Software update that doesn't update

"To continue operating successfully, Money requires a software update. Click
OK to close Money and begin the update now.  OK or Cancel are my options.  I
click OK and another pop up window opens, looks like the download may happen
then I get an error message:  "A software update is already in progress.
Please try again when the update is complete."  I click OK, Money is closed
and nothing happens.

I was using Money Plus trial version.
I clicked on the "Purchase Now" option and the ONLY option to purchase was
Money Essentials, which I purchased - entered in the key, activated it and
thought I was good to go.  Then realized that Essentials is not the same as
Plus, called MS tech support, requested a refund for Money Essentials and
then bought Money Plus.  Entered in the key, activated it and thought I was
good to go, again.  Nope.

Why... why does it have to be so flipping difficult?
Why... why do I have to wait literally 35 minutes on hold for tech support
who doesn't help me anyways - they just transfer me and transfer me and
transfer me?

I just want/need my frickin software to work. That's all.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"DeniseSteendahl" <DeniseSteendahl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A70023CC-3BB4-4547-B0E7-4C7557B419E8@microsoft.com...

> Why... why does it have to be so flipping difficult?
> Why... why do I have to wait literally 35 minutes on hold for tech
> support
> who doesn't help me anyways - they just transfer me and transfer me
> and
> transfer me?
>
> I just want/need my frickin software to work. That's all.

Make sure you're using a Windows login that has administrative rights.
If Vista, also right-click the Money icon and pick 'run as
administrator'. Open the sample.mny file or create a new file. In the
latter case, don't add any accounts. Run update from there. Let us
know if it makes a difference.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
2/5/2008 2:09:33 AM
I am experiencing what I believe is the same problem running a new install of
Money Plus Deluxe on a brand new Vista machine. I tranferred my
password-protected Money 2003 data from my old machine to a new User ID on
the Vista machine. The Vista User ID I am using has administrator rights, but
unless I "run as Administrator," I immediately receive the notice "To
continue operating successfully, Money requires a software update. Click OK
to close Money and begin the update now."

When I click OK, the update cannot close Money, asks me to close it, and
when I do, it appears to download files.  However those files never appear to
be installed.

Chris, I tried your suggestion and started a new .mny file with no accounts,
but it did not make a difference. The files appear to be downloaded but arte
not installed. Help!

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> "DeniseSteendahl" <DeniseSteendahl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A70023CC-3BB4-4547-B0E7-4C7557B419E8@microsoft.com...
>
> > Why... why does it have to be so flipping difficult?
> > Why... why do I have to wait literally 35 minutes on hold for tech
> > support
> > who doesn't help me anyways - they just transfer me and transfer me
> > and
> > transfer me?
> >
> > I just want/need my frickin software to work. That's all.
>
> Make sure you're using a Windows login that has administrative rights.
> If Vista, also right-click the Money icon and pick 'run as
> administrator'. Open the sample.mny file or create a new file. In the
> latter case, don't add any accounts. Run update from there. Let us
> know if it makes a difference.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL

0
Childs (1)
2/6/2008 4:42:00 AM
"Kelly Childs" <Kelly Childs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:632872E8-3867-4D8E-9151-B164A8FBA265@microsoft.com...

> Chris, I tried your suggestion and started a new .mny file with no
> accounts,
> but it did not make a difference. The files appear to be downloaded
> but arte
> not installed. Help!

After download, do you close money then restart it using 'run as
administrator'?
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
2/7/2008 1:24:03 AM
Chris,

I, too, am getting the same symptoms as Denise.  Under a standard user
account within Vista Ultimate, I get the "To continue operating successfully,
Money requires a software update..." message.

Upon clicking OK, I get the Vista security screen, and choose continue
(allowing "daupdate.exe" to run).  Then, another Money Update prompt appears
stating that files are ready to be downloaded, clicked OK.  Next, it appears
to extract files to "..\Program Files\Microsoft Money
Plus\MNYCoreFiles.NEW.{9D6EAA4F-27B2-4407-AC72-4BBD2FCB6ED1}".

When Money Plus is opened after all that, it's the same cycle over and over.
 Any more thoughts on why this might be happening?

