Setting Up Discover Card Account

I'm trying to figure out how to set up my Discover Card account to download
monthly statements.  I've been able to do this with every other credit card
but not this one.  Does someone have a simple step by step process?

Do I have to enter the credit card account number?
0
MarkB (26)
4/5/2009 3:58:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Mark B wrote:

>I'm trying to figure out how to set up my Discover Card account to download
>monthly statements.  I've been able to do this with every other credit card
>but not this one.  Does someone have a simple step by step process?

I forget; it's been a while. I think you first have to set up login
at http://www.discovercard.com/

Make sure you can log in there.

Go to AccountList->AddNewAccount if you have not done so already.

ManageOnlineServices. Set up online service for the account.

OK, not too step by step, but let us know at what point you get
stuck.

>Do I have to enter the credit card account number?

I think you have the option of using the card number or a name you
set up on the above web site.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/5/2009 5:34:03 AM
I have online access to my discover card account and can download the
statements to PDF or excel or csv file.  But the only thing it has for Money
download are instructions which are pretty worthless...much like MS Money's
instructions.

I've set up the account in Money.  I went to online service and filled in
all of the blanks.  Then when I go to the account and try to connect, it
opens up the discover card login page.  I then login to my account.  But
that's the end of it.  There is nothing available to download the statements
and nothing happens.

I'm frustrated with it as the "Help" within Money doesn't do anything.
Guess I'll need to call India and see what the customer support says.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Mark B wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to figure out how to set up my Discover Card account to download
> >monthly statements.  I've been able to do this with every other credit card
> >but not this one.  Does someone have a simple step by step process?
>
> I forget; it's been a while. I think you first have to set up login
> at http://www.discovercard.com/
>
> Make sure you can log in there.
>
> Go to AccountList->AddNewAccount if you have not done so already.
>
> ManageOnlineServices. Set up online service for the account.
>
> OK, not too step by step, but let us know at what point you get
> stuck.
>

> >Do I have to enter the credit card account number?
>
> I think you have the option of using the card number or a name you
> set up on the above web site.

0
MarkB (26)
4/6/2009 12:47:01 PM
Mark B wrote:
> I have online access to my discover card account and can download the
> statements to PDF or excel or csv file.  But the only thing it has
> for Money download are instructions which are pretty worthless...much
> like MS Money's instructions.
>
> I've set up the account in Money.  I went to online service and
> filled in all of the blanks.  Then when I go to the account and try
> to connect, it opens up the discover card login page.  I then login
> to my account.  But that's the end of it.  There is nothing available
> to download the statements and nothing happens.
>
> I'm frustrated with it as the "Help" within Money doesn't do anything.
> Guess I'll need to call India and see what the customer support says.

From the Discover Care web site:

How do I retrieve my transactions using Microsoft Money 99 and higher?
The first step is to register with the Account Center if you have not
already. Next, open Money and set up your Discover Card account. Then, go
to the "Accounts and Bills" menu, and select your Discover Card. Finally,
from the "Tools" menu, select "Connect to Online Services" while in the
Microsoft Money software to retrieve your Discover Card transactions.

Setting Up Online Services
The information below will help you set up your accounts in Microsoft
Money. Please enter all numbers without spaces or dashes.

Account Type = Credit Card
Customer ID = Your Account Center User ID
PIN/Password = Your Account Center Password

Remember, in order to retrieve your Discover Card transactions, you must
initiate the process from within Microsoft Money and the version must be
99 and higher.

The first time you download, you'll receive the last 12 months of
statement data. After that, each time you retrieve your Discover Card
transactions, Microsoft Money will be updated from the last time you
retrieved information until the present.

If you need additional assistance setting up Microsoft Money versions 99
and higher, you can call Microsoft at 1-425-454-2030 or visit their
Technical Support Web site.

When I tried to download my transactions into Microsoft Money, the
download failed and I received an error message stating my account number
had changed. What should I do?
As part of a recent systems upgrade, Discover Card has issued new cards
with new account numbers to some cardmembers. Follow the instructions
below to fix the error and begin downloading transactions from your new
Discover Card account into your existing account in Microsoft Money.

