Seems like time to dredge this one up

Many of you have already seen this, I'm sure, but recent threads about M+
vs. M06 and HSA support in Money and the reuse of this reused music in a new
commercial bring it back to mind. If you haven't seen it already, enjoy. If
you have, well, enjoy anyway.

How products like Money get to be products like Money:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeXAcwriid0.

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

message news:%23bpPLt1HIHA.5208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Many of you have already seen this, I'm sure, but recent threads about M+
> vs. M06 and HSA support in Money and the reuse of this reused music in a
> new commercial bring it back to mind. If you haven't seen it already,
> enjoy. If you have, well, enjoy anyway.
>
> How products like Money get to be products like Money:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeXAcwriid0.

Yeah, that's a good one. I read somewhere that it was actually produced by
MS's marketing department, making fun of themselves.

0
nospam4109 (129)
11/6/2007 8:40:47 PM
I suspect even internally it was only half in jest.

"Paul Pedersen" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> Yeah, that's a good one. I read somewhere that it was actually produced by
> MS's marketing department, making fun of themselves.

Taking one value sheet 1 and apply to sheet 2
Hello all, I have a workbook with 5 sheets. I do not know how to take the valu from sheet 5 cell b26 and use that value to a formula to sheet 1 cel g19. Can someone help me out? : -- join_the_ban ----------------------------------------------------------------------- join_the_band's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3521 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54975 Try a formula like =Sheet5!B26 "join_the_band" <join_the_band.2926qb_1149728701.4689@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:joi...

Copy from one publisher document to another
I am trying to help my father. He has created a bunch of individual publisher documents that he is now copying and pasting into one publisher document with multiple pages (he didn't know he could add pages originally). We are doing this by opening publisher twice and selecting all of an individual page and then copying. We then paste it into a blank page in the new multiple page publication. Our problem is that when we paste the items don't always land centered on the new page. Can anyone help us with this? My dad had Publisher 2003. Thanks, Barbara Select all, Cntrol A, then ...

in MS EXCLE how we can protect only one cell?
plz do repl me soon Hi First select all of the cells in the Sheet>Format>Cells>Protection>remove the check mark form Locked. Next select the single cell you want to be locked>Format>Cells>protection>check Locked. Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet (optionally provide a password - remember to write it down somewhere of you do) -- Regards Roger Govier anu khan wrote: > plz do repl me soon EXCEL 2007 This assumes that you wish to protect cells D 83 to D 85. If you wish to protect just one cell replace D 83 to D 85 (below) with the cell ...

Ok stupid Q time....
I know this is probably a very simple thing to do but I cannot find how to change it.. In my form I have set up tab stops, they go all the way through... What I want to do is when the tab stops at a drop-down box the user can then use the up and down arrows to look through it, then press enter to select the one they have highlighted. At the moment when you use up or down it moves forward or back to the tab stops. I have been looking for the solution but have yet to find it although I know in the past I have set it up before on previous forms long gone. Thank You :-) -- Message posted via...

Forms like the Invoice Template
I would like to design some of my own business forms similar to the Invoice template that comes with Excel 97. Can someone point me in the right direction to get started? Thanks, -- B Try: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5c619eb3-950b-4fc3- 8df4-88fb9ee83dc6&DisplayLang=en Watch word wrap here... HTH "Bradley M. Small" <BSmall@XNOSPAMXmjsi.com> wrote in message news:u1ZKd9YvDHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I would like to design some of my own business forms similar to the Invoice > template that comes with Excel 97. Can someone point ...

Outlook Express works, Outlook doesn't on only one XP system
I have two XP client systems and my own Linux mail server. The XP Pro system can use Outlook to access mail. But the XP Home system can use Outlook Express but not Outlook, although setup seems the same. When sending a test message in Outlook, it finds the server, but both send and receive fail, saying the server didn't respond (check ports and SSL). Not using SSL, and the ports are standard. What's more, Outlook Express on the same client connects and works fine. I've checked the DNS, the routing, ping, firewall, etc. (XP firewall disabled, Linux firewall open to LAN.) What's ...