Note: This does NOT happen when running Money as administrator using a newly
created file.
--
-DT

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> "Kelly Childs" <Kelly Childs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:632872E8-3867-4D8E-9151-B164A8FBA265@microsoft.com...
>
> > Chris, I tried your suggestion and started a new .mny file with no
> > accounts,
> > but it did not make a difference. The files appear to be downloaded
> > but arte
> > not installed. Help!
>
> After download, do you close money then restart it using 'run as
> administrator'?
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL

0
dtfromep (1)
2/7/2008 5:28:01 AM
I'm getting the same message after installing Money08 by disc. I had money
2007 on my machine already. It's annoying, but I just ckick "cancel". Money
08 appears to function properly.
"DeniseSteendahl" <DeniseSteendahl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A70023CC-3BB4-4547-B0E7-4C7557B419E8@microsoft.com...
> "To continue operating successfully, Money requires a software update.
> Click
> OK to close Money and begin the update now.  OK or Cancel are my options.
> click OK and another pop up window opens, looks like the download may
> happen
> then I get an error message:  "A software update is already in progress.
> Please try again when the update is complete."  I click OK, Money is
> closed
> and nothing happens.
>
> I was using Money Plus trial version.
> I clicked on the "Purchase Now" option and the ONLY option to purchase was
> Money Essentials, which I purchased - entered in the key, activated it and
> thought I was good to go.  Then realized that Essentials is not the same
> as
> Plus, called MS tech support, requested a refund for Money Essentials and
> then bought Money Plus.  Entered in the key, activated it and thought I
> was
> good to go, again.  Nope.
>
> Why... why does it have to be so flipping difficult?
> Why... why do I have to wait literally 35 minutes on hold for tech support
> who doesn't help me anyways - they just transfer me and transfer me and
> transfer me?
>
> I just want/need my frickin software to work. That's all.

links not updating
Hi I have two files. Data in File 1 is linked to data in file 2. I have both the files open. When I change a value in file 2, the data in file 1 should update automatically. This doesn't seem to be happening. I have to go to each cell and hit F2 for the update to happen. I've tried both F9 and Shift-F9. The calcuations are set to automatic but still it doesn't update uatomatically. Any idea what is happening? Thanks Utkarsh Do you have calculation set to automatic (tools|Options|calculation tab)? If yes, are you sure you have both workbooks open in the same instance of excel? ...

I have added FrontPage 2003 and now I can't update my Pub2003 site
Ever since I installed FP 2003, I have not been able to update my Publisher site. Does FP cause a known conflict? -- Dedicated Virtual Assistant at http://www.world-wide-virtual.us Hi Damzish (msgroupsreply@world-wide-virtual.us), in the newsgroups you posted: || Ever since I installed FP 2003, I have not been able to update my || Publisher site. || || Does FP cause a known conflict? There are no known issues. What appears to be the problem? What is happening? Are you getting any error messages? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ T...

how do i update assigned tasks when completed
I get an email back to say the task is complete but it hasn't updated the task on my list with the information. Do i have to update it myself? If a copy of the task remains in the sent folder and its not updated when you open the update message, yes, you need to do it yourself. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSL...

Disable "Quotes, News and other Information" in update now.
I'm using Money 2006 stand alone without passport.net. When in Money and choosing Connect to Bank/Update Now (update online information), I'm given two options by check marks: Quotes, News and other information and Account Transactions. I want to permanently disable the Quotes, News and other information category. If I uncheck the box, it always comes back the next time when I update. I want to uncheck the box and keep it unchecked so as to move forward with only the Account Transactions in a timely manner. Is there a place where I can make this permanent change? Thanks! -- Paulie.....

help wanted in updating worksheet automatically
Could you please help us with an excel query. We have an excel file with fields in a random order. The values in these fields have to be picked up and arranged one below the other in a separate area. The values to be picked up always have a fixed cell address. Awaiting reply Elle How about just selecting the range, copy it, paste it to its new location. Then select that new range and do Data|Sort? Madhu wrote: > > Could you please help us with an excel query. > > We have an excel file with fields in a random order. > > The values in these fields have to be pic...

