Running balance in credit card register

Balance is fine when I view "all transactions" but when I switch to
"unreconciled view" the balance is way off (I do this to balance my
account). Any ideas? The balance it shows on the top is 1000 over my
limit, and I am not even close to it.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Anybody have any idea???

phredgomez@yahoo.com (Fred G.) wrote in message news:<c3762d54.0311210932.33f73370@posting.google.com>...
> Balance is fine when I view "all transactions" but when I switch to
> "unreconciled view" the balance is way off (I do this to balance my
> account). Any ideas? The balance it shows on the top is 1000 over my
> limit, and I am not even close to it.
You might have some corruption in your Money file.

Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish.

"Fred G." <phredgomez@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anybody have any idea???
>
> phredgomez@yahoo.com (Fred G.) wrote in message
> > Balance is fine when I view "all transactions" but when I switch to
> > "unreconciled view" the balance is way off (I do this to balance my
> > account). Any ideas? The balance it shows on the top is 1000 over my
> > limit, and I am not even close to it.

0
glyn1 (1534)

beginning balance historical year
I am entering beginning balances in General Transactions Entry window for the previous year 2003. The year is marked as a historical year and I am using the last day from the historical year as the transaction date. When printing the edit list, the Batch Total Actual is the sum of the debit and credit entries from the source document. When looking at the edit list, all the entries are printed twice, while I have entered them only once, and the total per debit and credit entries also is double. When printing a historical Trial Balance the totals are o.k. Where the double entries are coming...

check instance running
My application will call another application and would like check is it running or not. Are there any function to check the instance already running? Your information is great apprecaited, Check http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0007.htm at "The Access Web" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "iccsi" <inungh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d755e8d9-8e1b-414f-a115-ae450d48075f@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > My application will call another application and would like check is > i...

Account Segments not displaying properly Trial Balance
We have 4 workstations running GP 10.0. On 2 of the workstations, when we print/display the Trial Balance the 2 and 3rd segments of the account number do not display properly. Our account number consists of 3 segments, acctnum-branch-region We have over 80 branches and without the branch number displaying properly the Trial Balance from these 2 workstations is useless. I have tried to download and update the newest printer drivers as per Crystal Reports, updated video card drivers, use Named Printers and so far I have not had any luck. Anyone have an idea? I have pasted an example be...

Run Time Error '1004' Application or Onject-defined
Hi all. I am having a strange problem with the below code in that it produces the run time error when trying to Paste the Selection. However, if I perform the action manually in exactly the same way, as in recording the macro in the first place, it works!? How can I get this to run - it is after all, a really simple code. (Most frustrating) Thanks, Wes. Windows("Transaction_Record.xlsm").Activate Sheets("DETAILED_PMNTS_REC").Select Range("N2077:QV2089").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Windows("AUDIT_TR...

outlook running on XP Pro in workgroup mode prompts for password on exchange 2003
we have a windows 2000 network with exchange 2000 local user are members of the domain, remote offices connect via Lan to Lan VPN with 5 or more computers running in workgroup mode. The users in the workgroup have local accounts on there XP pc that match the domain username/password. Currently they local to the exchange server with any issues. Outlook passes there username/password to the exchange server and logs then on. I have added a windows 2003 server and promoted it to a backup ADS server, added another windows 2003 server as a member server. Installed Exchange 2003 SP2. Move all the lo...

MS Money Bank Accounts and Credit Cards Not Updating
Is anyone else having trouble getting their bank accounts and credit accounts to update? For the last TWO WEEKS! I have been waiting patiently to look at account transactions. When I update accounts, my account homepage shows that I have X transactions to read; but when I click to read the updates, they are not in my register. No number of iterations and refreshes has got the updates to show up. Money info central has had the same unhelpful message for the last week or so: "You may experience problems getting accounts to update in MSN Money or within Money 2005 or 2006.We are w...

Running a .bat file with spaces in the path.
I am trying to run a .bat file from a macro. The shell command works okay most of the time - but I cannot seem to make it work if there is a space in the path. (So, running C:\Apps\BFIle.bat works, but not C:\My Apps\BFile.bat) As the .bat file I want to run will change, I want to enter the path in a cell, and then run the macro with a button. This means simply enteing the path in double quotation marks in the Shell command will not work. BFile = Range("A2").Value i = Shell (BFile, 1) Any ideas? Odd that a space is giving you a problem. This works for me whether the path has a ...

