SCO/Microsoft supporters may have created Netsky Virus

Software feud may have provoked virus
Rachel Ross feb 19 2004 http://tinyurl.com/2x8nr

A new computer virus spread over the Internet yesterday in an apparent
attempt to destroy one of its predecessors.

The Netsky.b virus e-mails itself to addresses stored on an infected
computer. It also copies itself to folders that appear to be shared
with other computers.

[..]

Once a computer has been infected, the virus tries to deactivate two
versions of the Mydoom virus that hit the Internet late last month.

[..]

Sebbag said it's possible someone who supports Microsoft or SCO may
have written Netsky.b in retaliation for Mydoom.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1077145814587&call_pageid=968350072197&col=969048863851
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

how do I read excel documents on microsoft works?
I've been sent a document on Excel, and only owing XP home edition I cannot create an association with any existing program that I am aware of. Anyone have any ideas? Try downloading the Excel viewer from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN -- Regards, Juan Pablo Gonz´┐Żlez Excel MVP "Sotonseagull" <Sotonseagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37CF0032-472A-43BB-806A-F8EB40AA231B@microsoft.com... > I've been sent a document on Excel, and only owing XP home editi...

create an index listing where specific names are mentioned
I am writing a history about my Dad and Mom. I want to create an index showing the pages specific names are mentioned. How do I do this. Publisher does not have an Index feature. Use Word. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "family history mama" <family history mama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF1FE4A-E80F-444F-8E7D-6AA71878D100@microsoft.com... >I am writing a history about my Dad and Mom. I want to create an index > showing the pages specific names are mentioned. How do I do this. ...

create calendar drop down list in Excel sell
i would like to create calendar drop down list in Excel. Is it possible to import it or link a sell to a calendar? Hi try: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bo" <Bo@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0F312DC0-3E90-4A1B-9B3C-7D239A5845A7@microsoft.com... > i would like to create calendar drop down list in Excel. Is it possible to > import it or link a sell to a calendar? ...

Microsoft Excel Template
Sorry I don't see much discussion going on at Office community so pardon me for posting it here. I downloaded a template from office download center for excel. I saved the template in "c: program files>Microsoft Office>templates>1033" where other templates are. I tried opening it from excel by "File>New>template on my computer.." but don't see my newly added one. Please help. Danny "Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A265283-EED3-4EBA-AA0E-F55F3EA8460D@microsoft.com... > Sorry I don...

Requesting data from the Microsoft Exchange Server
Requesting data from the Microsoft Exchange Server My OutlookXP is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server "Server". You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Why is this happening? Thank you. Normally causes by a slow network or a busy Exchange server. The client is waiting for a response from the server and either it is busy with another task or the network is slow. When it connects and gets the data, the message goes away. It is just there to inform users it is actua...

Solution To Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
Save the distribution list as a text file and then import the text file either into excel or back into outlook in the contacts folder. From there, you can either drag the lists' member information into a message or print out the list. I discovered this solution when trying to automate the creation of a separate contact card for each member in the list. By saving the list as a text file and then importing the file into my contacts folder, I was able to create separate cards for every member of the list. rgds//Jerome j_thomas_nyc@hotmail.com ...

Creating Namespace Attributes
Hello, I'm trying to round-trip some XML out of Adobe InDesign, through my application and then back into InDesign. Tables in InDesign are created using a specific namespace like this: <Table TABLE_TYPE="table05" xmlns:aid="http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeInDesign/4.0/" aid:table="table" aid:trows="7" aid:tcols="2"> <Cell aid:table="cell" aid:crows="1" aid:ccols="1" aid:ccolwidth="73.79470231328037"> etc. Now, I'm looking to add a new table, so what I'm doing is constr...

Creating Custom Recipient Policy
Hi, I am running exchange 2003, the companyi work for aquired many companies and changeing email address for x number of employees. so i am currently acceptting about 6 differerent email address with the old and the new. when all is said and done. i would like to have a custom recipient policy for each primary email address. so the user do not end up with them all on their smtp properties. I just want them to have there old and new primary. i quess i am asking how can i create 3 different primary address for different users in the same company? thanks a bunch in advance for helping Pa...

Creating a button that goes to the next new record
I am fairly new to access and i am trying to build an inventory database that lists all our grounds maintenance equipment. I have all the records typed in but would like a button for adding new equipment as it is purchased. Ideally the button will take me to the next new record rather than an existing one. What is the easiest way of doing this? I am using Access 2003 At the bottom of your form, there are navigation buttons, like this: |< < [ 5] > >| * of 77 records The star button takes you to a new record. If you don't see this, open the form in design view, an...

create defined name using variable file name in reference
please help in create defined name EXAMPLe: create name : ACCPath ---- Referes to (='E:\Data Folder\[externa work book.xlsx]sheet1'!$K$8:$K$10000) this works I NEED to put (external work book.xlsx) in a cell and refere to it as variable in the referes to (='E:\Data Folder\[&U2&]sheet1'!$K$8:$K$10000) where U2 having the file name because it is changing meny times Activeworkbook.Names.Add Name:="ACCPath", RefersTo:= "=" & Activesheet.Range("U2").Value2 --- HTH Bob Phillips "hala" <hala@discussions.mi...

Microsoft Envelope Journaling
Please can someone clear something up for me. I believe Envelope Journaling was released, then withdrawn and then released again. Does anyone know the reason why it got withdrawn and what was fixed when it was re-released? Also, does anyone know the dates this happened? The reason is I have different people telling me different things and some say it is still withdrawn! Many thanks. I don't know about the reasons why or if it was withdrawn or any particular dates, but Envelope Journaling is alive and well: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=843105 http://www.microsoft.com/t...

create a transfer from hq
Can you advise why when we create a transfer from hq. The sending store edits it but the receiving store does not see the changes? eg issuing store changes amount from 5 to 10 Receiving store still sees 5 not 10 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://w...

