Stamp Duty, calculator refund

E Stamp duty is owned and operated by We Share home loans a refund
home loan referral service. Up to $2500 in cash back refunds on your
home loan for applying directly with your bank.http://
www.estampduty.com.au/
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Tax refunds/Stimulus packages
How are you accounting for tax refunds and/or the stimulus packages? Michael wrote: > How are you accounting for tax refunds and/or the stimulus packages? I categorize my annual tax payment/refund as "Taxes : Federal Income Tax", dated December 31st of the appropriate tax year, in a cash account set aside for that purpose. When I make my payment or receive my refund, it's a transfer from checking to/from that account. I read about that years ago in the Unofficial M.P.Money FAQ: http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=12#Q102 As for stimulus payments, I've generally coun...

Spreadsheet calculation problem
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Two of the sheets each have a different VBA function in several Cells. When I switch between the sheets, the values returned by the function are gone and a "Calculate" has to be done. I have Application.Volatile turned on, otherwise I have PF9 everytime. How can I preserve the value when I switch between sheets? Thank you.... "Bruce A. Julseth" <bruceaj_nospam@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:uD3xvUrcKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Two of the sheets each ...

Date-Time Calculations
I need to create a little spreadsheet to calculate dates for drug tests. The two inputs are (1) the date & time when the test was taken and (2) the time period that the test covers. The output is the date when the test coverage starts. That's simple except that the units vary. Some tests are good for hours and others for days. One test can detect alcohol usage for 80 hours. Another can detect drug use for 90 days. If the test duration units are hours, something like this will work: A B C D E 1 7/08/08 9:15 am Timesta...

Calculate % from list of scores or ratings
I have eight responses to an evaluation that scored experience from 0 (worst) to 10 (best). From the results posted below, I need to compute % of responses received for each 0 -10 score received. I also need to compute one overall combined % for the evaluations received. Rating Score # of Responses 0 0 1 0 2 0 3 1 4 2 5 0 6 ...

Calculate very slow
I have my calculate set to automatic and calculations are getting done automatically, but at a very slow rate. The word calculate is constantly on, on the status/task bar at the bottom of the screen and when you enter a number or delete it, the 'Ready' changes to 'Calculating cells: ??%' and this is when it is now going slow. Any ideas..?? Look here: http://decisionmodels.com/calcsecrets.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Rayasiom" <Rayasiom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1AF7DB1-7DE0-4412-B739-62317333273B@micros...

Calculating the number of months
I have a column for start date and end date. I would like a formular that tells me how many months it is including the start month and end month. ex. Start date: 11/1/2009 end date: 4/1/2010 this would be 6 months if you include November and April. Thanks in advance hi assuming that start date is in A1 and end date is in b1.... =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"m")+1 regards FSt1 "Philangr8" wrote: > I have a column for start date and end date. I would like a formular that > tells me how many months it is including the start month and end month. > > e...

Find formula not calculating?
Hi All I'm using Excel 2007 on Windows Vista. I have a decription in column I like "S/back 2.0 TDI SE DSG " and in column Q I have the formula FIND("DSG",$I2). Looks simple enough to me but it isnt bringing the result I want! Just an #VALUE! error value. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? In column R I have FIND("multi",$I2) and thats working fine!! Many Thanks! Adam If your description is accurate (i.e., that $I2 contains "S/back 2.0 TDI SE DSG "), then your formula in column R (FIND("multi",$I2) should return #VALUE!, so ar...

Calculate #2
Calculate never goes away in the Status Bar. I have a rather small workbook in which I've deleted all links to try and reduce the number of calculations. Each time I hit F9 or Ctrl-Alt-F9 the Status bar flashes 6% and then still Calculate. Any ideas? Thanks, Adam http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=243495 XL: Calculate Message Remains in Status Bar If 65,536 Formula References AdamMCW wrote: > > Calculate never goes away in the Status Bar. I have a rather small workbook > in which I've deleted all links to try and reduce the number of calculations. > ...

