Setting up online services for multiple accounts at same bank

I'm having trouble establishing automatic updates for multiple accounts at
the same bank.  Specifically, I can't seem to automatically download
transactions for my credit and my wife's credit both held with MBNA.  I can
set one up just fine, but Money doesn't seem to let me set the second one up.
 At least not intuitively.

Any ideas?  Thanks
0
phudrick (2)
8/3/2005 3:32:11 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, phudrick wrote:

>I'm having trouble establishing automatic updates for multiple accounts at
>the same bank.  Specifically, I can't seem to automatically download
>transactions for my credit and my wife's credit both held with MBNA.  I can
>set one up just fine, but Money doesn't seem to let me set the second one up.
> At least not intuitively.
>
>Any ideas?

What program are you using?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/3/2005 4:14:52 AM
Oops.  I'm using Money 2005 Premium.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, phudrick wrote:
>
> >I'm having trouble establishing automatic updates for multiple accounts at
> >the same bank.  Specifically, I can't seem to automatically download
> >transactions for my credit and my wife's credit both held with MBNA.  I can
> >set one up just fine, but Money doesn't seem to let me set the second one up.
> > At least not intuitively.
> >
> >Any ideas?
>
> What program are you using?

0
phudrick (2)
8/4/2005 3:08:01 AM
I am able to setup multiple accounts at the same bank(s).  I have two
accounts from my credit union with different login names. I did this
with Money 2005 deluxe, but now I am using Money 2006 Premium.

When I set up a new account at my bank where I already had another
account, I went to File/New Account. When asked for the bank name, I
selected my bank (same as the other account). I then get a message
"Money is already tracking accounts at this bank. Does this account use
one of the following username and passwords?" When I click No, it lets
me enter different username and passwords for this account. The account
is listed separately in the Update Now and Customize Updates windows.

I also have an MBNA credit card account. So I tried to set up a new
account for MBNA, using File/New Account/select Credit Card/select MBNA
Credit Card, I get the following messages Yes, the new account has the
same signin information or No, the new account has different signin
information. If  you mark you need different signin information, then
you will be allowed to create a different account with different
passwords.

Lori

0
rhodesbiz (125)
8/4/2005 4:31:05 AM
Hi Lori,
Thanks for the reply.  I'm not having a problem setting up multiple accounts
from the same bank.  What I'm having trouble doing is then setting up online
services (automatic updates) at those two separate accounts at the same bank.
 Money will automatically sync wtih MBNA, but it only downloads new
transactions on one of the accounts.  I can't seem to get it to do that for
both accounts.

Patrick

"Lori" wrote:

> I am able to setup multiple accounts at the same bank(s).  I have two
> accounts from my credit union with different login names. I did this
> with Money 2005 deluxe, but now I am using Money 2006 Premium.
>
> When I set up a new account at my bank where I already had another
> account, I went to File/New Account. When asked for the bank name, I
> selected my bank (same as the other account). I then get a message
> "Money is already tracking accounts at this bank. Does this account use
> one of the following username and passwords?" When I click No, it lets
> me enter different username and passwords for this account. The account
> is listed separately in the Update Now and Customize Updates windows.
>
> I also have an MBNA credit card account. So I tried to set up a new
> account for MBNA, using File/New Account/select Credit Card/select MBNA
> Credit Card, I get the following messages Yes, the new account has the
> same signin information or No, the new account has different signin
> information. If  you mark you need different signin information, then
> you will be allowed to create a different account with different
> passwords.
>
> Lori

0
Patrick2861 (490)
8/4/2005 6:54:59 PM
Patrick,
What I hear you saying is that BOTH accounts are accessible on the same
website with the one username and password. But when you update, only one of
the accounts seem to update.  I have also two MBNA accounts on the same
website with the one username and password. (As opposed to my Credit Union
accounts, which are on two different websites, so I have two different
logins.)

When I Update Now, both of my MBNA accounts are downloaded.

Is it possible that you have another account that MBNA has downloaded and
created?  Sometimes a bank will not recognize the correct account in Money
and create a new account. And when you look at the original account, nothing
has been downloaded there. Then after you find the newly created account and
merge them, the new account will match to your original account.  They become
one account and you would then get the downloads.

