INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY!
Fork It Over!

a Ground Floor
Unique Dimension & Concept
In the
Children's Entertainment Market...
For More information
http://www.kidseyeview.us

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Setting up out of office reply on exchange server 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. Thank you Leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is > off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with > internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. I'm confused - where does POP...

I have 5 DLLs that export...
a series of functions for use by each other and applications that make use of them. Something weird is happening in my test application which makes use of these DLLs. I have an app named MFCTest.exe which links to 3 libs for 3 of the DLLs. The long standing version of this test app (which I've used to test DLL functionality for the past 2 years) makes calls directly into all 3 of these DLLs to use different functions. Just today, I've added a new feature to DLL one (let's call it) which requires it to call a function on DLL 2. Now, it has never needed to call DLL2 before, but ...

Administrator permissions on Exchange 5.5
Folks, Scenario as follows: Multiple W2K domains sharing one Exchange 5.5 server. Currently administrators for each domain can view mailboxes from all domains. I do not want this scenario. How can I lock down permissions so that administrators can only view mailboxes from their own domain? Thanks a lot -- Johnny37 ...

SUMPRODUCT #5
Boy...do I need help with this formula. For example, what does the following mean: =SUMPRODUCT (0+ISNA(MATCH(A1:A10,{2,4},0)),A1:A10) I know it means to add the column of numbers omitting those that are 2 or 4.. but HOW DOES THIS "MAGICAL" SUMPRODUCT formula WORK?? Thanks, Larry "FLKulchar" <flk2575@comcast.net> wrote in message news:15ca01c3dfd6$6cb03af0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Boy...do I need help with this formula. > > For example, what does the following mean: > > =SUMPRODUCT (0+ISNA(MATCH(A1:A10,{2,4},0)),A1:A10) > > I know it means to ...

Want both Office 2007 and Office 2000 on my PC
When I installed Office 2007, the install deleted my Office 2000. Can I re-install Office 2000 without affecting the installed Office 2007. -- Mel That because you selected Upgrade. Is there a specific reason for wanting 2000 installed? "Mel" <Mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7449E987-FAC6-45D0-A5E0-A4FD2436951F@microsoft.com... > When I installed Office 2007, the install deleted my Office 2000. > > Can I re-install Office 2000 without affecting the installed Office 2007. > > -- > Mel "Mel" <M...

How to print 4 page design on 4.5" x 5.5" top fold cards
I have designed a 4 sheet (front, middle 1, middle 2, and back) as an invitation. This is set up as a 4.25"x 5.5" top fold card. How do I set up Publisher and HP 7280 All-in-one printer to print on card stock. I expect to use two side printing, but Publisher does not have print set up for these standard size cards. You will need 4.25" x 11" card stock OR use 8.5" x 11" stock which you plan to cut to size after printing the invitations. I'm going to assume you will be using 8.5" x11" stock. This will create two invitations per sheet of...

Exchange 5.5 and 2003 #2
Hi All, I am in the process of moving from exchange 5.5 (NT 4.0 based) to exchange 2003 (2003 based). I brought a 2003 exchange server online, and installed the connecter, etc etc. All seems to be going well so far. I have moved a majority of my mailboxes via the system manager, and look to be in good shape...I still have the 5.5 in place, and that is the "public facing" machine (I have a 2nd nic in there with the MX pointing to it). Email is going to the correct places even when the user is on the new server. ....EXCEPT... I just got a call from a vendor saying he got a rejection...

Problems with Exchange 5.5 on windows 2000 Active Directory migration to Exchange 2003
Hi All I hope that someone out there can help me. I have an exchange 5.5 system sitting on a windows 2000 server Active directory server. I have installed a new windows 2003 server with exchange 2003 as the messaging platform. I have gone through the prep for windows 2000, moved all the roles, joined the domain and that all worked out great. The problem is that when I run the exchange migration wizard I get the following error: Unable to logon to the server. Please verify the server name, port, user name and password. I believe that this is a problem relating to the LDAP port (3...