Showing + and
Hello Everyone I have 3 number fields, all currency in a form. I have Budget Amount, Estimate Amount and Difference. What I would like to do is to make the Difference work automatically, I know you would normally do the is the control source part of the field but what I need is for it to also display a + or - in front of the answer so for example. .. Budget £200 Estimate £220 Difference will show +£20 Budget £400 Estimate £250 Difference will show -£150 Can anyone help as to what the code would be for this? Thank You !! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.c...

Subtotal a calculated field in a pivot table
I'm creating a pivot table listing Accounts Receivable transactions by customer. It includes both payments and invoices in the results. Unfortunately both payments and invoices are listed as positive numbers, so I can't just subtotal the "amount" column. I've created a formula field in the pivot called "calcamt" that contains an if statement. The if statement examines the transaction type code and if it indicates a payment, multiplies the amount column by -1. Otherwise it just returns the amount column as a positive number. When I drag the calcamt field int...

Problem Calculating SUms in Tabular Reports
I have created a couple reports from Crosstab queries and when I go to sum up the columns I seem to get the number of rows as the amount every time. For example: My columns labeled 1 through 10 and there are 10 rows. I use the following command: =sum(1) then =sum(2) etc. I then get the following results: 10, 20, 30, as the totals of each column. Access seems to be summing the number of rows and adding the previous sum. Any ideas? Grant No guarantee, but the first thing I would try would be to make sure taht Access is recognizes that you are referring to fields. =Sum([1]) =Sum([2]) -- ...

Reducing repetitive calculation not working
A B C 1 Fruit Qty =INDEX($1:$1048576,2,2):INDEX($1:$1048576,4,2) 2 Apple 1 3 Orange 2 4 Apple 3 Why does =SUMIF(A2:A4,"Apple",B2:B4) return the correct value ... .... while =SUMIF(A2:A4,"Apple",C1) returns a #VALUE error ? The reason I'm not including the formula in C1 as the sum_range in the SUMIF formula is to reduce the number of duplicate calculations (100,000+). I tried creating a name with the formula in C1 and using the name in the SUMIF formula as the sum_range and that works. But since the sum_range changes, I would have to use the OFFSET function to inc...

categorizing a tax refund
Hi Everyone, I'm running Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe Version 12.0 Update 1. I'd like to know how to properly categorize my annual payroll tax refund. I'm guessing it should be entered as I would any regular payment deducted from my wages, but as a negative number. However I'm not sure how this would affect Money's tracking of amounts within the tax year, or if this really matters. I'll appreciate any light shed on this subject. Thanks, ........................Dave "Dave" <p_sellars@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OAaeBhBEGHA.2704@TK2MSFTNG...

Calculating hours worked in a day
I'm trying to create a time sheet for employees to enter their daily time. I want them to put in the time they came in (ex. 7:50 AM), and the time they went home (5:15 PM). I want a to be able to calculate the number of hours worked. In this case it would be 9.42 hours. How would I be able to do that? Thanks, Jasper Bonjour, *Jaz* the time they came in in E6 (19:50) format, hh:mm the time they went home in F6 (5:15) format, hh:mm =MOD(F6-E6;1)/"1:" Format, standard gives 9.42 -- Bien amicordialement, P. Bastard > I'm trying to create a time sheet for employ...

Ytd Calculation In Pivot #3
For some reason that I do not know I could not read threads but now I a back. I would like to thank you for your answer but I think that I confuse you somehow. What I actually try to present are the weekly sales of my compan stores (about 100 stores) and number of customers for each shop, i contrast with the previous year (2004 vs 2003) for every week and als YTD for the current week (also 2004 vs 2003) for comparable shops. I tried to do a pivot, with the following format: Column A shops, column B 2004 sales for the running week, column C 200 sales for the running week, column D ytd sale...

How do i calculate fiscal week of the year
Hi, I would like to know how to calculate fiscal week of the year. for example, the first week of the year is started from Feb 1, 2005 instead of Jan. =INT((A1-DATE(2005,2,1))/7)+(WEEKDAY(A1)<7) -- HTH Bob Phillips <evlai@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1127314586.929249.152250@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I would like to know how to calculate fiscal week of the year. for > example, the first week of the year is started from Feb 1, 2005 instead > of Jan. > Thanks Bob, i really appreciate it, i will try to see of this works for my file T...

calculating time 03-25-10
Hi, I have to calculate the following Employee job in must be 9:00 am, but employee arrived 8.53 am. Which formula must I use to calculate the 7 min ? Hi, take a look at CPearson web has everything related to timesheet http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm "Xavie" wrote: > Hi, > > I have to calculate the following > Employee job in must be 9:00 am, but employee arrived 8.53 am. > Which formula must I use to calculate the 7 min ? Hi, Start time in A1 and arrival time in b1 =A1-B1 But this will fail if an employee is late so it'...