This new account could be hidden, so make sure you uncheck "Hide Closed
Accounts" and look there. It could be a generic kind of account such as
"Credit Card Account" or something like that that you would not recognize as
the MBNA account.

Even if  NEITHER account was listed in your Account Lists and you connected
to MBNA bank with the correct username and password, then all the accounts
from that website would be created in your Account List.

Lori

"Patrick" wrote:

> Hi Lori,
> Thanks for the reply.  I'm not having a problem setting up multiple accounts
> from the same bank.  What I'm having trouble doing is then setting up online
> services (automatic updates) at those two separate accounts at the same bank.
>  Money will automatically sync wtih MBNA, but it only downloads new
> transactions on one of the accounts.  I can't seem to get it to do that for
> both accounts.
>
> Patrick
>
> "Lori" wrote:
>
> > I am able to setup multiple accounts at the same bank(s).  I have two
> > accounts from my credit union with different login names. I did this
> > with Money 2005 deluxe, but now I am using Money 2006 Premium.
> >
> > When I set up a new account at my bank where I already had another
> > account, I went to File/New Account. When asked for the bank name, I
> > selected my bank (same as the other account). I then get a message
> > "Money is already tracking accounts at this bank. Does this account use
> > one of the following username and passwords?" When I click No, it lets
> > me enter different username and passwords for this account. The account
> > is listed separately in the Update Now and Customize Updates windows.
> >
> > I also have an MBNA credit card account. So I tried to set up a new
> > account for MBNA, using File/New Account/select Credit Card/select MBNA
> > Credit Card, I get the following messages Yes, the new account has the
> > same signin information or No, the new account has different signin
> > information. If  you mark you need different signin information, then
> > you will be allowed to create a different account with different
> > passwords.
> >
> > Lori

Page break in normal view set at startup
Excel 2003. Is it possible to have Excel with Tool/Options/View/Page Break always set at startup. Hi Stephen, try adding the following VBA code to the workbook Code: -------------------- Sub Auto_Open() ActiveSheet.DisplayAutomaticPageBreaks = True End Sub -------------------- HTH Art -- HiArt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HiArt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19953 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=402065 Do you mean for a particular workbook or f...

multiple copies of mail
Hi! After reinstalling XP and outlook 2002, I have started to get 2-5 copies of mail (not every mail). This wasn�t a problem before (when I used outlook 2000). Any ideas where to start looking? Tommy "tomppa" <tofors99@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%235CQZ6mwDHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > After reinstalling XP and outlook 2002, I have started to get 2-5 copies of > mail (not every mail). This wasn�t a problem before (when I used outlook > 2000). > > Any ideas where to start looking? > > Tommy > > If you get as ...

multiple nested gridviews
I have a parent gridview that has a child gridview and both work fine. It is when I add a second nested gridview (grandchild) that seems to break the expand collapse. So I thought I would seek advice from the group. All the information for all the gridviews comes from the same table, CR. The parent gridview shows all open change requests (parent, child, grandchild, ..) from the CR table. Child gridview (level2) comes from a view of the CR table with an alias for the ID. Grandchild gridview (level3) comes from another view with a different alias for the ID. All the gridview...

.Net passport account and MSN Money website
I am attempting to start over with my money account because of problems converting to 2005. When I link the account to my passport account it brings all the old recurring transactions to the new account and they are WAY old. Is there any way to clean them from the MSN money website before I associate my .net account with my money file?. When I go out to moneycentral to view my reccurring bills and deposits nothing is listed. Thanks for any help. This is supposed to be accomplished by resetting the data. Log in to the Passport you want to clean out and then go to https://moneycentr...

Need to separate multiple numbers in one cell
I have multiple number in one cell and i need to somehow put each number into one separate cell for each number: I have : column A row1 2 5 8 10 I want: column B column C column D column E row1 2 5 8 10 How do I do it on Excel 2007? thanks EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Map Stored Procedure Output To Class Properties http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/2853a1aa-5db7-40d0-9cde-46847fa770ef/map-stored-procedure-outp.aspx Hi, Use Data > Text to columns and specify the delimiter as space ...