Updating Accounts
About a month ago I opened my Money program and saw that it had deleted the sign-on info I had saved for Home Depot and MBNA. Since then, it has not allowed me to set up online updates. I keep getting "Account Updates Not Available, Please Try Again Later". These accounts had been updating fine before this. I have called support, talked to support online, they closed the session every time as unresolved. WHAT'S THE DEAL? I am seriously looking into trashing Money and using Quicken! ...

I did do an update today form Microsofts update page #2
If I can remember correctly, it was 2 new items that came out today for the OS. Could that have casued this. But it worked Ok afterwards. Nothing else installed in the last week. ...

Recipient policy updates fail with LDAP Error 8033
We noticed today that new user accounts were not getting their email addresses filled in as specified in the default recipient policy (Exchange 2003). I turned up logging on the server for MSExchangeAL and see that the server is failing to apply the policy because it gets an error #8033, Category LDAP Operations, Source MSExchangeAL -- Error text: LDAP search result on directory emsexch1.emscrm.com for entry 'C=emscrm,DC=com' was unsuccessful with error:[0xa] Referral [ 0000202B: RefErr: DSID-031006D9, data 0, 1 access points ref 1: 'com' -- The domain controller for both r...

Will my Office OS X updated to 10.1.9 run on my new Intel nased Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office run on Leopard? If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have to buy the much more expensive Office 2008? Can you get rebates? You've actually raised several issues here, so see the in-line responses: On 6/28/09 12:27 PM, in article 59b773f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com" <Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeform...

Money 2002 Online Price Updates
I have recently updated my computer to VISTA and have had to re-instal Money2002 Personal and Business edition. Since then the online price updates no longer run on start up. I have to manually use the update price option and this does retrieve updated prices for the shares as expected. Does anyone kn ow how to fix the problem so that the update of prices happens automatically every 6 hours as it used to do when I was using Windos XP Home? Thanks in antcipation of getting a resolution to this problem. ...

Updating Excel Spreadsheet
I have 3 users that use the same spreadsheet, is there a way of automatically updating the spreadsheet of one user with newer information input by another user. Hello, I think you should use shared workbook. Ex2003: Tools/Share Workbook... Ex2007: Review Ribbon/Share Workbook... Obviously, you need to save the file into shared drive. Let us know if it works :) -- Milan Bortel MCP, MCAS, MCTS GOPAS Computer Training Center Brno, Czech Republic "joesw" wrote: > I have 3 users that use the same spreadsheet, is there a way of automatically >...

issue with serial port on module, updating form
Hello, Ive created a serial port instance on a module. In the same module I have the sub data_received. Now I'd like to update a control in a form, how can I do it? Thanks in advance You need to use Control.BeginInvoke or .Invoke to update the UI via a Delegate. You can download the VB2005 Terminal example from my website, which illustrates this. Dick -- Richard Grier, Consultant, Hard & Software 12962 West Louisiana Avenue Lakewood, CO 80228 303-986-2179 (voice) Homepage: www.hardandsoftware.net Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Comm...

Formula Cell not updating
I have a workbook with several worksheets in it. The sheets are not related to each other except that I used the copy worksheet feature to add sheets. There is a formula cell which totals the two cells to the immediate left on each worksheet. For some reason, when I change one of the values in the cells being added, it doesn't update the total, unless I retype the formula in the cell. I have had this problem one other time in the past. I'm not sure how to fix it. -- Sincerely, Beverly76 Hi you may check if automatic calculation is enabled ('Tools - Options - Calculate...

Updating External Link Values.
Hi All, Im sure there is an easy solution to this but im banging my head against a brick wall here! I have a cell which changes each week to reflect the week number "Week 26" etc. I have an external link to another workbook in the format: =IF(F5=0,0,'H:\Desktop\Apps\[Bus Week 25 Stats.xls]Week'!F$5) Basically I just want to be able to get that "Week 25" to change. To check the value in F1 (which has the Formula which creates "Week 26") to: =IF(F5=0,0,'H:\Desktop\Apps\[Bus Week 26 Stats.xls]Week'!F$5). Sounds easy huh! Im stuck! Help! :eek...

