Should closed accounts be temporarily "opened" before running Salv.exe?

I ran the salvage routine and noticed that repairs were not made to accounts
that were closed.  I have gone through the process of installing M04 then
retreating back to M02 a couple of times already in experimenting, and would
like to know if this condition would make a difference before embarking on
the procedure once more.  The corruption issue on my M02 open accounts is
nicely fixed, but crosslinks are broken and account balances still do not
match on closed accounts after running the salvage routine.  I only noticed
this problem after my last conversion.

Thanks for the feedback.

John

0
me4513 (10)
8/19/2003 9:01:51 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Mariner wrote:

>I ran the salvage routine and noticed that repairs were not made to accounts
>that were closed.  I have gone through the process of installing M04 then
>retreating back to M02 a couple of times already in experimenting, and would
>like to know if this condition would make a difference before embarking on
>the procedure once more.  The corruption issue on my M02 open accounts is
>nicely fixed, but crosslinks are broken and account balances still do not
>match on closed accounts after running the salvage routine.  I only noticed
>this problem after my last conversion.
>
>Thanks for the feedback.

here is a Google search that should/would find any discussion of
such a suggestion:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=closed.accounts+salv.exe++&num=50&as_scoring=r&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.money&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=19&as_maxm=8&as_maxy=2003&safe=images

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/19/2003 9:09:14 AM
It didn't matter.  The problem remained post salv routine either way.  Just
a follow-up.

"Mariner" <me@nospam.iam> wrote in message
> I ran the salvage routine and noticed that repairs were not made to
accounts
> that were closed.  I have gone through the process of installing M04 then
> retreating back to M02 a couple of times already in experimenting, and
would
> like to know if this condition would make a difference before embarking on
> the procedure once more.  The corruption issue on my M02 open accounts is
> nicely fixed, but crosslinks are broken and account balances still do not
> match on closed accounts after running the salvage routine.  I only
noticed
> this problem after my last conversion.
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> John

0
me4513 (10)

Office 2008 "Office Installer" could not be opened
Trying to install Office 2008... When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: The document �Office Installer� could not be opened. I'm on a MacBook Pro. I've never had problems installing programs before. This is new. Thanks for any help. On 2/26/08 2:03 PM, in article ee8edf5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Dags@officeformac.com" <Dags@officeformac.com> wrote: > Trying to install Office 2008... > > When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: > > The document �Office Installer� could ...

RMS should have a search strategy for "date account opened"
EOM ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0b38650c-32cb-40cb-8b52-e4aab95e11f9&dg=microsoft.public.pos you can do this with reports. "samax" <s...

text box loses link to cells whn re-opened
I'm using Excel 2000 with SR-1. I've linked some chart titles, combo boxes and text boxes to cells on other worksheets. Everything works fine, but when I save the file and reopen it, all the links have been lost. Does anyone have any ideas where it might be going wrong? PH ...

unlocked cells in excel 2000 now locked when opened in 2003 why?
An existing excel sheet prepared in excel 2000 is password protected, users allowed to select entries from validated lists in unlocked cells. Users with excel 2003 can see the validated lists but if they try to select an item, they are told that the sheet is protected and data cannot be entered. Looking at the settings, the unlocked cells in 2000 are now shown as locked in 2003. Is there a work round? Are you sure those cells are unlocked in xl2k? xl2003 is more stringent than xl2k. You could use data|validation in a locked cell in a protected sheet in xl2k. xl2003 won't let you....

"Explorer /select" to select file in already-opened window
Hi, I need to programatically select/highlight a file in Windows Explorer. "Explorer /select,x:\path\to\file" works if the folder window is NOT already open, but it has no effect if the folder window is already open. I would rather not use /n to open yet another new Explorer window of the same folder. Is it possible to select a file regardless of whether the folder window is already open? Is there a Windows API for it? Thanks. ...

The store was last opened on a different machine?
One of our users is having some Outlook 2007 (using Exchange 2003) issues where Outlook becomes unresponsive when it’s first opened and hangs for a few minutes… then suddenly starts working. I am seeing the following warning in event viewer: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is being reconciled with the indexer for the following reason: The store was last opened on a different machine. The only change the user has made recently is archiving some folders to pst files on to the network. Any idea what this warning ...

