Separate Personal and Business accounts in Money Plus?

I'm evaluating MS Money Plus Home and Business. Is there any way to separate
my personal and business accounts? When viewing my Account List, it shows the
totals of both my personal and business accounts which makes it difficult to
determine the true values of each. Is there a way to add a tab for Personal
and Business?

If the solution is to make separate files, do both my personal.mny and
business.mny accounts get updated automatically in the background? I think
that was a feature -- automatically update account info every 24hours such as
my bank, credit card, etc accounts so I don't have to manually tell Money to
update itself. I've grown partial to the set it and forget it mentality :)

Thanks
0
V (85)
9/16/2007 5:48:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

=?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgVg==?= <James V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
16 Sep 2007 in group microsoft.public.money:

> I'm evaluating MS Money Plus Home and Business. Is there any way to
> separate my personal and business accounts? When viewing my Account
> List, it shows the totals of both my personal and business accounts
> which makes it difficult to determine the true values of each. Is
> there a way to add a tab for Personal and Business?

In the left column, click "Sort account list by >", then choose
"Business accounts first". This will give you separate totals for
business and personal.

> If the solution is to make separate files, do both my personal.mny
> and business.mny accounts get updated automatically in the
> background? I think that was a feature -- automatically update
> account info every 24hours such as my bank, credit card, etc accounts
> so I don't have to manually tell Money to update itself. I've grown
> partial to the set it and forget it mentality :)

You can separate the accounts into different databases if you want, but
Money only downloads information for the database you have open (as far
as I know), and you can only have one database open at a time. The
background update feature was part of the MSN functionality, and that
has been removed. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) I'm glad it's gone,
myself, because it was the source of many updating problems.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

setting up email account on my windows vista
Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to non-network errors." error message What is the complete error message Gulay -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Gulay Dogan" <GulayDogan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3089BE5C-88A3-4EEB-8130-15CFB30B70BC@microsoft.com... > Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to non-network errors." > error message Please expand the error message, then copy and paste ...

Money 2000 stopped working
I have seen a lot of messages about Money 2002 quiting. I have had similar problems with Money 2000. I did not do any updates. I get a RunTime Error, abnormal program termination. The details box says that there was an invalid page fault in module MSCOFD.dll. Nothing seems to fix the problem. I have tried deleting money and reinstalling. I get the same error. I even tried to replace just the offending file and that did not work. Help!! ...

Account Lockout not happening in OWA 2003
Hi My infrastructure include Exchange/Windows 2003 with FE/BE Topology implemented.We are Using FBA (Form Based Authentication) in OWA 2003. Exchange Server : Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Service Pack : 2 Windows : Windows 2003 Enterprise Server Service Pack : 1 All Security Patches till October 2005 have been installed on the servers Problem : We have defined 10 Bad password attemps in GPO, Accounts get locked when a user crosses Badpassword attemps threshold on windows logon (i.e while logging into system). But when a user attemps more than 10 bad password attemps through OWA...

Help: Outlook pop account server timouts
Hoping that someone has a solution for this. I'm running Outlook 2007 connected to an Exchange server. I'm also poping several other accounts. Occasionally, one of the POP servers times out and I get a message asking me to type in my access credentials (which aren't actually needed as they're already there). I've extended the server timeout on the culprit account and so help alleviate the problem. The thing is, if I'm not at my computer to resubmit the credentials manually when I receive a server timeout popup, the mail for that account will go unchecked. No...

Money 2004 Canadian Edition #3
I don't know if the developers read this newsgroup or not, but if they are, the following statement should be noted. A Canadian edition of the program should include listings of financial institutions available in Canada. Money should at the very least have listings for the major Canadian banks. Just a suggestion. Other than this, I find that this piece of software is quite useful. ...

