Security Name

Hello - I have another problem that I could use help on.  I have several
accounts with different brokerage houses that holds the same security but
with slightly different names.  When I go to Update those accounts, I get
popups from Money asking if the name for the security is the same as another
security with a similar name.  I say OK.  But when it gets to the next
account I get the same popup to prompt me to put it back to the old name,
which gets annoying.  To solve this problem, I could use 2 different names
for the same security but then my summaries would be based on 2 different
securities with similar names, even though they are the same security.  I
suppose I could try to get the brokerage house to change the names to
conform to each other but that is not likely to be successful.  Is there a
way to teach Money to use multiple names for the same security?

Thanks,
Tony

0
tony73 (18)
5/20/2008 12:28:22 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, TonyK wrote:

>Hello - I have another problem that I could use help on.  I have several
>accounts with different brokerage houses that holds the same security but
>with slightly different names.  When I go to Update those accounts, I get
>popups from Money asking if the name for the security is the same as another
>security with a similar name.  I say OK.  But when it gets to the next
>account I get the same popup to prompt me to put it back to the old name,
>which gets annoying.  To solve this problem, I could use 2 different names
>for the same security but then my summaries would be based on 2 different
>securities with similar names, even though they are the same security.  I
>suppose I could try to get the brokerage house to change the names to
>conform to each other but that is not likely to be successful.  Is there a
>way to teach Money to use multiple names for the same security?

The CombineWith operation was added in Money 2007. If/when you
upgrade to Plus you should be able to do that.
For CombineWith, the types must match.  Go to the Details of the
investment that you don't want to appear in the register entries.
Do a CombineWith to an existing investment.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Is there a way to switch name order in an Excel column?
I want to be able to switch from first_name last_ name to last_name, first_name in an excel column without using text to columns then concatenating the new columns. Is there a formula that will take care of this more easily? =mid(a1,find(" ",a1)+1,255)&", "&left(a1,find(" ",a1)-1) then fill down "makocako" wrote: > I want to be able to switch from first_name last_ name to last_name, > first_name in an excel column without using text to columns then > concatenating the new columns. Is there a formula that will take care of >...

error when field last name is 'empty'
Hallo, I am using a code from the book - Building Microsoft Access applications - to search for duplicate names when adding a new contact. Last week it suddenly returned a specific error. It took me some time to find out that the code behaved that way in my database because the field last name was empty in one of the records. I thought I might use a code to return a message when someone leave the field empty by accident. But this does not solve the problem, is there a better solution? Thanks in advance for any help! Srwe Hi David, Set that field's Required property to Yes in the...

copying an excel worksheet causes "name" error
When I attempt to copy an Excel worksheet to a new worksheet by going to Edit>Move or Copy Sheet..., I get the following error message: "A formula or sheet that you want to move or copy contains the name 'what', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? *To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click Yes. *To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click No, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box." When I click "Yes", I get this dialog box several more tim...

how can i organize the names by alphabetical order in entourage?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel Hi, I�ve just installed office 08 for mac (student version) and can�t work out how to organize the names by alphabetical order or see visit card. Could anyone help me please? thanks Have a look in the Entourage Help menu on the topic: Group, sort, and filter items It's surprising what info you might find right within the program:-) If you have any specific problems don't hesitate to ask, but please don't try to cram everything into the Subject field - that's what the bigger Message area is for. Also, th...

Confusing newsgroup name
I notice lots of people misinterpret the name of this particular newsgroup, resulting in many messages that belong in other groups. I'm sure the reason for this is the name of the group: '...public.access' . Wouldn't it be a good idea to change the newsgroup name? Has this ever been tried? Regards, john Given that newsgroups are propagated onto literally thousands of servers around the world, changing names isn't an easy proposition. Microsoft could change the name on their server, but because many people post using other servers, that wouldn't eliminate this ...

