Share prices are no longer updating...haven't since 29/9

Any idea what has happened? The prices are no longer updating. I am from
Australia so all prixes are AU.

I checked on Moneycentral and it is the same.
0
Boxall (2)
10/4/2006 12:25:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"Wayne Boxall" <Wayne Boxall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any idea what has happened? The prices are no longer updating. I am from
> Australia so all prixes are AU.
>
> I checked on Moneycentral and it is the same.

Yeah they stopped. I dunno if it has anything to do with the change in the
ASX (see  http://www.comsec.com.au/public/news.aspx?id=770 )  I guess Money
central will eventually realise and fix the problem..  I notice that Yahoo
finance are showing the correct prices  (http://au.finance.yahoo.com/  ) so
it can't be too hard to fix.

Peter
Sydney

0
peter482 (15)
10/4/2006 8:25:52 AM
Reckon that is it.....wonder if anyone will ever notice that is my worry!

"peter" wrote:

> "Wayne Boxall" <Wayne Boxall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Any idea what has happened? The prices are no longer updating. I am from
> > Australia so all prixes are AU.
> >
> > I checked on Moneycentral and it is the same.
>
> Yeah they stopped. I dunno if it has anything to do with the change in the
> ASX (see  http://www.comsec.com.au/public/news.aspx?id=770 )  I guess Money
> central will eventually realise and fix the problem..  I notice that Yahoo
> finance are showing the correct prices  (http://au.finance.yahoo.com/  ) so
> it can't be too hard to fix.
>
> Peter
> Sydney

I am glad you submitted this Post.  It happened coincidently that on 2/10/06
I had to reformat my laptop and I have not been able to get this feature to
work since.  I assumed I had stuffed something up when I reloaded all of my
programs.  I guess we just sit tight and hope they fix it soon.

Cheers

Chickenlegs
Sydney

"Wayne Boxall" wrote:

> Reckon that is it.....wonder if anyone will ever notice that is my worry!
>
> "peter" wrote:
>

> > "Wayne Boxall" <Wayne Boxall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Any idea what has happened? The prices are no longer updating. I am from
> > > Australia so all prixes are AU.
> > >
> > > I checked on Moneycentral and it is the same.
> >
> > Yeah they stopped. I dunno if it has anything to do with the change in the
> > ASX (see  http://www.comsec.com.au/public/news.aspx?id=770 )  I guess Money
> > central will eventually realise and fix the problem..  I notice that Yahoo
> > finance are showing the correct prices  (http://au.finance.yahoo.com/  ) so
> > it can't be too hard to fix.
> >
> > Peter
> > Sydney

I've had this problem in the past, but am not having it now.  My share
prices are updating normally.

"Wayne Boxall" <Wayne Boxall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Any idea what has happened? The prices are no longer updating. I am from
> Australia so all prixes are AU.
>
> I checked on Moneycentral and it is the same.

0
Chleven (48)
10/4/2006 12:58:53 PM
I, too, have this problem. I'm running Money 2005. I thought that my
security was the problem, so I ran, hesitantly, unprotected and still
got an "unable to connect..." error after the update ran for over 10
minutes. I can connect fine, with either of my two main browsers
(Mozilla Firefox-default browser) and IE.

Does anyone have an idea where I could look for solutions. My portfolio
of small-caps is getting rather large for manual price entries.

Thanks

0
trcleary (2)
10/4/2006 7:03:12 PM
Looks like it is an AUSSIE only issue. We need to find away of alerting Money
Central that it is down. There is NO way I can do this manually. If it
doesn't come back soon I am going to have to jump ship to something else.