Updating Excel spreadsheets over the Internet?
We have a client who has several satellite locations. Each day, each of these locations enters data into a spreadsheet then emails that sheet to the home office. The home office then must review each sheet to generate totals for the previous day's business. Is there a feature in Excel that would allow us to make the spreadsheets available to each satellite online, then from their daily input, create a "master file/spreadsheet" that summarizes dialy business activities for the entire operation? We would like to have each satellite be restricted to their own information; ...

Charts GONE after Windows XP SP3 Update!?!
I have Office 2007 SP1 Enterprise Edition and, until last night, Windows XP Professonal SP2 installed on my PC. Last night I went through the normal Microsoft Update site to upgrade to SP3 and everything seemed to go well. However, I noticed this morning that all of my Excel files I have that previously had worksheets on them showing charts are not displaying those charts at all. The worksheets that they were on are still in the files, but the charts themselves seem to have disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know of a way to resolve this? Thanks... Hi, ...

Windows Live Mail software client v.14.0.8089.0726
Can you answer these questions for me or address the issues being presented? Thank you kindly. 1.) When it concerns email encoding; What is the best setting? Right now I'm set to Western European (ISO) - should I stick with this or should I switch to Western European (Windows)? What's the difference. What's the best way to go? 2.) It sure would be nice to be able to directly email any questions I have to the powers that be at Windows Live Mail software technical support, all I have is a feedback form. How about a direct link to an email form for Windows Live Mail t...

Auto Update of Marketing List
Is there a way to automatically update (add/remove) members from a marketing list through a single step or process? I have created an ongoing campaign with one corresponding marketing list. This campaign will have a regular communication activity thus creating the need for two advanced finds, one to add new members that recently qualified and one to remove members that no longer qualify (because they've already been sent the communication). Two questions: Is there a way to permanently connect an advanced find to a marketing list, or do you always have to go through the 'manag...

Offline Address Book not updating on Outlook 2003 clients in cache
I am having an issue with the Offline Address Book that suddenly stopped updating changes to the Global Address list on clients that run Outlook 2003 in cache mode. This started for no apparent reason sometime last week. We noticed it this morning when a user called to complain that a new user was not appearing in the GAL. This user had been added late last week. I have tried rebuilding the RUS, and regenerating the OAL, then forcing the download of the OAB using Tools/ Send and Receive / Download Address Book in Outlook. This did not fix the issue. We are running Exchange 2003 w/...

Money 2006 updates #2
I only have dialup and cannot load the update to the software as it is just takes too long to download. Can I get this update manually and possibly save it to a CD or a USB drive from a library or somewhere else? The update I am referring to is the update that starts downloading on the first execution of MS Money 2006. Thanks David Alge No it's not possible as it isn't distributed separately. However Money should download it in stages, so each time you dial in, it'll grab a bit more of the download so you don't need to restart it every time. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft...

Lost Office Software
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel We purchased the Office 2008 Software for our Macbook and somehow misplaced it. We now have an iMac desktop that we would like to install it on. Is there a way to do this using a registration number from the Macbook? Do we need the actual software to install it on a second computer? In order to install Office you need a source disk and your Product Key... The source disk can be any Office 2008 disk but the Product Key is unique to your copy. The Key is on the sleeve the disk came in, so if you've lost th...

Dynamic data, static range, not updating.
Oh wise ones, I have a range that is dynamically updated by a SQL call. The data is changing every 2 seconds. The routine is populated by a calulate sheet event. My range never changes, it is alway V4:V23 and the data is updating and changing in that range, but the associated chart will not update unless I call a refresh sheet function from a supplied addin or close and reopen the workbook. Can anyone tell me why it won't refresh the chart when the data linked to it is refreshing normally? Mike try putting =now() somewhere on the sheet -- Don Guillett SalesAid...

Entourage deleted items not updating exchange

update is GOOD 03-30-10
From: "Joseph" <josephturner65@hotmail.com> Subject: Update Is GOOD Date: Friday, March 26, 2010 4:19 PM -- ~jack~ ...

disabling data updates within excel pivot table
When saving a Office Web Component Excel Pivot Table, as displayed from with a Web Browser, using the excel export function, I want to be able to freeze the data displayed, so that when ever I reopen the saved excel file the data content does not change to reflect any subsequent changes in the under lying OLAP cube ...