Split Transactions not Showing in Expense Reports (MNY2007)

Hi .. I'm a long time Quicken user thinking of moving from Q2002 H&B
to Money 2007 H&B since I was able to get that version. I converted my
file and all seemed ok. I'm now comparing reports from Q to Mny, and
they're not adding up.

So far I've found that several split transactions (and I assume all)
do not show up in my report. For example, I split a $100 cash debit
between $10 parking expense and $40 meals. The remaining $50 is
uncategorized. The parking and meals do not show up in my report. To
me, the transaction looks good. I've got other parking & meals
transactions that are not split, and they do show up in the report.

Any advice? This is abviously a show-stopper for moving to Money.
Thanks.
0
plarney (5)
10/28/2008 1:16:14 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

What report? Have you tried messing with the report customization options
that show or don't show splits? (Oh, and BTW, almost none of the regulars
here use H&B and nobody who does use it is a regular here. Sometimes we can't
help because some features in H&B are just, well. different in ways we don't
know much about. Take what we say with that in mind.)

One thing from your post worries me: you say you have some amount in splits
"unassigned". If by this you mean that the sum of the split entries does not
match the transaction total, this is not a good thing in Money since Money
isn't smart enough to treat this amount the same as it would, say, an amount
in an un-split transaction with no category assigned. (If I were designing
it, it sure would be…) I would avoid this case if at all possible.

Dick Watson wrote:

> "plarney@gmail.com" wrote:
>
> > Hi .. I'm a long time Quicken user thinking of moving from Q2002 H&B
> > to Money 2007 H&B since I was able to get that version. I converted
> > my file and all seemed ok. I'm now comparing reports from Q to Mny,
> > and they're not adding up.
> >
> > So far I've found that several split transactions (and I assume all)
> > do not show up in my report. For example, I split a $100 cash debit
> > between $10 parking expense and $40 meals. The remaining $50 is
> > uncategorized. The parking and meals do not show up in my report. To
> > me, the transaction looks good. I've got other parking & meals
> > transactions that are not split, and they do show up in the report.
> >
> > Any advice? This is abviously a show-stopper for moving to Money.
> > Thanks.
>
> What report? Have you tried messing with the report customization
> options that show or don't show splits? (Oh, and BTW, almost none of
> the regulars here use H&B and nobody who does use it is a regular
> here. Sometimes we can't help because some features in H&B are just,
> well. different in ways we don't know much about. Take what we say
> with that in mind.)
>
> One thing from your post worries me: you say you have some amount in
> splits "unassigned". If by this you mean that the sum of the split
> entries does not match the transaction total, this is not a good
> thing in Money since Money isn't smart enough to treat this amount
> the same as it would, say, an amount in an un-split transaction with
> no category assigned. (If I were designing it, it sure would be…) I
> would avoid this case if at all possible.

I use Money 2007 Home & Business to run my handyman service.

As far as I can see,plarney mentioned nothing specific to the business
version. Of course, that doesn't mean that the problem isn't due to
using H&B, just that it isn't obvious. :-)

Mr. Watson is on target. If you'll tell us what report you're using,
we'll have a better shot at helping you.

He's also right about the unassigned amounts being an issue. Here's how
I handle cash:
 * Withdraw $100.
 * Categorize it as Food:DiningOut, because that's where it usually gos
(coffee, lunch, etc.)
 * Buy a garden hose with cash; edit the withdrawal transaction and add
a split categorized as Household:Maintenance
 * Right-click the original split for Food, choosing
AddUnassignedAmountHere to recalculate the balance
 * The total of the splits is now back to $100, and all of it is
categorized.
 * When you run out of cash, make a new withdrawal, create a new
transaction, and start the splitting again.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

I went back to the default report, and it showed my split
transactions. I was customizing the report to specific accounts &
categories, so something went wrong there. Still not sure what.
Thanks .
0
plarney (5)

Reports for Purchase Requisitions
1. Are there any reports that can be run from Great Plains (or from Business Portal) for past purchase requisitions or purchase requisitions in process? 2. We have certain users that would like to see all purchase requisitions in Business Portal although they may not be a requester or approver for these requisitions. Is it possible to set this up? Thank you. ...

transactions to read (wrong #)
I have two accounts (one is my bill pay account) that are reporting transactions to read even though all the transactions are accepted. Any ideas? -- Mike In microsoft.public.money, Mike Brearley wrote: >I have two accounts (one is my bill pay account) that are reporting >transactions to read even though all the transactions are accepted. Any >ideas? Close Money In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then open Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box....

download transactions broken in money 2000
I used to be able to download transactions from my credit card company, but it suddenly stopped working. The credit card site says it sent the transactions to my computer, but money never gets it. I no longer get the windows asking if I want to save the file, etc. Forgot to say I am using XP Pro service pack 2 "PattiWagen" <sandynpat@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ox8J6XiwEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I used to be able to download transactions from my credit card company, but >it suddenly stopped working. The credit card site says it sent the >tran...