Our exchange server is the domain controller too.i want to seperate them!??!!??!
Hi in our company we implement Exchange server as pilot.when i install it, i creat the domain controller on this. But we had a main domain cntroller before.now i want this exchange server to use the resource of our main domain controller.what should i do? Thanks Mina On 11 Mar 2006 21:09:33 -0800, "Mina" <mabbasi@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi >in our company we implement Exchange server as pilot.when i install it, >i creat the domain controller on this. But we had a main domain >cntroller before.now i want this exchange server to use the resource of >our main domain c...

Exch 5.5 with AD 2003
Hi, we are upgrading our flat NT4 single domain to AD 2003 NATIVE mode , do we need to do anything to Exchange 5.5 to run smoothly on the AD network, or does does nothing at all have to be done? Kind Regards Apollo "Apollo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, we are upgrading our flat NT4 single domain to AD 2003 >NATIVE mode , do we need to do anything to Exchange 5.5 to >run smoothly on the AD network, or does does nothing at >all have to be done? > >Kind Regards > >Apollo Don't convert it to Native until you shift the 5....

Exchange 5.0
We have an elderly exchange 5.0 box and when I drill down to the Mailbox resources section things don't look right. One particular user is showing in there as having 5800 items in his mailbox. Well when I open his email, there is nothing in his calendar, about 12 contacts, and 22 email in his inbox. All other folders are empty, including deleted items. his journal says no items to be displayed. Where on earth are these 5800 items coming from? We are trying to slim down our 1.2gig priv.edb file and things like this probably aren't helping. Regards Victoria Right click the" OU...

Using TM Interscan as a smart host for outgoing mail
Hi All, I'm trying to set up my SMTP Gateway for outgoing mail, in addition to inbound. I have configured the gateway as a smart host on my Exchange 2000 box by going to the properties of my SMTP connector. Additionally, on Trend Interscan E-mail Virus Wall v3.53 I have allowed outbound mail. The options are (my config in brackets); Enable Outgoing Mail processing (ticked) Specify the IP address of any mail server that will be sending mail to the InterScan machine (192.168.1.1) Specify how outgoing mail will be delivered; Either forward mail to SMTP server or Use DNS (use DNS selec...

Problem with OWA and Exchange 5.5
Hi everyone, I am having this problem with MS Exchange 5.5 and Outlook Web Access. When I log in remotely I get to see my emails and as in the office I can reply, delete, move emails as necessary. The problem is that when I get back in the office all new emails are marked as unread. If I have replied or forwarded email they are not marked appropriately either. Is there anything I can do to rectify this problem? Any patches, changes to the registry? Regards, Anguel ...

Circular Logging #5
I have a Exchange 2000 server with circular logging turned ON. If I do a nightly FULL backup then circular logging being ON should not really matter, right? We do not do incremental or differentail backups. thanks Well, consider the following. You backup at midnight. Your server fails at 2pm and you lose your database drive. With circular logging on, you can only recover your system back to the state it was in at midnight, i.e. you lose emails from midnight to 2pm. Best practice is to ensure circular logging is off. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips...

Upgrading to Money 2004 #5
I am upgrading from Money 2001 deluxe to 2004 Premium. I am receiving and error message that says: "Due to changes in your Money file, the saved version of the "Monthly Cash Flow" report is no longer available. Money has attempted to reset this report, but you shoulf reset manually to avoid unreliable information" This message pops up without warning. I have attempted to reset the report but the error continues. Thanks, Jeff I can;t see that report as one of the standard ones on my version of 2004, not sure whether it is on yours. If not, then you should delete ...

Want to know a secret?
Hi, Here's your opportunity to EASILY EARN CASH BONUSES. Join me! -- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ THE "BIG SECRET" - REVEALED AT LAST! Find Out How I Make Money On The Web AUTOMATICALLY, EVERY DAY - YOU Can Do It Too! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING! CLICK BELOW To Read My Special Report! http://www.citlink.net/~cyberwerx/The_Big_Secret.html $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ...