Security settings changing by themselves
I've seen several instances of users' security settings changing by themselves. One day they had access and the next they did not. Nobody onsite even knows how to change security settings so that's not the issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Usually when this happens, it is someone changing the user class settings and rolling down the changes - perhaps without realizing what they are doing. I would find it very hard to believe that the settings are changing themselves. Lyle On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:39:34 -0700, "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

how do i print a column containing 150 names on 1 sheet of paper .
using excel 2002 - I have 150 names in 1 column - how can I print them on one sheet of paper in 3 columns Stormey, Probably the quickest would be to divide it up into 3 columns. It prints the sheet as it appears. Select the second third of the stuff, and move it (edge-drag) to the desired place. Same for third section. If you do a print preview, then close the preview, you'll see the pagination lines as dotted lines on the sheet. Or you can use View - Page break preview. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- ...

file name/directory prints out
every time i print a word document, it also prints a sheet with the file name, directory, date, characters etc. how can i stop this from printing every time? Go to the Print dialog (Ctrl-P) and uncheck "Document Properties." On Apr 13, 12:15=A0pm, Laura24 <Laur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > every time i print a word document, it also prints a sheet with the file > name, directory, date, characters etc. =A0how can i stop this from printi= ng > every time? In the Print Options, clear the check box for "[Print] Document properties." ...

Name Tags
Hello, I would like to design and print name tags that have a small graphic. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Security prices suddenly screwd up
Money 2004 is showing the prices of many but not all of my stocks increased suddenly by a factor of 10,000! I wish it were but true. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know what went wrong and how to fix it? Justin E. Known problem. MS are working on it. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails th...

Does somebody understand what they mean here. Some of it is about Integrated security
Hello! I received this from a person in a news group. I have replied to the news group to get some information about what this actually means but haven't received any kind of respons so I hope I might get some from this group because it's about Sql server. When you use integrated security, the app essentially logs you in. If you want to test this, make another account (after you have the website in IIS) and make sure that account does not have access to SQL Server. You will see that it fails. Most likely the browser will pop up so you can "log in", but I am not s...

Changing the name of a table that then relates to a query
I changed the name of a table that relates to a lot of queries.....these now wont work....how do i resolve this....thanks for ANY news! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ADO.NET Recursive Hierarchical DataSet Technique http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f492b744-8326-4671-a7c3-9143dd2c6da3/adonet-recursive-hierarc.aspx 1. Change the table name back to its orginal name. 2. Download Rich Fisher's excellent Find and Replace add-in and change everything to match the new table name. If you register it (one of the best $37 I've ever spe...

Check security pack which comes from the M$ Corp.
--vdrlwqwgnjnikm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="iydgxocdevzouq"; type="multipart/alternative" --iydgxocdevzouq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uzekkfawmuytrkwv" --uzekkfawmuytrkwv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to main...

Why can't I set my macro security to low?
On certain computers, I cannot set my macro security to low. What can I do? Just a guess... Any chance your IT folks set up those pc's so that the users can't change this setting (or at least change it and save it that way)? Chuck wrote: > > On certain computers, I cannot set my macro security to low. What can I do? -- Dave Peterson I am one of the I.T. folks and own the file in question. On certain computers, even signed in as an administrator, I cannot set the security to low. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Just a guess... > > Any chance your IT folks ...

Nick Name in Outook
Dear all, I want to add a Nick Name in the AD. Is this possible. If so where should I put or add the nick name in the following flelds. First Name Initials Last Name Display Name In outlook, the nick name is should be picked up in the search. Is this possible? I tried giving "First name"SPACE"nick name", then also the nick name is not picked up in the search. Employees are known mostly by nick name. My intention is that, when the nick name is typed, outlook should automatically pick up the employee. I believe outlook searches only First name, Last name a...

How many named cells
Hello, In excel 2003, is there a limit to the number of named cells or named ranges you can create? thx there is no real limit that I know of, but things can get a bit slow if you get above 5-10000 names. Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel 2.3 now available Name Manager 4.0 now available www.DecisionModels.com "greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23W9XGH$QHHA.496@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > In excel 2003, > is there a limit to the number of named cells or named ranges you can > create? > > thx > > this ...

Getting User Name
I am trying to capture user ID ! I have seen various ways how, but I can't seem to capture the unique ID. I have a SQL Server 2k (back end for this DB). The SQL database is running with user permissions for our ERP software. In this new DB the permission are applied to the only three users who will have access to this DB through an ODBC but I want to collect the user ID if possible. I do not have DB security set up in Access since permissions can be carried from SQL Server. Any ideas? Thanks, Rohn "Rohn Everson" <iowarohn@msn.com> wrote in message news:Ob...