  1.. Log in to the Account Center at Discover.com so we can automatically
transfer your existing account preferences to your new account number,
including the ability to download your transactions into Money.

  If you have been using your 16-digit account number to access your
account, you will be prompted to create a user ID. If you already have a
user ID, your existing user ID will be displayed. In either case, please
note your user ID, as you will need it to update your Discover Card
account in Money.
  2.. Launch Money.
  3.. Update your Discover Card account in Money, download transactions
from your new Discover Card account, and finally merge your new and
existing accounts. Please refer to the detailed instructions below:
  Microsoft Money 2006-Plus for Windows (PDF)

Why don't my monthly finance charges appear in my Quicken and Microsoft
Money transactions?
Currently, monthly finance charges are calculated as part of your Current
Balance but do not download from the server in the list of retrieve
transactions. You may, however, manually enter finance charges into your
Quicken or Money register if you wish to keep track of them as a separate
line item.

--

John Pollard

0
invalid460 (432)
4/6/2009 1:53:49 PM
Thanks John.  Those are the instructions from the Discover Card site and they
don't correspond to any of the screens on MS Money 2006.  I've called MS but
unfortunately they no longer support Money 2006 so I'm pretty much screwed
unless someone on here has figured this one out.  I have 6 credit cards set
up in Money and every one of them work except the Discover Card.
AAARRRRGGGHHHHH

"John Pollard" wrote:

> [...]
> user ID, your existing user ID will be displayed. In either case, please
> note your user ID, as you will need it to update your Discover Card
> account in Money.
>   2.. Launch Money.
>   3.. Update your Discover Card account in Money, download transactions
> from your new Discover Card account, and finally merge your new and
> existing accounts. Please refer to the detailed instructions below:
>   Microsoft Money 2006-Plus for Windows (PDF)
>

> Why don't my monthly finance charges appear in my Quicken and Microsoft
> Money transactions?
> Currently, monthly finance charges are calculated as part of your Current
> Balance but do not download from the server in the list of retrieve
> transactions. You may, however, manually enter finance charges into your
> Quicken or Money register if you wish to keep track of them as a separate

0
MarkB (26)

Query Help : accounts which are not members of existing marketing list
Hey all, I have few marketing lists and having lot of accounts as members . Now i am interested to make a new marketing list with new members , which are not member of any of existing marketing list. Is there any way to see which accounts are not member of existing marketing list ? Thanks Aami Sure AAmi, Not within CRM but you can run this in the SQL Query Analyzer to find them: select * from accountbase A left join ListMemberBase L on A.accountid = L.entityID where L.entityID is null HTH, Dave Aami wrote: > Hey all, > > I have few marketing lists and having lot of accounts...

Underlying Connection was Closed when opening System Settings
I've seen a couple of threads on "Underlying Connection was Closed" when opening System Settings. I just found a solution not mentioned in those posts and thought I would add to the knowledge base. System Settings requires a connection to Microsoft SQL Reporting Server (SRS). If your SRS server is down or offline the above error will be displayed. Zack Jones Chief Architect Q1 Technology ...

changing accounts for sent emails
I am using Outlook 2000 with my laptop. I receive and send email from two differents accounts. One is for work, the other is for personal email. The default send is for the work account. I know to change the send account using the options choice on the toolbar, however, I frequently forget to do that. Is there a way to either: 1) display the name of the from: account when composing the email (which I usually do with Microsoft Word) so that I can more easily remember to change the account or 2) associate some contacts preferentially with the non-default account (i.e. have one default accou...

Try Catch to Pinpoint Set-Based Error?
SQL 2008. I have a fairly simple Merge statement with this: When Not Matched Then Insert Values ( ... long column list ... cast( crazyCol1 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) , cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) ) The insert source is about 50,000 rows. One of the rows is failing the cast (original source is varchar(36). I would like to implement a try/catch block around this somehow so I can catch the offending row. How can I do that? Thanks. SnapDive (...

