Showing wire transfers correctly

I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 and I had wired some funds from my investment
account to my checking account. This shows up on my checking account as an
"uncategorized income" line. I tried to change it to a "Transfer" to
investment account, but that causes the the investment account to be adjusted
as well. Any thoughts on how to fix it?
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Don't you want to change it to a Transfer **from** the Investment Account?
Wasn't your investment account out that money? Don't you want to reflect
that in the investment account as well? Why shouldn't it effect both
accounts since both accounts are involved?

Are you downloading data for both accounts? Are you using Essentials or
Essential Register mode?

In microsoft.public.money, Rob Saripalli wrote:

>I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 and I had wired some funds from my investment
>account to my checking account. This shows up on my checking account as an
>"uncategorized income" line. I tried to change it to a "Transfer" to
>investment account, but that causes the the investment account to be adjusted
>as well. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

In the Cash Transactions register for the investment account, enter
a SPECIAL Transfer to the checking account (bottom of the list). I
am not familiar with
'"Transfer" to investment account'. If you don't have a Cash
Transactions register for the investment account, that would be a
problem; that can be turned on.

If you don't see that SPECIAL Transfer category, I would set
Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->DisplayAllAccountsInTheAdvancedAccountRegister

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/7/2007 7:31:09 PM
I changed my AccountSettings(global) as you suggested. The investment account
still shows as essential register and has no option to change it.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Rob Saripalli wrote:
>
> >I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 and I had wired some funds from my investment
> >account to my checking account. This shows up on my checking account as an
> >"uncategorized income" line. I tried to change it to a "Transfer" to
> >investment account, but that causes the the investment account to be adjusted
> >as well. Any thoughts on how to fix it?
>
> In the Cash Transactions register for the investment account, enter
> a SPECIAL Transfer to the checking account (bottom of the list). I
> am not familiar with
> '"Transfer" to investment account'. If you don't have a Cash
> Transactions register for the investment account, that would be a
> problem; that can be turned on.
>

> If you don't see that SPECIAL Transfer category, I would set
> Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->DisplayAllAccountsInTheAdvancedAccountRegister

In microsoft.public.money, Rob Saripalli wrote:

>I changed my AccountSettings(global) as you suggested. The investment account
>still shows as essential register and has no option to change it.

Did you restart Money? Into Help, enter "essentials register" into
the box to get the method to switch for a specific account.

Are you using the Cash Transactions register for the investment
account? If not, I would tick TrackCashTransactions in the account
settings.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Rob Saripalli wrote:
>>
>> >I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 and I had wired some funds from my investment
>> >account to my checking account. This shows up on my checking account as an
>> >"uncategorized income" line. I tried to change it to a "Transfer" to
>> >investment account, but that causes the the investment account to be adjusted
>> >as well. Any thoughts on how to fix it?
>>
>> In the Cash Transactions register for the investment account, enter
>> a SPECIAL Transfer to the checking account (bottom of the list). I
>> am not familiar with
>> '"Transfer" to investment account'. If you don't have a Cash
>> Transactions register for the investment account, that would be a
>> problem; that can be turned on.
>>

>> If you don't see that SPECIAL Transfer category, I would set
>> Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->DisplayAllAccountsInTheAdvancedAccountRegister

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/7/2007 8:54:36 PM
Thank you. That worked great.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Rob Saripalli wrote:
>
> >I changed my AccountSettings(global) as you suggested. The investment account
> >still shows as essential register and has no option to change it.
>
> Did you restart Money? Into Help, enter "essentials register" into
> the box to get the method to switch for a specific account.
>
> Are you using the Cash Transactions register for the investment
> account? If not, I would tick TrackCashTransactions in the account
> settings.

> >> In the Cash Transactions register for the investment account, enter
> >> a SPECIAL Transfer to the checking account (bottom of the list). I
> >> am not familiar with
> >> '"Transfer" to investment account'. If you don't have a Cash
> >> Transactions register for the investment account, that would be a
> >> problem; that can be turned on.
> >>

> >> If you don't see that SPECIAL Transfer category, I would set
> >> Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->DisplayAllAccountsInTheAdvancedAccountRegister

I'm a member of "employees" but don't show up in the GAL
I recently noticed that in my Exchange Server 2003 organization I am a member of the "Employees" mail-enabled Universal Security Group, but I am not showing up in that group in the GAL... I show up in other Distribution Groups & Security Groups & as a regular user in the GAL, but I'm missing emails sent to the "Employees" security group because I'm not showing up in the group in the GAL. Anyone know why this would happen?? I've run out of ideas. Thanks! Tas In news:1156776385.185209.210630@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, Tas <tasita@gmail.com>...

create progressive graph for slide show
Hello, I am fairly good at the basic in excel but I can't work out a quick way of doing this: I have a large table of data about 50 by 8000 and am using it to plot graphs. The problem is I want to create a slideshow to show at a seminar which will start off using just the first row of data and then progressively add more rows and display each line graph one at a time. I can't see any simpler way of doing this except to copy and paste each graph into PowerPoint on a time which would take for ever! Ideally I would like the scale to update automatically but that�s not too important. ...