Out of Office set-up with an exchage server help wanted
Hi I am trying to configure the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2000 & 2002. i don't use an exchnage server. Does anyone have any links to sites with step-by-step details on setting this up and creating an oft template? Sean Did you start this quest by reading http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248830? -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Sean" <fake@fake.com.au> wrote in message news:hmcb10h0ia7adv4f5v2u07aaaqa3o0gjbq@4ax.com... > > Hi > > I am trying to...

help needed #5
I have a number of cell,say h5 to h11. I need to create a function that carries out an action when any 2 of these cells is less than 1.The numbers are continuously changing.e.g h5 4 h6 3 h7 1.5 h8 1.7 h9 10 h10 11 h11 2.4 IF function can work IF(AND(H5<1,H6<1),"Yes","No") but this only checks one pair,i need to check many pairs.How do I do it? -- pytelium ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pytelium's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?ac...

Exch 5.5 offline sync problems....?
I'm having a weird offline sync problem with Exchange 5.5 on NT4 with Outlook 2000 clients. It seems to have begun just since I applied the latest patch(es) for NT and Exchange, and wondering if anyone else has seen this. It affects online (wired) users as well as our dial-up users - but especially noticeable with dial-ups. The problem is the offline sync does not seem to be working 100%, even though there are no errors reported (unless I manually try to sync, then I get the error list). I originally thought that messages with blank subjects were the culprit, but have seen problems where t...

Error MEssage #5
Problems opening up excel ss in email - (use Lotus Notes - have Excel 2007). Every time I "try" to open a ss from email - it goes into a download folder and you have to do an annoying series of steps to get it to open- most of the time the spreadsheet is blank and I get this error message: ..."xls could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences." Please help! ...

Want to reformat HD but save some of the e-mail from the inbox to new install..
So how do i do it..? >-----Original Message----- >So how do i do it..? >. > Best way is to export the files you need to a .PST file. Burn that off to a CD or copy it to a networked PC. Then import it after you are done the formatting. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: >>-----Original Message----- >>So how do i do it..? >>. >> > > Best way is to export the files you need to a .PST file. > Burn that off to a CD or copy it to a networked PC. Then > import it after you are done the formatting. Couldn't I just copy the inbo...

remove "are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" po
I find it rather annoying almost any time I want to close an accounts window this popup dialg appears with the text "are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" and so on. It pops up even if i've made no edits to the account, most of the time. Is there anyway to disable this warning/dialg box? Try putting the following in the OnLoad event of the form: crmForm.detachCloseAlert(); It's not a documented method, so it's unsupported -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Canadaka" wrote: > I find it...

5.5 Affinity to 2003 PFs
A pure 5.5 Site and a pure E2K3 AG. Public folders are on the E2K3 server, with public folder affinity - not replicas - set up with the 5.5 site. Using Outlook 2003, the 5.5 users can see the E2K3 PFs fine when they are in their office, which is connected to E2K3 server via company WAN. But same 5.5 users cannot see the PFs if outside the company WAN (i.e. if using Outlook 2003 while VPN'd into office). Is there any way to get the 5.5 users to see the E2K3 PFs when VPN'd -- without creating replicas on 5.5 server as we are soon migrating them to the E2K3 AG anyway. 5.5 users are...

Exporting Exchange 5.5 mailboxes info in the permissions tab
Can anyonw tell me how I can extract the information from the permissions tab on the Exchange 5.5 mailboxes ? Thank you. Hi, Try this link, hop it helps. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=188628 "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75E6F6A2-6849-4120-8A88-0384241A7013@microsoft.com... > Can anyonw tell me how I can extract the information from the permissions > tab > on the Exchange 5.5 mailboxes ? Thank you. ...

explorer 5.5 service pack 1
I have been unable to open Money because it askes for service pack 1. 1. I have tried downloading pack 2.0, but it can not be installed. 2. I have tried downloading 6.0, but the instillation process stops asking that other programs be closed (even though all programs have bee closed) A. How can I resolve the downloading problems? B. How can I open money without service pack 2.0? ...