"tiptopcat" wrote:

> I, too, have this problem. I'm running Money 2005. I thought that my
> security was the problem, so I ran, hesitantly, unprotected and still
> got an "unable to connect..." error after the update ran for over 10
> minutes. I can connect fine, with either of my two main browsers
> (Mozilla Firefox-default browser) and IE.
>
> Does anyone have an idea where I could look for solutions. My portfolio
> of small-caps is getting rather large for manual price entries.
>
> Thanks

Commstock provide Moneycentral with the prices. I found an Aus contact:

Australia

1155 Malvern Road
Malvern Victoria 4144
Australia
Tel 1300 650 226 (Within Australia)
Tel + 61 3 9249 2000 (Outside Australia)
Fax + 61 3 9249 2001
Email: sales.asia@interactivedata.com

Phone was unsuccessful (left a voice mail) and I also emailed them.

I reckon the more people who contact them the better.
> Commstock provide Moneycentral with the prices. I found an Aus contact:
>
> Australia
>
> 1155 Malvern Road
> Malvern Victoria 4144
> Australia
> Tel 1300 650 226 (Within Australia)
> Tel + 61 3 9249 2000 (Outside Australia)
> Fax + 61 3 9249 2001
> Email: sales.asia@interactivedata.com
>
> Phone was unsuccessful (left a voice mail) and I also emailed them.
>
> I reckon the more people who contact them the better.

I emailed them..  We will see what happens

Peter
Sydney

0
peter482 (15)
10/5/2006 1:29:17 AM
"peter" <peter@junk.com.au> wrote in message

> "Wayne Boxall" <WayneBoxall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Commstock provide Moneycentral with the prices. I found an Aus contact:
>>
>> Australia
>>
>> 1155 Malvern Road
>> Malvern Victoria 4144
>> Australia
>> Tel 1300 650 226 (Within Australia)
>> Tel + 61 3 9249 2000 (Outside Australia)
>> Fax + 61 3 9249 2001
>> Email: sales.asia@interactivedata.com
>>
>> Phone was unsuccessful (left a voice mail) and I also emailed them.
>>
>> I reckon the more people who contact them the better.
>
> I emailed them..  We will see what happens
>
> Peter
> Sydney
the email bounced!  not a good sign

Sydney

0
peter482 (15)
10/5/2006 1:48:38 AM
My email got through and I got a reply! Looking good.

Dear Mr. Boxall,

I spoke with our Microsoft account manager in the US last night and he
informs me that MSN is aware of the issue.  They have a fix going into
production tomorrow night.  There were some recent changes in the ASX and
the Microsoft engineers were late in processing this new format.

I hope this helps clarify the issue.

Yours sincerely,

Bill

Brisbane
> My email got through and I got a reply! Looking good.
>
> Dear Mr. Boxall,
>
> I spoke with our Microsoft account manager in the US last night and he
> informs me that MSN is aware of the issue.  They have a fix going into
> production tomorrow night.  There were some recent changes in the ASX and
> the Microsoft engineers were late in processing this new format.
>
> I hope this helps clarify the issue.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Bill

Thanks for that Wayne, I wasn't looking forward to doing the updates
manually (not with 65 companies to update)  :-0
cheers

Peter

0
peter482 (15)
10/5/2006 4:29:22 AM
Thanks guys for looking into it and getting it all sorted.  I thought I was
going nuts.

"peter" wrote:

> "Wayne Boxall" <WayneBoxall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My email got through and I got a reply! Looking good.
> >
> > Dear Mr. Boxall,
> >
> > I spoke with our Microsoft account manager in the US last night and he
> > informs me that MSN is aware of the issue.  They have a fix going into
> > production tomorrow night.  There were some recent changes in the ASX and
> > the Microsoft engineers were late in processing this new format.
> >
> > I hope this helps clarify the issue.
> >
> > Yours sincerely,
> >
> > Bill
> >
> Thanks for that Wayne, I wasn't looking forward to doing the updates
> manually (not with 65 companies to update)  :-0
> cheers
>
> Peter

0
mark564 (750)
10/5/2006 9:42:01 AM
Although Aussies may have started this thread, it's not just an Aussie
issue. I live in the US of A and cannot get updates, either. I hope the
scheduled fix works! Like I said before, I've got a lot of stocks to
hand update if it doesn't. I'd hate to have to figure out the Excel
quote add-in and create a spreadsheet to get the information that Money
provides/provided so easily.

