If there is a question already posted let me know. The question is: I created
a bank account information on the Account list icon and want to have more
than (one)transactions listed and  see each payee displayed separately on
each page so i could have all the months posted with due dates and total
listed. Thank you.
0
AJ (77)
12/21/2005 7:45:09 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, a.j. wrote:

>If there is a question already posted let me know. The question is: I created
>a bank account information on the Account list icon and want to have more
>than (one)transactions listed and  see each payee displayed separately on
>each page so i could have all the months posted with due dates and total
>listed. Thank you.

I am not sure what you are asking. Are you using a Business version
and trying to track invoices?

 You might want to generate a report. The "Transactions by Payee"
could be a starting point. Click Customize, and explore the tabs.

Basic Money Glossary (prototype)

Account

A collective place to place transactions, investments, cash, and
debt.  An investment account would normally hold stocks, bonds,
and/or mutual funds.  There are also bank, credit, and asset
accounts.  Money Help item "account" gives a description.

Category

The Money help item "category" says "A way to sort your income and
expenses into meaningful groups so you can see income and spending
patterns in Money reports." That seems like a good description.

Favorite Account

An attribute of an account to give it easier access. See help item
"favorite".

Investment

A security such as stock, bond, or mutual fund.  See Help item
"investment".  Investment Buys and Sells are entered into an
investment (type) account, but an account is not an investment.
Normally when your broker assigns different account numbers, each
account number would correspond to an account.  Each account can
contain many different types of investments.

Money File

The file that normally has the extension .mny.  It contains the
data for money as well as most of the settings.  It can be moved,
deleted, or copied by normal operating system means.  See Help item
"file".

The Money file can be backed up to a Money backup file with a .mbf
extension.  Give careful thought to your backup policy.

Watch Account

An account that is not real, but is for the purpose of watching
securities that you may not actually own. See help item "watch".

Money Market Fund

An investment held in an investment account that is a special kind
of mutual fund: the share price is fixed at $1 usually, and Money
does not put the sell transactions into the schedule D (capital
gains) information.  Called "money market" in Money.Sometimes
referred to as MM or MMF.

Bank Money Market

A checking account from a bank that usually has some extra
restrictions and higher interest.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/21/2005 8:14:09 PM
I'm using standard version OEM, i've called compaq and do not seem to find
the answer to the question. I really need to create a bank account and
include all the bills that I pay each month, e.g.
water,electricity,gas,etc......And have each bill listed month-to-month and
shown separately. Thanks

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, a.j. wrote:
>
> >If there is a question already posted let me know. The question is: I created
> >a bank account information on the Account list icon and want to have more
> >than (one)transactions listed and  see each payee displayed separately on
> >each page so i could have all the months posted with due dates and total
> >listed. Thank you.
>
> I am not sure what you are asking. Are you using a Business version
> and trying to track invoices?
>
>  You might want to generate a report. The "Transactions by Payee"
> could be a starting point. Click Customize, and explore the tabs.

> Basic Money Glossary (prototype)
>
> Account
>
> A collective place to place transactions, investments, cash, and
> debt.  An investment account would normally hold stocks, bonds,
> and/or mutual funds.  There are also bank, credit, and asset
> accounts.  Money Help item "account" gives a description.
>
> Category
>
> The Money help item "category" says "A way to sort your income and
> expenses into meaningful groups so you can see income and spending
> patterns in Money reports." That seems like a good description.
>

> Favorite Account
>
> An attribute of an account to give it easier access. See help item
> "favorite".
>

> Investment
>
> A security such as stock, bond, or mutual fund.  See Help item
> "investment".  Investment Buys and Sells are entered into an
> investment (type) account, but an account is not an investment.
> Normally when your broker assigns different account numbers, each
> account number would correspond to an account.  Each account can
> contain many different types of investments.
>

> Money File
>
> The file that normally has the extension .mny.  It contains the
> data for money as well as most of the settings.  It can be moved,
> deleted, or copied by normal operating system means.  See Help item
> "file".
>
> The Money file can be backed up to a Money backup file with a .mbf
> extension.  Give careful thought to your backup policy.
>

> Watch Account
>
> An account that is not real, but is for the purpose of watching
> securities that you may not actually own. See help item "watch".
>
> Money Market Fund
>
> An investment held in an investment account that is a special kind
> of mutual fund: the share price is fixed at $1 usually, and Money
> does not put the sell transactions into the schedule D (capital
> gains) information.  Called "money market" in Money.Sometimes
> referred to as MM or MMF.
>
> Bank Money Market
>
> A checking account from a bank that usually has some extra
> restrictions and higher interest.