Exchange Clustering Supported or Not Supported
Can someone please shed some light on this? Seems to be a huge contradiction between MOC, what's out there in the Newsgroups, and what the latest CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide says... I'm interested in finding out why the Microsoft Official Curriculum for CRM 3.0 Course Number 8526 on page 45 indicates that Microsoft Supports Exchange Clustering in an Active/Passive mode. If Microsoft doesn't support this, then why does the MOC say it does? bayareacrm "Matt Parks" wrote: > It's still not supported. It may work though, but if a failover occurs at the &g...

Exchange 2003
Does Exchange 2003 finally address a major shortcoming of 2000 in that mail inbound that isn't resolved (bad address or whatever the case may be) cannot be forwarded to a specific mailbox? I am currently using 2000 and the hack/workaround with a VB COM component and second virtual server... I would like to upgrade to 2003 but I need to know if I this issue has been fixed. Thanks -- russ "Russ Bishop" <nowhere> wrote in message news:eQUSPPRtDHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does Exchange 2003 finally address a major shortcoming of 2000 in that mail > inbound that...

DPM 2007 SP1 does not see sharepoint when creating a protection gr
When creating a protection group in DPM 2007 SP1 I do not see the SharePoint farm listed. I have done the following to the Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 DPM Server: 1. Installed Hotfix Package KB976542 October 2009 I have done the following to the Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 WFE that DPM is pointed to: 1. Added the sharepoint Farm Administrator account to the Local Administrators group 2. Entered ConfigureSharePoint -EnableSharePointProtection command and the Windows SharePoint Services farm administrator credentials when prompted 3. Entered ConfigureSharePoint -ResolveAllSQLAliases N...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, miti...

Creating custom color palettes from worksheet ranges
Can anyone recommend a free utility I can use to populate Excel's color palette from cells in Excel 95 or 2000? I want to create custom palettes but I don't want the effort of changing the palette by hand. I would like to do one of the following A B C D 1 Color Red Grn Blu 2 Red 1 1 1 3 Green 1 1 1 4 Blue 1 1 1 5 Orange 1 1 1 or A B C D 1 Color Hue Sat Lum 2 Red 1 1 1 3 Green 1 1 ...

I need Create a National Account and Child Account
Hi. I need Create a National Account and Child Account, too. I am Using a Econnet Schemas, i can create a ParentId, but can't create a childparenteId, i don't konw that schema will use to create this childparent, i read the SDK but i don´t understand how to apply this schema in VB.NET. How i can to create this ChildParentid in VB.NET?? I need only one example to Understand how to create this!!!!! I need create this account from CRM and i'm using a webservices whit VB to create this account!! thanks!!!!!! ...

Creating a second e-mail domain?
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 Server SP2 running on Windows 2003 SP1. It has been a while since I've done this. Anyone have any good links for the best way to do this? Thanks!!! On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:10:55 -0800, "Boe" <boe_d@notspam.hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have an exchange 2003 Server SP2 running on Windows 2003 SP1. It has been >a while since I've done this. Anyone have any good links for the best way >to do this? > >Thanks!!! > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319201 Just add the second domain to a recipient policy...

outlook 2003: cannot create rules offline from exchange
I just upgraded to outlook 2003 and can't find any of my rules from my previous install of outlook 2000. when i go to the rules menu, i get the message that i am offline and need to be connected to an exchange server in order to create rules. This was not true in outlook 2000, as far as i know. I created all of my rules in offline mode. Has something changed in 2003? Ben ...

Check these internet pack from Microsoft Corporation
--erowouqok Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tjatkkfljaxofz"; type="multipart/alternative" --tjatkkfljaxofz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="knbfvepdjx" --knbfvepdjx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these v...

Splitter Window with drag and drop support
Hi My scenario is: I have 4 static split windows, all of them have different base classes. I want to add drag and drop feature and user can change its layout(order of the views) with mouse. Is that possible? Must this be a feature of Splitter control or view windows? You will have to implement all of this yourself. You can always use Ole for your drag and drop, there are tons of examples on the web for this. You can also dynamically switch the view of a splitter panel, here are a couple of examples: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/splitter/DanCMultiViewSplitter.aspx http://www.codepro...

Creating a way to attach files in custom entity?
I'm looking for a way to be able to attach files to a custom entity in CRM v3. My client originally wanted to be able to have some sort of document repository in CRM, so that users can easily refer back to program docs and then email them to customers. We tried renaming the Sales Literature entity to Program Documents, because you can attach files to those records, but you can't send email from there. Then I thought maybe we could stick the docs in the Knoweledge Base, but every article is based on a template, and they simply want to attach what they already have to CRM and...

creating mandatory filelds
there are some cells in my worksheet have to be filled if some field are filled. i cant find how to give an error and return back thos fields again to be fille -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hilary, Any such solution can frustrate a user with error messages, unless carefully thought out and implemented. You can use a formula like this, which causes a message to appear in its cell. The cell can be formatted for bold red. =IF(AND(A2="", OR(B2<>"", C2<>"")),"Required information missing","") Or for one formula...

Word 2007, Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't creat
We have office 2007 professional installed, some users are getting the following error when opening word 2007 Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't create object. When I re-create windows profile it's works fine, Is any workaround for this, or is any easy way to just re-create offcie 2007 profile ? ...