INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY!
Fork It Over!

a Ground Floor
Unique Dimension & Concept
In the
Children's Entertainment Market...
For More information
http://www.kidseyeview.us

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

How do I enter "1" and have excel know it's equvilant to "$12,000"
I am working on a Financial Aid sheet that will roll over each year, the kids gain a grade, and tuition bumps up. Is there a way (other than manually) to get column D to display the appropriate tuition ammount in relation to Column C (Column C displays grade)...is there a formula that would say >if grade "1" then tuition is "10,000"; if grade "2" then tuition is "11,500" etc < (through grade 12) Thanks for your help! Hi you may use VLOOKUP fot this. <See: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Ge...

2 copies OEM and have a full version I want to install, or should I?
I bought a new computer that has an OEM version of 2005 installed. I had bought one a few months ago. Should I uninstall the OEM and install the other? thanks bruce Forgot the new one came with Works Suite if that makes any difference There's no difference between the OEM and Retail versions so no need. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedbac...

subform problem 06-12-07
Does anyone know how to make a button on the mainform delete the records showing on its subform which is in datasheet view? Thanks for the help! -- Michael Answered in Forms newsgroup. PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187F9E2A-3215-469A-927A-6652EF195306@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to make a button on the mainform delete the records > showing on its subform which is in datasheet view? Thanks for the ...

Windows Media Player 12 (Video Run Time)
Can the video length be displayed in the player while it's running? Thanks WMP automatically hides the length if the width of the Now Playing window is too small. Make the window bigger until the length is displayed. If WMP still only displays the current position, click the time display until it shows both the current position and the total length. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk On 31/05/2010 17:25, Skylo wrote: > Can the video length be displayed in the player while it's running? Thanks ...

Output query to excel 08-12-07
Hi, Can anyone help me with outputing the results of a query to a particular worksheet in an Excel workbook. Using an "Output To" macro, I've managed to output my query to Excel so that it replaces the whole .xls workbook. But what I need to do is output to Sheet 1 of the .xls workbook and leave Sheet 2 intact as it will have formulas referring to Sheet 1. Thanks Bob On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:52:07 +1000, Bob wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone help me with outputing the results of a query to a particular > worksheet in an Excel workbook. > Using an "Output...

don't want to print headers of email
If I receive an email from somebody that is sent to say 100+people. When I go to print that email, I get 2/3 of a page with the header information (to, from, subject, etc). Is there anyway to turn off or suppress the printing of headers of an email in Outlook to save ink/paper? Thanks, Darren ...

want certain junk mail to auto go into junk folder
want to receive certain mail but have it automatically go into my junk folder instead of having to move it manually after I've already read it. Want Outlook to recognize the sender and put it in junk. Bufilly wrote: > want to receive certain mail but have it automatically go into my junk folder > instead of having to move it manually after I've already read it. Want > Outlook to recognize the sender and put it in junk. What Outlook can do depends on which version you are using but didn't bother to identify. You could use the Blocked Senders blacklist....

New user on OSX now Office wants key codes
Running a G4 with 3 users all using Microsoft Office no problems, email all works fine Need to install a new user for the machine. But all Microsoft applications now want all the key codes like a new registration. What file/folder do I need to change access privlages or something to make the new user able to use software already installed and registered on the machine please. HELP! Sorted by code removal at Admin level then reinput code when word boots up. Now works with all users ...

17 GB transaction logs in 12 hours.... Is this too much?
I am generating about 17 GB of transaction logs every 12 hours on my backend exchange server. This seams like it is way too many transactions for the actual amount of mail that crosses our system. We have SPAM filters in front of our servers and they are VERY good as filtering out about 99% of the junk that comes in. So I don't believe it is SPAM. I have searched through the queues and I don't see an inordinate amount of mail going through them. I use quotas on all the mail boxes and a review of their sizes indicates that we aren't being mail bombed. I can't seam to track this ...

Smart List word wrapping
Smartlist is word wrapping at screen output and when printing anything wider than 8.5 page. My question: Is there a way to prevent the wrapping Have tried landscape and scale to fit on various printers but no luck. We are on gp 8.0 Hey, TIA Brad Brad, The only thing I have seen that would prevent word wrapping is to make each column display narrower so that everything fits to 1 page wide when printing. If that's not an option, you'll need to export into Excel and format there to get the printout to look like you want. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - h...

Exchange 2003 will not forward mail to smart host
We Exch 2003 on 2003 Server. Exchange was forwarding mail to smart host fine until recently it sends directly to the internet bypassing the smart host. I have change the smart to two different smart hosts. Exchange continues to bybass the smart hosts sends directly to internet. Thanks for any help you can provide. Jim "Jim Hernandez" <jimmyh@provcom.com> wrote: >We Exch 2003 on 2003 Server. Exchange was forwarding mail >to smart host fine until recently it sends directly to the >internet bypassing the smart host. I have change the smart >to two different s...

