saving files & downloading from financial institutions

I have Microsoft Money 2004 (unopened box) sitting next to
me.  I have two questions before I open the box and commit
myself (otherwise I'll return it.)

1.  My version of Microsoft 2001 will only allow me to
save to a floppy or the hard drive.  I would like to save
to a CD.  On 2001, I get the choices "a" drive (floppy)
and "c" drive (hard disk) and can not change them.  Is it
possible to save to a different drive with the 2004
version?

2.  When I try to view the article on the Microsoft
website listing which financial institutions participate
in the online updating, I get the message "page can not be
displayed."  Any ideas on other locations I might find
this information?
0
tieman (1)
8/22/2003 12:36:48 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Saving to a CD is an operating system function not an application. If you
are running XP then you can back up to the virtual hard disk represented by
your CD writer.

If running anything else backup to hard disk and burn that backup to the CD.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions
      mnyukwsh@microsoft.com

"Nikki" <tieman@dwave.net> wrote in message
> I have Microsoft Money 2004 (unopened box) sitting next to
> me.  I have two questions before I open the box and commit
> myself (otherwise I'll return it.)
>
> 1.  My version of Microsoft 2001 will only allow me to
> save to a floppy or the hard drive.  I would like to save
> to a CD.  On 2001, I get the choices "a" drive (floppy)
> and "c" drive (hard disk) and can not change them.  Is it
> possible to save to a different drive with the 2004
> version?
>
> 2.  When I try to view the article on the Microsoft
> website listing which financial institutions participate
> in the online updating, I get the message "page can not be
> displayed."  Any ideas on other locations I might find
> this information?

0
Bob_Peel (292)
8/22/2003 1:34:15 PM
The answer to Q1 is that Money does not incorporate its own CD burning
engine. Money can backup to ANY file system that the operating system makes
available for read/write random access. (A test: if Notepad can write a file
to it, so can Money.) This generally does not include writable CD/DVD media.
Money will certainly allow you to backup its files to CD/DVD using whatever
your preferred tool is for writing CDs/DVDs.