups don't go back far enough to precede my problem.

0
FakeMail (99)
11/25/2005 3:12:07 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Laurel wrote:

>If my data is hopelessly screwed up, is there a way to start completely
>fresh?

File->New->NewFile.

Click Decline if you do not want a Passport on the file.
0
NoMailTnx (131)

how do i change start day on publisher calendar
I am trying to change first day in publisher calendar to monday. I have publisher 2003 with XP SP2. I have tried changing the language in settings but it doesnt seem to make any difference It is determined by your regional settings in the control panel. I have a plain Monday calendar here: http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "simonizzy" <simonizzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Changing Start Date for a Loan in Money 2004
I am trying to include last years payments in a home loan but Money 2004 wont let me change the start date earlier than 1-1-2003 - not sure why - I have also deleted the loan and reinput it trying to use a 2002 start dat - again it doesnt allow me to go back that far to start the loan. Do I need Money 2003 to do this? or is there any wayto change the start date without getting the error message? Thanks You'll need to set the system date to sometime last year, and then you'll be able to add the start date. Once you're happy, reset the date. Don't forget to take a backup first,...

when displaying formulas, how to start a new line in the same cel.
In the displaying formulas mode, if the formula is too long, how to start a new line in the same cell so that the formulas can be printed in one page. (Alt + enter won't work in formula mode) Hi AFAIK the only thing you could do is copy the formula as 'Text' (e.g. put an apostrophe in front of the formula) and then use aLT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "EL" <EL@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0ADE2051-6D82-439C-B65C-C9B7E0B9A925@microsoft.com... > In the displaying formulas mode, if the formula is too long, how to sta...

Outlook won't start #2
Error message is "Outlook caused a stack fault in module mapi32or.dll at 017f:012b2f4c. This error message does not produce any response from the Knowledgebase. Anyone know what this is? ...

Start Windows Live Mail with Newsgroups
When I start Windows Live Mail (using Windows 7), it displays Mail. I would like it to display Newsgroups, instead of Mail, because I use it primarily for Newsgroups. How do I get it to start with Newsgroups being displayed? - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com Explained here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop&tid=dd25475c-6dbd-46a4-b1db-54a260d177ef&mid=2ad24a4a-2fed-4852-9fc3-feadff11cab5&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=3 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

why does the Microsoft Outlook to ask me to start in Safe Mode?
I bought Office 2003 recently. It seem to mess up my email account. In news:1DFE1F2E-8603-4E66-BCF3-1B4664A3ED2F@microsoft.com, Annerose <Annerose@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I bought Office 2003 recently. It seem to mess up my email account. Sorry, not enough info to go on. I'm presuming you upgraded - from what? Please repost with a lot more detail, including the kind of email account you use. Use the subject line for a concise summary of your question, but put all the details (including the question) in the body of your post, in order to get the most help. RE: ...

Outlook 2003 Won't Start
I've successfully installed Office 2003 on several computers. I can't start Outlook on two of the computers. When I start Outlook 2003, I get the following error message: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The program is not registered properly. Please run Setup again. I've run Setup several times. I've even reinstalled the Windows XP Pro operating system. I still get the error message. Any ideas? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Milton Bell Fort Sam Houston, TX ...

Starting over with blank database?
Our database developed a corruption today and I've been looking at trying to fix it (backup is a month old), but as most of the users outlooks was open (small company, 6 users), I did a manual backup of their mailboxes from each outlook. So I figure it might be easier to start with an empty database and just import the data again. But what happens with the transaction logs? Should they be deleted as well, or will they be incooperated into the database if I leave them? =D8ystein If you are starting with a blank database, rename the mdbdata folder that contains the databases and also th...

Exchange services start order
I have Exchange 2003 on WK3 server. If I were to stop the Exchange services manually, what order would I start them? On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:19:55 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote: >I have Exchange 2003 on WK3 server. If I were to stop the Exchange services >manually, what order would I start them? > It doesn't really matter so much as they're dependencies will start them. Make sure all the IIS services are running so start the SMTP and WWW first which will ensure the IIS Admin comes up. The start the Exchange SA, then the MTA and then the IS. There ...

