Simply record expenses in Money 2004 - no budget needed

I would like to record my expenses daily, and have Money 2004 calculate
the total I spent for the month.

My expenses are different every month, and occur a different number of
instances each month, so making a budget won't work for me. I won't
know what my expenses are, until after I've paid them.

I would simply like to record each expense as it happens, and then have
Money add up all expenses for each category, as a running total for
each category.

I've tried doing this by creating a Budget within Money, but I'm forced
to choose recurring time periods for when the expense will occur ( I
won't know until after the expense occurs), and I'm forced to choose an
amount, but I won't know what the amount is until after the expense
occurs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, helponmoney@hotmail.com wrote:

>I would like to record my expenses daily, and have Money 2004 calculate
>the total I spent for the month.
>
>My expenses are different every month, and occur a different number of
>instances each month, so making a budget won't work for me. I won't
>know what my expenses are, until after I've paid them.
>
>I would simply like to record each expense as it happens, and then have
>Money add up all expenses for each category, as a running total for
>each category.
>
>I've tried doing this by creating a Budget within Money, but I'm forced
>to choose recurring time periods for when the expense will occur ( I
>won't know until after the expense occurs), and I'm forced to choose an
>amount, but I won't know what the amount is until after the expense
>occurs.
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated.

Money is good at that. Enter a category for each transaction. Just
ignore the budget.

Instead look at Reports.  Find a report similar to what you want.
Click Customize.

Explore the tabs to see what you can customize.

When done, you can save that customized report as a Favorite if you
like. Then changes you make to the regular report in the future will
not apply to the one you saved as a favorite.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Lost Cash Flow Function in Money 2002
Not sure what the catalyst was but I have recently lost the ability to view my cash flow forecast. Clicking the toolbar icon does nothing excpet refresh the screen I'm in and the cash flow forecast component of the home page seems stuck on an obscure account. I have tried the Quick Repair, downloaded the Salvage tool & run a Level 2 (Standard) Repair with no effect. However, whilst following the instructions to perform a deep repair, Salv.exe does not allow me to perform the level 3 repair - it does not give that option in the drop-down box. 2 questions... has anyone experien...

If function, need nested more than seven levels
I have many Excel tables with columns with Dates in them in mmm-yyyy format. I'd like to insert a new column to the right of each of these columns and enter a formula in them to convert these formats. In the new column I'd like the result to be Q1, Q2, Q3, or Q4. I tried "=IF(MONTH(C3)=9,"Q3","")", and it works for the new column, if it is September, it results with Q3. But since there are 12 months in the year, I'd need to nest 12 of these IF functions to cover all my bases, but Excel only lets me nest 7 deep. How can I come up with an alterna...

Customization Certiciation needs CRM SDK?
As I am preparing for Customization exam for MS CRM 3.0, I would like to know if it is required to get thorough with CRM SDK or alteast know about objects, properties, methods and their purpose as well?? Please let me know at earliest. Is there any other outside material i can refer apart from MS CRM training material which i had got? Hi Affy, If prepration material you got is from Microsoft than thats it. You dont need more although more is always better. You dont need to know inner details of SDK to clear the customization exam. SDK details are required when you are appearing for foll...

Budgeting and Closed Accounts
I just tried reviewing this year's budget, and I found multiple items to be quite under-reported. When examing the transactions, I noticed Money wasn't reporting any 'actuals' that result from transactions in closed accounts. Isn't that a bug? Naturally, I could work around the issue by reopening the accounts; but its annoying to other aspects of Money. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do...

Beginner needs help to make chart or graph or pie
I only know a *little* about Excel, and a *little* about presenting data on some kind of chart. I don't know how to do formulas or anything but a basic spreadsheet in Excel. My Project: I need to show that my Natural Gas usage spiked during a gas leak involving multiple pipes leaking small amounts at the same time; the leak wasn't noticed for 4 to 6 months. I have 3 years of gas bills-- 1 year before the leak, the year involving the leak, and 1 year after the leaks were noticed AND fixed. I'd like a visual rendering to make it easy for a 4th grader (i.e. my landlord - LO...

Outlook BCM and MS .NET, what do I need?
Could an MVP or other expert tell me what I need here insofar as MS .NET goes. Here's the deal: Am using WindowsXP-pro, came with Dell PC last year. Also have Office 2002, and about to upgrade to Office 2003 with Business Contact Manager. It looks like in add/remove that MS .NET 1.0.3705 is already installed on PC. Windows Update says it has a critical update I need to install for MS .NET 1.0...and it's not removable once done. Separately, the instruction book with the Outlook 2003 Upgrade CD says that to use Business Contact Manager (a second installation CD), I will 'n...

bills and budget
help before i go completely mad, when creating a budget, it has added in my monthly rent of 370 however when it appears in the final bughet or report it has put this in 3 times, i've tried everytihng even starting from scratch and i can't sort it out. please help before i go potty. ...