Copied tasks show as collapsed
I have two projects, one of which i copied some tasks from and copied into the other. Once i save the project and reopen it the copied tasks don't display and the id number shows a gap (60, 61, 62, 70, 71, 71). I have to collapse the entire project and then expand it to see the tasks. Any idea what would cause this behavior? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01CA79B8.6C708FE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Jan, Welcome to this Microsoft Projec...

transfering data between sheets
I need a formula that says something to the effect of: IF the value in H=1 THEN transfer said row to sheet 2 IF the value in H=2 THEN transfer said row to sheet 3 etc. I need all the information in the row to transfer, and have no idea how to do it. More info needed but a macro like with sheets("sheet2") lr=.cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).row+1 rows(range("h1")).copy .cells(lr,1) end with -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Parker Jones" <ParkerJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:566197...

Showing how much longer for a due date.
I am trying to figure out how to show how much longer someone will have to send a product back if they only have 30 days to return it. I would like the cell to count down from 30-1 and show colors at different stages. Is this possible or am I asking too much? Dear, You need to be more specific on this. Is there any date element associated with this or you are going to enter the date on which someone returns the product back on the scale of 1 to 30 days. Thanks -- Dilip Kumar Pandey MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.) dilipandey@yahoo.com dilipandey@gmail.com New Delhi, India "daddyr" ...

Inbox shows unread messages but there are none in the directory
My Outlook (office 2003) Directory for the Inbox indicates three unread messages but when looking at the list of messages there are none that are unread and if I delete all the messages in the inbox there are still three indicated as unread. I have not active filters. Any idea what is going on or how to stop it? ...

Not receiving mail in correct inbox
I have Outlook Express and Outlook 2002 installed on my pc. I'm receiving mail at my Express inbox, but I want to receive it at my Outlook 2002 inbox. (Express was just the program that originally came with my PC.) I'm afraid to delete Express until I know that I can receive mail at the Outlook 2002 box. Any suggestions? ...

Help! All my Publisher photos have stopped showing up!
Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it up today and it will not show any photos. Nothing from templates or that I insert. I have tried to repair the office suite and I have reinstalled the program as well and neither of those things helped. I have also emptied all my temp. internet files because that once stopped my clipart from appearing, but that didn't help either. Please help! I use Publisher way too much to loose it. LKS wrote: > Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it > up today and it will n...

How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message.
How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message. Basically when you type in a email address/name it finds it in a another users "SHARED" contacts... (So you don't have to manually find/add it.) Can someone point me to some instructions? Thanks Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0736_01CAFD9B.F594AC40 C...

transferring signatures and rules
I've transferred my oultook.pst from one PC to another. I got my email messages and calendar entries, but I've lost my rules and signatures. How may I get them? (I need to send the first machine in for hard-drive replacement, but I'd like to get the rules, signatures and anything else that I'd set up on Outlook transferred over to my new machine first. Apparently copying the PST file does not suffice.) FYI, I didn't store my PST file in Documents and SEttings\etc on the new nor old PC, but in c:\MyOwnPathForOutlookPSTFiles\ From: "Excel@shoenfeltconsulting.com&qu...

Booked resources in calendar not showing booked
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5966F.A3C77020 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having issues with the calendar in Outlook/Office 2003 I will book a room as a resource and it is accepted. If I look back at = the resource it is not showing booked for that period time causing = double bookings. Anyone have any ideas? --=20 JONATHAN HESKETH ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5966F.A3C77020 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-print...

email account will not show up when added: says deleted
my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" section of Outlook 2003 even though I have added it and the "test" button shows it is set up correctly. It is listed in the accounts pane of add/change email accounts but when I try to set it as the default account I get a message it is not found and probably was deleted. I have deleted and re added it several times with the same result. Any solution ? Alec McNaughton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my main email account will not show up in the "accounts" > section of Outl...

Pivot Tables show zero balance
Hi - I have a pivot table.... I want to show customers that have an outstanding balance. when i sort by month, i see everything, totals of who paid and who ha not. I want to sort to see only who is outstanding. How do I do this? CURRENT SETUP: Sort by page = date of invoice (by month) Rows = client name, then the tota -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could add a Status column to your data source, and calculate the account status. For example, with customer names in column C and amounts in column H: =IF(SUMIF($C$2:$C$39,C2,$H$2:$H$39)>0,"Outstanding&...

Transfer a Publisher file to Word
I have made of a front page for a book in Publisher and want to copy it to the front of a Word document. It consists of a border, background, text and a jpg photo. I cannot save it as a *.pub and transfer to Word, so I am resaving in 'JPEG File Interchange Format' and transferring it that way. It goes across successfully but the text prints hairy edged. Any suggestions? -- B.Collin Transfer the images as images and the text as text. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "B.Collin" <BCollin@discussion...