Postponed balance
Hi there, Several months ago I had postponed a balance attempt. Now when I want to balance Money remembers the last attempt. How do I get Money to forget about the last balance attempt? Thanks in advance for any sugestions. Ken In microsoft.public.money, Ken Reeves wrote: >Hi there, > >Several months ago I had postponed a balance attempt. >Now when I want to balance Money remembers the last >attempt. > >How do I get Money to forget about the last balance >attempt? > >Thanks in advance for any sugestions. > >Ken The opening balance is the net sum of ...

running external program, waiting for completion
I'm trying to start an external utility from a C++ program, but I'm having some problems I've tried various approaches, but all seem to suffer from the same problem: I can start the utility but if I try to wait for it to exit, then I'll wait forever (& the utility never seems to start running). One example: SHELLEXECUTEINFO ShExecInfo = {0}; ShExecInfo.cbSize = sizeof(SHELLEXECUTEINFO); ShExecInfo.fMask = SEE_MASK_NOCLOSEPROCESS; ShExecInfo.hwnd = NULL; ShExecInfo.lpVerb = _T("open"); ShExecInfo.lpFile = "c:\\xxx\\yyy\\zzz.exe"; ShExecInfo.lpPar...

Public Function not running
Hey, I have a public function that I call from a cell. The function is: Public Function QuitTime(strQuitTime As String) As Date Dim strHour, strMin As String Dim intHour, intMin As Integer Dim dtTime As Date strHour = Left(strQuitTime, 2) strMin = Right(strQuitTime, 2) dtTime = strHour & ":" & strMin dtTime = dtTime + Range("MainSheet!B2") ' this cell contains the value today() QuitTime = dtTime End Function Anyway, I run a vlookup on this array from another sheet and when ever i run that vlookup, it makes all the cells in th...

Accessing desktop shortcuts when programs are running
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there any way to toggle between program windows and the desktop so that you can access the shortcut icons there without resizing or minimizing your program windows? It would be great to be able to do this, especially when I have four or five word documents open . . . Thanks! You can use the ApplicationName> Hide ApplicationName or Hide Others command to hide the window(s) to access the Desktop - assuming you don't have any other application windows open. However, you might want to explore other more effective...

Allow active x controls to run in RMS POS
Hi there. When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS computer, I get the error message "Your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this page", and it doesn't work. It works fine on my back office pc, and I can't find any difference between the IE settings on the two pcs. Where would I find the setting to allow active x controls to run? Cheers Problem solved, windows automatically blocked it because I sent it as an email attachment from my office pc Mheill wrote: > Hi there. > > When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS co...

How to run Office:Mac on a PC?
For better support of Mac users, I want to run Office:Mac on a PC. Though I know about PearPC http://pearpc.sourceforge.net, I did not yet give it a try. Are there other solutions available? Many thanks for all hints and explanations, Thomas Hi Thomas, as far as I know, there aren't that many solutions to run Mac OS X on PCs. I have heard of PearPC, but I don't think that you can legally run Mac OS X on a non-Apple computer; if I remember correctly, the license agreement states that you are supposed to run OS X on Apple hardware only. Also, since you can only buy Mac OS X for Power...

HELP: Add textbox to a frame at run time
Hi All, How can I add text boxes on the form at run time based on what user inputs in a textbox? For eg: I have a textbox "Total Students" , so Once I input a number in that textbox, I want to have that many textboxes on the form during run time. If I input 4 I want four textboxes to be displayed on the form. Thanks in advance ...

un posted trx warning on GL year end run
We have a situation here as follows: When tried to Year end close 2007 on GL after closing all relavant modules we received a warning message "A single-use batch or quick journal transaction has not been posted yet. Do you want to continue closing ?" We put our maximum effort to find any pending trx that of year 2007 but without success. On a test basis we override the above warning and ran the year end procedure. When finished we find out that 3 multi-currency transactions are effected on the retained earnings account (debited 3 trx and the same amount included as credit t...

Creating an Address Book for home use and Christmas Card labels
What is the best way to set up an address book/phone book for home use? I also want to use this same book to print out label for Christmas cards. What is the best way to do all of this? Row 1 you have separate column titles for Lastname, Firstname, Address, City, State or Province, ZIP or Postal Code, Phone Number. Enter your data row by row for each person on your list. Then have a look at using Word for the Labels. For help on Word mail merge using Excel or Access as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateA...

