Starting new year with money 2004 or 2005

Using Money 2004, my file has grown to over 50mb is size.  Tired of slow
response with money.  Is there a way to start a new year, say 2005, and
import just my accounts.  I don't need the balances as I can imput them
myself.

Also is there a way to turn off the cash flow forecast graph that appears on
the bottom of each account.  Whenver I change accounts it takes forever for
the forecasting to be complete.  It's bad enough on my desktop computer
which is a 2ghz machine, but completely unbearable on my old notebook which
chugs along at 600mhz. (I know, I know, get a new notebook)

Thanks,

Mike
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote:

>Using Money 2004, my file has grown to over 50mb is size.  Tired of slow
>response with money.  Is there a way to start a new year, say 2005, and
>import just my accounts.  I don't need the balances as I can imput them
>myself.

The "archive" function does not normally make much difference in
size. While it removes non-investment transactions before a date, it
does not prune the stored quotes, which is probably the biggest
cause of the size.

There is no single answer.

A really neat way to find prior postings in this group is to use the
Google Usenet Groups archive.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search enter words that you
think would be in relevant posts into the "all of the words" box.
Enter microsoft.public.money into the newsgroup box. Consider
selecting Sort By Date.

>Also is there a way to turn off the cash flow forecast graph that appears on
>the bottom of each account.  Whenver I change accounts it takes forever for
>the forecasting to be complete.  It's bad enough on my desktop computer
>which is a 2ghz machine, but completely unbearable on my old notebook which
>chugs along at 600mhz. (I know, I know, get a new notebook)

See Tools->Options->Feedback->(PersonalizedFeedback)Options

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/14/2005 12:21:35 AM
My Money 2004 was painfully slow on my 900mhz machine until I found an
article that changed everything. It was out on either MSN or TechNet (or a
google search for slow) - can't remember exaclty. It had me change alot of
settings in options, but the two that I remember were telling it not to use a
passport at sign-in and turning off the cash flow charts.

Turn off Money Express:
Go to Tools -> Options -> Bills and Depsits
Uncheck display charts using patterns:
Go to Tools -> Options -> General, checkbox
Remove the cashflow chart from homepage:
Go to Tools -> Options -> Feedback -> Home Page Customization -> Customize
-> remove cashflow forecast

It also had me uncheck many other things that are not essential.

What it did for me was reduce the time it takes to Accept a transaction and
move to the next from about 12 seconds down to instantanious! It is well
worth doing without the extras for me.

"Mike" wrote:

> Using Money 2004, my file has grown to over 50mb is size.  Tired of slow
> response with money.  Is there a way to start a new year, say 2005, and
> import just my accounts.  I don't need the balances as I can imput them
> myself.
>
> Also is there a way to turn off the cash flow forecast graph that appears on
> the bottom of each account.  Whenver I change accounts it takes forever for
> the forecasting to be complete.  It's bad enough on my desktop computer
> which is a 2ghz machine, but completely unbearable on my old notebook which
> chugs along at 600mhz. (I know, I know, get a new notebook)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

0
RoyzToyz (1)
1/14/2005 5:09:03 AM
Thanks for the response.  I have done the search and that is where I found
that the archive function was just about useless.  I did it anyway and the
size stayed the same and I couldn't find where it removed any transactions.
I was able to find personal checking transactions form back in the late
80's.  I was hoping to have all these archived.  The only thing is did was
to change all the balances in my accounts to some outrageeous amount.  My
checking acct went from having $6,000 in it to being overdrawn by $100,000.
A credit card acct did the same.  I figured something went drastically
wrong, so I used a backed up acct and tried it again, same result.

That's why I thought about starting a new year with just the balances and if
I wanted any info from past years just open that acct.

Thanks,

Mike
Will give it a try, thanks.  If it works than I won't have to start over
with a new year and balances.

Mike
0
mkahmann (3)

Money 2005 Crash and Unusable Myisam05.dll
My Money Deluxe 2005 cannot open my file, nor can it open any of the 3 backups. The crash references "Myisam05.dll." I read the KB and the one post I found here, but I do not use investment toolbox. I cannot get to MS support, because I cannot even open Money for more than a few seconds before it crashes. I did try the Money 2006 Trial and it was able to open the file without an issue. However, I cannot figure out why 2005 no longer works. One other observationis that the current files have balooned in size, whereas the old, outdated backups and new 2006 backup are simil...