0
AJ (77)
12/21/2005 8:57:02 PM
In microsoft.public.money, a.j. wrote:

>I'm using standard version OEM, i've called compaq and do not seem to find
>the answer to the question. I really need to create a bank account

Did you do that successfully?

> and
>include all the bills that I pay each month, e.g.
>water,electricity,gas,etc.

Did you do that successfully? That would normally involve entry of
transactions. If you don't see how to do that, I suggest you switch
the bank account to the Advanced Register.

>.....And have each bill listed month-to-month and
>shown separately. Thanks

I don't know what you mean by that. If you need each to be on a
separate page, I don't know how you would do that in Money.

How far did you get? After you have addressed the creation of the
account, and show the transactions in the Advanced Register, there
is probably some report that could be useful. You could customize it
to fit it more to your preferences.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, a.j. wrote:
>>
>> >If there is a question already posted let me know. The question is: I created
>> >a bank account information on the Account list icon and want to have more
>> >than (one)transactions listed and  see each payee displayed separately on
>> >each page so i could have all the months posted with due dates and total
>> >listed. Thank you.
>>
>> I am not sure what you are asking. Are you using a Business version
>> and trying to track invoices?
>>
>>  You might want to generate a report. The "Transactions by Payee"
>> could be a starting point. Click Customize, and explore the tabs.

>> Basic Money Glossary (prototype)
>>
>> Account
>>
>> A collective place to place transactions, investments, cash, and
>> debt.  An investment account would normally hold stocks, bonds,
>> and/or mutual funds.  There are also bank, credit, and asset
>> accounts.  Money Help item "account" gives a description.
>>
>> Category
>>
>> The Money help item "category" says "A way to sort your income and
>> expenses into meaningful groups so you can see income and spending
>> patterns in Money reports." That seems like a good description.
>>

>> Favorite Account
>>
>> An attribute of an account to give it easier access. See help item
>> "favorite".
>>

>> Investment
>>
>> A security such as stock, bond, or mutual fund.  See Help item
>> "investment".  Investment Buys and Sells are entered into an
>> investment (type) account, but an account is not an investment.
>> Normally when your broker assigns different account numbers, each
>> account number would correspond to an account.  Each account can
>> contain many different types of investments.
>>

>> Money File
>>
>> The file that normally has the extension .mny.  It contains the
>> data for money as well as most of the settings.  It can be moved,
>> deleted, or copied by normal operating system means.  See Help item
>> "file".
>>
>> The Money file can be backed up to a Money backup file with a .mbf
>> extension.  Give careful thought to your backup policy.
>>

>> Watch Account
>>
>> An account that is not real, but is for the purpose of watching
>> securities that you may not actually own. See help item "watch".
>>
>> Money Market Fund
>>
>> An investment held in an investment account that is a special kind
>> of mutual fund: the share price is fixed at $1 usually, and Money
>> does not put the sell transactions into the schedule D (capital
>> gains) information.  Called "money market" in Money.Sometimes
>> referred to as MM or MMF.
>>
>> Bank Money Market
>>
>> A checking account from a bank that usually has some extra
>> restrictions and higher interest.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

How To Create UI Automation Test Suites for VC++ 7.2 Application
Hi All Envoirement -: VC++ 7.2 OS -: Win 2000,XP As i can Develop UI Automation Test Suite For .NET Application Plz Anyone tell me,Can I Develop this Tool for VC++7.2 Application ? If yes ,How ? plz suggest me for it. Regards Tarandeep Singh tarandeep@abosoftware.com Fundamentally, this is hard. There are some commercial programs out there that do this, but getting a test suite that works well, particularly in all resolutions, and is fully scriptable, is a nontrivial problem (well, let's put it this way: I would not accept a fixed-price contract to do this, and wou...

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

Another multiple criteria/column question
Ok, first post and pretty much a new user to Excel. I have two sheets that I am working with, trying to recall data from one to the other that meets criteria. In a nutshell: Sheet 1 contains a column of unique values (col A), cols C,D, and E are where I want to insert the formula to find data on Sheet 2. Sheet 2 contains 4 columns, A contains multiple occurrences of each value (from Sheet1, column A), each with its own timestamp in column D. On Sheet1, in column C, I want to find a value on Sheet2 in column A and return the timestamp in column D. I know I can use VLOOKUP for this. =VLO...

Array Function Question
I have little knowledge of Array Function. I'm updating a spreadsheet developed by someone else. One array formula trying to lookup data in another spreadsheet looks like below: {=SUM(IF([Data]Data!$A$3:$A$70>=DATEVALUE("01/01/2006"),IF(Data]Data!$A$3:$A$70<=DATEVALUE("03/01/2006"),IF(Data]Data!B$1:$AR$1=A5,Data]Data!$B$3:$AR$38))))} I was told to press Ctrl/Shift/Enter to refrsh the data and it worked last time(3 months ago). But this time the cell won't refresh but shows the formula text. The formula should be fine. Did I miss anything to refresh...