Set Outlook today as default
Hi, When I launch Outlook 2003, I first wanna see Outlook-Today... How do I set it first showed? Thanx alot! -- roN www.rideon.ch Press the Customize Outlook Today button on the Outlook Today screen and set the startup Option. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Ron Eggler" <NOspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c73k4n$hma07$1@ID-113864.news.uni-b...

I can't set up Outlook in Office 2007
Office Small Business 2007 came installed on my new computer. When I try to use Outlook, it starts to configure, and then I get a message that "Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or..." It then takes me to a menu "Microsoft Exchange" with a General tab asking for Name of Server and then Mailbox Name. I have no idea what to enter. So I'm stuck. Furthermore, it's important that I synch with my BlackBerry but it has to be done through Outlook, and that's impossible this way. PLEASE HELP! -- A moderately expert us...

Validation Rule for IBAN Account number in MS Access Form field
Hi, In my table (and the form field linked to it) I have a field for the IBAN account number, which must be 2 Upper case characters A to Z, followed by 18 manadatory digits, and up to 28 total. So in my input mask I have this: >LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;; and it works fine. But when the user enters less than 20 characters total (including the two letters at the start and at least 18 digits) Access gives a very unfriendly ''The value you entered isn't appropriate for the input mask '>LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;;' specified for thi...

Adding data from multiple cell and linking to a new worksheet
I have data in a sheet with names and amounts due. Like A 500 B 300 A 600 B 300 C 400 C 200 There is a second sheet named summary. I want the totals of each person to appear in the summary sheet. These should be linked cells and any change in data in sheet 1 should be updtaed automatically Create a PivotTable http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Rashmi" <Rashmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56DC0F3A-8D60-4FE2-B778-3A07790EFE8A@microsoft.com... >I have data in a sheet wi...

discover card: online service not available
I'm currently setting up Money 2000 on my laptop. I tried setting up online services for my Discover card account and Money is telling me the service isn't available. However, the Discover site tells me I can only initiate the download from within Money. Anyone else had this problem? How do I rectify? I don't want to manually enter my previous transactions. sorry everyone, I finally found the answer to my problem. I just rephrased my search on the support page. Thanks anyway!! >-----Original Message----- >I'm currently setting up Money 2000 on my laptop. ...

Account totals missing in Portfolio Manager after switch to Money
When I switched from Money 2005 to Money 2006, somr of my investments no longer have a Total Account Value. The line is just blank. This leads to an incorrect total at the bottom of the page. How can I get Money to calculate the totals accurately? ...

XSD One Multiple element question
Hi, I am trying to define a Key element for a vehicle schema. I have three ways to uniquely identify a vehicle such as URN, UnitID and Vin. I'd like to make a rule that ensures that at least one of the three is present, but 2 or all 3 can be present. I tried something like below, but it does not seem valid. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone may be able to provide. Portion of schema is posted below. Hopefully it gives some idea as to what I am trying to accomplish. Best regards, Victor <xs:complexType name="VehKeyType"> <xs:choice> <xs:seq...

CRM 4.0
Hi! We have just made a migration from CRM 3.0 to 4.0, and everything went well, except one thing - field Resources is disabled (like it's in read-only mode, but it's not!), and we can't find the way to enable it... Any suggestions....? Best regards, Ivica I'm sure this is a bug - we had it on the fax entity with "to" - Team please take note I modifed the xml - after i look ed at a clean xml to see the diffence Pete "Ivica Ivancic" <ivica.ivancic@infinitas.hr> wrote in message news:5534F8F2-930B-45F1-A503-4D4DBA092E0F@microsoft.com....

Setting Hyperlink base
Is it possible to set the hyperlink base in VBA? How would I go about it? Thanks, John ...

Add E-mail Account
I am completely new at this and I need some help! I am trying to add an email account to Outlook. Our company uses SBC Global. I go to Accounts and click add and follow the steps. But it doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help me?! Thank you! Did you check how others in your office have their email accounts set up? You can also check the SBC Global website to see how they advise you to set it up (server names, etc.). -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Stefanie" wrote: > I am completely new a...