IRA Account
How do you set up an IRA account in Money 2005 Small Business? I can't download my information from TIAA-CREF. In microsoft.public.money, BARBARA KOCH <BARBARA KOCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do you set up an IRA account in Money 2005 Small Business? AccountList->AddANewAccount > I can't >download my information from TIAA-CREF. They don't seem to be on the list. ...

Multiple POP accounts in Outlook 2003
Hello, I have multiple POP accounts on my Outlook 2003 client. How do i setup Outlook to save mail from the multiple POP accounts to different folders so that it makes it easier for me to sort out my mail? TIA! //j you'll need to use rules... or use search folders configured for each account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: ...

Gift Card Transaction??
I sold a customer a $100 gift card to the store, and when customer bought $110.00 worth of stuff, some how my cashier scan the gift card again.Then the drawer pop out, then the gift card shows a (90.00). Some how it gave a customer -90.00. Is there any way to prevent this from happening Please Reply ...

Trying to configure two exchange accounts with Office 2007 and Exc
Hi, A few months ago at work we switched servers. We sent from the Exchange 2003 to 2007 and all computers had to be re-added to the domain. While we've had some problems here and there, there is one I have yet to solve. We have a computer running Vista, I think 32-bit, that we to configure two exchange accounts on. We use Office 2007 Enterprise edition. And while I can get both accounts working within the same view in Outlook 2007, I can't get them configured like I had before. One account is my own personal bus account and the other is a shared account. ...

Recent update 6/8
I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. Running XP. I had to use restore after today's updates -- dlg "CowsyW" wrote: > I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. > Running XP. ...

VLOOKUP with wild cards urgent!!
Lets say i have two sheets Sheet1 Pradeep Sheet 2 deep in sheet2 i wrote the formula =VLOOKUP("*deep*",Sheet1!A:A,1,TRUE), i was expecting Pradeep, but it gave me #N/A. How correct am i? thanks If you look in HELP for the specifications of VLOOKUP, you'll find nothing about wildcards. They are not implemented. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "J T" <agarwalp@lucent.com> wrote in message news:OwLhgG0tEHA.3932@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Lets say i have two sheets > Sheet1 > > Pradeep > > > Sheet 2 > deep > &...

International Range style settings
Hi there, I am using Excel 2007, the Ducth version. I have created a workbook with macros, partly recorded. In one of the I am using some code like With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Ongeldig" End If End With In the English version it shoul be With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Bad" End If End With Is there a constant I can ue instead of the text "Bad"? Thanks Wouter Styles have both Name and Local name properties, so I *think* the English name should work ...

include/exclude email account in send/receive
Outlook 2000 had a setting wherein you could include or exclude an email in the send/receive process. I'm not seeing where that option is in Office Outlook 2003. If an certain email address that is listed in an email account setting doesn't exist the send/receive process fail entirely...for that one and all other accounts. This doesn't seem normal What do you mean if an "email address listed in an email account setting doesn't exist?" Clarify the problem you hare having. Automatic polling settings are in Tools > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settings &g...

Transfer combined investment transactions to multiple new accounts
In Money 2005 Deluxe, I have an investment account (with related cash account) with about two years of transactions. This mutual fund account (TRP) uses a separate account number for each mutual fund holding so that when I upgraded to Money 2005 and set up on line services for this account it downloaded each mutual fund investment as a new account. I can't merge all of these duplicate accounts in Money as it only allows you to merge one time so I then transfered (using copy) all my investment transaction from the combined existing account to each of the new individual investment ac...

Single set of folders in Navigation Pane?
In Outlook 2007, I have Exchange Server and 2 POP accounts. I would like all of the messages from all of the accounts to display in the navigation pane in the same folders and follow the same rules and alerts. Currently I have Mailbox fro exchange and Personal folders for the 2 POP accounts. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks! You can set your delivery location for each account in; Tools-> Account Settings...-> tab Email You'll have to decide if you want the default location to be a pst-file or the Exchange mailbox. If you choose for a pst-file, all the d...

Outlook 2003 changing global auto archive settings?
Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days. It allows you to run it more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently. In other words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom four months. It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60 days. Is there a way to do this? I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no, will it continue to ask? Or, will it never ask again? Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my se...