Signature appears in new mail opened from template
When I open a new mail from a form/template, my signature goes in AGAIN It wasn't doing this before I had to reinstall MS Office 2003. Can anyone help on turning off signatures appearing in new mail created from a template? Thank you -- Iridiu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Iridius's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=525 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187107687 See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/ol2003problems.htm#sp1 -- It was a = behavior change in SP1, with an associated registry value.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

opened product can't register
I just bought a HP iPAQ and It works great! The only problem is that it was an already opened item. Everything works great but the softwear. It came with Microsoft Outlook 2002 so I can sync some of my emails and data. Well turns out the previous owner installed Outlook 2002 so now it's saying that I can't register because i'm the 2nd one to try. I don't know what i should do. I'd think that microsoft could help me out here but i've tried going through the help circut and i keep getting cought up saying the product was "purchased under an Original Equ...

"You attempted to open a database that is already opened exlcusivl
Two days ago I deployed a split 2003 access database that is accessed by 20 users. Since going live with it I have noticed many people having trouble with hanging or crashing of the front end. When I try to open the back end I get the message "You attempted to open a database that is already opened exlcusively by user 'Admin' on machine 'Comptername'. Try again when teh database is available. Then I track down who the PC belongs to and check what is going on. What I find on all the PCs that have made the back end give this error is that the user starts adding...

Automatically chack messeges when opened
I am currently using Outlook 2000 and I want it to automatically check my messages as soon as I open it like Outlook Express would. If anyone knows how or if this can be done please let me know. Thanks Set your connection type to LAN. Configure an automatic Send/Receive interval. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Shane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20ec401c459e3$c598cbf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am currently using Outlook 2000 and I want it to > automatically check my messages as soon as I open it like > Outlook Express would. ...

Windows mail cannot be opened...
Ok I too am getting the error of Windows mail cannot be opened, (out of memory/ disk full) click ok and the 2nd popup appears.... "Windows mail couldn't be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized..... Ok have read many of the posts, so let me say this before Gary puts in his usual "It's your Antivirus" comment.... I run NIS (Norton internet security) I do manual updates and haven't in the last 2 days/ I have not down loaded and MS updates (I do those manually as well) Nothing has changed on my PC, yet today I started getting the same err...

Links to other sheets only work if the sheet is opened
When I link cels to another excel spreadsheet the links stay alive as long as the othe sheet is open. If not opened the cell consisting the link show #VALUE! How come ? Hi what is your exact formula -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Arnold de Lange wrote: > When I link cels to another excel spreadsheet the links stay alive as > long as the othe sheet is open. If not opened the cell consisting the > link show #VALUE! > How come ? Hi, Unlike Lotus, Excel only likes links when files are open. When creating the link, have source file open and select the cell to lin...

"message opened"
Is there any way to disable the exchange 2003 server to send "message opened" and "message delivery" mail out on the internet? //RO In Exchange 2000 it was possible, but you needed to write your own SMTP sink. I don't know if the feature is allready added to exchange 2003, but you might want to take a look at the following site: http://www.vamsoft.com/orf/howto-readreceipt.asp "Scotty44" <scotty44@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OPKD97EZEHA.3432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to disable the exchange 2003 server to send "mes...

opened outlook- inbox was cleaned out- HELP!!
When I opened Outlook Express today- my Inbox was empty. There should be 35 messages in there. The other folders are all still untouchesd nad the adress book looks okay. They are not in the deleted folder and when search is done tere are not results. Help. Tina ...

find out what processes have a file opened
How can I write a PowerShell script to find out what processes have a file opened? And can a script be written to forceably close out access to any process found to have a file open? (with a consequence sort of like losing network connectivity to an open remote file). - Larry Hello Larry__Weiss, > How can I write a PowerShell script to find out what processes have a > file opened? > > And can a script be written to forceably close out access to any > process found to have a file open? (with a consequence sort of like > losing network connectivity to a...