Need to modify registry
Hello, I am trying to create 3 different keys in the registry manually at these locations: 1) HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum 2) HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\ 3) HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\ I need to do this for testing purposes. I am unable to add an entry into #1 and #2 using the Registry API. Someone suggested that I use Setup API, but I am not sure how I would go about doing this. Would someone be willing to show me some documentation or examples on how I could go about adding entries into these areas of the registry? Thanks > Hello, I am trying to...

Does Money Support INternet update from TD Bank ?
I just installed Money 2004. I want to setup direct Internet update from TD Bank, I don't see it under customize updates. Does TD Bank support direct Internet downloads ? If so, how can I find out? If not, which banks in Canada support direct Internet Download ? Thanks There are no banks in Canada which support it right now as far as I know. They are all web-connect... it had something to do with some earlier banking law I think. I know that Quicken XG (CDN) boasted that is supported direct download (with the caveat that the bank had to support it). When I called the rep he said t...

Help! Can MONEY Import a MSN online Deluxe Portfolio Backup?
Is there a MONEY version that could import a web based Deluxe MSN Portfolio Backup file? Microsoft is going to Kill thir great portfoloio manager, and many of us have tax lot data stored there, and so far this data is lost in the nep beta programs. I have Money 2002 and I just loaded a moneycentral .mny and a moneycentral ..mbf backup into it with no problem. I have seen that message also and they are crazy. I have been using moneycentral for too many years to remember how far back I started with it. At least early 1990s. During the years I have compared it to many other stock portf...

Microsoft Money 2006 Database SDK
Does anyone know of a MS Money DB SDK? I would like to export my Money information to a SQL database so I can create my charts and stuff from it. The SDK would just have to allow read-only access (provided with password) to the Money information. Thanks for any help! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10. With MoneyLink you can get some stuff out, but it leaves great holes. (Classification for one has no place in MoneyLink. The memo in a root transaction, for another, is not visible in MoneyLink.) With careful report creation/export and a lot of work importing the reported (and seri...

LF: Excel 2000 template(s) Condo Budget
G'day, System: Excel 2000 on win98 I've been searching the NGs and googling for Excel 2000 templates. The only ones I've found are for 2003 and above. Specifically, I'm looking for one that might be used (or converted) for a Condominium's budget including Reserve Fund allocations (1). But any relevant Excel 2000 templates would be a starting point. Any direction, links or resource sites would be appreciated. Cheers, tomZ -- If you spam my mailbox, you agree to accept any response I deem appropriate. Keep SIGNATURE AGREEMENT before replying. "Any business model t...

2004 trial file won't open
I tried the trial 2004 version of Money and didn't bite. It saved my file but now won't recognize my password from 2002. Is MS trying to force those who use the free trial to buy 2004 by saving to an unknown password? Please help me recover my file! When the trial upgraded your data file it warned you that Money files, once upgraded, were not backward compatible. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=84 for the recovery paths. "jmkosloski" <jmkosloski@peopelpc.com> wrote in message news:71ba01c42fe4$3bdd14d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I tried the trial 2004 vers...

Need to add range reference to existing formulas
I have two formulas I need to add range references to. An Array {=SUM(IF(H7:H42=R53,P7:P42))} A Formula =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(R53,H7:H42,0)),"",INDEX(G7:G42,MATCH(R53,H7:H42,0))) In the first, I need the ranges to be H7:H42 and AQ7:AQ45, P7:P42 and AY7:AY45. In the second, I need the ranges to be H7:H42 and AQ7:AQ45, G7:G42 and AP7:AP4 Any help would be appreciated, JSJenn --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Ranges in arrays have to be the same number of cells. 7 to 42 AND 7 TO 45 do not meet this critiera. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy jsjenn > <<jsjenn.10...

Still in need of help
I posted this prior with no final answer to my question. I'm looking for a formula that can help sort calendar from fiscal year. I'm hoping this is enough info. If not please let me know. mePenny HEADINGS ONLY: A4 - DATE B4 - TYPE OF FUEL (U = UNLEADED, D = DIESEL) C4 - GALLON AMOUNT OF FUEL DELIVERED D4 - PRICE PER GALLON AT TIME OF DELIVERY ENTRIES ONLY: A6 - A24 ARE THE ENTRIES OF FUEL DELIVERED G5 - CALENDAR YEAR (HEADING ONLY) G6 - (WORD ONLY) UNLEADED H6 - (NEED FORMULA HERE) G7 - (WORD ONLY) DIESEL H7 - (NEED FORUMLA HERE) G9 - FISCAL YEAR ...

