Running Processes after Program Shutdown

When trying to do a nightly backup of my Money 2004 files to an
external hard drive, I close down Money before starting the backup.
However, the backup program says that the file is open and can't back
it up.

What else might I need to close down in order to allow the files to be
available for backup?

The problem started when I initiated automatic account updates during
the day using a .Net passport. I suspect that there is something in the
background running even after I shut down Money.

I see a mnyschdll.exe process running even after Money is shut down.
Should that process be shut down to release the file? If so, can it
just be terminated in task manager or is there a better/cleaner way to
do that. Or should I be doing something else.

Thanks.

DennyP

0
denny1 (14)
12/29/2004 6:12:59 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, DennyP wrote:

>I see a mnyschdll.exe process running even after Money is shut down.
>Should that process be shut down to release the file? If so, can it
>just be terminated in task manager or is there a better/cleaner way to
>do that. Or sh

You could kill that process.

You could disable background banking.

You could be having your backup program copy off the .mbf file
instead of the *.mny file.

You could have your scheduler make a copy of the .mny file and let
your backup program copy the copy. You can
"copy DennyP.mny DennyP5.mny" even tho Money is open.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/29/2004 6:32:32 PM
Thank you for the options. I appreciate it.

0
denny1 (14)

About Anti Spyware programming ....
Hi i am working on Anti Spyware application, in VC++. for spyware detection i need to know about signature of the spyware. Could any body please tell me about the Anti Spyware Porgramming in VC++. Thanks in advance Mujtaba Mainly a file exists routine and a database, - MR <tomujtaba@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1104491640.666701.199380@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > i am working on Anti Spyware application, in VC++. for spyware > detection i need to know about signature of the spyware. Could any body > please tell me about the Anti Spyware Porgrammin...

Run Time Error '1004' Application or Onject-defined
Hi all. I am having a strange problem with the below code in that it produces the run time error when trying to Paste the Selection. However, if I perform the action manually in exactly the same way, as in recording the macro in the first place, it works!? How can I get this to run - it is after all, a really simple code. (Most frustrating) Thanks, Wes. Windows("Transaction_Record.xlsm").Activate Sheets("DETAILED_PMNTS_REC").Select Range("N2077:QV2089").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Windows("AUDIT_TR...

how to organize several class and their instance in windows programming
Hi, everyone, I'm designing a project which could do some image processing, motion control and networking using MFC. nowadays I'm puzzled how to organize so many class and their instances. Though I think the "design pattern" could solve my problem, but what I only want is to get a simple method or a belief understand. suppose these class are like this: CImageProc (class deal with image processing) CMotionControl (class deal with motion control) CNetwork (class deal with networking) CXXXClass (class doing other work) This is the way I use, in the CMainFrame( I'm...

OIS.EXE what is it, how to end process
computeris very slow, task mgr show cpu usage is near total availabe, shows OIS.EXE is using most and cannot get task to stop. A quick google for ois.exe gives you the answer. "ArizonaBoy" <ArizonaBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF65AE19-499A-4EF4-8CB7-4BE23889C924@microsoft.com... : computeris very slow, task mgr show cpu usage is near total availabe, shows : OIS.EXE is using most and cannot get task to stop. In news:AF65AE19-499A-4EF4-8CB7-4BE23889C924@microsoft.com, ArizonaBoy <ArizonaBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: >...

Multiple tasks in sales process stage
I have a sales process with multiple tasks within a stage (4 - 6). Each of these tasks needs to be handled with the previous one being a prerequisite to completing the next. When I reschedule 1 of the tasks (say the first 1 in the list) then the others (task 2, 3 and 4) should be rescheduled accordingly, or at least I would think so. It seems as though upon changing stages all tasks are created and assigned a due date and are then left static. The only workaround here is to create a stage for each task in order to wait for a previous task to be completed before moving to the next task in th...

How to build a buffer to deal with the accessing from multi-process?
I mean how to build the buffer? Use COM? How to do it? Thank you. I mean there should be only one instance of the buffer to insure the consistency of the data. How to insure exclusive of this instance? Thank you. "fadics" <fadics@sohu.com> д����Ϣ���� :OiZddgx8EHA.1392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I mean how to build the buffer? Use COM? How to do it? > > Thank you. > > fadics wrote: > I mean there should be only one instance of the buffer to insure the > consistency of the data. How to insure exclusive of this instance? > > Thank you. > &g...