See this correction patch for Microsoft Windows
--hanoxjmvugy Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="geygsediuj"; type="multipart/alternative" --geygsediuj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="orxbebvyw" --orxbebvyw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your computer. This ...

transferring macros from one PC to Another
Hi, I have some macros on one PC. The machine is very slow and I want to format it. But I want to transfer all my macros to a CD or another PC. Please help me in doing that. Tell me how can I do it. Thanks Much Suman Suman, to move to another computer you can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook, right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a CD or what ever you backup to, then import it to the...

numbers not correct
When I try to add numbers to a cell, they are converted to a date. How can I correct this? I have the "general" numbers tab selected. (Excel 2007) Think you could either precede the entry with an apostrophe ('), or pre-format the data entry col as text. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Chicken Dogs" wrote: > When I try to add numbers to a cell, they are converted to a date. How can I > correct this? I have the "general" numbers tab selected. (Excel 2007) ...

URGENT: Creating a chart (Getting the correct input and output) unable to figure out
Hi, I have been trying to create this chart since a long time now and go no clue what am donig wrong. I have some machines in my company and all of them have a end of life for example: Machine 1, at location A with End of Life in 2004 Machine 2, at location B with End of Life in 2008 I want the years on x-axis and the machine locations on y-axis. Afte that I want horizantal lines representing machines which also show th end of life. For a better understanding, see the attached excel file. I have als created an image of the chart I'm looking to draw. Please advise. Thanks. Ker ...

OWA not showing all email?
hello everyone, i posted a while back (but i think it slid to back pages) asking a question about a user who has outlook 2003 in the office and hooks up via OWA at home. recently it's become clear that not all of her messages are showing in OWA, yet they all show up when she reconnects on the office LAN. any advice on that? we are running exchange server 2003. in that vein, we would like to set her up with outlook 2003 accessing the exchange server from out of the office but are not sure how to go about doing that ... any tips on where to get started with that would be great...

Finding Outlook Express mails and transferring to WLM
I am following the instructions in WLM on how to import mails from OE6. It claims not to find any mails on the saved OE-file. ( The location is a harddisk from a previously CPU-crasched PC. All other files appear OK). Have also checked that the files are not protected, and opened up hidden files. What is wrong? Do you have the folder with all of the OE dbx files? Move the folder to your hard drive to eliminate any permissions issues. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDF71428-851B-435...

Is there document showing differences in Outlook CRM & Browser CRM
the ones i noted so far are: Mail merge menu - not available in browser CRM Knowledgebase table - not available in Outlook CRM Service calendar - not available in browser CRM Settings - not available in Outlook CRM Search folder - not available in browser CRM If its going to be anywhere it will be in the official training courses. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "stephen" <stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F11ED10C-5F8F-4259-A8DA-3EA929B95D97@microsoft.com... > the ones i not...

Excel does not display entered values correctly
I am currently running Excel 2000 on WinXP Pro. Excel does not display the correct values in cells when they are typed. The program arbitrarily assigns a decimal value to whatever number is typed. For example, if "1111111111" is entered, it is displayed as "11111.11111" I have gone through cell formatting, detect and repair and other options, but none have worked. The program use to work fine. It started this recently and it won't go away. If it helps, when a number is typed in another program, i.e. notepad, and copied and pasted into Excel the value displ...

Access 2003 - Documenter
Odd Problem as arisen Access 2003 - Documenter was working, now for some reason it does not show any data when run, I've tried 3 different Access databases. Funny thing is, it WAS working last week. I've checked the options, and they are all set to bring out all data for the table or query that I chose to document. Is the Documenter gone for the weekend? LOL. -- Kindly, JH Hi JH, When you say "it does not show any data when run", are you indicating that it does not show any of your objects (tables, queries, forms, reports, etc.) when run, or are you saying tha...

old rules showing up after clean install
My old rules are still showing up after i uninstall and reinsall office xp. There seems to be a problem with them and i just want to uninstall office and reinstall so that my computer thinks it has never had it before, in the hope i can fix whatever is wrong with my rules. Is there another step to perform after uninstalling to completely rid any "memory" of having it installed previously? Thanks. Cut Cut <ccutlip@nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote: > My old rules are still showing up after i uninstall and reinsall > office xp. There seems to be a problem with them and i just...

Palm V transfer of data
Got a new ppc Dell Axim x51v. Palm V only syncs to palm desktop software....this is my understanding. Any way to transfer all my data to outlook or to get it to the new ppc. -- thanx bll "b lea" <blea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88D6F2C5-341A-40D2-9EA0-D9F61F41877C@microsoft.com... > Got a new ppc Dell Axim x51v. Palm V only syncs to palm desktop > software....this is my understanding. Any way to transfer all my data to > outlook or to get it to the new ppc. > -- > thanx bll There is software but not having a Palm I can't tell...