Starting new year with money 2004 or 2005

Using Money 2004, my file has grown to over 50mb is size.  Tired of slow
response with money.  Is there a way to start a new year, say 2005, and
import just my accounts.  I don't need the balances as I can imput them
myself.

Also is there a way to turn off the cash flow forecast graph that appears on
the bottom of each account.  Whenver I change accounts it takes forever for
the forecasting to be complete.  It's bad enough on my desktop computer
which is a 2ghz machine, but completely unbearable on my old notebook which
chugs along at 600mhz. (I know, I know, get a new notebook)

Thanks,

Mike
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote:

>Using Money 2004, my file has grown to over 50mb is size.  Tired of slow
>response with money.  Is there a way to start a new year, say 2005, and
>import just my accounts.  I don't need the balances as I can imput them
>myself.

The "archive" function does not normally make much difference in
size. While it removes non-investment transactions before a date, it
does not prune the stored quotes, which is probably the biggest
cause of the size.

There is no single answer.

A really neat way to find prior postings in this group is to use the
Google Usenet Groups archive.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search enter words that you
think would be in relevant posts into the "all of the words" box.
Enter microsoft.public.money into the newsgroup box. Consider
selecting Sort By Date.

>Also is there a way to turn off the cash flow forecast graph that appears on
>the bottom of each account.  Whenver I change accounts it takes forever for
>the forecasting to be complete.  It's bad enough on my desktop computer
>which is a 2ghz machine, but completely unbearable on my old notebook which
>chugs along at 600mhz. (I know, I know, get a new notebook)

See Tools->Options->Feedback->(PersonalizedFeedback)Options

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/14/2005 12:21:35 AM
My Money 2004 was painfully slow on my 900mhz machine until I found an
article that changed everything. It was out on either MSN or TechNet (or a
google search for slow) - can't remember exaclty. It had me change alot of
settings in options, but the two that I remember were telling it not to use a
passport at sign-in and turning off the cash flow charts.

Turn off Money Express:
Go to Tools -> Options -> Bills and Depsits
Uncheck display charts using patterns:
Go to Tools -> Options -> General, checkbox
Remove the cashflow chart from homepage:
Go to Tools -> Options -> Feedback -> Home Page Customization -> Customize
-> remove cashflow forecast

It also had me uncheck many other things that are not essential.

What it did for me was reduce the time it takes to Accept a transaction and
move to the next from about 12 seconds down to instantanious! It is well
worth doing without the extras for me.

"Mike" wrote:

> Using Money 2004, my file has grown to over 50mb is size.  Tired of slow
> response with money.  Is there a way to start a new year, say 2005, and
> import just my accounts.  I don't need the balances as I can imput them
> myself.
>
> Also is there a way to turn off the cash flow forecast graph that appears on
> the bottom of each account.  Whenver I change accounts it takes forever for
> the forecasting to be complete.  It's bad enough on my desktop computer
> which is a 2ghz machine, but completely unbearable on my old notebook which
> chugs along at 600mhz. (I know, I know, get a new notebook)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

0
RoyzToyz (1)
1/14/2005 5:09:03 AM
Thanks for the response.  I have done the search and that is where I found
that the archive function was just about useless.  I did it anyway and the
size stayed the same and I couldn't find where it removed any transactions.
I was able to find personal checking transactions form back in the late
80's.  I was hoping to have all these archived.  The only thing is did was
to change all the balances in my accounts to some outrageeous amount.  My
checking acct went from having $6,000 in it to being overdrawn by $100,000.
A credit card acct did the same.  I figured something went drastically
wrong, so I used a backed up acct and tried it again, same result.

That's why I thought about starting a new year with just the balances and if
I wanted any info from past years just open that acct.

Thanks,

Mike
Will give it a try, thanks.  If it works than I won't have to start over
with a new year and balances.

Mike
0
mkahmann (3)

Can't Create New Message Outlook 2000
I have a Windows 98 computer running Office 2000 Small Business Edition. Yesterday, mysteriously, it began misbehaving. When clicking on "New" to create a new mail message, you get an hour glass and then a "not responding." When clicking on other shortcuts other weird things happen, i.e. when you click on Tasks it goes to Notes, when you click on Calendar it crashes, when you click on Contacts, it goes to calendar. We have uninstalled Office and gone through the KB article 252566 to manually remove leftover files, but when we reinstall, the same thing happens. ...

New S/MIME website
SMIME.org was created to promote email encryption usage, by providing help and references to email encryption products and standards. Although S/MIME standard is supported by most of the email clients, it is not widely used. The supplied information in SMIME.org will help all kind of users, from end-users to developers, to easily use and integrate S/MIME. http://www.smime.org ...

Money 2005 Info Link
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/consumer/money05-materials.asp When you spotted this, were the reviewer's guide and the fact sheet there? Just now, they 404'd. "Derek" <derekb@nospamderekb.com> wrote in message news:%23iSJP5yhEHA.1568@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/consumer/money05-materials.asp > > No, the links to the fact sheet and reviewers guide don't work yet. I like the look of M05 interface. "Derek" <derekb@nospamderekb.com> wrote in message news:%23iSJP5yhEHA.1568@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... &...