Running a .bat file with spaces in the path.
I am trying to run a .bat file from a macro. The shell command works okay most of the time - but I cannot seem to make it work if there is a space in the path. (So, running C:\Apps\BFIle.bat works, but not C:\My Apps\BFile.bat) As the .bat file I want to run will change, I want to enter the path in a cell, and then run the macro with a button. This means simply enteing the path in double quotation marks in the Shell command will not work. BFile = Range("A2").Value i = Shell (BFile, 1) Any ideas? Odd that a space is giving you a problem. This works for me whether the path has a ...

program loading time
The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it still loads slow. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, oltexasboy wrote: >The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it >still loads slow. Any suggestions? Restore the archive as your main file, if you have not gone too far with it since the archive. Archiving did not help your speed appreciably, and you might want to refer to that older data. Consider reducing scheduled bills. Remove accounts from the budget if you think that would be appropriate. Set your start page t...

Send/Receive at program startup
Hi, I can't figure out how to prevent Outlook 2003 from automatically sending and receiving email when I launch the program. I want to send and receive only when I click the 'Send/Receive' button. Thanks for any ideas. Steve Uncheck the automatic polling option under Tools->Options->Mail Setup. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Steve Prescott asked: | Hi, |...

Purchase order Processing
Hi, A purchase order that was received, not posted, got posted in error. What is the best way of "reversing" this error? -- P McCarthy Hi-- You would enter a return, transactions>>purchasing>>returns trx entry. If it was only received, you would choose to enter Return type. If it was received and invoiced, you would enter a Return with Credit. Please note, this will NOT open the PO back up to be received, you will have to enter a new PO or if the PO is not completely received, you could also edit it to increase the amountt to be received. Take care, Christina N...

stopping a process
I want to close an already running process in my system. Say Yahoo msngr.I can identify and hide the window but am not able to stop the Yahoo Messenger process. How can I stop that process such that the window is closed and the process is stopped as well such that that its entry from the task manager is also removed. Destroy doesnt works. you need to use windows shell command "net start/stop SERVICENAME" the service name is to be used as we can see it in Services using services.msc at run command. Sandipan Aich wrote: > I want to close an already running process in my syst...

Multiple Instances of Manager Program
Greetings I have a situation where it might become necessary to have multiple people running the SO Manager program at the same time. Doing edits and changes primarily. Has anyone run up against any performance/stability issues under such circumstances. Does this cause any instability problems with the POS frontend also operating at the same time? The reason I mention this is that we did some experimentation with having an MS Access forms app try and edit some data in the Customer table and it would cause the frontend to crash if we were operating on the same record. We we...

running external program, waiting for completion
I'm trying to start an external utility from a C++ program, but I'm having some problems I've tried various approaches, but all seem to suffer from the same problem: I can start the utility but if I try to wait for it to exit, then I'll wait forever (& the utility never seems to start running). One example: SHELLEXECUTEINFO ShExecInfo = {0}; ShExecInfo.cbSize = sizeof(SHELLEXECUTEINFO); ShExecInfo.fMask = SEE_MASK_NOCLOSEPROCESS; ShExecInfo.hwnd = NULL; ShExecInfo.lpVerb = _T("open"); ShExecInfo.lpFile = "c:\\xxx\\yyy\\zzz.exe"; ShExecInfo.lpPar...

(Advance Programming) Parameter Returned as Value
Hi, I wish some body could Help Me, I have being loocking for a solution for 2 days. I need to make a simple Query to check if the parameter values are in a Table. I want the Query to return "Founds" and "Not Founds". For Example: Table Definition: TName CREATE TABLE [dbo].[TName] ( [IdName] [bigint] IDENTITY (0, 1) NOT NULL , [Name] [nvarchar] (30) COLLATE Traditional_Spanish_CI_AS NOT NULL ) ON [PRIMARY] Values: Insert Into TName (Name) Values ('Paul') Insert Into TName (Name) Values ('Peter') Insert Into TName (Name) Valu...

Accessing desktop shortcuts when programs are running
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there any way to toggle between program windows and the desktop so that you can access the shortcut icons there without resizing or minimizing your program windows? It would be great to be able to do this, especially when I have four or five word documents open . . . Thanks! You can use the ApplicationName> Hide ApplicationName or Hide Others command to hide the window(s) to access the Desktop - assuming you don't have any other application windows open. However, you might want to explore other more effective...