TextBox on report: Border Style
I have a textbox on a report and want set what type of Border for the textbox. I put the code on the detail section band of the report. I used: If x = y Then Me.TextBox10.BorderStyle = 3 Else Me.TextBox10.BorderStyle = 0 Endif But it prints with a solid border. Is there a way to get different border styles on the textbox of a report. Thank you, Steven Hi Steven, if you put your code in the onformat event of the section of your report that contains textbox10 it'll surely work. Obviously if the two variable x and y are visible for the report. HTH Pao...

How can I handle reporting with relationship information?
I am wondering if anybody has some ideas on how to best accomplish what we are looking to do. I have a custom entity which is related to the contacts entity. I would like to get a report that contains all of the contact information that I need plus one column for all of the relationships between a given contact and all of the related records to the contact. So if I have a contact John Smith and he has 3 related records A, B, and C I would like to see a view with all of John's information plus a column that looks like A;B;C. One idea I had was to create a field on the contact ...

Some pick lists are not showing all of their pull down values.
Some pick lists are not showing all of their pull down values. Some of our users must use the Up/Down arrows to see all values - the scrollbar does not work. We have not isolated this to specific computers yet. I think it may be something w/ the DPI settings of specific computers, but I'm not sure. I have logged into several machines at this customer site for month and not seen this occurrence. Has anyone seen this? And how did you fix this? Carroll Little Carroll - make sure the DPI is set to "normal size", not large, or you will see lots of screen strangeness :) ...

Adding a table connection in report writer
I would like to add some user defined fields that we use for project names etc on our pick tickets. I can access them on my packing slip reports but I have to establish a table connection to I believe the Sales User Defined Work History Table to make the fields available for this report in report writer. Can someone direct me? The relationship between the tables for this link is already defined, so on the report definition window click on the Tables button, click on Sales Transaction Work, click on New, click on Sales User-Defined Work History, click OK. When the relationship does not...

Combining two similar worksheets and showing changes
I thought i posted this question yesterday, obviously i have no idea what im doing, because now i can't find it. But anyway, In excel I have two very similar worksheets that started out as the same worksheet. They were copied by someone and now two users have been making changes to them, and i guess its my job to put them back together, and show the changes that both of the users made. if i just copied one to the other i would have nearly five thousand rows of duplicate data. How can i do this? It seems like it would be so simple, I just don't work with excel that much. th...

Automating Excel report Using Data from MS Access
I have data in a query that I have exporting using Transfer text to a csv file. I set up an excel template for the report and recorded a macro in excel that imports the data from the csv file and links the data to the report. The problem is running the Excel macro as part of the code for the button click in my Acces form. I am getting a runtime error, saying that the macro cannot be found. Everything is spelled correctly. Can anyone provide any insight? Thanks Here is the code: Dim xlsApp As Excel.Application Dim xlswkb As Excel.Workbook Set xlsApp = CreateObjec...

Disable Track Cash Transaction
I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008. I migrated from Money 2003 standard. I set my investment accounts to NOT 'track cash transactions'. Then turned on Manage Online accounts to get the downloads for my investments. This turned the 'track cash transactions' back on. I have followed the instructions of: 1) turn online tracking off 2) disable track cash transactions 3) re-establish online tracking .......... but this re-enables it. Can I turn track cash off ? Disable 'track cash' from displaying ? Set something to ALWAYS automatically offset the txs to a zero balalnc...

Importing Reports From 2000 ADP to 2007 ADP
Hi, Im trying to import reports from 2000 adp to 2007 adp and i'm having some strange problems. The reports import fine and all the vba code is still there but it I alter any part of the report and attempt to save it it say ok saved, but when I try to close the report it says do you want to save your changes, and if you say yes it asks you again and again...... It will not save the changes. I have created new reports in 2007 adp and they save fine just has problems with imported reports, is there some thing I need to set to allow me to change the report. Cheers Martin He...

Report from external database
Hello! I have a problem: more difficult to visualize report coming from external database. After created this report, i pubblish with Crystal enhancement, but when i try to see this report from Report section it's not visible. Error is: "failed to load database information" I have created personal report that retrieve data from external database! It is possible that the CRM make this report? It's possible that this dinamic report (on update from external database) be visible into report section on CRM? Thanks Max The version of Crystal that ships with CRM is only l...

hide zeros in report...
I have a report with NetAmount. Under NetAmount it contains numbers. Under the last number there is always a 0.00, how can I make this not show? Thanks Stephen -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You are describing something that appears on a printed report. Without some idea of how the report is designed, I can only guess... You have a control on the report that displays something that equals (or defaults) to zero. If you don't want to see that, set the control property .Visible=False. Or delete the control. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP &quo...

need help with a report
I do scheduling and we have a table that uses weekdays but I can't figure out how to generate a report using the different days with everyone listed under it?? On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:15:01 -0800, krammysmommy <krammysmommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I do scheduling and we have a table that uses weekdays but I can't figure out >how to generate a report using the different days with everyone listed under >it?? By basing the report on an appropriate query. We cannot tell how that query might be constructed since we have no way to know what you me...