Money will not send reports to Desktop or e-mail
Money will not send a created report to the desk top or to e-mail when using the send to function. It just dies no error or other message. Any ideas? ...

Metavante (M&I) abandons billpaying in MS Money
I have been using Metavante for billing paying in MS Money 2000. They just sent out a letter notifying users that they are terminating their MS Money services as of the end of July 2003. What other options work with Money 2000? Any preferences? ...

File | Manage Your Password (Money 2005)
This is one of the lamest dialogs ever... if you have a Passport Account linked to your file, this dialog gives you two options to "Manage Your Password"... "Change" and "Remove" - Both give you the exact same instructions and tell you to go somewhere else. This is the least useful "Password Management Dialog" I have ever seen. :-( ...

"Sudden" new password for longtime money user?! Please help!
Hey all ... I have a friend who has been using money for quite some time. At last check, I notice they have money 2004 installed but have been using some "web" version of Money ... it runs in the browser. Now, when he tries to open his old money backups he gets prompted for a password he claims he did not set (the password he used to use no longer works). After doing some more research (and using Money 2006 trial) it seems the locked up backups have been converted or are otherwise now in 2005/2006 format. When I try to open with 2006 I get prompted for both username/password and a ...

cannot forward new items to an external email address
hi there i created a public folder and in the "Moderated Floder" option i used "forward new items" to an external email address (instead of the internal email address for the company), e.g., gmail or yahoo. However, i never received any messages. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated! On 6 Dec 2006 14:16:22 -0800, lei.guang@gmail.com wrote: >hi there > i created a public folder and in the "Moderated Floder" option i used >"forward new items" to an external email address (instead of the >internal email address for the company), e....

MS Money 2007 and Netbenefits
I created a new account in MS Money 2007 and inputed the correct account info. I selected Fidelity NetBenefits and then put in log in information. It went out and verified things and then brought me to the Portfolio Manager where I should be able to see the various funds, etc in my 401k. However I can't. There are no funds listed and the value is at zero. If I click update, it goes thru the motion but nothing is brought in. Help please. Thanks in advance. Todd Do you see your data if you go to the Fidelity website? -- Michael Gordon "Todd Hudson" <tatung70@hotm...

Multiple IMAP accounts, new twist
I have seen numerous postings on this group about how Outlook 2003 doesn't manage multiple accounts properly, not running rules, sending from the wrong account, etc. I am experiencing this plus I noticed a new twist which I haven't seen posted. I have three IMAP accounts on the same exchange server that I am trying to access through Outlook. I noticed that the mail was being delivered to all three account inboxes simultaneously. So I looked at the server under current connections in the exchange administrator and noticed that my workstation was connected three separate times with t...

Anyone using US Bank or Bank One & MS Money?
I want to get full-blown, two-way OCX, "work directly with my accounts" MS Money support from a bank. According to the MS Money website, both US Bank and Bank One provide this two-way level of support. According to both bank's websites, they do not -- they only let you download & import your data into Money. The online service reps for both banks can't seem to understand my question or give me a straight answer. So I'm hoping actual Money users here may have some experience with both banks & can tell me. Thanks! Not of much help since I deleted my Bank One...

copying info from old .pst file to a new one?
Hello all! Perhaps a stupid question, but cannot find a reply. I have an Outlook 2003 and all my information (mails, calendar, contacts, etc.) are stored in Personal Folders.pst file. This very file was created a long time ago in Outlook 97 and it remains the Outlook 97-2000 type. Now the size of the file is too big, while archiving cannot really help as I need to have all time immedite access to the data within the last 2 years. I understand that converting the old .pst file to a new version , Outlook 2003 .pst may help.So I created a new file, made it default for my e-mail accounts, but I...

Reinstalled Money on new computer. Says file is corrupted / invali
I have a new computer, running Vista. I installed Money 2005 using my origional disk. I knew that the version on the CD could not open my mny file, so I created a temporary mny file, and the program went out and updated itself to version 14.0.120.1105. However it still will not open my origional mny file, it says the file is corrupted or not an mny file. When I try to run repair, it says that the database is invalid. Did it somehow fail to update me to a high enough version? I have looked everywhere I can think of for patches and updates. None of the patches at (http://money.mvps.org/do...

ISA 2004 in the DMZ;is it OK if put the OWA in the same subnet where mailbox servers+connectors are ?
ISA 2004 will be setup in the DMZ to 'protect' the front-end servers. Currently my OWA+Mailbox+Connectors are all in one subnet, in the 'internal' network. Is it recommended that I put the OWA in a separate subnet and leave the mailbox+connectors on another subnet, or it doesn't matter leave them in the same subnet ? "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brownj@hotmail.com> wrote: >ISA 2004 will be setup in the DMZ to 'protect' the front-end servers. > >Currently my OWA+Mailbox+Connectors are all in one subnet, in the 'internal' >netw...