DGView Binding (Really need help on this one, please!)
I've posted this issue a couple of days ago, but I wasn't clear, so I'm trying again. I want to be able to bind a collection of "Rows" to a DataGridView para the public fields aren't fixed. If each "row" was made out of fixed public fields I know I could easily achieve this using BindingList. My class structure is as follows: I have a Field that exposes Name and Value attributes. Now, I also have a class Fields which is basically a collection of class Field as you can see: Fields : KeyedCollection<string, Field>. So far everything ...

Testking.co.uk study guides now available with 100% money back guarantee
Testking.co.uk study guides now available with 100% money back guarantee ...

Transfers between accounts for Esentials Budget in MM 2007 Deluxe
How can I add a Txfr between accounts into my Essentials Budget in MM 2007 Deluxe? I only have my Checking account in my Budget Accounts list. The only Txfr option on the Pic List I have is "Txfr to to Deleted Acct." Thanks, Van Baird ...

Money Invest account "Cash" part
I set up an account for my Vanguard mutual fund in Money 2002. In the mutual fund I have a Vanguard Money Market fund and an Index 500 fund. When I import the transactions into Money, it always consider the Money Market fund to be an "Investment" while in reality it is the equivalent "cash" portion of the Vanguard mutual fund. Is there a way I can tell Money to take Money Market fund transactions into "Cash" portion of the Vanguard fund? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, wj wrote: >I set up an account for my Vanguard mutual fund in Money 2002. In the mutu...

Office 2004 won't reinstall
As soon as I installed Leopard, my Office 2004 apps stopped working. I had never uninstalled Office X and I found that I could still use those apps, although I could *not* double-click on a doc and open it directly. I had to open the app, then choose "open" to get to docs. This was inconvenient, but I dealt with it whilst I looked online and tried to figure out what was going on with 2004. I found a lot of info about how installing Leopard messes up permissions, so I used disk utility to repair permissions. I checked that I had read & write privileges for Office 2004, and I check...

Need help with formula!!!!
A B 9 Right ear % =VLOOKUP($F$4,Sheet2!A2:B65,2) 10 Left ear % =VLOOKUP($F$5,Sheet2!A3:B66,2) 11 Enter lesser %: =IF(B9>B10,B10,B9) 12 Enter greater %: =IF(B10>B9,B10,B9) 13 Bilateral Hearing Loss: =(((B12*5)+B13)/6)/100 This formula calcualtes the % of hearing loss in the right ear and the left ear then uses a formula to calculate the % of total bilatearl hearing loss. The formula in B13 multiplies the lesser % of the...

Importing a .CSV file into Money 2003
Hello, I am trying to import a .csv file into Money 2003 but using the import option it does not work, does not ask for the target account and this kind of extension is not listed in the import option. I need to import a fidelity investment account activity download and the fidelity site does not offers OFX or QIF extensions. How can I import it? Thanks Not as a .CSV. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q8. "Nestor J Portillo" <nportillo@online.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:259c01c3e15c$dceac4c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, I am trying to import a .csv file int...

Why does Money 2005 work like molasses?
See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. "Ara" <arakafafian@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:9htLd.2595$Ck1.563175@news20.bellglobal.com... > > Because it's winter? -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "Ara" <arakafafian@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:9htLd.2595$Ck1.563175@news20.bellglobal.com... > > It's a feature! "Ara" wrote: > > > ...

Help! Deleted Budget
I inadvertently deleted the Budget in GP 10. I went into Card|Budget, and exported the budget to an Excel file just to have a look at it. When I went back to the Budget Selection window, I hit Delete thinking I was purging the exported budget file. In my hope of undoing the deletion, I imported the Excel budget file that I had exported back into GP, and it is again listed in the Budget Selection window. What I need to know is what damage I did by deleting the entry that was there originally? For example, what other GP functions may have been dependent on the budget before I ...

Need a little Macro ... #2
Excel 2000 ... I have several WorkBooks from 2003 where many TabSheet Names contain "2003". For those TabSheets that do contain "2003" ... I would like a Macro that would look at TabSheet Name & if name contains "2003" change it to "2004". As always ... Thank you to the many Excel Magicians that support this board ... Kha Press ALT+F11, Insert > Module, insert the code below, and then run the macro: Sub Change2003() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets With ws If .Name Like "*2003*" Then ...