Error message #12
I keep getting the message in Money 2003 'This transaction cannot be entered'. I can't directly enter anything in the register. Have a look at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q89 -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Fran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1845f01c41fe6$1f2a46e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I keep getting the message in Money 2003 'This > transaction cannot be entered'. I can&#...

HELP
Hubby "helped" fix my laptop to handle network issues, and closed lots of TSR stuff on my bottom taskbar. That included my perfectly configured "old style view" quick link to Hotmail. Now I have a huge screen that is hard to read, and my messages open automatically - that is something I wish to avoid at all costs. How do I get my old view back? There is no preferences button to choose, other taskbar buttons are unnecessary, but taking up space. How do I get rid of the right side window, and STOP the messages I highlight from opening immediately in tha...

Displaying a 12-digit Number
How can I have a cell display a 12-digit number? Currently, when you would type the number 123456789012, 1.23457E+11 is displayed. As I need to have the spreadsheet saved as a Text Delimited file, even when formatting the cell as text does not work, because when the file is being converted, it sees the cell as a number, and brings me back to square one. Any ideas?? Thank you. Hi format the cell with the custom format 000000000000 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany John wrote: > How can I have a cell display a 12-digit number? > Currently, when you would type the numbe...

Invest smart 02-02-08
How much profit can you make with one dollar? Check out this website www.forbuck.com Without any obligation, registering or other ties make cash! ...

exporting contacts 01-12-10
I want to export my Outlook contact lists - including both names & associated emails - to Access, Word, or Excel. The wizard does come up but when I select any option for exporting, it tells me it cannot start the required translator, the feature is not currently installed. Put the original CDs in the drive - still did not find the files. Looked on the Microsoft site to see if I can download this feature - but don't see it anywhere. Install Importers and Exporters from the Office CD. The features are listed under Outlook. -- Russ Valentine "L Mcclure" <...

find date last used, deativate if older than 12 months
Hi All, I have a new task to add to my DB, I need to deactivate some customers we have if they have not conducted any business with us for more than 12 months. I have a customer tbl with Customer name and Active fields ' this is the one i need to update ' i have a Jobs tbl with customer name, dispatch date. I need to find the last time a customers job was here, and if it is more than 12 months then deactivate the customer, and create a report list of all the customers just deactivated. I can use VBA to loop through the Jobs tbl but am unsure of the code to use to do ...

Rolling 12 month data charts
I was wondering if someone could give me an example to help me get my head around the best way to do this. I have posted before on how my charts us data tables and that I would like to change that. I need to add annotations to specific months that stay with the data point as the calendar year rolls to the next month. What I am needing is someone to help me out by giving me an example of what my chart should look like with the chart and then the data below in a similar format as the data table. I have close to 35 charts that I have to do this for and I want to make sure I start this new pro...

I just tried and I want to contact an expert.
I just want an e-mail account. Whatever I do does not seem to wortk. I have just registered as georgemalinowski@leigh.com - Will this work?? Looks like a perfectly fine e-mail account to me. Who runs leigh.com? Have you asked them for the settings you need to get Outlook to access their servers so you can send and receive e-mail? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Jerzy" wrote: > I just want an e-mail account. Whatever I do does not see...

We want to make it so internal read reciepts cannot be refused
We are running Outlook 2003 with an Exchange server. We want to set it up so that if a message is sent with the a read reciept request that the reader can't say no. This would be for internal network users only. Is this possible? Our old system, Groupwise, showed you who had read your e-mail, who had deleted it (with or without reading). This is very helpful when you need to prove that someone did read a message that you sent them. Any help would be appreciated. Third Party software suggestions are welcome. Thanks! On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:24:02 -1000, ConnieN <ConnieN@discuss...

Distribution Lists #12
Does anyone know how to hide the individual names in a distribution list and only allow the group name to be seen? >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to hide the individual names in a >distribution list and only allow the group name to be seen? >. >In Exchange Admin, if you go to the properties of the particular Dis. List, and click on the Advanced tab, there is an option there to 'hide membership from address book'. ...

smartlist builder #12
hi everyone, i'm wondering if there are any publications/instructions out there how to build queries using smartlist builder for beginners. i've taken a class at our VAR but it's just not intuitive for me and i cannot figure out how to use it. if you have any suggestions, please let me know! i'd really like to build some smartlists cross referencing distribution accounts in AP and SOP. Also would like to be able to utilize it for some analytical accounting reporting. thanks! lily, I don't know if there are any SLB how-to guides out there but I think that one of the k...

Countif #12
Thanks for the help, that worked out great -- patrick s ----------------------------------------------------------------------- patrick s.'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1469 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26318 ...

I want to inhibit editing of one text box based on the content of another
The two text boxes are on the same form (subform3). I want to inhibit the Quantity filed from being edited if the Status field contains "Ship Requested". The following code gives me an error 'Expected: list separator or )' Private Sub Quantity_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) ' Inhibit txtbox if the Status field is "Ship Requested" IIf(me.Status = "Ship Requested"; me.AllowEdits = True, _ me.AllowEdits = False) End Sub On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 23:07:21 -0500, BobC wrote: > The two text boxes are on the same form (subform3). >...

Excel #12