Credit Card Approval Code
I am using IcVerify 3.1.6 to process credit card transactions and it is working fine. But, the approval code printed on the receipt shows bunch of numbers and letters (usually two lines long), instead of 6 digit approval code. When I test the transaction using IcVerify program (not RMS software with multi-user enviorment), the approval code shows only 6 digits. Is there any way to correct this problem? Please advise. Thank you. Eric, Turn on the short answer file. In your ICV multi-user screen, type in a /O (that's an O not a zero) on the initialization string line. -- * &quo...

RUNNING TOTALS #2
I would be obliged for help in setting up a formula, or similar, relative to retaining a 'running total' in 2 different worksheets please. e.g. in sheet 1 (cell 1a) - inputting a new figure every week. in sheet 2 (cell 1a) - to protect and record the sum of all the previous weekly figures accumulatively over the usage period, month, year and so on. Thanking you See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I would be obliged for help in setting up a formula, or >similar, relative to retaining a 'running...

Running Office 2000 on Win XP
Which, if any of these programs will work on Win XP Professional - 64-bit 1. Microsoft Word 2000 2. Microsoft Excel 2000 3. Microsft Publisher 2003 4. Microsoft Outlook 2003 Hi, Back in 2005 I used Outlook 2003 with no issues on Win XP - 64bit. Carlos "vootsak" wrote: > Which, if any of these programs will work on Win XP Professional - 64-bit > > 1. Microsoft Word 2000 > > 2. Microsoft Excel 2000 > > 3. Microsft Publisher 2003 > > 4. Microsoft Outlook 2003 > > vootsak wrote: > Which, if any of these prog...

Is it possible to add Credit Memos to Check Distribution Report?
In GP Check Distribution Report (Reports - Purchasing - Check Information - Check Distribution) is it possible to add Credit Memos that are applied to Invoices on a check? Currently this report by default only shows the Invoices the Check is paying off, but if possible we'd like to show any credit memos associated with invoices on this report. Thanks very much!!! Definitely NOT without a Customization. -- Regards, Vaidy "GPLoveHateRelationship" wrote: > In GP Check Distribution Report (Reports - Purchasing - Check Information - > Check Distribution) is it poss...

Account Balance Zero for Investment Accounts
I did not have any trouble adding regular checking/savings account, however for all investment accounts even when it shows it's linked to the website and updated, the balance still shows zero. What steps have I missed. In microsoft.public.money, Nanna wrote: >I did not have any trouble adding regular checking/savings account, however >for all investment accounts even when it shows it's linked to the website and >updated, the balance still shows zero. What steps have I missed. Do you have cash in the account, or do you have only securities? Does the "Adj.Balance&...

running Payroll calculations remotely
Is it possible to run Payroll calculations remotely, using web services. I mean: Payroll -> Calculate batch. So far, I cannot find any relevant web method Thanks for help Boris There is none! Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Boris T" wrote: > Is it possible to run Payroll calculations remotely, using web services. > I mean: Payroll -> Calculate batch. > So far, I cannot find any relevant web method > > Than...

software loaded-register, lost the disks
I recently switched from ME to XP (operating systems), now it is asking for me to load the disk for several office programs. I don't have the disks anymore..... do I have to repurchase the software, or can I somehow get the componenets from my registration numbers..... ...

Credit Card Balances in Parentheses
This might be a dumb question, but what does it mean when my credit card balance in the register show up in Red and in parentheses? Then, when I look at the Account Listing, the same credit card "Adj. Balance" shows in Black and without the parens. I'm confused. Can someone please explain this for me. Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, bver911 wrote: >This might be a dumb question, but what does it mean when my credit card >balance in the register show up in Red and in parentheses? It means you have a credit balance. If you don't actually have a credit bala...

Contacts Right Business Card Buttons wrong language
Hello, somehow my contacts have changed language in the buttons on the address cards, used to be western 123 then a, b, c etc, now it defaults to 123, a, 6, then symbols. Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice to no avail. I have checked the region and language areas and they are all fine. It is just annoying if anyone can help would be welcome. Thanks Michael ...