Importing 99 Backup into Money 2005
Somebody has asked me how to import a backup of his data from Money 99 into a new pc running Money 2005. The new version doesn't recognise the backup. Is their some way of converting the backup so it can be imported and used? dc Exact method used? Help|About version of the M05? Exact error message?!? "dc" <dc@dc.com> wrote in message news:eB%23vzj94GHA.3836@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > The new version doesn't recognise the backup. I'll have to find out from him and get back... dc "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.co...

outlook 2003 Duplicates of Outlook Personal Folder List Appear in Outlook
Duplicates of Outlook Personal Folder List Appear in Outlook how do i correct this problem? thanks in advance R click > Close. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:202b01c3e10b$bc8d90f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Duplicates of Outlook Personal Folder List Appear in > Outlook > > how do i correct this problem? > > thanks in advance > ...

setting up multiple email accounts
I'm attempting to add a second email account and at present cannot get beyond test settings. After completing the required entrys I select test settings and it passes all (establish connections and log on) tests except the test email send. I receive a message that indicates I need to check my port (using defaults) and the SSL boxes are not checked. My other account is my personal email address (mindspring) and it is working fine and I'm using defaults. I setup the new email account (a company I'm consulting with) with standard setting except for I have it log onto the...

How do I import a list of accounts from Solomon Accounting to Exce
Can you please tell me how to dynamically link and import a chart of accounts from Solomon Accounting package into Excel so when changes aremade to the accounts data in Solomon, i.e. activation or deactivation of specific accounts, those changes will automatically appear in an Excel spreadsheet? thank you very much What kind of files can you export from your accounting package? I may be wrong, but I think automatic updating is possible only when the source file is another XLS file. You can base an Excel Pivot Table on external data from various sources, but I don't know if your So...

Account List for Home page
I posted this question on 10.4. I'm unable to get Money 2005 to open with my Account List. Cal Learner replied quickly with this: "Tools->Settings->StartMoneyWithThisPageOpen:AccountList." However, that is not an option. Is that because this is a trial version? My reply of 10.5 has not been revisited, so I'm posting the question again. Thanks! kp Hi kp (campmhaha@go.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I posted this question on 10.4. I'm unable to get Money 2005 to open || with my Account List. || || Cal Learner replied quickly with this: || || "Tools...

Export Contacts to Central Account
Our company is looking for a way to export contacts from Outlook to a central account for a cheap CRM if you will. We want something we can schedule to run nightly. Anyone know of anything like this with VB or some other language? Andrew Tell us a lot more about your situation. Start with the absolute basics like what version of Outlook, whether you have Exchange, how users access Outlook etc. We cannot see over yourt shoulder. Here are some tips about how to post questions: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant There are var...

Money and Checks
OK so I'm about to make the Leap to Computer Printed Checks... My question is this... Before I plunk down 50 for shiny new check for Printing, which should I get? the LIned or Un-Lined? It doesn't seem that Money Prints the Lines in any test Prints I've done, and i didn't find any options to turn that storta thing on. I'm just worried about buying Pre-lined Check stock and having the lines not match up right. ...

Can you change the default lookup from Account to Contact?
Is it possible to set the lookup for a customer field to default on "contacts" rather then "accounts?" We do more business with contacts so it is a pain to have to change this all the time. there is no supported way to do this in the current release -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Martin Flaherty" <mflaherty@techpg.com> wrote in message news:ucdNM74uEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to set the lookup for a customer field to default on > "contac...

outlook 2003 will not access my hotmail plus account
I have a hotmail plus account that downloads perfectly into my desktop Outloook Express. Just got a new laptop with Outlook 2003 and cannot get it download the same account into it. It gives me a password error. I have doubled checked the spekking many times. I get get into the account if I go directly to the hotmail site with the same password. Please help! gabriel Well, pardon me for making an obvious assumption, but if you checked the "spekking" twice, I would suggest trying it a third time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the di...

Money 2004 Premium Loading
Newly acquired 2004, presently using Money 2000 on XP. Would prefer to load 2004 using a new start date and account balances, payees, etc. Should I (can I?)unload 2000 to prevent file corruption and then start 2004? Learned suggestions very much appreciated! In microsoft.public.money, fkiinc anonymous@earthlink.net wrote: >Newly acquired 2004, presently using Money 2000 on XP. >Would prefer to load 2004 using a new start date and >account balances, payees, etc. Should I (can I?)unload >2000 to prevent file corruption and then start 2004? >Learned suggestions very muc...

analytical accounting #8
with dynamics GP 9.0 we "as partner" and with existence of MDA. We still have some clients running the system with integration with other operational systems and MDA is used in this integration to analyze the information from a specific aspect. it is completely unknown for me how such integration will run in version 10.0 without MDA and without integration manager for AA. we have lots of clients with the same case!!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the...

Upgrade path from Business Portal 2.0 to Business Portal 3.0
I am planning to upgrade next year form Great Plains 7.5 to Great Plains 9.0. I currently have Business Portal 2.0 installed. I need to be able to upgrade both Great Plains and Business Portal at the same time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:/...