0
trcleary (2)
10/5/2006 10:56:51 AM
Hate to tell you but I think the fix is only for the ASX issue......but we
can all see.

> Hate to tell you but I think the fix is only for the ASX issue......but we
> can all see.

All fixed :-)    started working again with correct ASX quotes noon Friday
(AEST)

Peter
Sydney

0
peter482 (15)
10/6/2006 3:17:00 AM
Sure are.....something got fixed!!!

Now if only I could find out how to unlink an account to a wrong online
institution......not a big issue, but still a pain.

"peter" wrote:

> "Wayne Boxall" <WayneBoxall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hate to tell you but I think the fix is only for the ASX issue......but we
> > can all see.
> >

> All fixed :-)    started working again with correct ASX quotes noon Friday
> (AEST)
>
> Peter
> Sydney

Try on the correction update
--rxvxblmp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="iaolrohdbstd"; type="multipart/alternative" --iaolrohdbstd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mviesyha" --mviesyha Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerabilities, ...

Sharing Outlook Calendar
How do I share my Outlook Calendar amongst my co workers so we can see when we each have meetings and appointments? "CMillerPittsburgh" <CMillerPittsburgh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:504D17DC-8613-4DA8-868B-ED425D202DCB@microsoft.com... > How do I share my Outlook Calendar amongst my co workers so we can see when > we each have meetings and appointments? Are you using an Exchange server? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] CMillerPittsburgh wrote: >How do I share my Outlook Calendar amongst my co workers so we can see when >we...

RMS 2.0 Item Price changing to 0.00 when invoicing after installing SP1
I just upgraded my shop to SP1 and now some Workorders are having the item price changing to $0.00 after you start tendering the order. If you cancel out of the tender and change the price, give an override reason code and then tender again it works OK. This is not happening for all Workorders. Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions? Thanks, TomT I have this problem also since installing SP1. This also happens if the WO is changed by adding a line item or changing the shipping address. Also, the line item prices of any RTD items have changed showing that they were priced at a d...

spreadsheet #9
I want to create a workbook. Then I want to freeze that workbook so that it can not be changed. I want people to open it, and do a save as and name that workbook something else. Then, I want the new workbook to be fully editable. Is this possible? Dan Sounds as though you want to save your file as a Template. Excel knows to open a copy of template files, not the file itself. If the template is named DansTemplate.xlt and a user opens it, they'll see a new workbook named DansTemplate1 Look at 'Create a template' in the help file "Dan Danes" wrote: > I ...

Discount / Sold price report
Hi All, Can anyone give me an HQ report which is basicaly the detailed sales report which shows the Sold price, the amount of discount (i.e. difference between the item.price and sold price) and the reason code that was entered at the time of discount? Thanks v much! Phil I have created such a SQL report that runs nightly ... feel free to contact me directly at sbinder@venus.com and I will be happy to share. "Philip Gass" wrote: > Hi All, > > Can anyone give me an HQ report which is basicaly the detailed sales report > which shows the Sold price, the amount...

Spell Check in Protected Worksheet & Shared Workbook
I have successfully used the code from a previous discussion post to activate the spell check function in a protected worksheet. However when I share the workbook and run the macro the error: "400" appears. When I go to the Help option the help screen is blank. Does anyone have any idea how I can use the spell check in a protected worksheet within a shared workbook? The code used from the previous discussion is shown below. Many thanks Dave Cats Requires VBA to unprotect the sheet, do the spellcheck then reprotect the sheet. Similar to....... Sub Spell_Check() ActiveS...

ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS PRO V6.5 and tutorials, After Effects Plugins Collection (WINMAC), updated 28/Aug/2005
ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS PRO V6.5 and tutorials, After Effects Plugins Collection (WINMAC), updated 28/Aug/2005 buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, ------------------------------------------------------------- Adobe After Effects Pro 6.5 CD NR 15 752 IMAGE LIBRARY VIDEO TEXTURE EFFECTS (c) ADOBE CD NR 13 867 TOTAL TRAINING WHATS NEW IN AFTER EFFECTS 6.5 PART2 [3 CDs] CD NR 16 036 2005/08/14 Total.Training.Adobe.After.Effects.6.5.Pro-The.Fundamentals.I&II.DVDrip 4CD 2005/08/14 Total.Training.Adobe.After.E...

Extended Pricing information on SOP Reports
Would like to have Extended Pricing information on SOP Reports. For example, if I have a discount and a promotion, I would like the Item to print with the List Price, then the discount amount below the List price, then the promotion amount below the discount amount, and then finally the actual price below the promotion amount. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open...

how to automatically update a cell value?
I have a data table in Excel as follows: Month Percent Jan 2% Feb 7% Mar 4% Apr May Jun I would like to have a separate cell (i.e. Cell X) that will automatically update with the latest value from the data column. In the above example, the Cell X value would be 4%, but if I add additional data to the column, such as 9% in April, the Cell X value would show 9%. How do I create a formula for this? One way, in cell x put =INDEX(B:B,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,B:B)) where column B holds the percentage, format x as percentage -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for e...

need your help. 06-29-10
Hi all, If you have two same weight(preference) MX records, will inbound emails load-balance each other? if one fails, will it relay mails to the second one? If you have two smart hosts on the connector, will it automatically load-balance each other? thank you. On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:43:20 -0700, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If you have two same weight(preference) MX records, will inbound emails >load-balance each other? That depends on the DNS and the resolver. If DNS uses "round-robin" the answer would be "probably", but...

Spell Check states no longer offered for this language. Does anyone know how I can get spell check?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01CB285B.1005C660 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0046_01CB285B.1005C660" ------=_NextPart_001_0046_01CB285B.1005C660 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ------=_NextPart_001_0046_01CB285B.1005C660 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML>...

[newbie]Sharing outlook
Hello I have a workgroup "MSHOME3 with 3 PCs running on XP and one on Vista all versions are for "familly" I don't know what to do I have read something about exchange but I don't find it in xp or vista and what to do with? I thank you in advance Patrick I've just been investigating this myself. Have you looked at OsaSync, http://www.vaita.com/index.asp The lite version allows up to four computers to share contacts and is free. The Pro version allows much more. Exchange is not viable for home use. Joy "ratoso" <patartaud@wanadoo.fr> wrote in...

IMFv2 filter update failing on install
I received the update in my Microsoft Update this morning, but when i try to install it, it fails with this error: Error Code: 0x80244022 Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following resources. This is a windows exchange 2003 standard server with sp2 running on a windows 2003 standard server with sp1. It's a front end server (which handles my smtp, passing everything back to my BE server, which is an enterprise exchange 2003 and enterprise windows 2003 server). I have the IMF turned on, the registry entries have been created. I did use to use IM...

Offline Address Book not updating.
MY Offline Address Book has stopped updating. I have installed nothing new on this server, except Windows Updates. This server is not an AD server and only functions as an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server. When I go into the ESM, then go to Offline Address Lists, right click on my Offline Address Book, then select Rebuild, I get a message that pops up stating: "MAPI or an unspecified service provider ID no: 00000000-0000-00000000 ID no: c1050000 Exchange System Manager" On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 07:45:27 -0800, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >MY Off...

SBS 2008 and Exchange Rollup 9
I have a SBS 2008, Exchange SP2. We are having the well known issue of Outlook 2007 clients getting that annoying Username/Password prompt about every 15 min. or so. I have resolved this in the past by installing the "Exchange Rollup 9" update. According to Microsoft's website, this patch is for Exchange 2007 SP1. We have Exchange 2007 SP2. Does anyone know if applying this patch will cause harm, or will this work on SP2? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01CB4441.F1D8EE80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=&...