Receive mails from one adr. to several computers
Hello. I have a problem receiving mails from one adr. to 5 computers in a network. One of the computers get's all the mails. They should all receive the mails. All the machines run's win Xp and office Xp. Outlook on all computers are set to store the mails on the server, even though they have been received on a computer. When I check my WebMail, the messages are still there! Please help. Nima ...

Report: "You have no transactions for the item you selected."
Hi, I've run into a glitch I can't figure out. I'm working with the Monthly income and expenses report. There are amounts listed under the Income - Unassigned category. When I double-click the category to see the transactions, I get the message in the Subject. I did a split-half search to find the supposed account that it registering the amount, but cannot find any transactions that are in error. I tried a Standard Repair without any change. Help! I should add that this is Money 2007. "Robert Berus" <rberus@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:OFn...

With a Query in Access 2007, How can I Create This Query
I need a query that will list all records in table 1 for which there are no auditor records (Table 3). Somehow, I need to use the relationship between tables 2 and 3 to find what's not in table 1. The following query gives me a list of all records that do have auditor records. I'm at a dead end on this one. Query SELECT PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTAuditingTherapist, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTFirstName, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.TherapistLastName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTFirstName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.Medicare, AuditDet...

Question about SetCurSel()
Hi, I have a combo box control specified with the drop down (not drop list) style. The list box portion of the control is populated with data from a recordset to allow the user to select from a list of pre-loaded items. Or they may choose to type in a new entry. As the user enters data into the edit box portion of the control, the program checks after each keystroke to see if the entry data matches anything currently in the list. If it does, the drop down list appears and the list item closely or exactly matching the data that has been entered is selected and appears in the edit ...

Developing a robust database at one co. then using it at another c
Are there any legal implications of using the type of database listed above to perform similar functions for another company? The 2 company's are in 2 totally different industries and the new database will have to be modified to fit the requirements for the industry it is in. The database was developed at the old company. there is no such thing as a robust Jet database. Move to SQL Server if you want to build a solution that will work for the next decade. Jet is and always has been depecrated On Apr 7, 12:14=A0pm, BoaMan10 <BoaMa...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Question on multiple NICs used by Exchange 2003
I have a requirement to bind four virtual SMTP servers to unique IP addresses. The server has four NICs and each IP address is uniquely bound to a virtual SMTP server. I used telnet to confirm that the appropriate virtual SMTP server responds to each assigned IP address. In case you are wondering why I did not use virtual IP addresses- Per Microsoft, the virtual IP address schema will not satisfy our requirement that the same IP address be used for sending (relaying) the e-mail that received it. Their recommendation was to have a NIC for each virtual SMTP server. The problem that I am ex...

Creating a Calendar in Publisher
I have created a calendar page in Publisher. How do you save that design so that each consecutive month will hold the format? On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:31:02 +0000, Toni wrote (in article <A49FAC01-7290-48FA-9576-5FB4761A9CD6@microsoft.com>): > I have created a calendar page in Publisher. > How do you save that design so that each consecutive month will hold the > format? You use the correct tool for the job. Publisher isn't it. Serif PagePlus, OTOH, is. I have Publisher 2000 Can't you use SAVE AS and it saves as a Publisher file? If the tabs on the bottom are ...

time formula question
This formula works great if the ending time is before 0:00. =IF(D21>0,B21/INDIRECT("Sheet1!E"&MAX((A21>=$C$9:$C$11)*(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)* {2;3;4})),"") $C$9:$C$11 is my starting time i.e. 20:00 $E$9:$E$11 is my ending time i.e. 04:30 How can I get this to work if A21 = 20:15? TIA, David Try this: =IF(D21>0,B21/INDIRECT("Sheet1!E"&MAX((($C$9:$C$11<$E$9:$E$11)*(A21>=$C$9:$C$11)*(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)+(($C$9:$C$11>=$E$9:$E$11)*((A21>=$C$9:$C$11)+(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)))*{2;3;4})),"") HTH -- AP "David" <dfizer@r...

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...

creating a formul
Trying to create a formula to do the following: Sheet 1 column A a list of personal names a1-a10 Sheet 2 has list of names a1-a10 and list of dollar amounts colums d1-d10 want to search sheet one and if any name from sheet 2 found on sheet 1 than the corresponding dollar amount is entered. Any help appreciated. -- George I bet you want to use =vlookup(). Debra Dalgleish has some nice instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html George A. Yorks wrote: > > Trying to create a formula to do the following: > Sheet 1 column A a list of personal names a1-a10 > ...