Use Schedule Task to run Updates, but bypass User-Level Security
I am trying to run a scheduled task to run a macro with updates, but have to enter my Password as soon as Access opens, is there a way around this so it can be ran while i'm away? The only place I see to enter in the actual Task is for the Windows Login itself. Help please!!! Thank you!! -- Amanda On Mon, 17 May 2010 09:52:01 -0700, amanda_jb <amandajb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Check out the command line options for msaccess.exe. You can add your username and password in addition to the (I presume) /x option to run the macro. -Tom. Microsoft ...

Change application name
I've been trying to find a way to change an application's name. Sounds easy some would say to just override the WM_SETTEXT in the windowproc of the mainframe and set the title to what ever I like. That's great and all but I need a way to prevent the original name from showing up at all, i.e. system message boxes, and any other notification that may contain the application name. I bet you're wondering "Why would someone want to do that?". Well I'm glad you asked. Here's the situation. I'm selling the same product to a few customers, but I want to maintain ...

Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields
I have this feature turned on for one of my users, but when he restarts his outlook, it no longer remembers previous entries. This has worked in the past... Any suggestions? Recreate the profile. The current one is corrupt. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Kendall" <kendall.gamber@sba.gov> wrote in message news:476e01c42bc3$ce71fb50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have this feature turned on for one of my users, but > when he restarts his outlook, it no longer remembers > previous entries. This has worked in the past... Any > suggestions? It worked .... Thank you ...

Restored Object (Computer) from AD Deleted Items gives Error of Duplicate Name on the Network! (AdRestore and ldp.exe)
Someone accidently deleted a Computer from AD and I want to restore it back. This Computer acts as a Virtual IP to our SQL Cluster Here is what I have done so far. I ahve used AD Restore and ldp.exe and restored the computer back, reset the account and enabled it back But when i try to right click on it and go to Manage it spits out error saying It cannot be managed. You are not connected as a Duplicate name exists on the network. I have checked Service Principal names and it didnt find any duplicate names. Also did below to find duplicate entries csvde -d =93DC=3D...

Outlook Secure Folder issue
Got this off the MS website. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks for all the help!!! The article is below in >detail. > >Attachments Remain in the Outlook Secure Temporary File >Folder When You Quit Outlook 2003 >View products that this article applies to. >SYMPTOMS >If you quit Outlook 2003 while you have attachments open >from e-mails that are in a secure Outlook folder, the >attachments remain in the Outlook Secure Temporary File >folder, even if you the close the attachments after you >quit Outlook 2003. > >Additionally, if you o...

Worksheet copy problem
Hi all Name 'Sheet (1)'!MyName refers to =Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100 'Sheet (2)'!$B$2 contains a formula =SUM('Sheet (1)'!MyName) If I dulicate 'Sheet (2)' (Edit/Copy or move sheet) then 'Sheet (3)'!$B$1 contains the formula =#N/A when I would prefer it to contain the formula =SUM('Sheet (1)'!MyName) Is there a general way to achieve this (other than VBA?) Please do NOT suggest that I enter =SUM('Sheet (1)'!MyName) in some cell in Sheet1 and then refer to that cell in 'Sheet (2)'!$B$1 rather than the name I KNOW that that would succe...

Person Names Smart Tag don't appear (IM)
For some reasons the person names smart tag about the online-status via Messenger can't be seen in Outlook 2007 on XP Pro SP2. I've checked the option in Outlook, but no smart tags from other people nor of myself appear at the names as it used to do. Messenger is on. Jan, Netherlands what version of messenger do you have installed? it only works with certain versions. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook...

How do I combine "First Name", "Last Name" Fields into a "Name" Fi
I have two tables one has First Name and Last Name fields. The other has first and last names combined in a "Name" Field. I would like to combine tables via a query for sorting and mailing purposes. This problem sounds so simple, but it is beyond me!!!!! Please help! Create a new query. In design view, add the table that has both, then in a "field" on the grid, add something like: FullName: [FirstName] & " " [LastName] Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Climberjon" <Climberjon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...