Copy Posts from one Public Folder to Another
I have an Exchange 2003 Public folder tree that has multiple levels. I have a need for users to Post to one public folder and then have a copy of that Post copied to another public folder automatically. I have set this up for emails (plain forwarding) and it works fine but I have yet been able to get the Posts to duplicate to the other folder. Does anyone have any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Glenn There are two ways to forward email out of a public folder: 1. Used a rule on the public folder. As owner of the public folder go to properties and to the folder assistant ...

Time Onbehalf of Option Active only
Business Portal 3.0 HRM Self Services: Site Settings > HRM Self Service > Timecard Entry Setup Currently in the timecard entry setup screen the default display is for all employee cards in the employee master table. It would be nice if there was an option to display this window with only the active employee's. Reason for is because as company's have turn over the inactive employee name will continue to display in the window. This file could become large depending on the number of employee's. Sorting through the list would be much easier if only active employee da...

I open one excel worksheet, PERSONAL.XLS also opens, why?
How do I stop Excel from opening a blank worksheet called PERSONAL.XLS each time I open one of my Excel files? Take it out of your XLSTART directory. By default, Personal.xls is the name of the file that XL stores macros in. It's usually hidden (Window/Hide). In article <AF5A9FE8-BE5F-46A6-B0AF-9CB93D80DC8C@microsoft.com>, "harry" <harry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I stop Excel from opening a blank worksheet called PERSONAL.XLS each > time I open one of my Excel files? ...

Slow saving time once VBA has been used
I have tried and found that once soem VBA code is added to a small xls files (e.g. 1 worksheet with nothing on it), the saving time of that file will become very small (e.g. about 5 seconds) The original time for saving that xls file is less than 1 seconds. Once all the VBA code have been removed, the saving time become very fast again. It is normal? Anyway to solve this problem? Thanks. --- Please remove NOSPAM- in the email address when replying by email. ...

How can I send a set of files, one file per email, automatically?
I need to send about 40 files to one or two people. I'm willing to do this in Eudora or in Outlook Express or Outlook. The problem is that these files are each relatively large: around 25MB each. Combining them into one file would be prohibitive. So I want to send 40 emails, each with one file. Does either of these mailer programs make that task possible? Of course, doing it manually would not be a reasonable option. Outlook should be able to do that with a batch file but you might want to find another way of getting that much data (approx 1GB) to the recipients like via FTP serve...

Email sent to recipient 12 times
Greetings, We use Exchange 2000 (SP3) with Windows 2000 Server (SP4) with all patches and hotfixes applied. My mail client is Outlook 2002 (SP1). Recently, one person recived a mail message from me twelve times! I only sent the message once. Oddly enough, only one person reported this problem to me; and I average about 100 emails sent to external recipients daily. Has anyone ever heard of this happening, or can anyone offer any suggestions or advice so that I may pursue and investigate this issue? Your help is appreciated. Thanks, Jackson Hillman Using POP mail anywhere, or is Excha...

One Line of Data Per Page of Report
When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 page report with 1 entry per page. Is there an easy way to solve this probelm? We are not very familar with access and need this problem solved. Thanks! On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:07:03 -0800, Coutu <Coutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data >per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 >page report with 1 entry per pag...

Billable time sheet
I am creating a new time sheet for my work and i would like some help. =(B25-B24) in cell B26 this is time value 7.00 am – 8.15 am = 1hour 15 mins this works great on its own. =INT(B27)*18+(B27-INT(B27))*100/60*18 (18 being dollars value or 18 can be a cell) to calculate hourly rate this work great on its own. But when i change the above cell B26 to B27 then this Fomular does not work =INT(B27)*18+(B27-INT(B27))*100/60*18 How do I make this work and still come up with the sum of $22.50 and not $2.50 Thank's -- Loud pipes saves lives Hi, in B26 use =TEXT((B25-B24),"H.MM&qu...

Changing Free/Busy Publishing Time
I wanted to change our publishing time from two months to 12 months. In order to do this I implimented a group policy that changed this time. The group policy seems to be effective in changing that value, however when it comes to scheduling meetings, only two months are visible. The only way I have found to rectify this is to run Outlook with a /cleanfreebusy switch once. However, it doesn't seem practical to do this across a large number of users. Is there any way I can do this server side to acheive the same effect? Thanks! On 28 Jul 2006 09:40:46 -0700, JamesSKemp@gmail.com wrote: &...