Update MSN Services with Money 2007
How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 Deluxe version ??? Thank you. Bye. Paolo B. Italy In microsoft.public.money, Paolo B. wrote: >How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 >Deluxe version ??? Transactions that you enter yourself into Microsoft Money 2007 would not be forwarded out to MSN Money. This keeps that info on your own computer. For institutions with their own OFX servers, you would have to set up those accounts to download into MSN Money also. Accounts where the data comes in via "third party" ...

2004 trial, how do I get rid of it?
My trial is over, and I want my Money 2002 back. Does anyone know how I can do that? The easiest way is to use control panel->add/remove programs to remove the 2004 trial pieces (there are two programs to uninstall). Then reinstall 2002 and use the backup file created when you first installed Money 2004 - it'll be named something like My Money.M10. Any transactions entered in the trial which you want to keep will need to be re-entered into the 2002 version, as you can't downgrade a file from 2004 to 2002. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.co...

Slow outlook after new server
Hi I have recently replaced a very slow sbs server with a super dooper dell sbs server. I exported the outlook stuff into pst files before disconnecting the old server and then imported the pst files back into outlook after connecting the new server. The problem is clients are complaining of slow outlook response specially on one particular pc. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards That depends on the definition of 'slow response'. If you want faster delivery of email internally (like, if 30 seconds is too slow), then turn off cached mode in Outlook. If...

Upgrading
I want to upgrade from Microsoft Money Financial Suite OEM Edition Version 11.0 to latest version but on trying to open the money file in Microsoft Money 2007 I get the following error message: File was created by an incompatible version Question 1: As the old version was pre-loaded into the Computer when I bought it in India, I don't know which country US/Canada/UK/Australia this software belongs to. So how can I confirm which country is it for? Question 2: And, how can I upgrade it to a version of Money from US or UK. -- Kapil ...

New to Mail Merge
So I am checking to see if I can merge a list of names(roughly 450) into a template in Publisher that will be used a name plate of sorts. I also want to include years of services in the template, i.e. John Smith 12 years of service. Is this possible and what is the easiest route? Yes it is very possible in Publisher. There is a lot of help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx If you decide to use Publisher there is a registry fix that will be beneficial. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/registryfix -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvp...

Can't open Money 2002
Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. When I tried to open it, a window popped up (maybe showing a registry or something) for about 1 second, then... nothing. I even did a reinstall and at the end of the installation when Money is supposed to open, the same weird window popped up and then again... nothing. I have Norton antivirus with automatic updates. All other programs seem to be working fine. Any suggestions from all you experts out there? Thanks. Byron In microsoft.public.money, Byron wrote: >Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. >When ...

O2003 New Toolbars Saved Where?
I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" file and I can see my data (e.g. views) so I know its using the correct "outcmd.dat" file. However two custom toolbars I created are not shown nor are they in the customized toolbar list. Are custom toolbars saved in a different location? Thanks Shawn On Jul 24, 6:22=A0pm, srm <s...@primatech.com> wrote: > I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 > and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" ...

Error 1606 Money Service Pack 2002
I have tried all of the suggested fixes that I've seen on these boards for the error 1606. I now have no money program, I can not reinstall the money program and the error still pops up in my Turbo Tax and it is driving me crazy! I can not delete the service pack from the add or remove programs applet. I would very much like to finish the taxes before the 15Th. Does someone know what is going on? I've deleted registry keys, done clean boots, tried to eliminate every vestige of the program that can be found yet, when I try to reinstall from the disk, I'm stymied by Error...

Setting Outlook settings to new server
We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:15:01 -0800, Rich <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility >or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange >server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. If you are moving the mailboxes in the same org vi...

Backup Money 2007 to DVD
I can backup Money 2007 H&B via CD using C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\MY Money Backup but I want to backup with DVD. How do I do this?????? When exited from Money, use your favorite burning software and burn a DVD from the file? "Chris109" <Chris109@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64AEF5D0-105A-4392-BA6D-369A7F31FEF8@microsoft.com... >I can backup Money 2007 H&B via CD using C:\Documents and > Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\MY > Money > Backup...