How can I calculate duration times given a start time
I am trying to do some calculations in Excel given a known start time and a calculated duration time to get a result that is a time or date and time format? How can I do this? =startdate_time+duration =A1+B1 where A1 holds the start date/time and B1 the duration -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Kevin" <khunter@cornerstone.com> wrote in message news:01cf01c39286$a2ef98b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to do some calculations in Excel given a known > start time and a calculated duration time to get a result > that is a time or date and time format? How can I do this...

Services don't start when server restarts.
The information store and MTA stacks services do not start when server is restarted. How do I fix this problem? Check your Event Veiwer, any errors? What are the associated event id #'s. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Micah Pokorney" <micah@primeadvantage.com> wrote in message news:137f01c3df7d$df537300$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The information store and MTA stacks services do not > start when server is restarted. How do I fix this > problem? ...

Why won't Excel start up without asking for a printer?
My wife can not start Excel on the laptop without selecting a printer. The printer has to be on to work. This laptop is not always used near a printer or a network. Is there a way to disable this "feature"? I think excel needs to know how to render the screen images. It uses the printer driver to show you what you should expect. But I've never seen excel force you to have a printer on--mine is off right now and I have excel open. In fact, all excel needs is the printer driver--it doesn't actually need the physical printer. If your wife starts excel in safe mode, d...

Outlook start fault
I am using office 2000 with Windows 98. Outlook will not start. I receive this message: OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 0177:3a4576ef. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0177 EIP=3a4576ef EFLGS=00010206 EBX=01610d24 SS=017f ESP=0056f27c EBP=0056f2a4 ECX=ffffffff DS=017f ESI=00690100 FS=1c27 EDX=ffffffff ES=017f EDI=016120b4 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8b 10 8d 45 fc 50 8b 03 53 89 55 e8 ff 50 5c 50 Stack dump: 006903a0 00690100 00000005 00000100 3a45794c 00000007 00000100 01611f54 006903a0 3a446578 0056f2c0 3a44a6b9 01610d24 005855e0 006903a0 0056f2dc Any suggestions as...

Money 2002 not starting properly!
I have Money 2002 on my machine that used to work fine. I tried to use it recently and I got this msg: "Money has determined that your system is currently not able to encrypt data at the level Money requires. Money will not connect to a server until your system can support the required level of encryption." This meant I need the 128- bit encryption. The problem is that I DO HAVE THE 128-BIT level of encryption; I have IE 6.0. I would appreciate it if someone knows the answer........Thanks You might want to check for updates for IE6. You might not have the latest and greate...

System Attendant service not starting
Hi, (using Exchange 2003 standard) I've tried to search the net for a solution, without luck. Here's my problem: When I boot my Exchange server, I get the following event errors: Event ID: 7001 Source: Service Control Manager Description: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service depends on the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service which failed to start because of the following error: The operation completed successfully. Event ID: 7001 Source: Service Control Manager Description: The Microsoft Exchange MTA Stacks service depends on the Microsoft Exchange System A...

starting Word with an Excel macro
I found this piece of code that opens Word from within an Excel macro Private Sub Open_word_run_build_directory() Dim oWord As Object Dim oDoc As Object Dim wpath As String wpath = ActiveWorkbook.Path Set oWord = CreateObject("Word.Application") oWord.Visible = True Set oDoc = oWord.Documents.Open(wpath & "\build directory V6.doc") End Sub The Word doc ‘build directory V6.doc’ has a VBA macro in an AutoOpen subroutine that executes when it opens. Everything works fine except Excel closes after executing the above routine. ...

starting excel #2
why when I star microsoft excel I get the "Installing Components for microsoft excel" message. because it is not complete ? "angelsteph1991" <angelsteph1991@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB0BC629-2D98-4AA4-A84D-64F55676D444@microsoft.com... > why when I star microsoft excel I get the "Installing Components for > microsoft excel" message. > ...