CONVERT TIME & TRIM DATE
I need help converting time to an AM/PM time format our database displays time in 4 digits : 0006, 0737, 1217, 2149. I am finding that 0006 is 12:06 AM and 1217 is 12:17 PM, etc. The date displays: 2007-03-09 00:00:00.000, how do I have it display the date as 03-09-2007? Thanks. Specify the display format of the control or field: mm-dd-yyyy RENEE705 wrote: >I need help converting time to an AM/PM time format >our database displays time in 4 digits : 0006, 0737, 1217, 2149. I am >finding that 0006 is 12:06 AM and 1217 is 12:17 PM, etc. >The date displays: 2007-03-09 00:00:00.0...

Select Query acting like an Update Query
I am having trouble with my database where my select queries are acting as update queries. If a user happens to accidentally or otherwise adjust the results provided by the query, it is updating the information on the table(s). I need to find out why it is doing this and how to prevent this from occurring and altering the data. Thank you, Terri On Dec 17, 9:34 am, Tboartz <Tboa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having trouble with my database where my select queries are acting as > update queries. If a user happens to accidentally or otherwise adjust the > res...

Multiple mfc activex controls in one dll
In VS6, there was a possibility to define up to 4 controls, when creating a new activex project. No such possibility in VS2005. Is there any way in 2005 to add an addtional one to an existing MFC ActiveX project? Any pointers will be appreciated! ...

Word not outlining like I tell it

way to verify time stamp?
Is there a way to verify when a forwarded message to you had originally been sent? I suspect someone is mis- representing themselves and simply typed new fields into the "original message" time and date. If not - is it possible (or at all likely) that someone sent me two emails days ago and they never bounced back and never made it to my inbox, while all other email functions appear completely normal?? Thanks! "Julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27d701c49d00$dd3315d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to verify when a for...

Like numbers in a field
I am working with a 25,000 row parts issue listing that was created by parts issue date. There are many repeat numbers in the part number column as the same part would have been issued on several different dates. I would like to be able to combine the like part numbers to know how many parts were issued over the course of all of the dates. Any ideas??? The Column headers are Part Number, Quantity, Unit Price, Total Price and Transaction Date. Create a new query based on your parts issue listiong table. Drag the Part number field into the query grid twice. Click on the Total...

can you date time stamp entries in excel
is it possible that when someone puts an entry on a shared worksheet in excel it can automatically date and time stamp their entry. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyy hh:mm") End With End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate ...

how do I stop PERSONAL.XLSB from showing every time XL opens?
This workbook comes up every time I open XL - then I have to create a new workbook. How can I stop this workbook from opening automatically? I am using Office 2007. hi if the personal.xlsb is in the xl start folder, it will open with xl. it should open hidden so try hidding it. the personal.xlsb workbook should contain all of your personal macros and stuff that you want available at all times, hidden in the background. if not then remove the workbook from the xl start folder. regards FSt1 "Kerry S" wrote: > This workbook comes up every time I open XL -...

Can I make a table flow like a text box story?
Does anyone know of a way to allow a table to act similar text block story. I would like to snake a long data table into two columns over several pages. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, This is not at all possible. A Table will not move across pages. -- Thanks -- It would be a great feature -- but I couldn't find a way to do it either. BTW -- neither PM or Quark allow this either. >-----Original Message----- >This is not at all possible. > >A Table will not move across pages. > >-- > > >. > You can create a work around for this problem by...

Move Exchange mailboxes from one Domain to another.
Okay, this is the scenario... I got called in to fix a big mess. I am not the one that set this up! (Just wanted to clear that up. ;)) Windows 2003 network.. 2 Domains Domain one: Active Directory DNS DHCP File Server Domain two: Active Directory DNS Exchange Both domains are under separate forests. The person that set this up setup duplicate user accounts under both domains. Why he didn't put the exchange server under the same domain, I have no clue. I just figure he didn't know what he was doing. So what I have is everyone logging in to Domain one to do their everyday work ...