$50 Credit with ING for Money 2005 Users
Was pleasantly surprised to see that ING was offering $50 for 2005 users who set up a new account at ING. I went to the special website to do this and typed in the serial number for my copy of 2005 as requested, but got a response that the number I entered was invalid or already in use. This copy was out-of-the box (sealed) and purchased from Office Max, so not sure why I am getting this message (yes, did quadruple check the serial number-I did input it properly). Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any ideas? call ING. "Scott in O Town" <Scott in O Town@disc...

Subfolder and new mail notification
Surely there is a setting for a notification on main folder when a subfolder have unread mail.? If I understand you correctly, the best you could do is include some sort of notification in the rule that moves the message from Inbox to subfolder. "Roger Helgesen" <Roger Helgesen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAF0BE6E-27F9-45F4-8EB1-293865F800BD@microsoft.com... > Surely there is a setting for a notification on main folder when a > subfolder > have unread mail.? "Roger Helgesen" <Roger Helgesen@discussions.microsoft.com...

Error opening new messages in Outlook 2000
Running Windows 2000 Pro SP4 with Outlook 2000 SR-1a (didn't go to SR2 due to Outlook Security restrictions) and Kaspersky Internet Security ver. 6.0 with Spam disabled and having no issues until this morning. When I try to open a new email in my Inbox it tells me that Outlook has encountered an error and is closing. This error doesn't occur with all messages and I can find no pattern in the messages that do cause the error. I have noticed on the messages that cause the error that their content is empty in the Preview Pane. Any message opened in a folder other than the Inbox are...

How to have formulas and formats auto copy to new inserted rows
I am looking for a way to have formulas and cell formats from preceeding rows automatically entered into inserted rows. I have the Extend formats and formulas option checked but it is not working????? The following MSKB article explains how Auto Extend works, and some of the reasons that it may not work: XL2000: How Auto Extend List Behavior Works http://support.microsoft.com/?id=231002 DippyDawg wrote: > I am looking for a way to have formulas and cell formats from preceeding rows > automatically entered into inserted rows. I have the Extend formats and > formulas op...

crystal aps not starting
While rebuilding the crystal database seems to have resolved any crystal aps errors in the past we now have two implementations where the crystal aps service will not start. We know there is a document going through a number of resolutions but none of these seem to allow us to start the crystal aps service. We are hoping someone might have a new trick for starting the crystal aps service. ------=_NextPart_0001_5C630F14 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Brett, Thanks a lot for the post. Have you recently applied Service Pack 1 for Windows 2003? Sometimes this wi...

New Smartlists from SLBuilder only work for me the builder
I have recently installed Smartlist Builder on several user's PC's and have created both new Smartlists & Excel Reports. The Excel Reports that have been deployed work fine for users with access. The Smartlists I have created (along with the downloaded from MS one's) are "visible to the user but no results are returned". So far I have given the users increasing security rights to be able to access the lists. I can log into their machines & run the reports as "sa" and my user id, they don't run under theirs even though they see the l...

Exchange Event Service will not start
I am running Windows Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange Server 2003 and when I try to start the Exchange Event Service, I get immediately get a message that says "The Microsoft Exchange Event service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service." and when I check my Application event log I have an error event id 5 from MSExchangeES that reads "An unexpected MAPI error occurred. Error returned was [0x80040154]." Anybody have any ideas? I can'...

Year to Date Hours
I would like to add Year to Date Hours column on the pay stub. I found the table that has year to date amounts but not hours. The stub prints current period hours worked but does not print year to date hours. Thanks Sunil, I am not sure you can do this via conventional Report Writer techniques. You will probably have to perform a summarization from the Payroll Transaction History (UPR30300) -- I suggest you create a SQL view for this -- then use VBA to retrieve the summarized value from the SQL view. You can take a look at some of the samples provided by David Musgrave on ADO with ...

moving crm to new domain 01-09-04
Our client has been using 1.1 on small business server 2000 in a 'lab' environment with one user license. they now are ready to install crm on their new sbs 2003 domain controller, different active directories, etc. of course. since this techknowledge ID 30438 confirms that you can't do it by just moving the databases, i suppose the only way is by an export and then an import? the data that they have in the system today when it is moved will still need to only be owned by one user. new data will be added after they move the current data and then add more licenses. If you have b...

Sample data wizard not starting up 02-26-07
I have successfully installed CRM 3.0 on a W2003 SP1 box with SQL2000 SP4. When I try to run the sample data wizard nothing happens but this line is added to the logfile: Sample Data Wizard started at 2/25/2007 3:02:41 PM Error occurred while trying to retrieve the users from the Active Directory Domain - 2/25/2007 3:02:48 PM The type initializer for "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.ChooseUserForm" threw an exception. - 2/25/2007 3:02:48 PM Sample Data Wizard completed at - 2/25/2007 3:02:48 PM Does anybody have any idea what might cause this, the wizard has wor...

Money 2004 #48
After downloading statements, money not only doesn't show the transactions, but immediately shuts the application down. I have recently upgraded and am extremely frustrated. In microsoft.public.money, Maryellen wrote: >After downloading statements, money not only doesn't show >the transactions, but immediately shuts the application >down. I have recently upgraded and am extremely >frustrated. While I don't know that this will help, it is worth a try. In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Re...