Public Function not running
Hey, I have a public function that I call from a cell. The function is: Public Function QuitTime(strQuitTime As String) As Date Dim strHour, strMin As String Dim intHour, intMin As Integer Dim dtTime As Date strHour = Left(strQuitTime, 2) strMin = Right(strQuitTime, 2) dtTime = strHour & ":" & strMin dtTime = dtTime + Range("MainSheet!B2") ' this cell contains the value today() QuitTime = dtTime End Function Anyway, I run a vlookup on this array from another sheet and when ever i run that vlookup, it makes all the cells in th...

Allow active x controls to run in RMS POS
Hi there. When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS computer, I get the error message "Your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this page", and it doesn't work. It works fine on my back office pc, and I can't find any difference between the IE settings on the two pcs. Where would I find the setting to allow active x controls to run? Cheers Problem solved, windows automatically blocked it because I sent it as an email attachment from my office pc Mheill wrote: > Hi there. > > When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS co...

Process Duplicates
Hi everyone, I have duplicate data and I need to process it accordingly. I followed some advice I found in this group and went to: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm There I found the following code (reproduced here exactly) which looked like it could be modified to do the job I require: Sub FixDuplicateRows() Dim RowNdx As Long Dim ColNum As Integer ColNum = Selection(1).Column For RowNdx = Selection(Selection.Cells.Count).Row To _ Selection(1).Row + 1 Step -1 If Cells(RowNdx, ColNum).Value = Cells(RowNdx - 1, ColNum).Value Then Cells(RowNdx, ColNum).Value = "...

How to run Office:Mac on a PC?
For better support of Mac users, I want to run Office:Mac on a PC. Though I know about PearPC http://pearpc.sourceforge.net, I did not yet give it a try. Are there other solutions available? Many thanks for all hints and explanations, Thomas Hi Thomas, as far as I know, there aren't that many solutions to run Mac OS X on PCs. I have heard of PearPC, but I don't think that you can legally run Mac OS X on a non-Apple computer; if I remember correctly, the license agreement states that you are supposed to run OS X on Apple hardware only. Also, since you can only buy Mac OS X for Power...

HELP: Add textbox to a frame at run time
Hi All, How can I add text boxes on the form at run time based on what user inputs in a textbox? For eg: I have a textbox "Total Students" , so Once I input a number in that textbox, I want to have that many textboxes on the form during run time. If I input 4 I want four textboxes to be displayed on the form. Thanks in advance ...

IE7 Opening wrong email program
Outlook 2003 is set as my default email program and yet when I am on the web with IE7 (& Vista) when I click File/Send/Page By Email IE7 opens Windows Mail instead of Outlook, why? My addressbook is not even present in Windows Mail. -- Thanks... Bob Click the tools button in IE, the select Options and the Programs tab. There is a button near the bottom which should let you set Outlook as the default mail cient. Hope this helps, -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "Bob Newman" wrote: > Outlook 2003 is set as my default email pr...

Money 2003 program updates ceased
A "reminder" has been showing up on my M2003 Home page that reads, "Money has not received updated Internet information since 11/5/2003. Click here to update your Internet information now." When I "click there," the update sequence runs and says "call complete," yet the latest updated information is still 11/5/03. This seems to apply only to the Money software updates, as I'm getting bank and stock market updates OK. I'm running Money 2003 on a Windows ME OS, and I need some suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks. Standard or Deluxe? A...

un posted trx warning on GL year end run
We have a situation here as follows: When tried to Year end close 2007 on GL after closing all relavant modules we received a warning message "A single-use batch or quick journal transaction has not been posted yet. Do you want to continue closing ?" We put our maximum effort to find any pending trx that of year 2007 but without success. On a test basis we override the above warning and ran the year end procedure. When finished we find out that 3 multi-currency transactions are effected on the retained earnings account (debited 3 trx and the same amount included as credit t...

Can I control other process UI and input some data ?
Hi How can I control other process UI and input some data value like input edit box or click button controls ? Is there some good sample code and tool to help me ? Thank you . "Kid" <Kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC912098-E45E-4A70-82C0-5816011877D8@microsoft.com... > Hi > > How can I control other process UI and input some data value like input > edit > box or click button controls ? > > Is there some good sample code and tool to help me ? > > Thank you . There is no all-purpose solution but many things can be done by...

Close program problem?
Hi! I have a question about closing Access program. When I close it(shut down the program), there is no exit button. I use the "X" button on the right upper icon. But when I use it, it will popup an error message window. It said "The expression On Close you entered as the event property setting produced the folliowing error: Object variable or With block variable not set. * The expression may not result in the name...................." I need to press OK button to quit it. Is this come from the switchboard coding? Is anyway to find out where casue this error? T...