401 error when viewing reports
Hello, I'm having a final problem getting the reports to work in CRM. When I try to view reports I get the following error: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthori...

need help w/ report sugguestions? urgent!
Hello, I am just created all the tables for tracking daily production activities, such as passdown from 1st to 3rd shift assembler, machine issue, manpower issue, etc.. They are all in a seperate table with entry date field in each table. Most of the field in all tables are different except maybe 3 max. Now, I ran into a problem creating reports where I couldn't ties all the tables together by date. For reports, I want to be able to filter the date range for the reports and it will shows all the activties (tables) occuring during the date specified in one report. Don't know wh...

Combo Box Showing Date Selections
Hi I have a spreadsheet with a combo box setup. I want it to display in the pull down dates in the format dd/mm/yy from todays date - 5 days to todays date + 30 days. I have searched the help and discussion post and found code to get it to pull down in the format mm/dd/yy from a specific date but I am not clever enough to alter this to what I want. If you want me to post the code I have so far let me know. thanking you in advance for this help. TiredAlison wrote: > Hi > I have a spreadsheet with a combo box setup. I want it to display in the > pull down dates in t...

cash requirements report
Hello: We have a client who says that not all open payables documents are appearing on the Cash Requirements Report and that this issue is only happening in one out of ten companies that they have. I have thought about the possibility of running check links on the Payables Transaction Logical file. But, before going that route, I want to check with you all here in the Newsgroups. Before I run this file maintenance in this company, can you think of any other ideas? Thanks! childofthe1980s I'd backup, drop the PMKeys table (PM00400 or PM00401 not sure which off top of my head, c...

Workman's Comp-Period End Report to post detail
Is it possible to have the detail for the employee to post to the General Posting Edit Report when I post the liabilities for the Worker's Compensation Reports? It would be nice that once the batch is posted to drill down to the employee detail. The entry is generated by: Reports, Payroll, Period End, Workman's Compensation Summary, Post Liabilities checked for Worker's Compensation Tax. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button i...

Re: 401K contributions show as negative value
Hi all- I've recently set up MS Money 2004 and can't figure out why my 401 investment account displays my contributions as a negative value. Thi in turn impacts the Total Account Value to show less than what' actually in the account. Is this customizable or is there a reason fo showing personal contributions as negative? Thanks in advance for any guidance.. - mand ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/messag...

Money 2005 for Pocket PC shows incorrect balance.
(I searched, I promise) I use Money 2005 on my desktop and Pocket PC running Windows Mobile 2003 SE. I set ActiveSync to sync only the last 2 weeks. It seems that every now and then, the balance between the desktop and pocket pc are significantly different. If I go to track it down, it seems that the amount in question can be found by adding up the oldest transaction(s) on the pocket pc-those past the cutoff. It looks like the pocket pc is changing the starting balance as if those transactions older than 2 weeks aren't there, BUT it's not actually removing the transactions....

Charts dont refresh to show changes to data sheet
Hi All I have a reporting system in Excel with all my charts on one sheet and then one sheet per chart with the data on. When the user changes different configuration and data sources my VBA whirs away and modifies all the data sheets as appropriate. What has happened is that all of a sudden changes made on the data sheet are not automatically reflected on my charts. For example, even something simple like changing the name of a series on a data sheet is not reflected in my chart! I try a F9 to force calculation and still nothing. I try to reset the source data and it still does not update ...

Hide some contacts in GAL but show them in address list?
Hi, I have created an address list and with an appropriate filter to show the contacts I want, however I want to hide these same contacts in the GAL, is this possible? Any help appreciated, Regards John You would need to setup another GAL (custom ldap query) and restrict rights on the Default GAL for the people who you don't want to see these objects. Another option would be to put the contacts in a Public Folder and setup that folder to be in the Personal Address Book on the clients that need it. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with n...

Can I make Column Chart use percent and show value
Hi, I need to make the Stacked column chart use % but show the actual value in the count. I tried the !00% Stacked Column. But as it says, it shows the 2 values as 100% but what I want to show is one value as 100% and the other as over 100%. Then I want to show the actual value in the column (not as a percent). Ie 2 values are 50 and 25. The 50 would be the 100% and inside that column would be the value 50. The 25 would be stacked on top of the 50 and be at 150% with the value of 25 inside its column. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks in advanced for any help! Hi, Lay your dat...

Paid Removal Transaction stored procedure
Hi everyone, I have to say i am so glad i found this group because i have had a few issues i can't resolve and I am hoping you guys could help. Every time i tried to run the Paid Removal Transaction stored procedure in a client machine the system gets stuck and a message arises. The first message was: “The stored procedure rmPaidTransactionRemoval returned the following results: DBMS 7221, Great Plains 0” I was searching around and I found out this could be a result of a lack of SQL service pack updates, which was true, so I talked to the IT person in charge and he ...