Money changes option to mutual fund
Just noticed that several, not all, call options recently purchased are now classified as mutual funds. If I select the "Return Calculations View" in my portfolio and select group by "Investment Type" three call options show up in the mutual fund category. I can't find any way to change the setting. If I look at the details screen I can see it thinks it's a mutual fund but there is no way to change it back to a stock. Weird! In microsoft.public.money, Dave Hollinbeck wrote: > >I can't find any way to change the setting. If I look at >the deta...

Moving to new PC Money 2005
Just got a new PC and am looking forwarded to using it with my Money data. Old PC has 2005 and new came pre-installed with 2005. What is the best / easiest way to move my files over and have the new PC start using them? I have them both networked. Any help would be appreciated. Russ 1) Open the sample file on the new machine and have it do Internet updates until Help|About indicates version 14.*.*.1105 or higher. This is ESSENTIAL. 2) Copy/Move the .MNY file(s) to the new machine. My Documents is a very good place for them. 3) Double-click on the file of your choice. "Big Kahuna&qu...

4 separate lines of a rectangular become united un-intentionaly
I draw a rectangular by four separate lines. Upon completion, they merge to each other automatically to form a unique rectangle. Later if I want to enlarge one line, I can't, and all rectangle will enlarge. I have not perform "group". Although sometimes it is usefull but sometimes I don't want this to happen. How can prevent/solve this issue? -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan Check Tools > Snap & Glue options to modify snap strength Frank Khoshravan <khoshravan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: F6F5E275-0791-45E2...

Underline with accounting format
Preface: If you use the accounting format and the underline you get a great underline that is just a little less than the width of the cell. Problem: It does not underline the right parenthesis in negative numbers. Question: Is there any way to create a customized version of the accounting format that will to go all the way to the right and go under the right parenthesis for negative numbers? Products: Windows XP with SP2 and Excel 2003 with all patches and updates installed. Thanks, Will why not underline the CELL, not the text/numeric? format, cells, borders, double underline (s...

Outlook Today
I've been using Outlook 2002 with our Exchange server for several years. My startup view has been set to "Outlook Today". It has always displayed the contents of my exchange calendar, tasks etc. I just installed Office 2003 and as a result now have Outlook 2003 (I believe that our exchange server has not been upgraded). Overall it seems to work pretty well, but I cannot get "Outlook Today" to display the info from my exchange mailbox. Instead it insists on displaying the calendar, tasks etc from my personal folders. All my mail also goes into the Personal Inbox ra...

Outlook 2003 View arrange by account issue
Here is the setup: Exchange 2003 SP2 Outlook 2003 SP2. He has 2 accts in his Outlook, an Exchange acct and a POP3 acct. He has his view set to arrange by account. When it sorts by acct it looks like this: E-Mail account:Microsoft Exchange Server All of his exchange emails show beneath this section E-Mail account:POP3 account All of his pop3 email shows beneath this section E-Mail account:Microsoft Exchange Server Only email from one internal user shows up here. The problem is that one user in the company always ends up in the bottom E-Mail Exchange acct. Everyone else shows up...

combining data from two separate sheets
hello all I would like to combine some data, here is what I ahve Sheet 1 email | webpage fdsf | AAA aasd | BBB rtew | DDD yuui | EEE Sheet 2 name | address | city | webpage dff | 123 fe | fds | AAA ggfd | 543 re | erw | BBB dfsf | 34 ffd | aawe | CCC ghh | 3424 fd | sfty | DDD jkkl | sdfs | sgdg | EEE of course the names, address, are just junk examples. The number of emails and webpages in Sheet 1 outnumber those in Sheet 2, but the primary information which I need to match belongs to...

How to exclude email account from checking in Outlook 2003
Hi, In the past I was using Outlook Express 6 and now using Outlook 2003 under XP, however, I can't find how to exclude an account from being checked for email. Is there such a setting somewhere or a tweak (add-in)? Thanks, Jamal OK. I answered my own question: On the tools menu, under Send/receive, there is "Send/receive settings" menu item. Microsoft should have made more visible when you setup or edit the accounts. Jamal "Jamal Assaf" <RemoveThisVodotnet@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c12saq$1dhlkv$1@ID-203539.news.uni-berlin.de... > Hi, > > ...