Stock price alerts not working
Hi- I had a price alert set for a stock when it reached a low of $36. Today it closed at $35.95 and I didn't see anything to tell me this. It worked before but I am not sure what is wrong now. I am using Money 2005. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks- -Dan ...

GP 9.0 on SQL 2008
MBS has said GP 10 is supported on SQL Server 2008. However there is no information on support for GP 9.0 on SQL 2008. Does anyone have any real-world experience running GP 9.0 on SQL 2008 in a production environment? Thanks, John Dynamics GP 9.0 is not supported on Microsoft SQL Server 2008. This is an excerpt from the System Requirements page. Database Requirements: MSDE 2000 SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Workgroup Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (64-bit) SP 4 Microsoft SQL Serve...

sharing .pst files using the Briefcase
I want to share .pst files using the briefcase, but unfortunately this doesn't work properly. The pst file I'm delivering emails to is displayed incorrectly on the computer using the Briefcase. The only folders displayed are the default Contacts, Inbox, Sent Items, etc - I can't see the other folders I created. The folders are displayed correctly on the computer where the original pst is stored. The pst files are equal in size. I attempted to research the problem using the Microsoft Knowledgebase but unfortunately the relevant article (294759) has been removed for an unspecifie...

Check this update
--bxedmallcmvwsdaw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="niiqhwgkej"; type="multipart/alternative" --niiqhwgkej Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bvictdhlxmshrrhq" --bvictdhlxmshrrhq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "December 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your com...

update links
Hi I have big problem with update links in excel file When I'm opening excel file I click button "don't update links" (I need 'old data') but I still get fields with "#ARG!" Why ? and how can I resolve this problem. Thanks for help I bet #ARG! translates to #Ref! in English. If I'm correct: xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous versions. In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links prompt, the existing values are kept. In xl2002+, you get those errors. Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:...

Problem removing shares in Money 2001
When I try to remove all the shares of a mutual fund investment, I get a message that says doing so will cause a negative balance at some point, and advises me to arrange the transactions so this doesn't happen. Obviously removing all shares would bring the balance to zero, but I don't see why it would ever go negative. The same message appears whether I try to confirm a downloaded transaction, or try to do the transaction manually. Nothing I try to work around this seems to work. Anyone have a solution, or a clue as to why it is happening? Many thanks. Sometimes rounding errors acc...

Outlook Client Auto Update Permissions #2
Can the Outlook Client Auto Update be run by users without administrative permissions? ...

GP8 - Extended Pricing
Hello. We are using GP8 and we use the extended pricing module. I have an empty price book that I want to delete, but I get an error sayingI must remove all associated price sheets first. I could go directly to the table (SOP10205) and delete the record, but I would prefer that the delete key work. Has anyone else had this problem and do you know what might cause it? addendum ... I forgot to mention ... this is not an isolated incident ... I have never been able to successfully delete a price book thru GP. Is it me or is it ... Merci, Maria. "Maria" wrote: > Hello. > We...

Password Problem #9
I continioulsy get a popup that says "Enter Network Password" the box show my server, username and password. this box pop up every few seconds. My intenet provider (TimeWarner) says this is an Outlook problem. does anyone have a solution? Thanks -- MikeM "MikeM" <MikeM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27BD7829-84BD-44BD-9114-3FF4D453BD72@microsoft.com... > I continioulsy get a popup that says "Enter Network Password" the box > show > my server, username and password. > > this box pop up every few seconds. My inten...

Programmatic Maintenance Plan Update SQL 2008
Hi, In SQL 2008 Maintenance Plans, most of the Tasks have a "Databases:" drop down where there is an "Ignore databases where the state is not online" option. That is very useful when one wishes to use options like "All databases" or "All user databases." However, I have a lot of read-only databases, and tasks like Rebuild Index and Update Statistics don't fare so well in read-only databases. So I'm stuck having to use the painful route of "These databases." (for those of you with SQL Server Connect access, see: ht...