How do I create a summary page from multiple worksheets
Trying to roll-up information from multiple worksheets within the same workbook to a summary page. These worksheets are copies of each other. For example: each worksheet has a column labeled "defect number". The users can record multiple defect numbers within a cell (e.g. 897, 992, 1001) So sheet1, row1 = 897, 990 sheet2, row1 = 992 sheet3, row1 = 995, 1001, 1012 sheet4, row1 = empty How do I (or can I) rollup this information to a summary page where sheet5 is the summary worksheet and row1 = 897, 990, 992, 995, 1001, 1012. Here's what I have so far [=Sta...

Using the classes created with xsd.exe
I have created classes from several xsd files. These files create about 150 classes and spot checking them they do represent types in the xsd files. the question is how do I use these files. How do I load data into them and create xml from them. Is there some articles about this subject. Thank you, -- Jerry Hi Jerry, As for the classes you've generated, are they normal classes or dataset classes? As for the normal classes you generated through xsd.exe, you can use XML serialization to convert those class instances into XML content or deserialize the XML content back into objec...

Backup MX questions
After nearly a week of downtime for my Exchange2k server a few weeks ago, I have realized the need for a backup MX server, basically someone who can catch my mail when my smtp server is unavailable and then allow me to seemlessly pick it up or deliver it to me when I am back up again. What is the best way to accomplish this? Mike <>< On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:41:17 -0500, "Mike Strout" <m i k e s t r o u t @ h o t m a i l . c o m> wrote: >After nearly a week of downtime for my Exchange2k server a few weeks ago, I >have realized the need for a backup MX ser...

Add items from an external application to RMS transaction grid
Is there a way to add items from an external application to MS RMS transaction grid? I want to add items using windows application or web application to RMS transaction grid. Kindly help how to add from an external application. Thanks for help in advance. You would need an Add-in for RMS to make this happen. If you are yourself not sure how to make this happen, I would consult with your RMS partner, or any of the other partners on this forum, including my company, that specialize in creating customization for RMS. If you are interested in getting an estimate for this work please f...

multiple balances on one printout
I want to print all the months on one sheet. with a total, is this possible and if so how do I do so. Thanks ...

How to merge columns and rows into one cell besides using Merge and Center Icon?
I had posted this question before, but I couldn�t find this thread in any of the pages up till page 17. So I�m posting again. I want to merge all rows and columns starting from A1 to J2, with no lines in between into one cell. My text data value are in D1 and D2 respectively. Using Merge and Center Icon will only retain the upper-left most data, resulting the data in D2 to be deleted. So how to merge all rows and columns into one cell and yet prevent the data in D2 to be deleted? Any help will be greatly appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from h...

how to create leading zeros on variable length numbers
I have a column of variable length numbers/text (6-12 characters). I need to place leading zeros in each of the cells to create a standard length of 15 characters. What's the easiest way to do this? sleect cells or column then pull-down: Format > Cells... > Number > Custom > and enter 000000000000000 in place of general -- Gary's Student "MVPitts" wrote: > I have a column of variable length numbers/text (6-12 characters). I need to > place leading zeros in each of the cells to create a standard length of 15 > characters. What's the easie...

Creating an MDE database in code
I have arequirement to send out a database to be used by other personnel, this database creates other databases for clients, I want the Client databases created to be mde's so that no one can go in and mess with the code or forms. Any ideas? On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:48:01 -0800, Blondie <Blondie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: How about: RunCommand acCmdMakeMDEFile -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have arequirement to send out a database to be used by other personnel, >this database creates other databases for clients, I want the Client >databases cre...

Calendar Appearance Question Please
Outlook 2003 In the Monthly view each month's color/shading is a very slight variation from the preceding & following months. The variation is so slight it is very hard to notice. Can you change the shading to something that will stand out more? Thanks in advance... Bob ...

Creating Sources
I often use online databases to find information for essays and such. Which option would be my best bet to plug in the information properly? I know there IS something to use for journal articles, but those seem to be for print. Can it apply for web versions too? I'm not entirely sure, but I doubt any of the styles that came with Word 2007 add electronic information to journal articles. What Word does is collect all the information you provided for a certain source and pass it along to your style (an xslt file). Your style then takes the bits and pieces it needs, formats th...

multiple one to many
I have a database with multiple tables that are populated with a form with subforms. Basically I have Table A with a record ID field that has a one to many relationship with two other tables (Table B and Table C). I am trying to run a query (for a report) that will show the record ID (and other fields) from Table A with each of the many corresponding fields from the other two tables. But I don't want the info from Table A showing up repeatedly in my report - just once. How can this be done? TIA Papa J First do the query, and don't worry about 'repeating'...