How do I set up auto complete from a drop down list in Excel 2000.
I have a 10 sheet workbook that I will be sending out to various users around the world. For their convenience, we are adding a lot of drop down lists for them to choose from. However, since there are many options to choose from in each list we would like for it to auto complete based on their initial entries: Ed -> list to jump to Edinburgh, etc.... I have enabled the AutoComplete in the cell values button in the Tools/Options/Edit tab, but it is still not working. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi not possible for the data validation listboxes --...

I need help setting up my database
I used Access in the past, so I have a general idea on how to use it, but now I have Microsoft 2007, so it's not as familiar. I currently have an excel document with staff names and drills they have performed. The drills include dates, times, an observer, and if they passed or failed. I had considered doing something where I had a table with all my staff, and then connecting tables for each person to list out the specifics for their drills. I don't know how to link the relationship with that though because the table name was the staff's name, so there wasn't a...

Import outlook contacts as account
Hi All! Know about importing contacts and leads. Understand that can develop tool to convert comma-separated file into a set of accounts in CRM. But what about existing solution? Thanx for advance. Only existing tool would be the Data Migration Framework. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 24 Jan 2005 07:10:40 -0800, "Andrey Ptashinskiy" <ptash@mail.ru> wrote: Hi All! Know about importing contacts and leads. Understand that can develop tool to convert comma-separated file into a set of account...

Bonus being charged to wrong account
When running Bonus checks, the amount gets dumped in the department account number and not the account for the Bonus pay code. I have to make journal entries to move the expense. Both are setup in Payroll Posting Accounts in Gross Pay as: Bonus: All | All | BON | 012-7000-000 Department: All | FINBK | All | 011-7170-000 How can I correct this so the Bonus pay gets put in the correct account? Thanks, Jocelyn There are no other accounts set up for BON that are department specific? Is "department" a pay type? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jocelyn" wrote: > When ru...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Double emails when setting up new POP3
A long time problem I'd like to resolve is when setting up a new, or resetting an user name and password for a POP3 mail account. In all versions of outlook I have users who keep many months of email stored on the mail server. I don't mind them keeping it there, but for some of these people, when I setup a new logon name to the same mail account the Outlook program is somehow reset and does not know that it already has months of emails in its account. So, it goes ahead and downloads them all over again. Well, I've used Duplicate Email remover that works nicely to remove t...

How to set up a uato incremnt in sql server 5000 express
Hi, I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figure out how to do a auto int for my key value in sql server express. Ted On 19-12-2009 19:40, tedpottel wrote: > I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figure out how to > do a auto int for my key value in sql server express. Set IDENTITY on the field. Arne PS: This is a C# forum. "tedpottel" <tedpottel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:29a76b36-a911-425c-a46d-6f3c03ed5586@c3g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figu...

Earmark Funds within an Account
I would like to earmark funds within an account for a specific purpose. For example, I received some birthday money and deposited it into my savings account before I started using MS Money. Suppose my total savings account balance is $1,000, $200 of which is my birthday money. Is there any feature that would breakdown my savings account total into the various earmarked funds (ie birthday money)? Then when I purchase something, I would like Money to deduct the purchase from the earmarked fund. Any ideas? Thanks. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q113. "Jed" <normishap...

External Email Permissions By Security Group/User Account?
Hi, I want to configure our Exchange 2003 server to only allow emailing external domains on a per user, or group basis (as we did previously with our Exchange 5.5 server). I added an SMTP connector to the routing group, and as a test, decided to instruct it to deny submission from myself.. Yet I can still send to whomever I wish. Any suggestions? Thanks, Darren Are you using Delivery Restrictions on the Connector? Did you enable restriction checking? Done by inserting the DWORD value "CheckConnectorRestrictions". Nee to restart Routing Engine and SMTP svc after you do thi...

download the Credit Card transaction date not the the posting date
Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date. Do I need another column in the register, help does not tell me how to do that? Or is the only solution changing each entry by hand? ( that doesn't make sense) This credit card offers downloads in either QIF or spreadsheet. In microsoft.public.money, riskymanr wrote: >Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I >always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date. Do you mean you first enter the transactions by...