How to add new entity?
Hi. I'm now researching the customization abilities of MS CRM 1.2. So I have a small task, which I'm not able to accomplish with SDK. The main question is how to add additional entity to CRM? I need to add entity "Pets", and dictionary "PetTypes". Pets should be linked with Contacts (1:M). Pets should have 3 attributes: - Name (string of 150 chars), - Type (value from PetTypes dictionary), - Description (string of 1000 chars) PetTypes should have 3 entries: "Cat", "Dog" and "Parrot" I expect that i...

Converting Money 2000 Canadian to Money 2006 Canadian
Hi, Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don't want to drop the money on it to find out it doesn't work. Thanks in advance, In microsoft.public.money, smurfgun wrote: > >Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to >convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 >Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don'...

Error creating new task
Error .. "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not vaild" ...

New message opens up behind outlook window
Everytime I click new in my inbox to open a new message, the new message pops up behind the main oulook window. does anyone know how to make this stop? ...

A first look at the new Office Snapin for MSCRM
http://blogs.msdn.com/jstraumann -- John [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of any included script or code samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. ...

[ANN] "Bend Word to your Will" -- April 2005 edition free download
Dear all, THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS ABOUT A *NON-COMMERCIAL* RESOURCE BASED IN PART ON ACCUMULATED ADVICE FROM THIS NEWSGROUP The latest version of my notes on Word -- titled "Bend Word to Your Will" -- is now available for downloading from the Word MVPs' site, http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/WordMac/Bend/BendWord.htm WHAT IS "BEND WORD TO YOUR WILL"? "Bend Word to Your Will" is not a commercial product for sale -- it's free. It's a dictionary-style (mainly) set of notes on Word that I've been continually adding to and polishing for the past four year...

New Static IP
SBS2003R2 We'll be moving our office this coming weekend. We will be getting a new static IP from our ISP (I tried to get them to let us keep our existing one but they said that would take "an act of God"). Our mail is delivered to our server after being filtered for spam by McAfee. Our server is configured to only allow mail from McAfee's range of IP address and an internal IP for a "scan to email" device. In an effort to make this move as smooth as possible I'll be calling McAfee in advance of this move and setting up a "ticket number"...

How to copy aQuery to a new Table?
I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. After two months or so I like, after some new data input, to save the Table into a new Object Table. What is the best way for the Report and Query to follow the new Table whitout recreating the original Report & Query? Thankyou for your comments. I use MS Office Access 2007. Joe T >>I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. Your phrasing is wrong when it comes to the elements of an Access database. A dat...

"could not fetch new headers " ERROR
i get the error " could not fetch new headers in the inbox of IMA server.The operation was cancelled ", while using my outlook 2000 o win98se mach. config: smtp/imap thro internet mail a/c option pl try to provide solutions to it. the error message pops up say every 5 min whenever outlook is on. thnks n regards gir ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com aggiridharan <aggiridharan.149yy0@outlookforum.com> wrote: > i get the error " coul...

Middle mouse button does not always open in new tab anymore
Hi! I am experiencing the problem that when I click with the middle mouse button on a link (for example google search results) it does not always open it in a new tab anymore. In about 20% of the cases it takes over the current tab instead. The same problem is explained here in german: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.de.internetexplorer&tid=cd463718-8df6-4ee4-9e8a-9ee527837f83&cat=&lang=de&cr=DE&sloc=&p=1 But since there was no answer found so far I decided to take it to the next level (english c...

ebay - ereseller stook my money
a terrible thing happenned to me on ebay. i am a disabled woman in and eresellers took my money and never sent my washer. his email address is david@tropivision.com. anything that you can do to help would be nice. ebay is doing nothing. i can give a reward This group is for discussing the Microsoft Money computer program. Does it really sound like an eBay buyer complaint forum? Do a google search on ebay and you will find a couple of groups, one of which may reply to your problem. That ebay seller has been selling on ebay for over 5 years. arthur -- On 1 Jun 2004 13:50:08 -0700, (An...