Start Task two days after
Hi, I would like to start a task two days after starting another task. Is that possibloe? Thanks! Hi, You can make a task start AT LEAST 2 days after an other task Double-Click on the successor tasks's row (any cell will do) and in the predecessor's column, select the predecessor's name or ID, type= Start to Start, Lag=2d. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "Maanu" <Maanu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Outlook 2K3 hangs trying to start Word as editor
The message "starting microsoft office word 2003 as your email editor" comes up when attempting to reply or forward. I changed the editor for now so the user can send and reply, but this is a short term fix. I ran the repair option and that didn't help either. Any suggestions? "Ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<159501c499bf$b50fc790$a501280a@phx.gbl>... > The message "starting microsoft office word 2003 as your > email editor" comes up when attempting to reply or > forward. I changed the editor fo...

Start up
In WIndows XP I was abble to place a shortcut in C:\Documents and Settings\My Family\Start Menu\Programs\Startup This would allow he program to execute whenever I boot the computer. Where do I put the shortcut in Windows Vista? Thanks -- Shell Shell wrote: > In WIndows XP I was abble to place a shortcut in > C:\Documents and Settings\My Family\Start Menu\Programs\Startup > > This would allow he program to execute whenever I boot the computer. > > Where do I put the shortcut in Windows Vista? Open your Start menu... Find the startup folder in the lis...

How to start the default mail program using Excel VBA?
From Excel (using VBA) I want to click a button and start the default mail program installed on the computer. After this I want to prepopulate the TO line in Outlook Express or Outlook (depending on what's installed on the machine) with a few e-mail addresses (stored in my spreadsheet). Any sample code for this please? Thanks in advance Michalakis Michael michalakis_michael@hotmail.com >From MSDN, a good article, "Different Ways to Take Advantage of the E-mail Features of Excel" located at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odc_xl2003_ta/...

Automatic start up of Outlook 07
I want Oulook to open when I start my computer and run in the background whilst I am working ,but I can't seem to make it work. I have copied the outlook icon and put it in the start up menu...but it wont seem to work. The only think I can do is open it, and then run it with a minimised task bar, instead of just having the small icon running on the right hand side. Any one have any ideas?? OneNightWithTheKing wrote: > I want Oulook to open when I start my computer and run in the background > whilst I am working ,but I can't seem to make it work. I have copied...

Having trouble keeping step numbers on same page as screen shots
I am writing some software documentation and using screen captures to illustrate the steps I'm explaining. Often the page wrapping frustrates me in Word and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. For example, I'll have something sort of like this. 1. Click this button. 2. Select this option. <Screen capture (PNG, JPG, etc.) goes here> 3. Click OK. There's plenty of room for Step 3 on the page, but for some reason, Word wraps it to the next page. Or it wraps the graphic to the next page, when there's plenty of room for it to stay on the page w...

DPM SRT: VSSEvent cannot be started. [0x80029c4a]
Hi! I'm having trouble with DPM SRT on one of the servers. After running Create Recovery Point on this server from DPM System Recovery Tool there is Fail notification almost immediately, the description for error in the console is "Recovery Point generation failed because it was not possible to snapshot the system". On the affected server (Windows Server 2003 R2 STD SP2 x64) there are three entries in the event log: --- Source: VSS Event ID: 11 Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {faf53cc4-bd73-4e36-83f1-2b23f46e513e} and nam...

starting outook on notebook computer
In my office I will connect directly to a network server with outlook. When I travel, I want to use outlook to connect to web access. I want Outlook 2003 to open web access instead of the old outlook. Is this possible? No, Outlook Web Access is being viewed in Internet Explorer. Just creates 2 shortcuts; 1 to Outlook and one to the URL for your Web Access -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "zifferian" <zifferian@discussions.microsoft....