PivotTable: Customized Calculations
I have salary data in an EXCEL spreadsheet (each row contains the salary for one individual). I wish to construct a PivotTable that counts the number of individuals in each of several salary intervals that I would specify ($0 - $19,999; $20,000 - $29,000, etc.) How do I do this? I believe that reporting on such customized calculations are possible, but I can't find any explicit guidance. Thanks for your help. You could add a column to the data table, and calculate the salary groupings there. Create a lookup table with the categories, e.g.: 0 $0-$19,999 20000 $20-$29...

Trying to calculate a time sheet formula
Hello I am trying to create a spread sheet that the user can put in there time and it will total the total hours owed then what is regular , overtime and double time. I have been able to put in the start time of 7:00 am and Finish 4:30 pm less lunch. I have the total hours but I can't figure out how to get the total hours to be pull into the cell as regular which is 8 hours or less and anything over 8 hours but less than 12 and anything over 12. If anyone has an idea has to what I can do I would greatly appreciate your help Thanks adc Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/over...

how do i set up automatically calculate or run expressions
im trying to program something and im trying to create expression on form but it wont do it... i always have to go to properties then exit before the expressions i made take effect...any body can help me On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 18:03:01 -0800, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >im trying to program something and im trying to create expression on form but >it wont do it... i always have to go to properties then exit before the >expressions i made take effect...any body can help me Not unless you tell us what you...

Calculating Date difference in 2 ways
Hi, If in cell A1 I write -- = today() - date(2004,12,31) then the answer I get is a number ( let's say 14 or 15) But if in cell B1 If i write -- = C1 - D1 where C1 -- = Today() and D1 -- = date(2004,12,31), the answer I get is in date format (in excel's 1900 base year) Why is there a diference in formatting of results between the above 2 approaches. Regards, Hari India Hi Jim and Aladin, I have not written my initial query properly. My doubt is that inspite of the same formulas and with both A1 and B1 having no previous formating, what causes excel to interpret these 2 approac...

Calculating US Payroll
I am trying to run a payroll but after building and removing the build several times, I am getting an error when I try to calculate "Checks cannot be caluclated errors were found when building the checks" I have tried to delete and use new transactions and batches and rebuild and recalculate but no luck. There are no errors showing when building the checks. It appears it is 'stuck' Any thoughts? Hi Debra-- Have you been through the payroll scripts that clear the work tables? It may be that something is stuck out there. There is KB article #851664 that deals wit...

Excel 2003 -- I need to know how to calculate a percentage of uni.
Hi post your question as body of your message -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:533CD086-6817-4A78-8D00-DD60D5A433B9@microsoft.com... > ...

Formula not calculating total
Hi I'm doing a report in excel and when I try to use autosum to add up my columns, it doesn't add up the columns requested. Instead, it just types the formula in the cell destination. Hope someone can help, otherwise I've got to get my calculator out! Thanks Debbie "Debsy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC90F5F1-CC00-4710-A9A7-B29B4C763030@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I'm doing a report in excel and when I try to use autosum to add up my columns, it doesn't add up the columns requested. Instead, it just types the formu...

Is the calculation time same? for 1234 x 1234 and 12345 x 12345.
Both numbers are stored as 32bits integer. My question is, if the data type is the same, would the actual number influcence the computing time? If I have two intigers, one only use 12bits, another one uses 16bits, would the latter operates faster? Thanks. In your case, no. If they are both stored as 32bit integers, the computing time is constant no matter what their value is. Frank E Rogers wrote: > Both numbers are stored as 32bits integer. > My question is, if the data type is the same, would the actual number > influcence the computing time? > If I have two intigers, one on...