Toolbar created in Workbook to be available when file is opened
Q: How do I make the button in a toolbar available to all users? I have created a complicated Excel workbook. To ease the use I have created a toolbar with some buttons, which trigger a macro. When other users open the file, they do get the toolbar, but the toolbar is empty (= the buttons I have are not available although the macros, which the buttons are to call, are actually stored in the workbook. Kind regards Baldi hi, I had that problem too. I solved it by abandoning the icon and put command button on sheet. >-----Original Message----- >Q: How do I make the button in a toolba...

Messages opened/received
Hi, how do l set up my email, so that when l send an email, l know that it has been received/opened? Tools, Options, Receipts, "Request a read receipt for sent messages". However, depending on the recipient's settings, it may require some=20 sort of consent action on the recipient's part. Many people (myself included) have it configured to always ignore requests for a read = receipt. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "kapper" <kapper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Chinese Version mdb cannot be opened by Japanese Version
I use Chinese Version Access 2002 to develop a .mdb file, using 2000 format. However, the Japanese collegue cannot open it with his Japanese Version Access 2000. I tried my .mdb file in my Chinese collegue computer using Chinese Access 2000 version, OK, can open. So, I wonder that: Chinese version .mdb cannot be opened by Japanese microsoft office ! Is that so ? How can I solve this problem ? Thanks! Martin 2008-02-14 ...

Error when opening up file in Excel 2007, but not when opened with Excel 2002
I am getting the following message when I try to open up a .txt file that I renamed (using ren in command window) to a .xls file: "The file you are trying to open, 'file1.xls', is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?" I do not get this message when I open it with Excel 2002, but I do when I open it in Excel 2007. Is there any way to allow Excel 2007 to allow me to open the file without prompting me every time? Is there a way...

Attachments cannot be opened EXCEPT IN PREVIEW PANE
I am having a problem with opening attachments of all types. When I double click on the icon, I get a "File not found error". This error goes away if I open from the preview pane. ...

Outlook Faults out when other when mail is opened and other users Calendars are selected:
Hello all (especially MS) Got one that has me stumped here and I'd love to see some suggestions or possibly a confirmation that this is a bug of some kind: Got an end-user who manages the calendars of multiple executives. As such she has delegated access to all of their calendars. The Back-Office system is as follows: Active/Active/Passive Exchange 2003 SP2 Mail Server running on Windows 2003 SP1, along with 3 Front-End Servers (two SMTP and One OWA/OMA/ActiveSync Host). Client - Windows XP SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2, all updates pushed to system via WSUS. Basically Outlook Blows w...

Add timer when case opened
Hello, Is there any way to add a timer so that when the time that a case us being worked on can be monitored. We are looking for something that starts when the case is opened and when the case is saved, it adds the time spent to a field. Thanks Steven Steve, I recommend a different way than what you are asking for. The best way to handle this is to use activities (tasks, appointments, etc.) for the case. Then, when you resolve a case, CRM will automatically sum up the durations from all the activities (or at least the tasks) and add to a field on the Case Resolution entity. Also...

Have Hyperlinks to be in opened state in a report
I am a beginner at this using Access 2003. I am a newbie to access and I was wondering how I can show hyperlinked images opened in a report. I have viewed other threads and it seems possible, but I can not figure it out. I currently have a table with over 2000 records and up to 6 hyperlinked fields with images to each record along with other data. The reports will be based off querries for a few records at a time. Please help! I really need help with this one. This is what I've done: Added an Image control to the report. After I added and saved the image control, I've delete...

opened outlook express and on tools there is no email accountsto c

"Pack Package could not be opened"
I'm trying to reloald Pub 2002 on my PC after allowing our MIS department here work to rid my unit of the My Doom virus. They can't figure out what to do... When loading Pub from the original cds I get an error message "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it..." I didn't have this problem when I frist loaded the software (pre-MyDoom) and now I do. What gives? This is a complicated error, you are only the second poster with this problem that I have run across. This is the solution we came up with; ...