Open File Dialog
In a database I use an Open File Dialog to open multiple files using an Array and then I use the Array to populate a list and process it. This works great, until I select over 7 files, at which point the array remains empty without the error handler triggering. Is there a logical reason and/or solution for this? Further research indicates that when the number exceeds 7 the following line starts giving a False instead of a True: aht_apiGetOpenFileName(OFN) ...

money upgrade problem with online services.
I just upgraded to Money 2005 Deluxe trial version and I can't get my accounts to work online. I go to manage online services and i click set up online services, choose the account type, select the bank, then it gives me the add a new account screen (which actually adds another account, instead of adding services to my existing account). If i try to follow through with actually putting the info in...it just hangs forever and then it fails. ...

Set filter in subreport
I have a report that has a group section. In the group header section I have a subreport where I want to generate cumulative data of the records that have been grouped. The cumulative data is extracted from a related table that has a one to many relationship to the data in the main table. Is there a way to pass a filter from a parent report to the subreport? I get the error: Run-time error '2101: The setting you entered isn't valid for this property. The code is: Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim FormQuery As Form Debug.Print "Report_open: " + Me.Name ...

setting dates in a timeline
I am using Excel 2003. I have created a timeline, and but when I try to format the x-axis for the months and years of my daughter's life, I get her birth year twice, and the final year of the timeline twice. Also- the data appears on the timeline 1 year behind the legend. Can you tell me how to set the formatting to get mm/yy? What does your data look like, and what kind of chart is it? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "suzie marie" <suziemarie@discussions.mi...

same stock, multible accounts
I have the same stock in more then one account but money 2006 will nt let me reuse the symble -- Good Luck and God Bless See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=59. "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9EACE5F-DCCD-4D83-98A5-D10B2DD2B310@microsoft.com... >I have the same stock in more then one account but money 2006 will nt let >me > reuse the symble ...

Help with referencing multiple sheets in formulas
Greetings Xcellers I have a workbook with 32 sheets, The first sheet is a month summary and the other 31 sheets are for each day of the month. The sheets are names month,1,2,3..31 I need to copy information from the daily sheets to create a summary on the month sheet like follows A B 1 Day Turnover ..... 2 1 ='1'!E7 3 2 ='2'!E7 4 3 ... 5 5 ='5'!E7 Is there a way to substitute the sheet name from the column Day instead of manually having to enter each formula. There will be a number of columns and I have a number of similar workbooks to make. IE for B2 a formula l...

Business Cards VIEW SETTING- Mail Merge
I would like to print this view onto a lable paper for mailing. Ideas? 1. I have the company logos attached as pictures to the outlook card. 2. I want to print th pictures along with the addresses in a mail merge. hope somebody has a suggestion. outlook 2007 ...

Multiple Redo
The dropdown for Undo still exists, so I can undo dozens of actions at a time. However, the dropdown for Redo has been eliminated . Is there some way to restore this feature (which seems a rather obvious complement to multiple Undo)? Try "Ctrl+Shift+Backspace" "joeb" wrote: > The dropdown for Undo still exists, so I can undo dozens of actions at a > time. However, the dropdown for Redo has been eliminated . Is there some > way to restore this feature (which seems a rather obvious complement to > multiple Undo)? Sorry! Should have s...

Multiple currencies in budget
I use Money 2002 Deluxe and Business. I have two accounts that are in Japanese yen. In all other areas of Money they are converting to my BASE currency (Canadian $) no problem. When I view my budget planner these accounts and reoccuring bills are still being shown as Japanese yen, but being used like CAD$. When I edit the budget these numbers are being shown converted to CAD$ and look fine. The budget planner is showing that I have budgeted 100s of thousands of dollars each month (I wish!) Can anyone help with figuring out why the numbers are being shown converted in one part of...

Excel 2007 formula, multiple reference range
Help. I am collating data from 6 facilities. I have one worksheet with 7 pages. The first is a summary of all data. The other 6 have individual data for each facility. On the summary page, I need a total number, pulled from all 6 facilities. On the facility detail pages, I have summed the occurrences in that facility. Now, I need a formula that will let me get a grand total. For example: pg 1 B5 needs to have the total from: pg2 K5:K100 if J5:J100 = pg1A5 plus pg3 K5:K100 if J5:J100 = pg1A5 plus pg4 K5:K100 if J5:J100 = pg1A5 plus pg5 SAA plus pg 6 SAA plus pg 7 SAA The reason w...